Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,100 members, 7,973,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:11 AM

Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). - Jobs/Vacancies (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). (303173 Views)

Aluminium Smelter Company Of Nigeria (alscon) Vacancy / Amcon( Asset Mtg Company Of Nig.) Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
guys pls lets not forget what we are all here for, the most important thing now is encouraging each other with informations that can sooth the mind and not challenging each other, we are not here for a superiority context. I also want to appologice if i've offened any with my previous posts directly or indirectly. We are all one here... Thanks
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
@blessmyij, av u heard from d man(top tcn official) dat promised 2 get back 2 u on tuesday? tnx!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by akym2005: 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
l now discovered that those of u who makes comment on bad communication issue are lack of technical know how in the field high voltage system engineering therefore l pray that u will soon join us there because am in the field already just 8yrs experience so u are welcome no more comment from me again because l have already tested majority of u
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Uzilla: 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
LoL
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by blessmyij(f): 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
ogunwale01: @blessmyij, av u heard from d man(top tcn official) dat promised 2 get back 2 u on tuesday? tnx!
I have given u guys d feedback. I'm still waiting for a fresh update.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by folamee: 10:29pm On Oct 26, 2013
Laff my ass out

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 12:56am On Oct 27, 2013
akym2005: l now discovered that those of u who makes comment on bad communication issue are lack of technical know how in the field high voltage system engineering therefore l pray that u will soon join us there because am in the field already just 8yrs experience so u are welcome no more comment from me again because l have already tested majority of u
Give us update about what is happening then. That is d purpose of this thread. Let's forget about communication, we are not graduates of linguistic or english. God bless us
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 12:59am On Oct 27, 2013
blessmyij:
I have given u guys d feedback. I'm still waiting for a fresh update.
Thanks my guy. Pls be on lookout for fresh update from d TCN staff and update us here pls. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 5:32am On Oct 27, 2013
akym2005: l now discovered that those of u who makes comment on bad communication issue are lack of technical know how in the field high voltage system engineering therefore l pray that u will soon join us there because am in the field already just 8yrs experience so u are welcome no more comment from me again because l have already tested majority of u

8yrs of experience? Waoooooh that is a wealth of knowledge. I think u should be of more blessing to us than this.

Anyway, d 8yrs experience was it with TCN or other sector of power system engineering/high voltage engineering?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by filcast(m): 7:06am On Oct 27, 2013
akym2005: guy no payment of several package for tcn staff except if they own them salary because the section is not yet privatised according to minister of power also what is payment is going to do with ur training even though without fg pay naptin is it not belong to the same power ministry pls lets look for other cause of delay
guy am sorry if this offends u but ur grammer is something else. It breaks my heart reading ur posts here-please do something about it. Is this the caliber of engineers that were recruited. Definitely, something is wrong with Nigeria. I doubt your claim of 8 yrs experience since you cant differentiate distribution and transmission voltage levels.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by filcast(m): 7:13am On Oct 27, 2013
akym2005: @fri007 look at solution link again only kaduna disco soon phcn are protest even they are not tcn staff. and that do u think that fg will sack all the 2000 tcn staff and put u there. u hav fail and u dont know that disco also have 33kv and 11kv transmission lines that runs through the cities . by the way how manage do u pass ur aptitude and oral interview text
Guy,what did you just ask that guy?Where you talking about aptitude test? I heard some people (I know a friend who did and confirmed to me) 'runsed' their way through and you must be one of them. So please stop already! with this ur grammer, its obvious what happened.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by filcast(m): 7:27am On Oct 27, 2013
filcast: Guy,what did you just ask that guy?Where you talking about aptitude test? I heard some people (I actually know a friend who did and confirmed to me) 'runsed' their way through and you must be one of them. So please stop already! with this ur grammer, its obvious what happened.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ProfUBA1(m): 9:00am On Oct 27, 2013
[quote author=filcast][/quote]

@Filcast, I agree that an engineer should have good communication included in his work paraphenalia, but this does not call for too much impeccability in English grammar usage as found among linguists. In fact, while on the job, engineers are advised to employ engineering terms rendered in phrases, as such a profession demands a high level of technical know-how and less speech--except during training sessions and the likes. Besides, in some locations, engineers are advised to communicate in their shared native language as certain actions/activities are better expressed and aptly captured by our indigenous language.
Even sometimes, people speak better than they write.

Are you with me?

Your own 'grammer' and 'where' were wrongly written...grammar... were. Whereas there is no such word as 'grammer' in the English Lexicon, 'where' is an adverb of place wrongly placed in the position of 'were' which is a plural past tense verb.

Learn more...08034373942

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by filcast(m): 11:26am On Oct 27, 2013
Prof.UBA:

@Filcast, I agree that an engineer should have good communication included in his work paraphenalia, but this does not call for too much impeccability in English grammar usage as found among linguists. In fact, while on the job, engineers are advised to employ engineering terms rendered in phrases, as such a profession demands a high level of technical know-how and less speech--except during training sessions and the likes. Besides, in some locations, engineers are advised to communicate in their shared native language as certain actions/activities are better expressed and aptly captured by our indigenous language.

Are you with me?

Your own 'grammer' and 'where' were wrongly written...grammar... were. Whereas there is no such word as 'grammer' in the English Lexicon, 'where' is an adverb of place wrongly placed in the position of 'were' which is a plural past tense verb.

