Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:50 PM

Noisy Places Of Worship - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Noisy Places Of Worship (4405 Views)

How Many Times Do They Collect Offerings In Your Place Of Worship? / Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by Builder: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2008
This useless cults so-called churches and mosques are run by crooks, criminals and perverts, im very surprised by some of the answers or solutions given in this thread that the poster should move away from the area, what gave this useless cults the audacity to disturb a residential environment with their nosensical, Ludicrous, ridiculous and outlandish messages or noise-pollution. Shame, out of desperation many innocent and hard-working nigerians are patronising and been brain-washed by these lunatics and perverts into surrendering their hard-earned moneywhile they wallow in poverty and self-pity
It isnt not just their criminality that bothers me, but the noise pollution they release, at times i do wonder weather the holy books they proclaim to abide by preach nothing about been considerate, understanding, thoughtful towards their fellow human beings. I just hope and pray these residential areas they invade have the balls to confront this fools about their anti-social behaviour, or betterstill, the government should come up with a criminally related anti-social behaviour which should include this so-called cult houses emphasing noise polltuion as a theme. Dont get me wrong im up for freedom of expression and freedom to practice ur shit, but if it deprives others of their liberty and right to a decent lifestyle then trouble looms
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by Uche2nna(m): 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2008
his_grace:

Poster

May your di ck bend go one side when next you insert it inside any pu ssy.

Ehhhmmm, not to be in ur biziness, mate but are u sure u are in the right thread undecided
U might wanna re check the title of the thread before posting.
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by Builder: 9:48pm On Apr 01, 2008
@his grace,

i bet u get that from your cult aka religion
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by Ajebota(f): 12:55am On Apr 02, 2008
I feel your pain. An elderly relative of mine(72 yr old widow o) had lived in her house for 34 yrs before a church moved into the plot in front of her's. After talking to the pastor of the church all he could do was reign abuses her way and ask holy ghost fire to consume her. Of course soon after his foolishness his eldest son died. Go figure. However, till this very day they still make loud unbearable noise 24/7. Foolish people! What they are doing is not Christian at all.

In your case, you would be lucky if they listened to your complaints. Only the grace of God will make them stop. i wish you good luck but dont expect any favours from them!
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 02, 2008
My own cousin took matters into his hands and demolished the "the place of worship" and the loudspeakers mounted towards his window.
There's no telling what accumulated sleepless nights can do to a hot blooded unemployed graduate.
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:38am On Apr 02, 2008
@FRIZY

I am impressed by the way you choose to answer questions asked of you. I must say I have little doubt in my mind that you have read the book [/i]confusing with statistics[i] because you use tactical means to answer questions ignoring other factors that apply. Is church services really a cause of public disturbance? absolutely not. In Nigeria, there are billions of other factors that are more prevalent. I think, your opinion about churches being a disturbance is prematurely limited, given the fact that your in Cairo, Egypt - a country that is predominantly Muslim. How many churches do you have to draw a reasonable conclusion. With that said, I will like to say that religious and worship centers in Nigeria have become public nuisance. Having a worship center in a residential area is unacceptable. I remember O.A.U quarters, having not just a Mosque but also a High court and right outside the fence a church. Although the high court created the most of the public disorder ( mini riots), very few complained about it it, but rather people went about complaining about the Church outside - which had a fully sound proof auditorium - and the mosque. Personally, Religion has be taken to far, you can spread your religion in more peaceful ways - Jehovah Witnesses  -  without invoking harm upon yourself, or starting up a riot.
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by cemoi: 12:26pm On Apr 02, 2008
It's a pity that naija don degenerate to this level.Na by force to hear their gospel os sermon.The worst part is that nobody says or does anything.
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by tokunbobo(m): 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2008
cemoi:

It's a pity that naija don degenerate to this level.Na by force to hear their gospel os sermon.The worst part is that nobody says or does anything.

As you asked, Its not by force to hear gospel or sermon. What you need to do is turning deaf ears to them. Preaching to you does not mean you should accept Jesus by force, theirs is to evangelise and yours is to say yes or no [i][/i]No be by force. So, there is nothing you can do about gospel or sermon because the rate of these will keep on increasing.
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by bawomolo(m): 3:33pm On Apr 02, 2008
disturbing people with noise won't encourage them to convert to your religion. it's a nuisance. funny how little changes in nigeria with all the holy ghost fire sprayed and emi esu killed
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by WebMonk(m): 3:42pm On Apr 02, 2008
I once had this nuisance of a problem. I'm glad i deployed the solution when i was a rascal. It was on a festive night, i got enough fireworks to start a war, and threw it over the fence! (they were on the other side). The next day they started shouting holy ghost fire on the "rascal". Well, naija style prevailed "fire for fire".

