Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,786 members, 7,941,959 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please (3741 Views)

For Ndi Igbo In This Forum, Home And Abroad / Tiv, Wives Of Tiv(non Tiv Married To Tiv People), Friends of Tiv This Way Please / For Those Who Speak Italian This Way, Please No English. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by Blackcat(f): 9:57am On Mar 31, 2008
For those of us that have not travelled out yet, nairaland I believe has provided more than enough insight on how Nigerians/Blacks are treated abroad. How they live and work and how they are managing to survive.

Nigerians abroad, for those that have never been to Nigeria and for those that left for greener pastures you have seen the good, the bad and the ugly of abroad. The question is what can we do to better our own country NIGERIA.

Fellow Nigerians we have only one country we either make it or make it. We are the leaders now. The time of we are the leaders of tomorrow has past. It is finally our turn. What are we going to do about it?
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by adekennis(m): 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2008
let me sef reach there,then i will know what to do about my countr Nigeria
embarassed undecided
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by Blackcat(f): 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2008
adekennis:

let me sef reach there,then i will know what to do about my countr Nigeria
embarassed undecided

My brother believe me there is nothing abroad that has not been exposed on nairaland.
Very few survive abroad. Why would you need to go there to help Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by Blackcat(f): 9:00am On Apr 02, 2008
his_grace:

Nigerians abroad have nothing to offer Nigeria but their big di cks and their smelly pu ssy. Why do you have to look forward to them to make Nigeria better? If they mean that much, they would have stayed in the country rather than ejaculating to another man's country. Abi mo ti wi?

I believe you are a Nigerian too and from what I can see you also live abroad. Lets leave insults out and talk more sensibly here please. Why would you insult all Nigerians living abroad? Why are you living abroad too and what have you done to help your country's image while there?
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by EloSela(f): 10:00am On Apr 02, 2008
his_grace:

Nigerians abroad have nothing to offer Nigeria but their big di cks and their smelly pu ssy. Why do you have to look forward to them to make Nigeria better? If they mean that much, they would have stayed in the country rather than ejaculating to another man's country. Abi mo ti wi?

Why is it that you always turn every topic to sex? You sound like a sexual deviant, not to mention frustrated.

I highly doubt that you are abroad because someone like you would have been locked up by now.

Google, Lanre Onubowale and see what happens to Nigerians who come to UK and fail to tame their sexual desires.
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by EloSela(f): 11:39am On Apr 02, 2008
@Blackcat

Here is my perspective. grin grin grin

I suppose for the Nigerian coming to live in a new country for the first time, things will be hard, but shouldn’t have to be that way if people were to do their research before travelling.

I can’t say that I really relate because I, in a sense, have been fortunate, some may say, to have spent the majority of my life in England, where I was born. However I am familiar with Nigerian society as well as the English one which is ingrained in me. I know the English system inside out, I know what one can get away with in this society and also what is a big no-no. I always try to do my best to help newly arrived Nigerians but my help is not always welcomed and some just take the piss!

I find that most of the Nigerians who come to England hate taking instructions from people such as me because they often don’t want to be deemed as novices, when in reality that is what they are.

Many think that because Nigeria was one an English colony certain things and customs are done the same way when that is far from the truth. They often prefer to do things how they would have done them in Nigeria and so that makes life harder for them and settling down, much longer.

An example that I would use was when one of my relatives wanted to travel all the way to Heathrow just to change the date on her ticket and refused to listen when I explained that this could easily be done online or over the phone.

Another wanted to spend all day going around to different colleges looking for a place for her son and collecting prospectuses…again this could have been done online or on the phone with the prospectuses sent through the post.

One wanted to go all the way to Tescos, a supermarket that was not in our local area just to pick up one product when they could have gotten the same thing in the local Sainsburys. It was little things like that that would make one throw your hands in the air and tell them that they were on their own.

Then there is the workplace. In the English workplace staff seniority is not rubbed in your face to the point where you start bending down to greet ‘Oga’ every day in the mornings. Furthermore no one gives a f**K about who your Father is because he is not the one that they employed…lol. Nepotism may be rife in the Nigerian workplace but not here.

I know one lady that would quite literally prostrate and get her Manager teas and coffees every time when that wasn’t called for. This particular person had been born in the UK but had spent most of her life in Nigeria and so was entitled to work. 

Nigerians who don’t have the right to work most times often end up doing menial jobs even though they may be highly educated. Some in a quest to get rich quick, do 419 and end up doing a long stretch in prison before being deported.

I often wonder why such people leave Nigeria to come to England to do such jobs because most of the time when you ask them they waste no time in running off their mouths about how, “in Nigeria I can never do this type of job!” or “England is not be betta place, I wan go US” and “In Nigeria I can be a Senior Manager in a really big company” blah blah… shocked

My question, as always is, “Why are you here then?”
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by bluehorizo(m): 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2008
his_grace:

very meaningless post ^^^^^

You think so? Maybe you are the one who is senseless.
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by bluehorizo(m): 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2008
I am so sorry for you. Go and read the story of that Lanre Onabowale. It is your type that ends up as armed robbers,rapist,serial killers,ritual killers and a negative influence to the society. You better change your ways before it is too late. Abo oro la'nso f'omoluabi. Ti o ba de nu e a di odindi. I shake my head for you. Lost child. Prodigal son.
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by Busta(f): 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2008
How can you help Nigeria when Nigeria ain't ready to help herself!
It starts from the top, the president, vice, senators etc.
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by bluehorizo(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2008
his_grace:

I will employ you and your brothers and sisters.

Now i can see you are one of those online maniacs who need care at yaba left side.
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by skfa1: 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2008
@ his_grace

Please e don do abeg, this is a nice topic lets solve naija problem together.Trust me naija is a nice place , we need to work as a team to make it a better place.Lets contribute good ideas.One love.  smiley
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by bluehorizo(m): 12:33am On Apr 03, 2008
One love
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by lucabrasi(m): 4:28am On Apr 05, 2008
@elosela

Then there is the workplace. In the English workplace staff seniority is not rubbed in your face to the point where you start bending down to greet ‘Oga’ every day in the mornings. Furthermore no one gives a f**K about who your Father is because he is not the one that they employed…lol. Nepotism may be rife in the Nigerian workplace but not here.

I know one lady that would quite literally prostrate and get her Manager teas and coffees every time when that wasn’t called for. This particular person had been born in the UK but had spent most of her life in Nigeria and so was entitled to work.

Nigerians who don’t have the right to work most times often end up doing menial jobs even though they may be highly educated. Some in a quest to get rich quick, do 419 and end up doing a long stretch in prison before being deported.

I often wonder why such people leave Nigeria to come to England to do such jobs because most of the time when you ask them they waste no time in running off their mouths about how, “in Nigeria I can never do this type of job!” or “England is not be betta place, I wan go US” and “In Nigeria I can be a Senior Manager in a really big company” blah blah…

My question, as always is, “Why are you here then?”

well seems you have the mind set of so many second generation of africans in the united kingdom,these people you r on about didnt make nigeria the way it is and if they cant get a job and things are hard for them,why wouldnt they take the only option left for them,so because they wont be treated right in uk,they should go get a job as a mai guard in nigeria or be a driver ro other menial job, why r you being that protective of england?because your last paragraph sounds like you have a personal issue with people complaining about the condition in england and what not, why wont they lament when they r saying the truth, go and see chiwetel ejiofor's film about an african's life in the uk and you ll understand soo many things,with attitudes such as urs against immigrants both legal and illegal from a fellow nigerian no wonder we are not united abroad and it takes a white man to help a brother or a sister out ,they have a right to go anywhere because they are here to make some money and go back to their country so if they feel like us is the next place so what??
and your last line they are here for the pounds nothing else,u might think you have an afinity for england because of your british passport but these guys are working hard and will live your england for you and ur white brothers and sisters.
btw im not taking it personal and im not an immigrant,im an international student who hates uk with a passion and only came here instead of us cause my dad s payn and he made the decision and come the end of my uni im outta here
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by EloSela(f): 9:40am On Apr 05, 2008
@lucabrasi grin

You are correct! I have a natural affinity for England, that plus the fact that I think it very rude, not to mention uncouth for someone to bytch and whinge about a country that is hosting them. . . especially in the presence of their hosts and then then have some of kind of warped idea that they can do so without causing offence!

