Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,527 members, 7,932,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 11:07 AM

She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. (32604 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons / My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
coogar: the dude has since confirmed she knew about this 2-hour ritual and she has only ever joked about his closenes to his bøsom friend.

No he did not. He only said she knew about their closeness.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by zeefa: 9:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
The whole issue is actually getting tough. But I still hope & pray God will sort us out. Right now am facing 3 challenges which if care is not taken on the final decision, it might end up being a genesis of a life time in my family.

Here they are;
1. The Friendship between dayo & I
2. Divorce saga btw us
3. My mother inlaw as a new driving force.

Renny was trained by a single mother in the city of Kent. They are just TWO from her mother, being the first with a younger brother, I noticed even while we were dating that she always like to know everything going on between us. And moreover, they are so close even more than the way I see myself & dayo but I never for one day complained about it.

They are like sisters because they discuss virtually everything.....
I believe people will be able 2 see reason why I said things are getting critical. I can't be a dummy, and som1 a mother inlaw from no where wld now have total control in my house without my own stand as a man in the house.

Even if I decided to reduce this so called calls, would that stop my mother inlaw from still pushing in more things to make her daughter get a free control over my own home.

Renny is 3months pregnant yet she insisted on d threat for divorce couple up with her mum influence in the case. Well, I still have up to 3weeks 2 sort this out! Bt the BIG question is how to handle it against future challenges.

O ti fe ma su mi o!
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by zeefa: 9:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
The whole issue is actually getting tough. But I still hope & pray God will sort us out. Right now am facing 3 challenges which if care is not taken on the final decision, it might end up being a genesis of a life time in my family.

Here they are;
2. Divorce saga btw us

Renny was trained by a single mother in the city of Kent. They are just TWO from her mother, being the first with a younger brother, I noticed even while we were dating that she always like to know everything going on between us. And moreover, they are so close even more than the way I see myself & dayo but I never for one day complained about it.

I believe people will be able 2 see reason why I said things are getting critical. I can't be a dummy, and som1 a mother inlaw from no where wld now have total control in my house without my own stand as a man in the house.

Even if I decided to reduce this so called calls, would that stop my mother inlaw from still pushing in more things to make her daughter get a free control over my own home.

Renny is 3months pregnant yet she insisted on d threat for divorce couple up with her mum influence in the case. Well, I still have up to 3weeks 2 sort this out! Bt the BIG question is how to handle it against future challenges.

O ti fe ma su mi o!
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2013
Morenikeji- Reny .. Cute

1 Like

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by baby124: 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2013
zeefa:

Here they are;
2. Divorce saga btw us

O ti fe ma su mi o!

Being that your wife is from a broken home. Did you guys discuss about that aspect of her life and how she hopes to avert it in the future before getting married? What is her stance on divorce and a broken home? If she doesnt mind it, then the divorce is inevitable. Whether today or tomorrow. Now and in the future. Just come straight out and tell her to choose between her family and her mother. That you are willing to work things out in a reasonable manner, as long as the mum stays out of your business as a couple. I think you should also let the mother know in a respectful way that you know what she is doing, and you will appreaciate if she doesnt interfere in your family business.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 01, 2013
Now we are deviating from Dayo's issue!

OP 'owo ara eni la fi ntunwa ara eni she'...... mother's bond can never be broken but since third party boundary is never your thing , she joined the exploit bandwagon too.

Baby steps..... change your Lordy Lordy ways and have heart to heart talk with your wife like really let her know you're about to change your ways and she needs to caution her mom.

1 Like

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2013

2 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by zeefa: 10:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
baby_123:

Being that your wife is from a broken home. Did you guys discuss about that aspect of her life and how she hopes to avert it in the future before getting married? What is her stance on divorce and a broken home? If she doesnt mind it, then the divorce is inevitable. Whether today or tomorrow. Now and in the future. Just come straight out and tell her to choose between her family and her mother. That you are willing to work things out in a reasonable manner, as long as the mum stays out of your business as a couple. I think you should also let the mother know in a respectful way that you know what she is doing, and you will appreaciate if she doesnt interfere in your family business.