Learn more...08034373942
just get a sit bro cos u are totally wrong.no need 4 cheap poparity here.what about replacing 'a' with 'e'? yes thats pardonable.but pls can u point out where dat guy was wrong?you cant cos its incomprehensible.pls if u ve got nothing important to say here just move on.who told u 21st century engineers dont need to be polished?u must be refering to technicians.pls be informed! I pray u will be passing through naptin to fully understand what u need to be a good power engineer.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 11:40am On Oct 27, 2013
This thread is for updates about ongoing TCN recruitment pls. Only updates to that effect is appreciated here pls.

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
Prof.UBA:

Are you with me?

Learn more...08034373942

Guy you are very wrong. As someone rightly pointed out, we are not craftsmen, neither are we technicians. This iڪ one of the reasons they say our graduates are unemployable. All manner of stuffs posted here shows that we have a long way to go. We need to both be educated and be literate.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2013
Prof.UBA:

Are you with me?

Learn more...08034373942

What on earth is this guy trying to say? You are wrong my friend. Any thorough recruitment process will not have this akym guy listed as successful candidate. He could have been favoured by Nigerian lapses or the federal character thing. I think this is just an intro . . . when job starts you will see every dick and harry packed in the name of 522 engineers. That is part of the reasons why NEPA suffered, PHCN suffered, and now TCN has already started suffering. If you don't know, effective communication in english is key to engineering profession.

By the way, it is not 'paraphenalia' but 'paraphernalia' . . . "er" not just "e". Paraphernalia is used to describe tangible objects and it's not applicable in your logomachy. You can't use it to describe things like skills for a job.

@akym2005: I thought you wrote better than this. What the hell has happened to you. You go village? Lol!

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by gengle: 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
We are all potentials here in one way or the other and there are lots who ar better than some of us but are not chosen by God to be part of TCN and if we review our post prior to collection of appointment non was compalaining about Gramatical error. tnx
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Coolie89(m): 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
@All,person sabi English or not e no concern me,provided i can communicate in my own English effectively that's his cup of tea,this is an issue that is common with Nigerians generally due to too much Native language speaking while i was doing my NYSC in a school then i know the kind of English i saw; both spoken and written and most people continue like that through Life, it just depends on a person's Foundation.And if the person gets laughed @ and criticised for bad English then i can only recommend brighter grammar. Can't remember where and when precisely heard it in the News that most Graduates can't express themselves properly and it is partly true because if the problem is not written English; for some it is spoken English. And who even told all of you that the guy you are yabbing is part of us. I went through his posts didn't find anything that confirms that, anybody can decide to keep posting on the thread whether successful or not.

Last Bullet: una don make me vex i b no wan post before ,let's not derail the thread any longer it's not necessary to post,only relevant posts and updates on the way forward is needed; lest this thread be highjacked by bigots and people whey matter no concern. The whole nairaland and guests are watching, cheers and God bless us and answer us speedingly,Y'all have a Cool Sunday.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by filcast(m): 7:12pm On Oct 27, 2013
hey chill, no offence intended. Nobody is derailing this thread. The fact is most guys here are so tensed with the seeming silence and can use some of these diversions.
Nobody sabi English too much.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Nextworldnx(m): 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2013
WTF is going on here? Is dis an English class or wat. Instead of posting sensible info here, u guys are Jabbing at each other.

Btw, sequel to d msg we received from naptin abt our resumption date and course outline, we d self-sponsored candidates have realised that our expenses for the whole duration of d program(I.e for 12months) might be upto a million naira.

Peeps in d house who has done this before should help us with possible cost breakdown and estimate pls.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by mstpee(m): 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nextworldnx: WTF is going on here? Is dis an English class or wat. Instead of posting sensible info here, u guys are Jabbing at each other.

Btw, sequel to d msg we received from naptin abt our resumption date and course outline, we d self-sponsored candidates have realised that our expenses for the whole duration of d program(I.e for 12months) might be upto a million naira.

Peeps in d house who has done this before should help us with possible cost breakdown and estimate pls.

Thanks
..... Mehn!! Are u for real? That's huge ooo... Dats excluding the tuition fee abi?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by IMOHS(m): 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
logomarchy...dats a new 1. Anyway,anoda new wk of suspense.HAPPY NEW WK GUYS!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nextworldnx: WTF is going on here? Is dis an English class or wat. Instead of posting sensible info here, u guys are Jabbing at each other.

Thanks

Yea..I calculated up to that also..transport,feeding and all sorts..its well bro
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by denfason: 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
Seyi Godspower: This thread is for updates about ongoing TCN recruitment pls. Only updates to that effect is appreciated here pls.
Update is the main issue, use of english and expression are non issues for me. we might just need a committee to look into the latest/authentic updates monday is gone already. in all God pass them.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2013
I did not envisage this kind of situation. I would have collected someone's number among d staff on that day.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Quodragoals(m): 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2013
Suspence indeed!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Coolie89(m): 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Coolie89(m): 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2013
Something to ease the tension a lil bit, make una no do like this man oh

https://www.nairaland.com/1495438/ex-phcn-worker-spends-n5.5mgratuity-jeep
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Quodragoals(m): 6:05pm On Oct 28, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (86) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.