Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,294 members, 7,900,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:22 PM

Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). - Jobs/Vacancies (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). (301474 Views)

Aluminium Smelter Company Of Nigeria (alscon) Vacancy / Amcon( Asset Mtg Company Of Nig.) Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by blessmyij(f): 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
ogunwale01: It's only because u guys didn't see ur scores dat's reason u can't understand wot's going on. Imagine som1 dat scored 67% was nt choosen while som1 dat scored 45% was choosen. Put urself in dat condition, will u be happy? pls, dont be selfish. Let's us fight it 2gether.
Let me educate u small to d best of my knowledge. On d day of interview , people were saying dat the criterias for d selection are 1) your state 2) federal constituency FC 3) gender cos they did it 35 % female and dey took 18 per state ie 13 males and 5 females. Ok following dat, d persom dat got 65 might cm from FC A, and d one dat scored 45, from FC B. In A, people might have scored too high dat he didn't make it in his FC but for d person in B, he/ she might even be d highest there and was chosen. Again, d person with 45 might be a lady, so she was chosen cos among d ladies she is d first five. So my dear, as u can see one of these might be d reason why d 65 was not chosen.
If it was dat easy to sort, you that was opportuned to see SCORES would have wangled ur way to TCN.So just take it dat God has better thing and work place in stock for you.
I will not be surprise if u attack me back but I've just told u d truth. They might not be 100% transparent but will give them 90%. I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 4:54am On Dec 03, 2013
I understand wot u ar saying bt it shld nt be like dat, it shld be in order of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8...... not 6,5,4,3,2,1,8,7......... i don't bliv in dis federal character tinz. So, 4 those dat were nt called 4 appointment leta, is not dat u didn't do well o. U just av 2 accept ur fate and keep d ball rolling, bt still, IT IS NOT OVER UNTILL IT IS OVER.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Uzilla: 7:46am On Dec 03, 2013
blessmyij:
Let me educate u small to d best of my knowledge. On d day of interview , people were saying dat the criterias for d selection are 1) your state 2) federal constituency FC 3) gender cos they did it 35 % female and dey took 18 per state ie 13 males and 5 females. Ok following dat, d persom dat got 65 might cm from FC A, and d one dat scored 45, from FC B. In A, people might have scored too high dat he didn't make it in his FC but for d person in B, he/ she might even be d highest there and was chosen. Again, d person with 45 might be a lady, so she was chosen cos among d ladies she is d first five. So my dear, as u can see one of these might be d reason why d 65 was not chosen.
If it was dat easy to sort, you that was opportuned to see SCORES would have wangled ur way to TCN.So just take it dat God has better thing and work place in stock for you.
I will not be surprise if u attack me back but I've just told u d truth. They might not be 100% transparent but will give them 90%. I rest my case

Nice analysis

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 8:38am On Dec 03, 2013
Wot a rubbish! nice analysis? was it nt d same questions u were asked during d aptitude test and oral interview? abeg make u use ur hands 2 cover ur face, shame on u! som1 dat got 45% was employed while som1 dat got 67% was not. Is dat hw it shld be? to hell with federal character. Nonesense!

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 8:53am On Dec 03, 2013
hmmmmmmm
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 9:05am On Dec 03, 2013
A friend of mine, told me one of his friend @ the TCN informed him that TCN management has start paying their ex-workers. So may be the may call us in less than three weeks.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by blessmyij(f): 9:53am On Dec 03, 2013
agaj4life: A friend of mine, told me one of his friend @ the TCN informed him that TCN management has start paying their ex-workers. So may be the may call us in less than three weeks.
Yea !! D calling might be for ist week of january. So as ur travelling go with d things u. Might need.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by kankani: 10:24am On Dec 03, 2013
@ogunwale-all u nided wz d explanation given by Blessing...wot else do u want2hear na..?!?...dat explains evrythng @Blessmyij-u too much joorh...nice one!!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 10:35am On Dec 03, 2013
ogunwale01: Wot a rubbish! nice analysis? was it nt d same questions u were asked during d aptitude test and oral interview? abeg make u use ur hands 2 cover ur face, shame on u! som1 dat got 45% was employed while som1 dat got 67% was not. Is dat hw it shld be? to hell with federal character. Nonesense!
This guy has issues!

