Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? (9350 Views)

Urgent Help!! My Fiancee Is Now Addicted To Something Else. I Feel Very Sad / Social Network Sites. Who Would Your Prefer To Date: Expert Or Novice? / Now I Have Seen The Reason Some Married Men Cheat On Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by HAH: 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
Age is nothing but a number, social networking and social media is the order of the day, the world has moved and the old guy is moving with it.

Abi you expect him to be reading newspaper like Alaroye.

Believe me writing letters and reading physical newspapers is old school when you have twitter to get up the minute live update.

Coming to the issue of social networking there is nothing wrong if a 55 year old is finding love there, who knows may be he is a widower divorcee or even a muslim looking for a second wife.
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by chikk(f): 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
Opera Mini: @ poster, kindly define addiction in this issue?

Guy, forget addiction. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with this! When was 2go introduced in naija? That man was above 40 when 2go came out and as of then, he shouldn't even have joined it! What was he looking for THEN? Was he addicted 'before' he joined? The man has a clear intention!
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by texazzpete(m): 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
chikk: Hmmm. I don't know what you guys mean by 'being addicted'. Insomnia and marital issues
on their own are flimsy excuses. I don't see any reason why a man of that age bracket, who is neither a political figure or an artist of any kind should be on social sites like facebook and 2go. NL is pardonable. Everyone knows that men don't quite rap with their fellow men on chat unless they're buddies or biz associates. But in this case, I don't see that man's colleagues staying up late every night to chat with him on 2go. Neither do I see his friends(who are in same age group) staying up to chat! So its just nonsensical for a man of that age to be on social sites like 2go!

Don't be silly. Lots of men of that age use social networks.
It could be a BB or Facebook group where Football or Politics is being discussed. People like you of limited intellect cannot comprehend these things...but it doesn't make them wrong.

I belong to a Blackberry group where there are members in their 40s...the group is purely to discuss football. Are they cheats too?
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
texazzpete:

It could be a BB or Facebook group where Football or Politics is being discussed. People like you of limited intellect cannot comprehend these things...but it doesn't make them wrong.

I belong to a Blackberry group where there are members in their 40s...the group is purely to discuss football. Are they cheats too?

Are you addicted to the Group, like, through out the day and well into the night?
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Jarus(m): 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
eledalo: I guess folks like Siena, Jarus and Ajanlekoko will be able to answer us on this one!
cheesy grin cheesy
Who told you I'm addicted? smiley

In any case, only a little mind will think Social networks is for romantic activities too.

It's not even a matter of being in 40's, even among youths still in their twenties there are many people whose facebook walls emit intellectualism. On my facebook wall we discuss politics. We also tease ourselves on football. I don't know why people think social media is only about a girl meeting a boy or posting and liking pictures.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Abrantie: 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
Being in a relationship and chatting with non-related members of the opposite s3x in private chats is wrong. The individual chats themselves may be innocent. However, with each passing chat, attraction grows and encourages both parties to test their boundries.

We guys use phrases like "I chatted up this babe last night". There's an implication in that statement of flirting or trying to hook up.

There's also a factor one has to consider when judging issues like this -- frequency. A single private chat once in a long while to keep in touch is harmless. However, a rambling chat which goes on several times a week or month, filled with a lot of laughs, starting every 11PM and goes on for about an hour is inviting trouble.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by chikk(f): 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2013
texazzpete:

So you just come on forums like this to insult people? Did I say anything to insult u or anyone here? All u want is for me to respond in the same insulting tone abi? Well, sorry to disappoint u, I'm not like that. When I mentioned social sites, I said facebook and 2go. I exempted NL and that implies that some other reasonable sites are exempted too. I'm sure my response was also directed to the example the OP gave. So I don't know what your ish is with me. Pls, watch your language.
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
I don't think there's anything wrong with social networking if it works for you. If it fights your boredom or keeps you company, please go ahead. Its far better than going outside and getting into trouble or spending money foolishly. It totally depends, most things in life that can be used badly and also be used in a good way. smiley. YES to social networking for all the right reasons tho. smiley
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Jonwesley(m): 3:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
OCTAVO: Can you imagine a 55 year old man who is a father 3 grown kids chatting on 2go by 11pm?
Yes!!! You heard me right o! This person is a family friend. Needless I mention that he's also registered to some other social network sites.
I'm also sure there will be some married women in same category with him.
These older folks no wan gree again o.
I mean shouldn't there be a form of self discipline exihibited by them?

You will certainly grow old too. Why not wait until you get to this age and see how you would behave first before judging another person? What goes around comes around too. The person who is being chatted with is not complaining, are you not crying more than the bereaved? Such men are servicing the Industry, because of available needs that need to be met.
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by konami001: 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
Gosh... boring thread... there is a reason why we have free will... How does a 5o-something yr old man using social network affect you? If you dont walk in someone's shoes, you gat no right to judge them... wait until you get to 55 and you will see for yourself if the 59yr puccy nor different from 20yrs old own.... Mind your business my friend and leave your family friend alone.... you nor get work?
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by djeezy(m): 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
OCTAVO:
Joke I guess...
Pastor no dey get girlfriend? No be human being?lol
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by djeezy(m): 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
Monzuur: lmfao.......joke abi?
So we don't have fake pastors again?lol
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by OCTAVO: 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2013
Jonwesley:

You will certainly grow old too. Why not wait until you get to this age and see how you would behave first before judging another person? What goes around comes around too. The person who is being chatted with is not complaining, are you not crying more than the bereaved? Such men are servicing the Industry, because of available needs that need to be met.
Bros, I can't be on 2go @ age 55. Daaz a pure fact!
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by apnavarun(m): 4:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
He might not have get what he should be.
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by tpia5: 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2013
sexkillz: They must have boring marriages to be "addicted" to social networks after marriage. I mean, there should be a limit and a level of respect for your spouse. Using social networks is not wrong, but being addicted to it and chatting up members of the opposite sex when you are married? Come on!!!