But later i just got used to them. It seems tolerance is now a double edged sword.
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by omooba0(m): 11:20am On Apr 03, 2008
I think the problem has to do with the nature of nigerians,its the nature of an average nigerian to shout over that which he knows little about.We all want to be master of all when we cant even master ourselves.most of these churches know next to nothin about Jesus.They shout because they want to make money.anybody who cares to study the bible should read mattew 6:5-15.
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by just2day: 7:39am On Apr 04, 2008
a. Live with it. If your to afraid to go to the church and tell them ur mind then suck it up and live with it
b. You moved in then u can definitely move out
c. Buy your own set of speakers, face it in the direction of the church and play p-square or d-banj or watever artist that aint gospel
d. Throw a raucous party that spills into the church ground. preferably during their night vigil or maybe even during sunday service. Its called giving back a taste of their own medicine

and my personal favorite

sneak into the church and sabotage the sound system

I see no reason a church or mosque should disturb the peace. Even Jesus avoided as much as possible pissin of the people around him. And I definitely know God is not tone deaf. He can hear u even if ur prayin in ur room with just ur mouth. or maybe am rong
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by emiemi(f): 10:44am On Apr 04, 2008
I would say it's a failure of our government and the society. There ought to be residential areas which would be located differently from the industrial/commercial areas. There is no such thing in our country anymore (in the past, maybe). I can decide to turn my house to a church tomorrow and install mighty speakers to disturb the environs and nooone will hold me, i'm not accountable to anyone for my actions. As much as we seek spirituality, we should also seek peace and serenity. The noise is most times uncalled for. The government has to enact a law to forbid turning residential areas to industrial (the religious institutions have turned to industries embarassed) areas. Let people live in quietness for once, maybe then we will start to reason correctly as individuals.
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by johnugwu: 11:19am On Apr 04, 2008
all of u that complain of noisy place of worship forget that some of this DJ's use loudspeakers to disturb us with sensual & satanic inspired songs on our street and still no one questions them .
Becareful how u condem the things of GOD
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by JayFK(m): 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2008
johnugwu:

all of u that complain of noisy place of worship forget that some of this DJ's use loudspeakers to disturb us with sensual & satanic inspired songs on our street and still no one questions them .

Which DJ's?
So disturbing neighborhood peace is a thing of god?
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by omooba0(m): 1:32pm On Apr 04, 2008
Well truely DJs aint absolved from the issue,but one thing is DJs aint common in residential area.And think of it how will OJUELEGBA look like without DJs,or IDUMOTA sound like without music,believe me computer village would be commercially borin without them.
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by dee02(m): 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2008
johnugwu:

It is true that DJ's make a public nuisance of themselves but then i don't think God would condone noisey twats with no percent of respect for others

My guy be careful how you incorporate God with wrong and irresponsible behaviours.  grin

The Lord wont condone it and you know, if you have an imam speak to him to respect others, if you have a pastor tell him to chill the f*ck out and if you r a msquerade follower, tell them to put up or shut it!
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by johnugwu: 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2008
pls dont use insultive words on this forum or else i will not contribute again.
i know that u are short sighted tyhat is why u support DJs and abuse the place of worship tongue tongue
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by johnugwu: 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2008
pls dont use insultive words on this forum or else i will not contribute again.
i know that u are short sighted that is why u support DJs and abuse the place of worship tongue tongue
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2008
Nigerians like noise, period.
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by MP007(m): 6:02am On Apr 05, 2008
call the police,
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by dee02(m): 9:51pm On Apr 05, 2008
johnugwu:

please don't use insultive words on this forum or else i will not contribute again.
i know that u are short sighted tyhat is why u support DJs and abuse the place of worship tongue tongue

you have issues my guy and they are attached to a dangote trailer!
what has short sightedness got to do with DJ's and abuse in the place of worship?
if you don't come to this forum, no one would miss a dime of you, so make up your mind and leave with your decision
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by florababy2(f): 12:03am On Apr 06, 2008
if u cannot beat them,join them
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by bawomolo(m): 2:59am On Apr 06, 2008
if u cannot beat them,join them