We didn't discuss that! Yes from a broken home.
Whatever the case may be, I will try and see how to handle my inlaws case on the issue of interference.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by baby124: 10:22pm On Apr 01, 2013
zeefa:

Whatever the case may be, I will try and see how to handle my inlaws case on the issue of interference.

Well, however you handle it. Handle it with maturity and calm. Make your wife see reason and tell her that her attitude towards divorce is disappointing. Please, dont fall for the gimick. You dont want something they can use to control your home. Take your stand, in a respectful manner and as a man. They will all find their level with time. It is how you handle these situations that will earn you your respect as a man, and your wife's admiration as a husband. MIL will even be too ashamed to look at you in the face as you are everything she never had. Now you know your MIL's real colors. You know how to handle her in future to protect your future family as a unit. Let the daughter decide for herself if she truly wants to be a single mother over your friend! A compromise is needed, but this should be the end of MIL's interference or knowledge about the going ins and outs of your marriage as her actions or intentions are not natural. No responsible mother will tell their daughter to divorce the husband over such a thing. It is all childish and seems like a joke.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2013
again, if the husband provides the necessary care/attention for his family BEFORE/AFTER the calls to his friend, then i see no problem in this issue (unless this insane wife expect the husband to be taking care/giving attention to his family at all time when he is free).

as for the blackmail, I MBJ would have told mil and daughter to FUKC OFF simply because this is not the way to solve the issue at hand. if the hubby accepts now, he may as well put his pants down, bend over and let them "do him" without vaseline lol!

the solution to this issue is finding the right balance for BOTH of you to be happy, not having ONE person happy and the other one miserable.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2013
jidegirl12: Now we are deviating from Dayo's issue!

OP 'owo ara eni la fi ntunwa ara eni she'...... mother's bond can never be broken but since third party boundary is never your thing , she joined the exploit bandwagon too.

Baby steps..... change your Lordy Lordy ways and have heart to heart talk with your wife like really let her know you're about to change your ways and she needs to caution her mom.

+1

I fail to see what's the new complexity all of a sudden. Face your wife and resolve it with her abi? Why are you having such a hard time with this? Do you two communicate with each other at all? As in, really talk deeply about issues? Perhaps, you need to examine why not.

1 Like

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 01, 2013
baby_123: No responsible mother will tell their daughter to divorce the husband over such a thing. It is all childish and seems like a joke.

Unless they know or suspect something more....

2 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
zeefa:

Here we go again .... broken home blah blah, so?

chaircover: Mr Zeefa you dont want your MIL in your marriage but Dayo is free to be in it.

I think you all need professional marriage counseling, cos noone seems to know what is expected of them. You all need to go back to the basics.

I'm going to bed . . .ive been on NL for 2 hours and football is over grin grin grin

My points exactly! Even a 2 year old can call shots in that house. No boundaries nothing!

ileobatojo:

+1

I fail to see what's the new complexity all of a sudden. Face your wife and resolve it with her abi? Why are you having such a hard time with this? Do you two communicate with each other at all? As in, really talk deeply about issues? Perhaps, you need to examine why not.

The guy obviously has issues he's not saying . This back and forth don tire me. I dey go home jare! Boring day.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by baby124: 10:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
ileobatojo:

Unless they know or suspect something more....

Suspects what exactly? That he is ga*y? Why will a grown woman, a supposedly wise woman tell her child to divorce her husband over a friend? Just because they are too close? They have not told OP that they suspect he is ga*y. Nothing to that effect was highlighted on this thread. The fact of the matter is, his MIL most likely isn't a responsible or respectable woman. If she wishes well for her child, she will even draw the guy close and talk to him. No hidden intentions or discussions will take place in the guys absence. Divorce will never even be an issue. The fact that divorce is so easily brought up as a bargaining chip is cause for serious concern. I blame the OP for not doing his investigation well enough before marriage. If a woman is from a broken home, she has to have the attitude to work hard at having a united family, otherwise OP is walking into an inevitable divorce situation. This is ridiculous. If the OP doesnt curb the MIL, then i am afraid he has walked into a disaster.

