Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,930 members, 7,879,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:30 AM

The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom (22726 Views)

How I Will Rule My Kingdom — 17 Yr Old Delta King / Benin Kingdom In Edo Is Yoruba Territory — Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2015
Seems like these Portuguese had been all through the african coast, i wonder why they didn't colonise south africa (given that they had angola and mozambique), they came to east africa in the 1400 to 1500s but were driven out by the waswahili bantus who had already assimilated into a muslim culture. We have a huge fortress known as Fort Jesus in Mombasa city Kenya which they built and where they barricaded themselves against the arabs and the waswahili, there are lots of war cannons too cheesy.
[img]https://wattnext.files./2010/04/koen-img_5635.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Need To See More Hausa And Fulani Girls Representing Nigeria And In Nollywood / Fulani Siddika Sanusi And Abubakar Umar Kurfi's Kamu Traditional Ceremony / The Biology Behind Light Skin Complexion Born And Bred Africans.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.