Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,723 members, 7,885,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

The Resurrection And The Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Resurrection And The Life (611 Views)

The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Resurrection And The Life by KevinAshikeni(m): 8:58pm On Mar 23, 2013
This is one of the most powerful mysteries the Spirit of God has taught me through books and experience over the past few days and all my walk with Jesus generally. Before we talk more about the resurrection and Life, let us understand what death basically is.
Death came into the world as Adam sinned against God by eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. God told him not to, that if he did he would surely DIE. But Adam and his wife(one) were deceived by the cunny serpent who twisted the truth about what God meant. Romans 5:1-21. That's why we should learn to trust God, then afterwards we would have the understanding of why we will ALWAYS make the right choice with Him. Death came into not only the destiny of mankind but into the world and the earth and reigns as a law. Romans 5:21- 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 8:2-  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. So we see here that the result of death is sin, sin reigns and rules over the death in the world which lucifer is presently god(chief ruler) over. That's why creation yearns for the manifestation (life of Jesus) of the sons of God to restore the glory of God to it. The armour of God has the sandals of the readiness to preach the gospel of "peace", to give to our fellow men and as Jesus said, "You are the salt of the earth..." This is not just metaphorical, if you have discernment of spirits you would experience the death reigning on the earth as you walk on the ground. Now many will get the point that death is not only when one gives up the ghost.
But too bad for death Jesus came do destroy the works of the devil as the Light of the world, not only that but also the way the truth and the Life. Jesus came to restore peace to troubled creation. That is why in John 5:25-26 Jesus says, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” How would something dead receive life if it is not resurrected? That is why man must be born again to re-enter the Kingdom of God. Eph 1:19-20-19 and what is the EXCEEDING greatness of His POWER toward us who believe, according to the working of His MIGHTY POWER 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places. Now these verses... ---» 22-23 22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all... ---»tell us that that we are His body and His body must exhibit that awesome power of God which are signs and wonders, miracles, deliverance, healings etc that Jesus Himself displayed as He walked the earth and through His apostles of old and many other subsequent believers.
Romans 6 Phil 3:10-14 2 Cor 3:18 show us just that just as we were slaves of sin, if we believe we become slaves of righteousness unto perfection, dying to the flesh, but truthfully it's not an all 'jolly ride' for part of the journey is partaking in the sufferings of Christ, for if we suffer with Him, we shall share in His Joy. 1Cor1:5
Finally death would be thrown into the Lake of fire and all who participate with it, Rev 20:13-14 just as the fulfilment of the journey in Life brings about resurrection of our weak mortal bodies unto glorious ones---» Immortality. 1 Cor 15:35-49.

(1) (Reply)

i ask again 'is Seun Osewa Directly Involved In Banning Atheists&pagans?' / Tithing Bananas / Chiristians How Did Your Family Become Christian. Please Share You Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.