I have come to the conclusion that some Nigerians will most times bytch and moan about everything whether they be in Nigeria, the UK , the US or even Heaven!

It is like an innate mechanism that they can't seem to control and it is a very unflattering quality to have.

I have hosted several family members from Nigeria and that is what they liked to do most even though people were obviously going out of their way to make them feel welcome.

Took them on the London eye. . . they bytch: "In Nigeria we have better buildings than this. . . " What is there to see there, people are just wasting money". . . ok

Take them to Bluewater . . . "I hate that place!" . . .ok

A visit to Wagamama,(Japanese restuarant). . ."I hate Chinese!" Right in front of the waiter serving us! lol. . . (To them Japanese, Chinese and Thai etc were all the same food!)

The list goes on. . .

Then they will come out and say things like "This London is not too great!" Fair enough, if you don't like it, I love it! Please feel free to leave.

But if you ask them when they are going back "I will soon go!" That is when they start dragging feet and stalling. Then you have to ask if the place is not too great then why don't you find your way back to Lagos so you can bytch from there in peace?

It was getting to a point where I couldn't handle any more abuse from them about the city I was born and grew up in.

How would you like it if I went to your town or city in Nigeria and constantly bytched about everything I could possibly find to bytch about?

The thing is with some Nigerians is that they just do not get it. Not only is it extremely rude to behave in that manner but why burn bridges because you are unhappy with 10% when you know good and well that what you are getting is 100 times better than what you get in your own land?

I have been to Lagos and other parts of Nigeria countless of times and so I know exactly what the score is. From when the Government in charge of the country has to rely on generators for power in 2008 then what chance does the rest of the nation have?

A stiff upper lip, is a common trait of the white Brit and so they will still probably help you out after taking that kind of abuse but don't expect that kind of courtesy from a Black British person. . . especially from one that is of Nigerian descent because they can usually smell BS before they see it. cool

If you really do hate England with a passion and are unhappy being here then all you have to do is man up and tell your father that you wish to study elsewhere. It is quite lame and weak to constantly moan about the place and at the same time claim are in this situation because of somebody else's choice. sad

Your theory about them being here for pounds is also quite weak because they could always go to Kuwait, Cyprus or Malta which all have currencies valued higher than the sterling. The last time I checked there was loads of work in Kuwait too, plus it is closer to the Nigeria than the UK and so the next time you hear anyone 'whineing' tell them to try there.

That being said, I have had the pleasure of hosting some really wonderful people from Nigeria as well as associating with ones that have come to settle here and I would not hesitate to do so again. Sadly, in my experience, such people are few and far between.
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by lucabrasi(m): 11:50am On Apr 05, 2008
lets get some few basic facts straight here,first i dont give two about this country and england is not hosting me, i dont want to come across as being boastful but im sure you have an idea what a foreign student pays in a university so if anyone is making gains the british ppl and government are selling and im a paid up client thats why u see even though they dont like us ,they cant help but lick our asses,and as per some people bitching about anywhere trust me united states and their attitude to foreigners is miles better than england
when nigerians say bluewater or other places are not as nice as places in nigeria,they are very right,i dont know the places you v visited in nigeria but there are places that are miles better than them places, mayb you v not been to golden gate and the rest of the eatries which are miles better than the chinese restaurant in london,and i dont see anything wrong in nigerians complaining about foreign food if they dont like it,how many chinese or japanese dyu see in 805 or mama calabar or other nigerian restaurant,or how many english men dyu see there apart from the junkies and homeless white people that come in there to beg for money because white people like them will not give them a second look not to talk of giving them money.
you r on about cyprus,kuwait and what not,dyu know how many nigerians are in these places?mayb you v not been there before, let me tell you how dynamic my people are,there s a redeemed christian church in alaska and a population of nigerians, english people go abroad,africa including nigeria and more and more of them are coming to nigeria for greener pastures,where dyu think the home office figures came about that more and more english people(not british)are migrating abroad?
now let me give u a few economics,go and find out how much of nigerias stolen money is lodged in british banks,and how much of our foreign reserves is keeping your precious country running and go find out how your agricultural rebate was designed to squeeze out africa from a level playing groundand you want me to man up and tell my dad?well i have several times but he has some priorities about him studying here and wanted me to,and as for me leaving trust me at least for each international student that leaves one or two british student will suffer for it and i suggest you visit a bank in september and see how they kiss our asses once they discover we r international student and i promise u i will be given more respect in your banks than you will with your british passport,stiff upper lip where??
i have been opportuned to be in the united states and i can say the white people there are miles better at everything than in uk,and the black people there,afro-americans have a better attitude than in the uk, this is the first place i have seen where jamaicans think they are better than africans and racially abuse them,where a second generation african think they are better than a newly arrived african and talk down on them because of a wine coloured passport and brit accent, y'all should shape up and sort yourselves out and while you r doing that maybe you ll tell the english briefcase contractors in nigeria to leave our country as well because are raping our economy as well and this country should stop accepting foreign students and lets see how good the economy will bethank GOD bit by bit we r releasing ourselves from their shakles and efcc is working,wait till we have good leaders who dont siphon money into countries like this and we ll see how strong the economy realli is
personally my crib in lagos ikeja is better than all the houses in my street here,bigger and in every way possible so maybe you v been to the worng places in nigeria, btw only a few places are not dirty in england some are dirtier than oshodi
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by EloSela(f): 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2008
lucabrasi:

lets get some few basic facts straight here,first i don't give two about this country and england is not hosting me, i don't want to come across as being boastful but im sure you have an idea what a foreign student pays in a university so if anyone is making gains the british people and government are selling and im a paid up client thats why u see even though they don't like us ,they can't help but lick our asses,and as per some people bitching about anywhere trust me united states and their attitude to foreigners is miles better than england
when nigerians say bluewater or other places are not as nice as places in nigeria,they are very right,i don't know the places you v visited in nigeria but there are places that are miles better than them places, mayb you v not been to golden gate and the rest of the eatries which are miles better than the chinese restaurant in london,and i don't see anything wrong in nigerians complaining about foreign food if they don't like it,how many chinese or japanese dyu see in 805 or mama calabar or other nigerian restaurant,or how many english men dyu see there apart from the junkies and homeless white people that come in there to beg for money because white people like them will not give them a second look not to talk of giving them money.
you r on about cyprus,kuwait and what not,dyu know how many nigerians are in these places?mayb you v not been there before, let me tell you how dynamic my people are,there s a redeemed christian church in alaska and a population of nigerians, english people go abroad,africa including nigeria and more and more of them are coming to nigeria for greener pastures,where dyu think the home office figures came about that more and more english people(not british)are migrating abroad?
now let me give u a few economics,go and find out how much of nigerias stolen money is lodged in british banks,and how much of our foreign reserves is keeping your precious country running and go find out how your agricultural rebate was designed to squeeze out africa from a level playing groundand you want me to man up and tell my dad?well i have several times but he has some priorities about him studying here and wanted me to,and as for me leaving trust me at least for each international student that leaves one or two british student will suffer for it and i suggest you visit a bank in september and see how they kiss our asses once they discover we r international student and i promise u i will be given more respect in your banks than you will with your british passport,stiff upper lip where??
i have been opportuned to be in the united states and i can say the white people there are miles better at everything than in uk,and the black people there,afro-americans have a better attitude than in the uk, this is the first place i have seen where jamaicans think they are better than africans and racially abuse them,where a second generation african think they are better than a newly arrived african and talk down on them because of a wine coloured passport and brit accent, y'all should shape up and sort yourselves out and while you r doing that maybe you ll tell the english briefcase contractors in nigeria to leave our country as well because are raping our economy as well and this country should stop accepting foreign students and lets see how good the economy will bethank GOD bit by bit we r releasing ourselves from their shakles and efcc is working,wait till we have good leaders who don't siphon money into countries like this and we ll see how strong the economy realli is
personally my crib in lagos ikeja is better than all the houses in my street here,bigger and in every way possible so maybe you v been to the worng places in nigeria, between only a few places are not dirty in england some are dirtier than oshodi

@lucabrasi

You sound like a very angry person.