1 Like

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2013
baby_123:

Suspects what exactly? That he is ga*y? Why will a grown woman, a supposedly wise woman tell her child to divorce her husband over a friend? Just because they are too close? They have not told OP that they suspect he is ga*y. Nothing to that effect was highlighted on this thread. The fact of the matter is, his MIL most likely isn't a responsible or respectable woman. If she wishes well for her child, she will even draw the guy close and talk to him. No hidden intentions or discussions. This is ridiculous. If the OP doesnt curb the MIL, then i am afraid he has walked into a disaster.

And how are you sure she hasn't? You actually trust this OP? He just changed his tone just so you don't know, he's one rude fella! dammit where's my bag and my keys! angry

1 Like

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by baby124: 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
jidegirl12:

And how are you sure she hasn't? You actually trust this OP? He just changed his tone just so you don't know, he's one rude fella! dammit where's by bag and my keys! angry

HE seems to have been really open about everything. And i am going by the post Jide. Have you had a previous confrontation with him? Truly and honestly, i really hate it when people try to give conditions and use things i love as bargaining chip. I personally will just dump that thing. Honestly. Really, why will her mum be pushing for a divorce over this? I am sure she is well aware of the role this friend has played in the guys life. And if he was really gay, then as someone raised in a western environment i dont think she will be trying to come back. Why will you divorce a gay man over his boyfriend, but give conditions to stay married to him if the boyfriend goes away. Does that stop him from being gay

4 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by dayokanu(m): 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2013
^^ I suggest the OP bulges to the threat, And he issue a counter threat by telling the wife never to talk to her mother again else they would divorce.

OP stops talking to Dayo, Wife stops taking to her mother. SHIKENA

Hope she would agree to that cos the same reason why Dayo is intruding can be used for the MIL as well.

Just as the MIL was instrumental in being where she is today so was Dayo in him being where he is today

3 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
*Sighs* baby love kiss yes I've had fracas with him earlier but so was with other posters here that tried to convince him about the ridiculous amount of time he converses with his friend everyday!

That being said, OP knows he's the bullseye on this thread and that's why he's shifting focus from himself. He's one smart dude.

Once again, Baby steps..... Rome wasn't built in a day, he already caused his problems , he should have a heart to heart talk with his wife and they should both make promises to keep those people ( MIL & Dayo) on their sides in check simple!

Marriage is about sacrifices most times.

About the gay thingy, well don't you think 2 hrs a day buddy talk ritual is awkward? Not that there's anything wrong with being gay? I love em !

1 Like

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by baby124: 11:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
jidegirl12: *Sighs* baby love kiss yes I've had fracas with him earlier but so was with other posters here that tried to convince him about the ridiculous amount of time he converses with his friend everyday!

That being said, OP knows he's the bullseye on this thread and that's why he's shifting focus from himself.

Once again, Baby steps..... Rome wasn't built in a day, he already caused his problems , he should have a heart to heart talk with his wife and they should both make promises to keep those people ( MIL & Dayo) on their sides in check simple!

About the gay thingy, well don't you think 2 hrs a day buddy talk ritual is awkward? Not that there's anything wrong with being gay? I love em !

Now, this is the Jide i love. cool. Jide, i said it earlier that 2hours daily is a bit much. Now that he is married, he definitely needs to pay more attention to his family and especially his pregnant wife. There are ways around still keeping his friendship. Talking for 15minutes to his friend or on his way home wouldnt be so bad. Having guys day and hanging out will be something the wives on both sides will be okay about. They can even involve their wives in this friendship and their sports fanatic activities, to build a life long bond. Maybe the wives are feeling left out, am sure Dayo's wife feels the same way. She may be more rational as she knows the benefits of this friendship. But this method of using a gun to kill a mosquito is totally off putting. Over a friend? I mean really where does this end? Does this seem rational

2 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 01, 2013
dayokanu: ^^ I suggest the OP bulges to the threat, And he issue a counter threat by telling the wife never to talk to her mother again else they would divorce.