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by kankani: 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
Serios isues I swear...I'v bin 4lowin diz forum 4mnths witout comenting...wen I saw his coment even after blessmyij's explanation...I wz lyk shooo...wich kind persn b diz na?...me must coment 2day o...na God giv us diz job brother...I dnt knw anybody...saw it online and applyd..I got it...urs somwia @ God's tym..if it must b TCN,am sure dey'll stil recruit somday...

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
ogunwale01: Wot a rubbish! nice analysis? was it nt d same questions u were asked during d aptitude test and oral interview? abeg make u use ur hands 2 cover ur face, shame on u! som1 dat got 45% was employed while som1 dat got 67% was not. Is dat hw it shld be? to hell with federal character. Nonesense!
Bitterness of the highest order!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by mstpee(m): 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
kankani: Serios isues I swear...I'v bin 4lowin diz forum 4mnths witout comenting...wen I saw his coment even after blessmyij's explanation...I wz lyk shooo...wich kind persn b diz na?...me must coment 2day o...na God giv us diz job brother...I dnt knw anybody...saw it online and applyd..I got it...urs somwia @ God's tym..if it must b TCN,am sure dey'll stil recruit somday...
..... Omo mehn i tire ooO... Wida dis guy nah? Shuuu.. This guys bitterness is so uncalled for..
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
Mr Parasite, i've been waitng 4 u 2 comment cos i was too sure dat u'll. Am nt interested in solutn guy and kankani's comment bt only urs. Hear dis from me, "UR BODY WILL FAILS U SOON" by d time u realise d issues behind the main issue. Bt incase u still need job, u can apply 2 YALE FOODS LTD @ oluyole in ibadan. That's where u belong, am serious o. Till next year, i wish u all well in ur various endeavours.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Manaz: 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
Seyi Godspower: Bitterness of the highest order!

O-gun-wa-le.....
Its Only God dat gives. My frend dat told me abt dis job didn't get and he accepted it in good faith. Bt as am talking 2 u now he kept on pushing 4 oda places and nw he just got a job dat will be paying him 4million per annum datz over 300k per month. Is it nt better dan TCN? U don't knw wat God is planning 4 u. TCN was d 1st job I gate crashed and as God will have it I was successful. Just be matured in ur thoughts!

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
@Ogunwale01:

‘HE WHO LIVES IN THE PAST IS ALREADY DEAD, HE WHO LIVES IN THE
FUTURE HAS NOT YET LIVED, BUT HE WHO LIVES IN THE PRESENT IS TRULY
ALIVE’

So often we live our lives fearing what might not even come into fruition. This
is mainly due to past hurts and the fear that they will happen again, but most
of all I think it comes down to the fact we believe we don’t deserve any better.
It is a vicious cycle that can swallow us up. We find ourselves too busy
focusing on ‘this will go wrong’, ‘I don’t deserve this’, we end up living a life
too busy focusing on the bad stuff that has happened that we miss the good
things that are happening right in front of us. I’m sure we’ve all been there
before. It is this fear that the big bad would happen again that makes us so
afraid to move forward, to put ourselves out there, to simply take a risk and
hope that this time it would be different. Because of this we miss out on so
many of the great opportunities life has to offer.

Yes life is a real bitch sometimes, but guess what, life can be a bitch for
everyone. It really comes down to the mindset of what you want to do with it.
Problems are circumstantial, yes shit happens but you choose to let it pull you
down or flick it off your shoe and move forward. Seriously how often can you
handle the smell of shit on your shoe before you have to kick it off?
Our past can hold us back and the unknown future can petrify us at times, too
often we find ourselves focusing on these then what is actually happening in the
now. I once heard a phrase that went like this…

‘He who lives in the past is already dead, he who lives in the future has not yet
lived, but he who lives in the present is truly alive’
Being someone who has lived both in the past and in the future, I know from
personal experience this gets you no where. Your heart only gets hurt as much
as you let it. Yes people disappoint us, some more so then others, some even
hurt us in ways that at times we feel might never move on from. But to believe
that as truth you are simply lying to yourself. Ultimately we are in control of our
lives and we have the power within to choose how we let the shitty moments in
life that we are faced with effect us.