You totally missed the point of my post too. Neither you or I can say that one place is better than the other and expect that view to be taken as the gospel because such views are subjective. We can only state our views on the matter and leave it at that. I have been all over the states and I love it but I am not about to throw the baby out with the bathwater debating which country is better. One shouldn't have to do that. Just simply move over there or shut the hell up!

If you really do not see nothing wrong with people been rude and demeaning in the presence of their hosts then what more can I say? You also keep going on about Britain not hosting you then fine, again why are you here? Stop bytching and be a man, take control of the situation and go elsewhere. Nobody is begging you to be in the country, after all I am sure you were not forcibly dragged to the embassy to apply for a visa. You are sure as hell not the only person who can afford to be an international student. Britain attracts students from all over the world and not just Nigerians.

Also if you think it is ok to slate of the menu in front of the waiter in a restaurant that someone has been kind enough to take you to, then that of course speaks volumes about your character. And if this is typical of Nigerians then there it is no wonder the country current pitiful state it is in now. This is not about Japanese or Chinese people going to Nigerian restaurants so grow up!

The American attitude towards immigrants is more or even worse than Britain and so for you to deem it 'better' then you are seriously uninformed. The fact that immigration is a major factor in the upcoming election is evidence of that alone.

Admittedly, I have not been all around Nigeria but I have been to and lived in some key places so you need to sell that BS to someone else who will buy it. The last time I checked there was not a Shopping Mall on the same scale as the one in Bluewater in Nigeria neither were there any engineering landmarks like the London eye. Furthermore the Lagos skyline can not be compared to London's. You need to stop fooling yourself right there. For someone to come from Ketu, as the people I hosted did, and not appreciate or have the common decency to appear grateful for what I, their host was doing for them then basically I have no time and will have no time in future.

Speaking for myself, I don't look down on anyone but I won't take abuse or stand listening to BS when it stinks like hell either. cool

I also don't get your point about stolen money in British Banks. Why bring that up when we both know good and well that the money was stolen and banked there by Nigerians! You no de shame sef? You are like a child crying that their father stole money and stored it in another country and still wanting people to show respect to thieving father.
That was a really useless point to bring up.

Go back to Nigeria and complain to your people in government about that instead of coming on here to rant. If your brother stole money from you and gave it to his friend, who would you hold responsible for the theft? Methinks you need to read up a bit more about Nigerian economics yourself before you start offering lessons. Nonsense! grin

See you comparing white people. . .LOL Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Yes, one group will stab you in the back while the other will kick you right there in the face and not feel two ways about it. You should be asking who is worst and not trying to gain cookie points by foolishly debating who is better.

Go and ask the African Americans if they want any more Nigerians in their country. Oprah has already slated Nigeria plus some prominent African Americans have already gone on record about their dislike of Africans. Any African American board equivalent to this one you will surely have a 1000+plus thread dedicated to the abuse of Nigerians alone and here you are bigging them up like they get an ish about you. Better stick to bigging up Nigeria instead? wink

Please do the honours and post pictures of places in the UK that are dirtier than Oshodi otherwise zip it because your hyperbole is fooling no one. I would say that Nigeria is less than 20% developed so there is really no comparison Have you been in all the houses in your street? What exactly do you have in your 'crib' in Lagos that you don't think even the common man on benefit can not afford to have in the UK?

The Nigerians in the UK using Mama Charlie as the reason to remain in the country should go and join their fellow Nigerians in Kuwait or Cyprus instead of staying here and bytching their way into oblivion. Whether I have been to those countries or not is irrelevant. The UK economy will surely not suffer because of lack of Nigerians, there are now an ample amount of Poles and other Europeans to do the dirty work. On the other hand if all the foreigners were to leave Nigeria then the country will only get steadily worst because of incompetency of people at the top.

Oh yes about your bank visits. You are probably used to [b]Nigerian customer service [/b]because usually over here in the UK, people more or less get treated with courtesy and politeness whether they have 1p or 1million in the bank. It is not called 'licking a$$' it is common decency and respect regardless of who you are.
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by lucabrasi(m): 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2008
im not angry,all i was doing is standing up for my country and for my people, for your information i do it anywhere i find myself either in a shop(which i have done several times)
i can say america is better than the united kingdom not by the buildings or the gdp but by their attitude, everybody that has been to america knows all the stuffs that are issues here are not in the united states and like i said earlier im not moving over there because i dont pay for my tution and my tution keeps people like you in school so gimme a lil bit more respect cause i paid for your degree,dont tell me to shut up who tf dyu think you are
with all respects to whoever you have been hosting i never said being rude was ok,but i reacted to the issues you talked about which i outlined and told u why they were justified in saying that,my thinking was prolly because you have not spent a lot of time in nigeria ro being to only a few places first of you are not english you are british so leave all the sense of belonging bull crap,second i didnt step my foot at the embassy and even if i did almost 9000pounds a year without recourse to public funds gives me the right to voice my opinions which even if i said all these same thing to an mp in my borough,i wont be told this trash but be talked to with respect,thats the diffrence between an english man/woman and a wanabe english girl/woman acting like lapdogd to whites who dont give two about them, go check the number of councillors the bnp had last 2 years and this year and you think you r a part of the united kingdom.
i wont pick u an issue with people i dont know,but from what you said on here,being a nigerian, i know most nigerians that come to uk on holidays especially the older ones hate any sort of foreign food, i started eating a lot of stuffs after almost a year in the uk so thats not rude unless the called the chine slanty eye or some rude or derogatory remark, saying i dont like chinese food is in no way rude i might prefer amala or eba and u might prefer chinese
who told you immigration in america is better,all aspects of immigration in america is better than the uk, an illegal immigrant can still get married to an american citizen without worries,its not same here,they dont deport mothers that have given birth in america and their children like they do here,for people that give birth here the child has to be 0 yrs old to get a passport,in america its instant not to talk of the bill george bush was trying to push thru about giving the large number of illegal immigrants a stay and work permit if they can pay their backlog of taxes and the only reason it is being opposed is just because of politics and will be approved if not now in the future
no wonder you keep on spewing bull crap on here,if u v not lived in or seen places as nice as bluewater then you should ask to be shown not using your mouth to say some crap about what you dont know, go to silverbird galleria and even the cinema is better and more standard than your average odeon,go to the clubs like bachus,go to macdonald road in ikoyi or belgore road in ikoyi go to lekki and then tell me if uk looks as nice
shame for what reason when my family are not part of the looters??i made that point as an aside to tell you this country and even america are running at a deficit and its monies like that thats keeping your precious economy afloat, you dont believe??go check the facts, goggle will help
if my brother stole and gave it to my friend, me thinks they are both criminals and thats what the law says both in nigeria,uk,usa and as for complaining about whats happening,a lot of people are and im proud to say so are my parents, which is the example they v shown me making me stand up for any nigerian anywhere i find myself, i wasnt ranting just telling you some home truths as you might not get anyone who ll tell you.
yes i have to compare white people because the truth cannot be dressed,why are you bothered you r not white and u cant ever be ,thats why they in their wisdom and because they wanted the distinction between british citizens called themselves ENGLISH MEN/WOMEN and also in the formsyou have to fill in for work or anything ,you have to indicate if you are AFRICAN BRITISH,WHITE BRITISH, i bet that gets you really mad dont it??dont even gimme the census and all that!
sit down in your corner of london and be feeling pleased with yourself that you and african americans are in some agreement about nigerians, go and check out how many of them are flocking to nigeria, abbot the former or whever mp spent some time in abuja and goes in unofficial capacity,carl masters,jimmy carter,former australian pm,present france pm and i mean unofficial capacity
who gives two about ophrah,so wat if ophrah's saying stuffs about nigeria.did you see me talking about ophrah ?what dyu think im doing ,of course im bigging up nigeria and as for afro americans not wanting nigerians its really simple
its resentment, for instance in new york nigerians are the highest holders of prefessorship and phd and doctorate holders you can check the facts on google, they resent the fact that we come from nigeria with nothing ,read and become phd holders and get rich in spite of the fact that we r black people like them while they are drug dealers,pimps and thats just it so say something sensible pls
like i said you are not familiar with nigeria,if not a plot of land in ketu is an equivalent of like btw 20,000-30,000 pounds, thats a down payment for a semi detached in the suburbs so get your facts right
places dirtier than oshodi, i wont mention streets ill mention areas, slough is a shitty place dirty too with junkies n tha,moss side in manchester though regeneration is going on there after eons of years,burnley not onli stinky but mostly populated by junkies hanging around everywhere and there were areas that were shitty,dirty n smelly
well the poles are being given the same treatment nigerians are used to so it all remains to be seen how long they ll be here for,bearing in mind they dont have the resilience for insults and doggedness nigerians have in the face of advercity and any pole will tell u that the only reason they are here is only for the money as even poland is cleaner than a lot of places in the uk in spite of their economy, there you go again saying the uk economy will not suffer with the absence of foreigners,thank GOD the real owners of england(i,e the english)and their leaders know thier existence is down to raping the world and their divide and rule politics,maybe they can do without zimbabwe,somalia,sudan and a lot of other insignificant african countries,but go find out they will never mess about with nigeria, thats why an hausa man that cnnot speak correct english can have audience with the queen while you with your british passport cant honestly dream of that , another startling fact you dont know, find out who is called alhaji alhaji, he is a traditional prime minister of some sort in the north now and nothing is being heard about him but he grew up and lived in one of the queens palaces, not sure if its balmoral or buckingham or whaever, im sure u r almost having a fir right now but go find out, dont forget the name alhaji alhaji
im sure you v not been to nigeria in a long time because in spite of how hard things are,we are moving foward if slowly but at least doing the right things, trust me the english are quaking in their boots
i dont want to go into the bank thing ,all you need to do is ask a banker you know and they ll tell you from a business perspective,international students are given more credit than home students
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by EloSela(f): 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2008
lucabrasi:

im not angry,all i was doing is standing up for my country and for my people, for your information i do it anywhere i find myself either in a shop(which i have done several times)
i can say america is better than the united kingdom not by the buildings or the gdp but by their attitude, everybody that has been to america knows all the stuffs that are issues here are not in the united states and like i said earlier im not moving over there because i don't pay for my tution and my tution keeps people like you in school so gimme a little bit more respect cause i paid for your degree,don't tell me to shut up who tf dyu think you are
with all respects to whoever you have been hosting i never said being rude was ok,but i reacted to the issues you talked about which i outlined and told u why they were justified in saying that,my thinking was prolly because you have not spent a lot of time in nigeria ro being to only a few places first of you are not english you are british so leave all the sense of belonging bull crap,second i didnt step my foot at the embassy and even if i did almost 9000pounds a year without recourse to public funds gives me the right to voice my opinions which even if i said all these same thing to an mp in my borough,i wont be told this trash but be talked to with respect,thats the diffrence between an english man/woman and a wanabe english girl/woman acting like lapdogd to whites who don't give two about them, go check the number of councillors the bnp had last 2 years and this year and you think you r a part of the united kingdom.
i wont pick u an issue with people i don't know,but from what you said on here,being a nigerian, i know most nigerians that come to uk on holidays especially the older ones hate any sort of foreign food, i started eating a lot of stuffs after almost a year in the uk so thats not rude unless the called the chine slanty eye or some rude or derogatory remark, saying i don't like chinese food is in no way rude i might prefer amala or eba and u might prefer chinese
who told you immigration in america is better,all aspects of immigration in america is better than the uk, an illegal immigrant can still get married to an american citizen without worries,its not same here,they don't deport mothers that have given birth in america and their children like they do here,for people that give birth here the child has to be 0 years old to get a passport,in america its instant not to talk of the bill george bush was trying to push through about giving the large number of illegal immigrants a stay and work permit if they can pay their backlog of taxes and the only reason it is being opposed is just because of politics and will be approved if not now in the future
no wonder you keep on spewing bull crap on here,if u v not lived in or seen places as nice as bluewater then you should ask to be shown not using your mouth to say some crap about what you don't know, go to silverbird galleria and even the cinema is better and more standard than your average odeon,go to the clubs like bachus,go to macdonald road in ikoyi or belgore road in ikoyi go to lekki and then tell me if uk looks as nice
shame for what reason when my family are not part of the looters??i made that point as an aside to tell you this country and even america are running at a deficit and its monies like that thats keeping your precious economy afloat, you don't believe??go check the facts, goggle will help
if my brother stole and gave it to my friend, me thinks they are both criminals and thats what the law says both in nigeria,uk,usa and as for complaining about whats happening,a lot of people are and im proud to say so are my parents, which is the example they v shown me making me stand up for any nigerian anywhere i find myself, i wasnt ranting just telling you some home truths as you might not get anyone who ll tell you.
yes i have to compare white people because the truth cannot be dressed,why are you bothered you r not white and u can't ever be ,thats why they in their wisdom and because they wanted the distinction between british citizens called themselves ENGLISH MEN/WOMEN and also in the formsyou have to fill in for work or anything ,you have to indicate if you are AFRICAN BRITISH,WHITE BRITISH, i bet that gets you really mad don't it??don't even gimme the census and all that!
sit down in your corner of london and be feeling pleased with yourself that you and african americans are in some agreement about nigerians, go and check out how many of them are flocking to nigeria, abbot the former or whever mp spent some time in abuja and goes in unofficial capacity,carl masters,jimmy carter,former australian pm,present france pm and i mean unofficial capacity
who gives two about ophrah,so what if ophrah's saying stuffs about nigeria.did you see me talking about ophrah ?what dyu think im doing ,of course im bigging up nigeria and as for afro americans not wanting nigerians its really simple
its resentment, for instance in new york nigerians are the highest holders of prefessorship and phd and doctorate holders you can check the facts on google, they resent the fact that we come from nigeria with nothing ,read and become phd holders and get rich in spite of the fact that we r black people like them while they are drug dealers,pimps and thats just it so say something sensible please
like i said you are not familiar with nigeria,if not a plot of land in ketu is an equivalent of like between 20,000-30,000 pounds, thats a down payment for a semi detached in the suburbs so get your facts right
places dirtier than oshodi, i wont mention streets ill mention areas, slough is a shitty place dirty too with junkies n tha,moss side in manchester though regeneration is going on there after eons of years,burnley not onli stinky but mostly populated by junkies hanging around everywhere and there were areas that were shitty,dirty n smelly
well the poles are being given the same treatment nigerians are used to so it all remains to be seen how long they ll be here for,bearing in mind they don't have the resilience for insults and doggedness nigerians have in the face of advercity and any pole will tell u that the only reason they are here is only for the money as even poland is cleaner than a lot of places in the uk in spite of their economy, there you go again saying the uk economy will not suffer with the absence of foreigners,thank GOD the real owners of england(i,e the english)and their leaders know their existence is down to raping the world and their divide and rule politics,maybe they can do without zimbabwe,somalia,sudan and a lot of other insignificant african countries,but go find out they will never mess about with nigeria, thats why an hausa man that cnnot speak correct english can have audience with the queen while you with your british passport can't honestly dream of that , another startling fact you don't know, find out who is called alhaji alhaji, he is a traditional prime minister of some sort in the north now and nothing is being heard about him but he grew up and lived in one of the queens palaces, not sure if its balmoral or buckingham or whaever, im sure you're almost having a fir right now but go find out, don't forget the name alhaji alhaji
im sure you v not been to nigeria in a long time because in spite of how hard things are,we are moving foward if slowly but at least doing the right things, trust me the english are quaking in their boots
i don't want to go into the bank thing ,all you need to do is ask a banker you know and they ll tell you from a business perspective,international students are given more credit than home students

The above is just mindless dribble which I really won't waste time trying to understand or comprehend. Word of advise, please use paragraphs to help increase the readability factor of whatever you write.

That being said I can only be bothered to respond to the few points I managed to pick out.

I left school long ago Deary and so I am sure your paltry 9000gbp a year probably went towards someone's well earned salary and not to educate people like me. I would also like to add that there are people who pay more than that amount a term and yet they aren't yapping all over the web about it.

Do you think the UK is like Nigeria where the majority of people don't pay taxes? lol The sheer nerve of you to even think that the likes of you are funding Britain and its citizens is laughable at best!

Oh yes and I am English as well as British . .It is not debatable because the last time I checked English was not a race but a reference to someone born in England, just like Irish, Scottish and Welsh. Who cares what the white man says anyways I am not so insecure, that I will wait for others to define me first before I decide who I am. For the record I can also be Nigerian whenever I want to be too. . . grin That is one of the benefits of being born to Nigerian parents. While it is commendable that you are patriotic don't expect all other Nigerians to feel the same way about the country.