Its an insult on your spouse depriving him/her of attention and spending it chatting up the opposite sex on social media.

Infact i use it to rate a person's mentality and level of thinking when am talking to you and you are busy giggling punching your qwerty keys.

I have seen people mostly ladies standing on bustops or walking on pedestrain stretches by road sides busy pinging and 2going. Isnt that madness if an oncoming vehicle hits you because you are pinging When you get close to such persons, they are always full of fu..ck..ups in behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by obimind(m): 5:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
djeezy: Not only oldies and married people. I went to church today and the sermon got boring, so I was tempted to log on to facebook to chat. I found my assistant pastor online and a convo ensued.
Me: Pastor, what are you doing?
Pastor: Nothing, brother..., I was just reminding some recalcitrant and obstinate whor'es to come to church"
Me: WTF!!!
Pastor: Brother....stop that please.

How did he know what WTF means?
My bro, what are u waiting for? Nollywood awaits u as their script writer. Lol!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by tete7000(m): 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
Lack of discipline is the bane of many addiction.
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
OCTAVO:
Lolz @ Insomnia. Truly, I can tell that some dudes are Insomniac even here on NL with the way they keep up with posts on threads.
But I'm talking about people that are not Insomniac, even when you are having conversation with them in broad day light, they keep pressing their phone intermittently. Isn't that addiction?
It is addiction.
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
Listen Man, When you live with a woman, your Time on the Cancer Boxes Increase Dramatically

Living with my Girlfriend is the Sole Reason Why I Talk to You Losers Wonderful People...

It's either that or watch Basketball Wives & Love & Hip hop All Day in the room with her....

Social Media Sites are an Escape Mechanism for Some.

When she goes back to visit her homeland, I take entire weeks and months off from All Cancer Boxes{Phone,Tv,Computer,VG,Ect}

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by collinsn007(m): 11:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
konami001: Gosh... boring thread... there is a reason why we have free will... How does a 5o-something yr old man using social network affect you? If you dont walk in someone's shoes, you gat no right to judge them... wait until you get to 55 and you will see for yourself if the 59yr puccy nor different from 20yrs old own.... Mind your business my friend and leave your family friend alone.... you nor get work?
i certainly agree wit jonwesley jarus n konami a man's meat is anoda's mess is d old man's biz y clamour or judge him afterall his wife dats if he hs is nt complainin so wats d problem wit dat bt pingin n chatin on d road i tink dats wrong atleast d old man doesnt fall 2 dat extent of social ntwork on busy schedule or nuisancy done by young pple i tink dia is time 4 evrytin n d old man is usin his time 2 stop judgin n discriminatin
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by ebukav(m): 1:21am On Mar 26, 2013
Which site can dey be found I mean married woman, I nid to Bleep de hell out of dem with my over sized dick
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 26, 2013
ebukav: Which site can dey be found I mean married woman, I nid to Bleep de hell out of dem with my over sized dick

lol
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by wonderfulson: 5:21am On Mar 26, 2013
Using social sites is nt wrong only if u are nt cheating on ur spouse through the medium
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Alaanyihaji(m): 9:46am On Mar 26, 2013
djeezy: Not only oldies and married people. I went to church today and the sermon got boring, so I was tempted to log on to facebook to chat. I found my assistant pastor online and a convo ensued.
Pastor: Nothing, brother..., I was just reminding some recalcitrant and obstinate whor'es to come to church"

Guys pls don't be annoyed: what does WTF mean?
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by tommenoh(m): 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2015

What happens in 2go?
.Gosh!, u dont wanna go there! Dats like d crass of social chat platforms, wt perverts n paedophilic folks, u do wanna puke, frm some extracts! Still, after saying dat, some few, good folks, unfamiliar wt beta chat sites, hang in thr, too
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by tommenoh(m): 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
As for the present thread, its abominable, and the height of hypocricy, for the married to still chat, on such platforms. Yes, i know some may say, its wt an innocent intentions,(tell me, which committed sin, no d steam from inno, inno? ),but u open ur self, to temptations which definately, will come. U can b on linkednet, but not on such as 2go n badoo, etc. If i catch wifey on it, hmmmmmm
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by nemadfsyahooc: 1:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
What is WTF
djeezy:
Not only oldies and married people. I went to church today and the sermon got boring, so I was tempted to log on to facebook to chat. I found my assistant pastor online and a convo ensued.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Ugly Girls Hate Fine Guys In Relationships Today / What If He Mistakenly Puts It In The Other "Hole" / Does A Big Ass Guarantee Sweet Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.