What is the point of living in the past, you can’t change what has already
happened, and what’s the point of fearing a future of things that have not yet
happened. You’re more then likely to bring the things you fear the most into
fruition by focusing on them. Live for the now, take a risk, take a chance
because at the end of the day today is simply just another tomorrow.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by 4kmukina: 2:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
ogunwale01: I understand wot u ar saying bt it shld nt be like dat, it shld be in order of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8...... not 6,5,4,3,2,1,8,7......... i don't bliv in dis federal character tinz. So, 4 those dat were nt called 4 appointment leta, is not dat u didn't do well o. U just av 2 accept ur fate and keep d ball rolling, bt still, IT IS NOT OVER UNTILL IT IS OVER.

No wonder u didn't scale tru, ur reasoning ability is abysmally low. Is it TCN dat started federal character? Guy wake up. Its over and no amount of juju of petition wil cancel the recruitment.

I was a victim of federal character in NNPC recruitment. Why do u think some gud students with gud jamb scores don't get admission whilein some states those with 150 score are taken for medicine and law?

Go hang urself if u think federal character started today. Frustrated ninny goat.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by gsmedge: 2:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ogunwale, when a person fails, he's ntt regarded a failure till he fails to rise again! I appliied online like others n I almost ...when i got this job cos its God's will for me. God's will for you pertaining to a good job will not be unfulfilled in your life in the name of Jesus Christ, the son of God, amen!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
All this abusive and countered abusive comments are totally uncalled for... ogunwale has expressed himself without calling names so why the abuses To me i dont approve what he said, and his grievances can't change the fate of any one here so why worry about him... Well for me its wrong attacking him, he is not TCN so we all should let him be. "i don't bliv in dis
federal character tinz. So, 4 those dat
were nt called 4 appointment leta, is
not dat u didn't do well o. U just av 2
accept ur fate and keep d ball rolling,
bt still, IT IS NOT OVER UNTILL IT IS
OVER." i don't see any thing wrong with his comment ooooooooAll this abusive and countered abusive comments are totally uncalled for... ogunwale has expressed himself without calling names so why the abuses To me i dont approve what he said, and his grievances can't change the fate of any one here so why worry about him... Well for me its wrong attacking him, he is not TCN so we all should let him be. "i don't bliv in dis
OVER." i don't see any thing wrong with his comment oooooooo
All this abusive and countered abusive comments are totally uncalled for... ogunwale has expressed himself without calling names so why the abuses To me i dont approve what he said, and his grievances can't change the fate of any one here so why worry about him... Well for me its wrong attacking him, he is not TCN so we all should let him be. "i don't bliv in dis
OVER." i don't see any thing wrong with his comment oooooooo
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
TCN Does not need the service of a frustrated slowpoke, hence the reason you didn't get the job. TCN has been repositioned for better performance. That's the reason they recruited young and energetic engineers. But a riff-raff like you will only come and spoil it, hence the reason you were not successful. Go and intensify the use of your juju and whatever you know. You will use your own head to carry it. Stupid nincompoop!

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
Guys, is there not a way of removing this jejune from this thread? Even if you make your own post searching for information from your other successful colleagues without calling him, without mentioning his name, he will still attack you. He will still call you name. His bitterness has gone beyond control. Are we the recruiters? Are we the federal govt? I wonder why the chicken is now holding grudge against the cooking pot instead of the knife that kills it.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by denfason: 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
l know how painful it cld be when one lose out but there is hope in the power sector considering the milestone of 40k mega watt/ 18k skilled worker required to drive the energy. with time federal character will not be applicable, l bet u TCN might have to fight for people to stay in the employment time will tell. There will be greener welfare outside TCN in no time from now. pls relax guy things will be ok.
we need a thread exclusively to the employed TCN Trainees and l suggest blessmj kick start the process possibly outside nairaland, the one here is too open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Tomoarika(m): 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
Too much vitriol in here! Y'all need to chill mehn.

Hello Ogunwale, take it easy, ok? I understand where you are coming from but let's face it dis Federal Character issue didn't start today and (sadly imho) won't end anytime soon. This is definitely not d right place to discuss its merits and demerits. Most of us hav prob been affected by it in one way or another- Common Entrance, JAMB, other Fed Govt agency recruitments etc.