You also mentioned the BNP in your reply. Why? What is your point ? The KKK in America make the BNP in Britain look like the Multicultural and racial tolerance society of Great Britain! LOL! Go to Stormfront.org, a white American site set up by the KKK if you need any more proof. By the way don't get upset when you see black people being referred to as monkeys and apes on there. grin

Anyway you sound like a mere child having a tantrum, forced to study in England by your father against your will and so I will leave you to deal with those issues for now.

Oh and Silverbird Galleria does not compare to Bluewater or even Elephant which they are getting ready to knock down for that matter. Please put down the pipe!

ta ta!
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by Cadet(f): 8:03pm On Apr 05, 2008
@Topic
is it a crime to leave Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by lucabrasi(m): 3:27am On Apr 06, 2008
EloSela:

The above is just mindless dribble which I really won't waste time trying to understand or comprehend. Word of advise, please use paragraphs to help increase the readability factor of whatever you write.

That being said I can only be bothered to respond to the few points I managed to pick out.

I left school long ago Deary and so I am sure your paltry 9000gbp a year probably went towards someone's well earned salary and not to educate people like me. I would also like to add that there are people who pay more than that amount a term and yet they aren't yapping all over the web about it.

Do you think the UK is like Nigeria where the majority of people don't pay taxes? lol The sheer nerve of you to even think that the likes of you are funding Britain and its citizens is laughable at best!

Oh yes and I am English as well as British . .It is not debatable because the last time I checked English was not a race but a reference to someone born in England, just like Irish, Scottish and Welsh. Who cares what the white man says anyways I am not so insecure, that I will wait for others to define me first before I decide who I am. For the record I can also be Nigerian whenever I want to be too. . . grin That is one of the benefits of being born to Nigerian parents. While it is commendable that you are patriotic don't expect all other Nigerians to feel the same way about the country.

You also mentioned the BNP in your reply. Why? What is your point ? The KKK in America make the BNP in Britain look like the Multicultural and racial tolerance society of Great Britain! LOL! Go to Stormfront.org, a white American site set up by the KKK if you need any more proof. By the way don't get upset when you see black people being referred to as monkeys and apes on there. grin

Anyway you sound like a mere child having a tantrum, forced to study in England by your father against your will and so I will leave you to deal with those issues for now.

Oh and Silverbird Galleria does not compare to Bluewater or even Elephant which they are getting ready to knock down for that matter. Please put down the pipe!

ta ta!

thanks for correcting me about the paragraph and structure,i actually didnt give it a thought seeing as im just messing about on here,but saying is dribble means you need to put on your specs as you might not be seeing that clearly.

my evidence for knowing that you have some eye defects is that i never directed that statement at you that my tution fees sent you to school as im literate,as far as this post is concerned and as far as your earlier posts,you represent a british citizen to me irrespective of whenever or whereever you finish which frankly i dont give two potatoes about, also if you check what i wrote i said i have a right to complain due to the fact that i pay so and so tution fees and added that without recourse to public funds to show you that i am not frustrated by the situation in this country because im insulated from all that because i dont indulge in the usual stuffs that can cause that , its just clarifying my position so you dont get it twisted as you keep on spewing garbage from your mouth about the bnp mantra of "go back to your country"

so when it comes to yapping over the web,by virture of my upbringing its not something i do unless the point i make is relevant to the topic which is why i dedicate a whole paragraph to explain myself.

you also said its not like nigeria,i see how delusional you are now firstly about nigeria and this country because in nigeria of the present time,people pay taxes,even in lagos where theres a lot of confusion and when you r talking about england maybe you should educate yourself and find out what the extra funds the educational dept gets off international students are used for, go and find out how either the uk,usa and all other countries solicit for international students and literarily plead with them to come to their country,you are still being very ignorant and naive if you dont know that its big business and each of these government makes a whole lot of revenue from international students.

i will tell you again and having left university a lot time ago,i m at a loss why you still dont know this because it is public knowledge that there is a distinction no matter how much you kid yourself,can you see now that i have achieved my purpose, i mentioned it because i know that will get you spitting your bib out in anger as it has got so many people in your position to be,THE WHITE PEOPLE, IN YORUBA WE CALL THEM OYINBO,IBO PEOPLE CALL THEM BEKE IN ENGLAND SAY THEY ARE ENGLISH AND YOU BLACK PEOPLE ARE JUST BLACK BRITISH CITIZENS NO MORE NO LESSS, im suprised you are not used to this by now,you know without being told that you are a second class citizen by virture of your colour either you like it or not and that is not personal its just the way things are here but at least less pronounced in the united states.

i applaud your statement about not being insecure and i agree intotal apart from the english one,

yes its true theres the kkk and what not but dont forget that,because of attitudes of black people like you of siding with white people rather than your own fellow nigerians or south africans or whereever,the black consciousness has gone to sleep, and by the way these are not my word,jesse jackson said it tho not in these same words that the black people in england have fallen asleep,the common denominator amongst all black people in the united states is that they ll stick to each other ,thats why black people of all persuations and irrespective of their background and country arrive in america to search for "the american dream"

switch your tv on and watch your tv and tell me programmes on british tv is representative of the cultural mix.your eastenders showing the black man being a sweeper and all other racial stereotypes,go to the parliament and tell me its representative of the cultural mix,go to the citye.t.c if people like you who have been born here and should be standing for your fellow nigerians come on a nigerian social network woned by a nigerian and say all sorts of garbage and expect any support then no wonder the united kingdom is the way it is,i think i will apologise for even calling white people names because its not even their fault if we are not united and we prefer to thrown the crumbs and will not stand up for what is right.

maybe you should look at the indians and the pakistanis who are british citizens as well but never compromise on their culture,their people or anything that has to do with them, theres a yoruba proverb that loosely translates that if you sell your people for pennies or cheap, you ll end up geting another family realli expensive outside.

well and i think madam,you should be ashamed of yourself as well that you are on here saying these sorts of rubbish instead of knowing better,as for me studying here thanks a lot for your concern but i have learnt to deal with it especially because im on the final lap so i have no issues on that front,the onli issue i need to deal with it missing my suya in lagos and amala in the local buka.

well let them knock it down first and then see what they ll build seeing as you are not on the borough concill or wharevva,as for the silverbird galleria, its one of magnificient buildings in nigeria while bluewater is the best if not the top three in the whole of the uk
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by EloSela(f): 10:30am On Apr 06, 2008

well let them knock it down first and then see what they ll build seeing as you are not on the borough concill or wharevva,as for the silverbird galleria, its one of magnificient buildings in nigeria while bluewater is the best if not the top three in the whole of the uk

Correction. The Bluewater Shopping Mall is the 3rd largest shopping Mall in Europe and the 2nd largest in the UK after Gateshead. While it is indeed a magnificent building with over 330 top brand high street and designer stores, 40 Cafes and restaurants and a 13 screen cinema, it is still way down on the list in terms of top building structures in the UK below all of the historical buildings which includes 12,000 medieval churches such as St Paul's Cathedral and The Houses of Parliament etc. Bluewater also has 13,000 free parking spaces.

The Galleria is magnificent by Nigerian standards but it does not compare in my book. I took a load of kids there for a day out and to be honest, there wasn't much to do after wondering around a couple of times waiting for the movie to start in the 6- screen cinema which wasn't as great as you make out. When I was there in 2006, there was one fast food chicken place, a few clothes and electronic stores where everything looked second hand. A bar was still being constructed at the top floor and one large music store that didn't sell bootleg stuff, which was a welcome surprise because it is hard to get most genuine products in Nigeria without paying an arm and a leg for it. There was also a couple of cafes where the cakes were stale and a sort of internet cafe with about three laptops.

Now you be honest with yourself and tell me if that compares? I know you are still smoking that stuff. . . grin

I understand that there is another shopping Mall in Lekki called Palms Springs with about 69 stores and with only one or two name brands, but then again that also falls short when compared to even the rest of Africa never mind Europe although I do plan to go there when I visit next.

