Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? (5667 Views)

What Percentage Of Your Salary Should Be Allotted To Accommodation? / The Hard Truth About Your Salary / Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by boladonas(m): 1:59am On Apr 06, 2008
kemisuga:

@ Poster, Eh Yah

I am also experiencing the same too at work, but mine is just for 2 months now. I am just applying to every applications that comes my way.

I wish you all the best Bros.

Kemi, and all of u being owed salaries
pls send ur mails to gdajobs2008@yahoo.com
I ll try my best to see that u hv somewhere where u ll be paid regularly
Pele
I understand how u guys feel
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by diyobdw(f): 9:55am On Apr 06, 2008
Ask you self these:

Why can't the company pay?
Any "realistic" solution currently deployed by the company to solve this problem?
Does the company care about you?
What if this continues for another 5 month, would you still be asking what to do?
What are your alternatives?
What do you stand to lose ? - (forget things like recommendation, or what people will say if you are jobless, think of what you would add value to you.)

Moving to another job is like the 1st right option but think again the answer is in you.
Plan and execute!

But my view:

Even if a coy is being owed or bankrupt, its a business and should be generating new leads /business for inflow of cash- afterall people still work there. what do they do?

For real why run a company that would owe 5month salary- they should honorably close shop!

This is one good thing about being an employee you can resign and get a new job- it not your biz,
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by cemoi: 10:22am On Apr 06, 2008
@begood1,if you are talking about jst having a place to go every morning,OK

@Scopiun,great talk.

i wonder how u've been going to the work sef,ur boss must be a blessed man,he's not paying and his staff are still comming.
i would suggest you read the book WHO MOVED MY CHEESE?
I think ur just afraid of change and it's challenges.
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by tyna1(f): 9:33am On Apr 07, 2008
Leave the job,he will never pay you.Change is the only constant thing in life,have a positive attitude about it and take it as an experience learnt in a hard way.I have been in that kind of situation before for 3months and a friend of mine for 8months.You are not there to sympathize with your boss,look at it this way if you've been messing up on your job for 5months do you think he will not sack you? I know it will be difficult initially but you will always survive.
I wish you all the best,but please do yourself a favour and quit.
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by spicyv1(f): 10:27am On Apr 07, 2008
[color=#006600][/color]

Yes people are doing it, should we encourage others to join in? it's people like you that dent the image of our society. May God open your eyes of understanding!
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by chinesedoll(f): 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2008
@poster

its like u re a philanthropic person
cos i dont see any reason why u re still there shocked shocked
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 07, 2008
I doubt if it's philantropy.
It's more like hopelessness.
He ought to have quit 4 years and 10 months ago.
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by chinesedoll(f): 11:02pm On Apr 07, 2008
It's more like hopelessness.

u no go kill person with laff o grin grin

dis one is more than charity o
abeg i need ppl like dis. tongue tongue
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by ogelycious: 11:22am On Apr 08, 2008
my dear, talk to ur boss if no real response, quit the job
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by tinard(m): 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2008
You need to gather your colleagues and say something.

@ topic, I can not believe this is still happening in Nigeria. I mean even teachers are getting paid.

@ author. what is the name of the company and what does it do?
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by chukz4real(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2008
Fellow Nairalanders. Y una dey fall my hand like dis now? Y una no ask am weda im still dey go d work? Na wetin happen for DSC for Warri side some time ago b that. 5 months na small thing naw. DSC own na about 2yrs or so. Some people run commot, odas endure am. Govt. later pay dem the money with even jara sef. C where poor man hamma like sey tomorrow no dey!

Una fit dey help am sha. Make we try contribute money like as I contribute in those days wey AIT/Raypower dey fall down down down for Lagos. Abi I no yarn well?

lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by bazzman(f): 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2008
If I may Ask, Do you work at a Charity Home?
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by formunt(m): 3:21pm On Apr 13, 2008
Fed. Min. of Ag. has not paid department of Rural Dev. workers salaries since January
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by ekorick(m): 3:21pm On Apr 15, 2008
signify ur non-payment with ur feet; don't raise it up-RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by hilli666(m): 10:12pm On Jul 10, 2008
You should fire your boss. Tell him that i gave you the permission, and he has 24 hrs to clear his/her desk and pack out.
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by GoldFinch(m): 9:05pm On Jul 11, 2008
Sad.
This is just Sad.
Re: 5 Months Salary Owed. What Should I Do? by solveitnow(m): 6:50am On Jul 13, 2008
i ve experienced this but now am free.Friend don't quit but open ur eyes ur innerone and see the potential in you.Blieved me God had a purpose 4ur life.I'VE AGOOD NEWS 4U ,enough off paid job u can become ur own boss,and begin to pay other as well.SEND ME AN EMAIL ; sos.sea29@yahoo.com or call 08080783121 believed me ,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simple Ways To Secure Jobs In Malaysia / Jobs City / I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.