Look to the future, forget the past, enjoy the present.
In Tubaba's famous words "Who God has blessed no man can curse".
I hope you find yours just as we seem to have found ours.

Regards
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by abdulvehe: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
Tomoarika: Too much vitriol in here! Y'all need to chill mehn.

Hello Ogunwale, take it easy, ok? I understand where you are coming from but let's face it dis Federal Character issue didn't start today and (sadly imho) won't end anytime soon. This is definitely not d right place to discuss its merits and demerits. Most of us hav prob been affected by it in one way or another- Common Entrance, JAMB, other Fed Govt agency recruitments etc.

Look to the future, forget the past, enjoy the present.
In Tubaba's famous words "Who God has blessed no man can curse".
I hope you find yours just as we seem to have found ours.

Regards

Nice one
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by esuabassey(m): 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
It iڪ well with us........!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Abraham581: 7:13am On Dec 04, 2013
[color=#770077][/color] My belove colleague of TCN,do u knw dat january is jst by d corner? Pls lets rest well because 4rm january enough wrk is awaiting us

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 3:44am On Dec 05, 2013
Senator Adeyeye (APC, Osun) said this during yesterday NASS meeting, "Green Eagles were nt selected through Federal Character and they won world cup for Nigerians, I don't believe in Federal character bt in Merit, Nigeria is one". This Federal character issue has becomes bone of contention @ National Assembly (senate), we need best pple 2 take dis country 2 her promise land, fedaral character is causing a great set back 2 dis nation. Thank u!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by adexlumi(m): 9:08am On Dec 05, 2013
FOLLOW ENGINEERS, YOU'LL SOON GET GOOD NEWS FROM TCN... IN JESUS NAME.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Quodragoals(m): 10:32am On Dec 05, 2013
adexlumi: FOLLOW ENGINEERS, YOU'LL SOON GET GOOD NEWS FROM TCN... IN JESUS NAME.
Amen! Amen!! Amen!!!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2013
House, I need your contribution regarding the questions below:

1) What would happen If +ve terminal of a DC battery is connected to a bulb (using one wire) & another wire coming out from bulb is inserted in the ground (earth) instead of connecting it to the -ve terminal of the battery:
a) Would the bulb glow?
b) If yes, does it mean electrons in the wire flow into the earth?
c) If no, would it glow if the -ve terminal of the battery is connected to
the ground?

2) Could you account for the electrons that enter the ground as a result of:
a) connection of the neutral of electric source and drain to a ground?
b) Short circuit fault to a ground?
c) Surges been directed to the ground?

*please give explanation where necessary.
Thanking you.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
adexlumi: FOLLOW ENGINEERS, YOU'LL SOON GET GOOD NEWS FROM TCN... IN JESUS NAME.
Amen Amen Amen
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
He is alive: House, I need your contribution regarding the questions below:

1) What would happen If +ve terminal of a DC battery is connected to a bulb (using one wire) & another wire coming out from bulb is inserted in the ground (earth) instead of connecting it to the -ve terminal of the battery:
a) Would the bulb glow?
b) If yes, does it mean electrons in the wire flow into the earth?
c) If no, would it glow if the -ve terminal of the battery is connected to
the ground?

2) Could you account for the electrons that enter the ground as a result of:
a) connection of the neutral of electric source and drain to a ground?
b) Short circuit fault to a ground?
c) Surges been directed to the ground?

*please give explanation where necessary.
Thanking you.
The bulb would not glow until the negative terminal of the battery is also earthed. Current flows from the negative terminal of a battery to the positive terminal. The direction of conventional current flow which is from positive terminal of the battery to the negative terminal is wrong. In the case above, when d negative terminal of d battery is earthed, current i.e electrons will flow from d negative terminal to d earth and from d earth to d wire connected to d bulb which you have already earthed.Current will then flow from d bulb to d positive terminal of d battery through d other wire which you have already connected to d positive terminal of d battery

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
hmmm fedaral Character don lon ooooo
Today in the morning while listening a program brodcast by one private Radio station in my Beloved satate, i had Sect, to the Govnr of my state Said TcN has give the state a vacant of 15 Engrs. ...so it seems each state has a fresh vacant of 15 pps. .....Ogunwale if you know some politician in your state, then this is your chance!

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (86) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.