OP stops talking to Dayo, Wife stops taking to her mother. SHIKENA

Hope she would agree to that cos the same reason why Dayo is intruding can be used for the MIL as well.

Just as the MIL was instrumental in being where she is today so was Dayo in him being where he is today

I think this is the best advice you can get for this issue on ground. You stop talking to Dayo about ur wyf and ur wyf stops talking to her mum about you two. Reduce the no of hours you spend on fone with Dayo. While you're doing all this, make it known to her in a very serious and firm way that such threats would not be allowed in future. SIMPLES!!!
Any other approach would only complicate matters the more!
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by k4kenny(f): 8:35am On Apr 02, 2013
SMH for bad mothers who intrude in their daughter's marriage. What responsible mother would tell her PREGNANT daughter to consider leaving her matrimonial home? I have seen cases like this where the mother ruins her daughter's home and renders a a single mother, alone to fend for her self and kids. Except she's being maltreated, I see no reason to go to this extreme.

@Zeefa. Are the asking you to COMPLETELY dissociate from Dayo? If they are, then they're out of line. You need to put your foot down at MIL's level of involvement in ur marriage. You don't have to sacrifice your marriage for your friendship and vice-versa.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by zeefa: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2013
jidegirl12: *Sighs* baby love kiss yes I've had fracas with him earlier but so was with other posters here that tried to convince him about the ridiculous amount of time he converses with his friend everyday!

That being said, OP knows he's the bullseye on this thread and that's why he's shifting focus from himself. He's one smart dude.

Eni ti ani ko kani leyi, toun fi egun si owo! I dnt kw y ppu jst adopt the method of seeing somtins at d negative side of it. I still wonder y u cnt just tink st8t instead of an isotonic approach from you on this thrend.

I need to make myself clear again that, if being a guy is d last option for me 2 remain on dis earth better I go. Imaging your thinking & comments. Let me tell you somtin, if you don't know &u have never tasted it, I do advise you consult ppl with such experience.
I don't drink, visit clubs or humanize. So I wonder y u shld concluded on such nasty tag. some people are just more than a friend cos of how they contributed to your success in life.

Dayo is a friend like a brother. Someone who understands and detest envy. He is there to share from your problesm & provide a lasting solution if possible.

I am a well cultured Yoruba Man with a fear of God on my mind. And for your information, assuming I am what you are insinuating, I dnt tink putting up this story here would have been a gud idea & getting married won't have been on my agenda in d first place.

Well, thank you for your contributions. Atleast I was able 2 extract from your comments on how to go about somethings. And please don't see this as an attack on ur comments
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
@ Zeefa, did u take ur time to find out y her father left her mother?
I had d same issue wit a bf long time ago. Then we were in school. The guy made it cleared to me that i culdnt separate him from him friends. His friends started ignoring me to make matter worse. Nobody told me be4 i became friendly with them. He was in his final year then.
After he left it was the same friends that helped me thru out on campus. We became good friends that my bf started wondering again if there was anythg.

I think your wife shld see ur friend as an elder brother! I mean some1 she can run to when u r even misbehaving.
Concerning the issue of divorce, am a woman and i dont support ds. Most ladies saying you dont gve her attention bla bla are not be truthful cos u dont know wot dey r facing in dir relationships. Have dey taken time to think if d woman is d boring type. I have a friend dat we hang out when he is in d country. He doesnt like football. He thinks its a stupid thing for 22 men to be chasing ard one leather. Anytime, we hang out esp wkends and DSTV is showing any match, he know e cant disturb me esp whn my team is playing. He wont even stop me when am discussing wit other guys about football. Whenever he wants to call me, he calls me Arsenal or Madam Arsenal. I made him to start watching ball even tho e doesnt have favourite team.

Fine ur wife needs attention esp now that she is pregnant but to me she is not handling the situation wit wisdom and the reason being that ur mum is controlling her. She shld even thank God that u guys aint hanging out till late! There r better ways she can get ur attention and u wont have to call ur friend for 2 hrs virtually everyday.
If u guys r in a lovely relationship or ur wife is a talkative like me, i can bet u will hardly remember to call dayo Whn u get home cos i wil bombard u with d day's activities.