does this include nigerian armed robbers and politicians
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by gibby(m): 8:11pm On Apr 07, 2008
as a result of the ever increasing noise 16 churches and 1 mosque has been sealed in lagos says ray power news today! tongue

just imagine cool
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by Mosetra(f): 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2008
This issue tire me o!!! The noise gets really annoying when after a terrible week you plan to rest very well and there are atleast 5 churches holding vigils around you! Really frustrating!!! Even though i attend Christ Embassy, I want to say in all objectivity that Pentecostal Churches are more guilty of the sin of noise pollution. It's really sad!!! Something needs to be done by us - and very drastically too!!! The noise pollution to me is bad but what i find very difficult to forgive is all those camp meetings along Lagos-Ibadan expressway christians use in causing serious traffic problems for people who travell along the road when they are unfortunate to travel when these our brethrens are having crusades, congresses or confrences. It has come to a stage that people schedule their journeys before or after these events to avoid travelling for two days for a journey that shouldn't take 6 hours! What beats me most is the fact that some of our pastors judge the success of these programmes by the length of hours people get stuck on the roads due to the number of cars that came for the progs and had to pack on the express way!!!! Can u imagine!!!! The Jesus I know was not and is not like that. Maybe we all have a responsibility of speaking out on behalf of others in our churches!!! They will listen one day!!! Or better still - in solidarity with our offended brethren especially the muslims - make we contribute offering again until they change. Haba!!!! grin
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by Mosetra(f): 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2008
sorry!!! I meant to say we shouldn't give offerings until things change for the better. I am not sure if that mistake came from me or if "someone" is up to some mischief by removing the "no" in that sentence cos twas actually written in pidgin. Ok o!!! God dey
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by JayFK(m): 6:14pm On Apr 08, 2008
Mosetra:

This issue tire me o!!! The noise gets really annoying when after a terrible week you plan to rest very well and there are atleast 5 churches holding vigils around you! Really frustrating!!! Even though i attend Christ Embassy, I want to say in all objectivity that Pentecostal Churches are more guilty of the sin of noise pollution. It's really sad!!! Something needs to be done by us - and very drastically too!!! The noise pollution to me is bad but what i find very difficult to forgive is all those camp meetings along Lagos-Ibadan expressway christians use in causing serious traffic problems for people who travell along the road when they are unfortunate to travel when these our brethrens are having crusades, congresses or confrences. It has come to a stage that people schedule their journeys before or after these events to avoid travelling for two days for a journey that shouldn't take 6 hours! What beats me most is the fact that some of our pastors judge the success of these programmes by the length of hours people get stuck on the roads due to the number of cars that came for the progs and had to pack on the express way!!!! Can u imagine!!!! The Jesus I know was not and is not like that. Maybe we all have a responsibility of speaking out on behalf of others in our churches!!! They will listen one day!!! Or better still - in solidarity with our offended brethren especially the great ones - make we contribute offering again until they change. Haba!!!! grin

I have to say though, Anglican and Catholic churches tend to be well built. Pentecostal churches are the ones disturbing the peace, since anybody can just wake up and start one.
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by davodic: 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2008
yes ma bros.tell dem let them hear.at time i wonder is it cars,or dresses they put on that makes dem come to church.just to flash or get attract.na waaaooooo,make we fellow the right part,at lest commercial buses dey there,thank God for BRT bus.and big thanks for our lag goverment.
Re: Noisy Places Of Worship by N101: 10:51pm On May 25, 2011
A further sign of the breakdown of law and order in the country. What gets me is often the churches and mosques keeping the most noise aren't big buildings, they are about the size of a family home.

Once I heard this other-world sound coming from a mosque, the sound was distorted and scary. When I went past there were about 5 people in there, even though I could hear it clearly a couple of miles away (obviously the sound man wasn't around!) late in the evening. One night I'm getting ready to doze off, next thing I hear "alleluia!" like five times and I jump - it sounds like the person is in the compound! Turns out that a nearby church were having their all night vigil. Why have an all-night vigil with the volume at full blast at 2am in the morning?

These so-called churches have no respect for God and even less for the neighbourhood they are in. Or maybe they can't hear from God if the volume isn't going full blast.

(1) (2) (Reply)

God And Natural Disaters / What's Your Take On Divorce? / A Muslim Woman Embarrassed Me For Eating With My Left Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.