What I also didn't like was the fact these places were only opened to a certain class of people. With 70% of people below the poverty line in Nigeria and a 60% poverty in Lagos it felt so superficial to be in there. I felt that was a big shame and I will applaud any person in Nigeria who actually has a world-class business idea that will cater to those who may not rich enough to pay N750 for a bit of chicken!

Elephant and Castle's Shopping centre is scheduled for demolition in 2009 together with those ugly council flats which surround it. The whole area will be developed in time for the 2012 Olympics. The plans look promising.

There are also loads of development going on in Lagos. It seems that Fashola is doing a great job trying to catch up. But knowing what I know about Nigeria, I am aware that there are more people at the top who don't want progress due to their own selfish desires, who may be prepared to sabotage anything that will bring Nigeria into the 21st century and so I won't hold my breath.

The pictures I have seen of the new roads and buildings look very promising too. I just hope that Fashola is able to finish what he started before he has to leave office if at all because he has achieved a lot in a short space of time. Now we need more like or better than him because the Governors of other states are only looking out for themselves.

Back to some of the other stuff

Just because you feel you are treated like a second class citizen what makes you think all black people in the UK are. What is your understanding of a second class citizen anyway?

I think your main beef is is that you are used to been treated a certain way in Nigeria because of your Father's money and now that you are in the UK you are realizing that nobody really gives two hoots about things like that. You will be treated the same way as the man on benefit, whether you go into a bank, McDonald's or into Harrods (as long as you are dressed right) grin

That is the UK through and through. As someone said in another thread, the UK is a leveler, Even Tony Blair and Ken Livingstone, Major of London get on the tube and it is not because they cannot afford to buy the most expensive car in the world or pay the congestion charge. Even George Bush and his entourage had to pay the congestion charge when he came to visit the Queen.

you also said its not like nigeria,i see how delusional you are now firstly about nigeria and this country because in nigeria of the present time,people pay taxes,even in lagos where theres a lot of confusion and when you r talking about england maybe you should educate yourself and find out

The majority of Nigerians do not pay taxes. Stop deluding yourself. LOL! grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-2043.0.html

Read and learn.

I don't blame them anyway because if I lived in Nigeria I wouldn't hand over my hard earned cash when the only beneficiaries would be the tax collectors while there are no decent free schools for my children to attend etc.

In Eastenders, you either work in the Vic, The Cafe, the market or for the council, LOL! It is fiction anyway so don't take it too seriously. I would imagine that the reason for the short scope of jobs is because they want to keep all the characters in the Square. But anyway, don't read too much into it because if that show reflected reality the whole cast would be at least 75% Asians! grin

I am not about to argue with you about my English status so you can pull your hair out over that as much as you want. grin Don't worry too much sha, I know what I am, where I was born and I classify myself accordingly, regardless of anyone's views.

I would disagree about Black people sticking together in America. America is no stranger to the 'Uncle Tom' mentality. Read up on 'Uncle Tom' for clarification. Some blacks are even starting to refer to Obama as an 'Uncle Tom' and trying to sabotage his run for President. Even Jesse Jackson is obviously jealous of Obama. Notable 'Uncle Toms' in my book are: Stanley Crouch (hates Africans) and Whoopi Goldberg (also hates Africans)

Here are some African American views on Africans.
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/sabella-o-abidde/why-does-the-black-community-hate-niger-6.html

A Nigerians trying to secure a professional job or contract -- if such office is headed by an African-American -- will find it to be an uphill task. If no one else is listening to the interview, you may be queried, grilled, toyed with and asked unethical questions just to make you loose your composure. Generally speaking, a Nigerian stands a better chance for employment consideration or a level playing field if the man or woman at the top is a non-Black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD4j1s9rJpY

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/nigeria/T50G3MDDQ1C0L43JK
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by lucabrasi(m): 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2008
fair enough i know bluewater shopping complex has all of that,and in fact the bull ring in birmingham and the trafford centre in manchester are both miles better than bluewater,but having said that i think you r restricting your nigerian journeys to lagos state,go to abuja and i m saying it again that the whole of the united kingdom cannot match the architectural mater pieces there,both the government buildings and the private homes.

go find out from your mp dianne abbott when she came to abuja,she has been sneaking in unofficially since.

i dont know what you r smoking but im sure you should broaden your horizons and not sit down in united kigdom thinking they own the best of everything,go check out the condominiums in nigeria and compare it to the blocks of flat in uk.

yes fashola is doing a lot,and he is just halfway into his first term so he ll finish all these reforms because its almost sure that he will get elected again because of the party machinery and his reforms.

first lets get one thing straight,i only say these things on here because of what i see happening generally not because of my personal experience,lets not bring my father into this please because for all you know i might be on schorlaship or something and he is not the one posting on nairaland,if you check through my post you will realise no matter what i ll never refer to your family or anything personal because i do not know them and im not replying to a post of theirs,also in nigeria like i said earlier by virure of my upbringing everyone of my family are not proud or arrogant people and from my parents example passed down to us,we are down to earth so getting to the uk and being treated diffrently is something i personally got used to pretty quickly,

moreover,i dont look for or work in the uk neither do i apply for any sort of benefits so how will i be treated like a second class?the onli places i go to are places where you spend your money and customers are treated the same like supermarket,cinema,shopping centres e.tc we both know even if you are blacker than charcoal as long as you have your money a sales assistant will attend to you like a king,i dont get treated any diffrent at home in nigeria so why should i be treated any diffrent in another person's country plus my dad studied here in the 70's when the system was worse and i have been on holidays to the uk before so im not a complete johnny just come.

fair enough these places were opened fora certain class of people but majority of nigerians go there ,the only thing is that some go there more often than others on account of the fact that they have more money and also some prefer going somewhere else to catch their fun,you cant tell a guy livingin oshodi that loves to listen to fuji music and eat pepper soup and beer to come along to silverbird,he might go once and not return their again,doesnt mean he s not having a nice time,personally i prefer going to the local joints,buying akara and fried yam and fried fish by the roadside from my favourite akara seller than going to the galleria or eating local unrefined ofada rice locally made,its not about money at all because by our perculiar nature as nigerians we love the local feel,sitting under a tree drinking chatting with people e.t.c its a nigerian as well as an african thing.

of course i love the fact that uk is a leveler and personally i will not have it any other way,thats the few advantages in this country.

like i said,a lot of people pay taxes and if you dont know i think you should ask rather than making sweeping generalizations based on the nigeria of several years ago,people dont pay taxes on the level of uk because by all standards uk lives on taxes so this country is known worldwide for that,they l tax the living and even the dead ,because nigeria doesnt do that now means we dont pay tax??gimme a break pls go and find out, theres a lot of things you will not have acess to like some documents if you dont have your tax clearance also when it comes to factories and businesses they dare not pay tax or they ll have themselves to blame at least i know of lagos and abuja,the only thing that i might accept is that some cut corners and also some beat the system but the contrast between nigeria and uk on that is while uk lives on the tax and depends on it or survival,we are blessed with soo many ways of making money in spite of the corruption.

ohh,you v got your census mixed up there,are you saying asians are 75% fo uk??,because they live together, go back to the census figures and check the population compared to whites and then you will know both eastenders and a whole lot of programmes do not reflect this, apart from lenny henry and the 3 non-blonds also the kumars at whaever,what other minority programmes are shown on your tvs??

you are not english,you are a black british and i am not pulling my hair over it because my own green passport and nigerianess is not in doubt and i have no intention of changing that you want to be english but its too late i am nigerian from ode omu in osun state,and im damn proud to be, so my hairs still very intact thank you.

of course we all know there has always been black people who do not like blacks,its been like that since the slave trade when our fellow blacks sold each other for slavery,when the house niggers looked down on the field niggers,even in africa betrayal has often been the order of the day so im not supprised that some want to betray obama,rather than castigating jesse jackson aknowledge him as what he is and what he has done for the black race and not throw accusations that he is jelouse of obama,why would he be jelouse of obama if i may ask, because he didnt get the same supportplssssss

your quote is someone else's view and i have a right to my view as well,and ill answer that by one of late lucky dube's song"not every black man is my brother,not every white man is my enemy" hope that clears it.
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by EloSela(f): 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2008
Lucabrasi grin

All the buildings in Abuja can not match all the buildings in the UK. You need to get out more. For starters is there even 24 hour light in Abuja? And how much of Abuja is actually developed? LOL! shocked shocked shocked

Please stop worrying about my citizenship, it does not concern you. . .at least you are not the person making the law and deciding who is a citizen of which country. And there is no need to explain who you are to me because I haven't asked. You could be an Alien from Mars for all I care. tongue

We already know that you are a Nigerian and that you love the country to bits but you are out in the real world now without Daddy and Mummy. You are sure to meet many who will not have similar romantic and patriotic ideas about Nigeria so deal with it!

