Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,421 members, 7,944,102 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:19 AM

Side By Side... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Side By Side... (680 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Side By Side... by marvelck: 10:44am On Mar 23, 2013
Side by side is not all about blind love, foolish love, stupid love but selfless love. It's when you love unconditionally and you're willing to make sacrifices for the other person, even at the risk of your own life. Loving should be side by side, and not one sided. if loving is more of the later, then its bound to be filled with pain or regrets.
Just like what happened to a friend of mine some years back. He was in a one sided relationship, in which he literally stopped living so that his girlfriend could grow. He did everything just to make her happy and also achieve her dreams. Going to school was her utmost desire, and every resources, energy and time were channeled towards achieving this cause. The guy virtually forgot about his own dreams and goals, in order to concentrate on hers. There is nothing bad or wrong in helping your girlfriend, if she is appreciative and thankful enough, and also keen about your own goals. But in my friend's case, his girlfriend just kept asking for more and more. And he was foolish enough to carry out her wish. And things were like this until when he finally realized how foolish he has been all this while, wasting his time waiting for her to reciprocate and also appreciate his love and effort to make her grow. Right there and then, my friend made up his mind to end the whole thing. But he didn't end the relationship without keeping his promise to her. cos his good heart wont just allow him leave her in that 'state'. So, he kept his promise, and his ex is now in school finally. While he is trying to rebuild his own life and career. And God so kind and merciful, things are going according to plans for him. He is now happier and has since found a better person.
There is nothing wrong in helping your partner to grow. But make sure both of you are growing together. While you're concerned about her well-being and elevation, she should also be concerned about yours. It should be mutual, and not a one sided affair. Dating a selfish lover would definitely make your life stagnant. Take my word for it. Some partners think only about themselves. And tend to intentionally or 'unknowingly' neglect the other person. Some people do this a lot. And it's also common among some married couples. It's very bad. You date or marry someone, not to diminish yourself but to grow together and also become a better person. cos Loving ought to be side by side.
And please, if you realize your partner is a selfish person. One that thinks only about himself or herself. Please I beg you, kindly and politely walk out of that relationship before it's too late. Shi ke nan!

(1) (Reply)

No More Excuses: Sex Alleviates Headaches Says New Study / Why Ladies Accept Flowers Even Not From Their Love Ones? / Is It Ok To Beg A Woman To Be Your GF Like You Are Needy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.