My advice is to call her wife to order abt her mum and let her know she cant threaten you wit divorce if she doesnt want to end up like her mother. U need to talk sense into her head. Let her know dre r ways she can reduce the way u make fone call to ur friend.

Her marriage is wot she makes it. Women r the architects of their homes. They can make it or mar it. Let her realise all these. Let her know she can learn from dayo's wife.

I pray God helps u both!

4 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by SisiKill1: 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
I am not sure what kinda advice to give OP...on one hand, his wife's need for his attention is understandable, on the other hand I would flip out too if someone gave me an ultimatum on something. So amma leave the advice giving to the more experienced in matters like this.

I do however have some concerns. . .what do people mean when they say "You should even thank God he is not out late with his friend". Why should she even thank God her husband isn't behaving like an immature frat boy?!! If she married a frat boy, knowing what he is capable of doing and he surprises her by not doing that....then I understand the need to be all grateful to God for her luck.

She married a man, who must have know what responsibilities comes with being a husband, a man who understands what you did as a single man...the late night keeping, the being gone for days on end etc will have to come to an end...he understood this and that's why he got married. So why should we suddenly start thanking God and handing out YOU ARE THE BEST badges to people for acting right?!!

Please enough with statements like that....be it about male or female because we are inadvertently giving people the green card to behave badly. What? I didn't cook? You should be happy I even entered the kitchen. So what if I don't help with the children...you should even be happy I notice the kids...where does it end?!!
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by menme: 3:51pm On Apr 02, 2013
dayokanu: Thats the thing when you are married

You cant talk or hang out with your friends that must mean you are sleeping with them. You must not talk too much with your family too much else it means you are phoccking your parents, you must not talk too much with your neighbors else you are nyanshing them, must not watch TV too much not use phone too much, not use computer too much else you are cheating, if you go to work too much you are phocking your oga or colleague

Try adjust your life, Just sleep wake up go to work and look her in the face 24hrs daily at least that would make her happy

Marriage is for men to make women happy without consideration for whatever makes the man happy. You wonder why men still die before women

All your friends contribution to her passing the PLAB is inconsequential, Maybe she should have rejected the help and banned the friendship when she was getting those help

Sarcasm at its best!
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by menme: 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
ileobatojo:

Step 2: Move in with Dayo. Finally! tongue
Step 3: Conspire to chase out Dayo's wife.
Step 4: Live happily ever after.

cheesy cheesy

cheesy youre a clown!
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill I am not sure what kinda advice to give OP...on one hand, his wife's need for his attention is understandable, on the other hand I would flip out too if someone gave me an ultimatum on something. So amma leave the advice giving to the more experienced in matters like this.

I do however have some concerns. . .what do people mean when they say "You should even thank God he is not out late with his friend". Why should she even thank God her husband isn't behaving like an immature frat boy?!! If she married a frat boy, knowing what he is capable of doing and he surprises her by not doing that....then I understand the need to be all grateful to God for her luck.

She married a man, who must have know what responsibilities comes with being a husband, a man who understands what you did as a single man...the late night keeping, the being gone for days on end etc will have to come to an end...he understood this and that's why he got married. So why should we suddenly start thanking God and handing out YOU ARE THE BEST badges to people for acting right?!! [/b]

So u r saying a man will stop all ds attitude immediately he gets married shocked shocked
You are a joker! If a woman could put up with late night crawling, hanging out with friends, talking to friend on fone for only God know how many hours etc during courtship, she shld be ready to live with it for the rest of her life. These situations can only change if the man is willing to change, God takes control or the woman performs extra ordinary wonders on the man (i mean by being superb with her character).
After all she noticed all ds before dey got married and if she needs attention, dre are better ways to get dat not to break the rship btw friend becos of her selfishness. Like some pple said, if anythg bad happened to dat guy , God forbids in dat country, do u think ds woman alone can be of help? Nothings stops her from putting her head on husband laps while he is on d fone wit his friend, from dre she moves to d next level . Nobody wil tell oga to drop d fone. Other times she may even engage in d conversation, from dre she get used to d call since she knows dey are only friends.
Abeg women too dey attach sentiments to trivial issues
If his friend ddnt help him to the UK, wuld she ever meet d man?