I have been to quite a few places in West Africa including The Gambia, Senegal and Ghana and these places are miles better (in terms of progression and order) than Nigeria, the so-called 'Giant of Africa'. Where have you been in the world?

In Nigeria, I have been to Lagos, (lived in)Sapele, Warri, Abuja, Kano and Benin as well as some of the surrounding villages.

Fuji music is played in The Galleria so your theory on why the man from Mushin might not go there doesn't wash. The reason why he wouldn't go there is because places like that are not targeted at him and the 70% of the population who lives in abject poverty. So to reiterate, the majority of Nigerians do not go there!

You brought your father into this conversation, moaning about how he had paid 9000gbp to send you to study against your will in England and so don't start complaining now when I offer a theory as to why you feel so much bitterness towards the British people and in particular, the Black ones. I stand by what I said about you thinking you deserve better treatment because of who your father is. Next time, if you don't want your father brought into the conversation then don't bring him up! Simple!

The majority of Nigerians do not pay tax. Do you even know what the percentage of tax is? What about Sales tax? 70% of the country lives in abject poverty. It seems that you are ignoring these people by only taking the few who have proper jobs into consideration and who can maybe afford to go to places like The Galleria and Palm Springs.

Shame on you!

The pure water seller, groundnut seller, Mamaputs, the mechanics, Bus Conductors and drivers plus everybody else who has to fend for themselves without a supportive Government do not pay tax! What about the millions who farm their own land and sell its produce to survive? Do they pay? I don't blame them sef because even if I was working in Nigeria I would not be handing my money over to a Government who is more likely to spend it on a private jet than on ensuring every citizen had free health care or improving the local schools and roads either! Please remove your shades and smell the coffee.

Where did I say anything about the Asians being 75% of the pop. in the UK?

Again, Eastenders is fiction. Get over it!

Yes you have a right to your views but don't be surprised when someone tells you that you are in denial.

On the other hand I admire your patriotic stance but I at the same time I think you should really try to sell that BS you are spewing on here to someone else who is more likely to buy.

Anyway I am tired of this topic. You continue to live in your bubble if it makes you happy and I will continue to state my views where I see fit! grin

Tara!
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by lucabrasi(m): 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2008
your opening statement shows its either you are restricted to the ghettoes of abuja or lagos or you have not been to the achitectural masterpieces abuja,lagos and other parts of nigeria have,go to a thread on here i think and have a minute idea of the masterpieces in abuja and nigeria, thank baba GOD for your precious light we know you do have light but after how many hundreds of years,we have read of the time when liberalism was the order of the day,the times of oliver twist when children fend for themselves in england,when they were executed for stealing bread,when there was no light e.tc and maybe you dont know but go find out and you will discover how many hundreds of years it took england to go from that time to now.

siddon there and be having bad belle about my daddy and mummy,im proud to have them and their help and no apologies to anyone,tell yours to pay your way as well if you feel really bad about it abi na fight,i am patriotic to my country because i have faith and love for my country go check out the article in the mirror of last year around october/november about the british and patriotism,coming from no less a person than the former conservative chairman that united kingdom are not patriotic and should follow the example of the united states and he was even criticised for it,in a country where the national flag is used for boxers,car seats and the likes not my wrds its from the english not british,so i think you should deal with what you have going on not me as i am patriotic and will always be.

like i said in my previous reply and i will repeat it again,you have not been to most of these places,because i dont know where in the galleria fuji music is played,or where pasuma or obesere and the likes played or maybe you r mixing fuji music with something else, go n google it and see what music genre that is,and like i said before majotiy do not go there not because of just costs but because it doesnt conform to their idea of a good time,like you said n your earlier posts,your relatives or whatever complains about not liking chinese,stands to reason that if they had their way they ll rather go somewhere else,does it mean they cant afford itfigure that out,

ill ignore the reference to my dad like the second time in this because it doesnt merit a reply

of course everyone knows majority do not pay tax,but like i said mostly all the companies and factories pay tax,people in employment pay tax and like i said in the paragraph above,it has taken the united kingdom hundreds of years to get to this stage and in addittion the tax is their life blood so without it the economy will go into meltdown so they have no choice realli so dont even compare the two,the mechanics ,mama puts and the rest of them dont pay tax but they have a better quality of life,when it comes to the ghetto like areas thats not the fault of government but some people being individually dirty and not cleaning up their surroundings,having said that its obvious theres a lot to be done by the government,we all know that even the government acknowledge it so you are speaking out of context there.

you said something about the asians and 75% in your previous post ,go have a look at it

seems as if your favourite phrase is get over it,get over what??a programme i dont watch but using as an example or the fact that some black people in the united kingdom are not represented on tv?whats my business with that when im not looking for a job or benefits, wetin concern agbero with overload, abeg

im not the one in denial because im honest enough to know that nigeria has problems,i am honest with myself enough to know that even thogh our leaders has messed up and still messing up things are changing and they are facing issue now albeit slowly but stillfacing i and i know its not business as usual,you are the one that is is denial for the following reasons

even though i dont give two about if u r colombian,american,british,albanian or whatever and borrowing your phrase you might be from mars for all i care majority of black people complain about the non acceptance on racial grounds,everybody even the western world have acknowledged that even though nigeria has had a chequered past,things are changing and the ngos and other western organisations have been giving nigeria the necessary kudos,we have improved our ratings in the transparency international ratings and the american financial ratings and we have a vibrant economy,qualty of life is improving and you are not here spewing some douche,with all sense of decency and respect ill advice you not to be an ostrich and remove your preddy lil head from the sand and see,read whats going on and not restrick yourself to the daily mail and the sun newspapers and channel 4 news.

thank you for admiring my sense of patriotism,and i admire yours as well its just a shame that the people you would have loved to show that acceptance think you are the wrong colour, btw thats not directed at you personally but everybody in that situation b4 you start thinking im obssesd with whereever you r from,i dont need to sell anything just putting my own views foward on a public forum not sending it to your private website or email so i think you should be matured enough to acknowledge that and stop being petty and throwing a mild tantrum.

you r making it sound like im trying to win you over or something,theres nothing farther from the truth,you think in a country of more than 40 million nigerians i care one way or another what one person thinks??naw i dont,dont get it twisted im onli taking the pains because other people in same situation who believe in nigeria might come along a year or more from now going through nairaland and will read everything on here,and btw where did i explain who i was to you?or tell you i was concerned whatever citizen you are, hmmmn , overbloated sense of self importance in play here, cool
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by EloSela(f): 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2008
Ok I didn't read all because you were off on a tangent again. But I did spot the below. . .

you r making it sound like im trying to win you over or something,theres nothing farther from the truth,you think in a country of more than 40 million nigerians i care one way or another what one person thinks??