Please enough with statements like that....be it about male or female because we are inadvertently giving people the green card to behave badly. What? I didn't cook? You should be happy I even entered the kitchen. So what if I don't help with the children...you should even be happy I notice the kids...where does it end?!![/quote]

2 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by zeefa: 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
nikkykay: Sisi_Kill I am not sure what kinda advice to give OP...on one hand, his wife's need for his attention is understandable, on the other hand I would flip out too if someone gave me an ultimatum on something. So amma leave the advice giving to the more experienced in matters like this.

She married a man, who must have know what responsibilities comes with being a husband, a man who understands what you did as a single man...the late night keeping, the being gone for days on end etc will have to come to an end...he understood this and that's why he got married. So why should we suddenly start thanking God and handing out YOU ARE THE BEST badges to people for acting right?!! [/b]

So u r saying a man will stop all ds attitude immediately he gets married shocked shocked
You are a joker! If a woman could put up with late night crawling, hanging out with friends, talking to friend on fone for only God know how many hours etc during courtship, she shld be ready to live with it for the rest of her life. These situations can only change if the man is willing to change, God takes control or the woman performs extra ordinary wonders on the man (i mean by being superb with her character).
After all she noticed all ds before dey got married and if she needs attention, dre are better ways to get dat not to break the rship btw friend becos of her selfishness. Like some pple said, if anythg bad happened to dat guy , God forbids in dat country, do u think ds woman alone can be of help? Nothings stops her from putting her head on husband laps while he is on d fone wit his friend, from dre she moves to d next level . Nobody wil tell oga to drop d fone. Other times she may even engage in d conversation, from dre she get used to d call since she knows dey are only friends.

Please enough with statements like that....be it about male or female because we are inadvertently giving people the green card to behave badly. What? I didn't cook? You should be happy I even entered the kitchen. So what if I don't help with the children...you should even be happy I notice the kids...where does it end?!!

Gud points thank!
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by zeefa: 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
nikkykay: Sisi_Kill I am not sure what kinda advice to give OP...on one hand, his wife's need for his attention is understandable, on the other hand I would flip out too if someone gave me an ultimatum on something. So amma leave the advice giving to the more experienced in matters like this.

Gud points thanks!
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by sunnyt1(m): 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
When your partner sees divorce as an option, and even threatens you with it, I shouldn’t say it, but it takes the grace of God for the marriage to last the test of time. The fact is, so many mountains and valleys will still show up later in the marriage, doesn’t this mean divorce might be a weapon this partner would use to have her way? Is she frm a broken home?

Then, as a matured married man, you should be able to strike a balance between your immediate family and your bosom friends, I’m not saying you should shut down every other person but when you are married, your wife should be your first and best friend. In fact, it’s not advisable to marry someone who doesn’t see you as a topmost priority, dude, you are making your wife feel like an option, and your life should revolve around your wife (and vice versa). She is all you will ever live for, every other person will leave, including your so-much-loved children, your wife will be there with you from the very moment you asked her out till death.

Guy, sit your wife down, tell her you are regrettably sorry and make her understand how enthusiastic you are about her and how you wish to have a happy home with her. It’s never too late to start a new life, it’s time to be a married man.

1 Like

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by SisiKill1: 5:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
@ nikkykay
So bottom line - Get married expecting the worst and thank God when you get...the normal?!!

Is this what people do. . .approach marriage with this kinda defeatist mindset?!

God help us!

By the way, I don't think you understood my point.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Beetle: 6:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
@ Nikkykay do you really mean that ' Thank God he's not out hanging out with his friends every night'

So these are some of the qualities you look for in a man. What happened to going for the best. Some of the comments on Nairaland never ceases to amaze me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Rejects Father After Abandoning Him Since He Was 2 Years Old / Twins Adorably Recreate Childhood Photo From 20 Years Ago / Girl Being Breastfed By Her Mum In Taraba After In Viral Photo Has Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.