Which country has over 40million Nigerians? If you say the UK then I will say that you are definitely on drugs. LOL!
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by lucabrasi(m): 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2008
it was a typo i mean to write140million nigerians and GOD is my witness that i really dont care one way or another either you read it or not, but just to clarify the basis of my write up for you seeing as you did not read it, i was not writing all that for your benefit,but for people that might read all these a year or more down the line and make up their mind to check out more about nigeria and whats going on rather than reading a one sided drivel and lamentation about the usual "go back home to your country"and people whinnying about too much foreigners in our countries, nuifn personal smiley
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by lucabrasi(m): 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2008
@poster
from my own experience i think a lot of nigerians who have relocated from nigeria in the last ten years that i know have achieved a lot mainly in computers and i.t,and other professional fields like law e.t.c but its been harder for the ones coming in the last five years especially after the whole 9/11 as immigration laws have been tightened and the influx of new entrants to the european unions who have come into the uk in the last couple of years,on the whole i reckon the best thing for nigerians in the uk who have arrived not too long a go or who are not permanently resident is to make a bit of money and return back to nigeria as this country is not all that is cracked up to be,nigeria has a vibrant economy right now and the earlier you get involved and involve your fund the more the gain you will make in the long run especially with the impending financial recession looming over the united states and united kingdom brought about by the mortgage crises amongst other alarming signs
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by HRhotness(f): 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2008
@ lucabrasi

at the risk of getting pulled into this argument debate, i think you're coming off as somewhat ignorant.
to begin with, u have totally diverted off the whole point of the post, this is not a battle to determine which is a better country. I however agree with EloSela, Some Nigerians come here for whatever reason and end up complaining about everything, they are loud, rude and disrespectful of the British culture. I am of the opinion that if it really is so unpleasant here, then go back home. the least you could do is put up with their way of life until u get whatever u came for and then leave. it strikes me that Nigerians expect to be handed everything on a platter. things are hard here even for white people (they just don't go around complaining about it) i know this because i work for a finance company and deal with a large number of people (mostly whites) who are deep in debt, have lost or about to loose their homes, can't get a job,,, etc I can always tell when I'm dealing with a Nigerian who hasn't been here that long, they don't pay their bills on-time and get angry (even abusive) when they are confronted, they seem to think they are targeted because they are black (or Nigerian).

the truth is some Nigerians move to the UK without understanding the way things work then feel victimised when they get into trouble. I'm sick to death of people complaining about the fact that they can't get good jobs or they can't get help. My standard reply is that anyone who is unwilling to work hard like everyone else in the system, should remain home. I worked very hard to get everything i have despite the fact that i hold a British passport, why people who arrived in the country yesterday expect everything handed to them is a puzzle.  undecided
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by lucabrasi(m): 11:52pm On Apr 06, 2008
HR.hotness:

@ lucabrasi

at the risk of getting pulled into this argument debate, i think you're coming off as somewhat ignorant.
to begin with, u have totally diverted off the whole point of the post, this is not a battle to determine which is a better country. I however agree with EloSela, Some Nigerians come here for whatever reason and end up complaining about everything, they are loud, rude and disrespectful of the British culture. I am of the opinion that if it really is so unpleasant here, then go back home. the least you could do is put up with their way of life until u get whatever u came for and then leave. it strikes me that Nigerians expect to be handed everything on a platter. things are hard here even for white people (they just don't go around complaining about it) i know this because i work for a finance company and deal with a large number of people (mostly whites) who are deep in debt, have lost or about to loose their homes, can't get a job,,, etc I can always tell when I'm dealing with a Nigerian who hasn't been here that long, they don't pay their bills on-time and get angry (even abusive) when they are confronted, they seem to think they are targeted because they are black (or Nigerian).

the truth is some Nigerians move to the UK without understanding the way things work then feel victimised when they get into trouble. I'm sick to death of people complaining about the fact that they can't get good jobs or they can't get help. My standard reply is that anyone who is unwilling to work hard like everyone else in the system, should remain home. I worked very hard to get everything i have despite the fact that i hold a British passport, why people who arrived in the country yesterday expect everything handed to them is a puzzle. undecided

first off,pls i take exception to being called ignorant because i wasnt addressing you pls and i think you should have alil bit of decorum when addressing people,and if you care to check my post before going off on one i apologised to the poster and tried to address the post ,you seem to be lumping two issues together so im guessing she s a friend of yours so its a kind of gang up.

i dont know the nigerians you know in the uk,but the nigerians i know or that i have met from the ones that are professionals who are into i.t ,lawyers,mortgage brokers and the rest, one distinctio i have come away with is that nigerians are resilient,hardworking and adapt to anywhere they are if not you wouldnt get nigerians in all corners of the whole wide world,i cant in all honesty doubt your take on the nigerians you might have met who are disrespectful,loud and complain all the time but as far as i am concerned that is a stereotype which does not apply to majority of nigerians,you r complaining about nigerians being rude and in spite of the fact that i was not addressing you and i was only stating my own side,the first thing you said to me was that i am ignorant,if that is not insultive to call a total stranger ignorant then i dont know what is.

how many nigerians wait to be handed opportunities on a platter,nigerians work soo hard,go to the care assistant sector and see nigerian women in their 50s and 60s working round the clock,go to the security sector and see nigerians working hard,go to universities and see how nigerians are study,we all know it is unpleasant and if i may speak for the people i know or that i have met since i got to england,the only reason they are still here is because they do not have any option and want to save up enough to go back home,and who says white people dont complain? the british generally whine about everything and are said to be the whinyest holiday makers,please check it out if you dont believe me.

the british you work with do not compain because they know their system and by the way their system is designed there is always a solution no matter how bad things get,secondly an average british person born and bred in this country has his/her name on the electoral roll and has a kind of creit history compare that to a30 smthing years old nigeria that has spent mayb 2/3 years here, they complain because they have a lot to complain for,you make it sound as if all the opportunities are there and people are not making use of it,we all know racism is real and rampant,we all know that even all the boroughts are trying to tackle it,just last year i read about the brighton and hove borough and its equal opportunities employment where they decided to employ more minority ethnic people because they are being increasingly marginalised,same as the police which they are trying to correct ,same as the black communities.

they are economic migrants,and some have diffrent reasons for moving to this country,some pay throught their noses for visas or other illegal and legal ways,several have saved enough and moved back to nigeria and some are planning to,there are migrants everywhere in the world wnd that is why the whole world is revolving,if you are a nigerian then at a point iin time your parents must have moved to the uk and now you r enjoying the opportunities,we all know that its easier for white people than balcka,it is easier for blacks with a british passport than blacks without,and because people complain does not mean that they are lazy or expect everything to be handed to them,the indians complain a lot and have issues with everything,inspite of the large number of nigerians predominantly in london and muslim as well i dont see nigerians becoming suicide bombers but the asians dont complain about each other or put each other down.

just my own opinion,
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 06, 2008
lucabrasi, Elosela and HR.hotness. In my opinion I feel you guys are saying too many things. I am not a Briton, I am a Nigerian but I have benefited  from the British government at least they (british govt) sponsor my education here. However I am not ignorant of the challenges my brothers and sisters ( fellow nigerians ) face here.

Back to your arguements you three are trying to make some points although I have seen some of you overstating certain points. Anyway after it's all said and done, I think we need to address the main issue and that is how do we make Nigeria great irrespective or where we are born, live, schooled etc.
I could suggest so many things but I feel the most practicable step is for our government to take the lead. I am grateful to the efforts the nigerian goverment has been making in recent times to get things right.  We all need to change our attitude towards a lot of things. Attitudes like: complacency, it isn't my stuff so why should I be bothered, anyway I have an alternative, some people are better than us, we can only make it outside nigeria etc

There is no system in the universe desgined for nigeria's greatness apart from nigeria. The Americans want their country to be great so the british and everyother other sovereign state. I believe wherever you are if you think you are a nigerian then come up with ideas that could make nigeria great. Like everyother country on earth good ideas are opposed but persistence makes the way.

I wish I could say more but PLEASE if you don't have any suggestion on our greatness don't tell us how we have gone wrong, or why we are wrong. We know we are imperfect and we need solutions. This is our generation ad our time to make Nigeria great!

Cheers
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by HRhotness(f): 12:10am On Apr 07, 2008
@ lucabrasi
I never called u ignorant
read my first sentence properly,,,, there is no need for d insults.
I only wonder why you're so defensive,,,,, If u choose to live in denial thats your choice, doesnt change the truth tho.

@ belabela
Good point.
I'm not complaining, not being negative either. I love being Nigerian and I come home as often as i can. I do believe things will get better for no other reason than that they can't remain the way they are. It can't be sustained and it will get to a point when there is no other way but for things to get better.  grin
Re: Nigerians Home And Abroad This Way Please by patricial: 12:18am On Apr 07, 2008
Well I was born and brought up in Nigeria as my parents are Nigerians so i am but i now live and work in the UK, i guess our problem in that country is the government and now lets talk about the solution, The government should please try provide some jobs for people then everything will be alright most boys wouldn't mind to end up in jail by scamming people.

Regads to EFCC they should Bleep off because their doing nothing but total shits towards boyz who hussle to live and enjoy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Short History Of Ifon Osun In Osun State / Igbos Let Us Interprete Some Uncommon Igbo Names / Beauty Of North Central Women (nupe, Ebira , Gwari Etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 310
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.