Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,052 members, 7,890,467 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:27 PM

As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) (1043 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / RCCG Invite You All To December Holy Ghost Congress 2010, Jesus welcome you (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 11:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
08/06/2010

AS LONG AS I HAVE BREATH (HOLY SPIRIT)

Then the lord God formed man from dust of the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils and the man became a living being.
Genesis 2:7

As long as I have breath in my nostrils, I would still believe in the lord, as long as I have breath in my lungs I will still live for Him and even when it does not pay any longer to trust Him, as long as I have breath I will still have faith in Him.
When the world turns upside down and the believe system of the world changes, as long as I have breath, I will still trust in the lord, I will still believe in Him. When wickedness reigns and men esteem evil and ridicule the righteous, as long as I have breath I will still have faith in my God. When the devil seems to have taken over and rule in the heart of everyone I come across, as long I have breath I will never deny my father.

When it is no longer appealing to go to church because the fire had gone out and those that are the leaders in the church seems to have lost focus and have new God and new Christ, as long as I have breath in my nostrils, I will still remain in love with my God. When the whole world seems to be on my neck and nothing seems to be working in my life, as long as I have breath I will still hold on to my Jesus.

When I am constantly tried by the agent of the devil and no matter how hard I prayed and fasted it still remains, as long as I have breath in my nostrils I will still believe, pray and fast more till He turns His face to me. If it no longer pays to be a Christian and unbelievers seems to take over everything, and the so called Christians around me are all hypocrites, as long as I have breath, I will still be a Christian.

When it seems the bible is not all that true and everyone around me seems to live as if the bible is a joke, as long as I have breath I will still believe in Him. When it is generally accepted that that there is no Hell, so while waste your life living for God, as long as I have breath in my nostrils I will still live right and believe in God, when all I see around is saying differently from what the bible says, as long as I have breath, I will not set my eyes on what I see but what the bible says and what I have come to believe. When I have no friends in the world and everyone seems to avoid me like a plague because of the life that is in me, as long as I have breath I will still live, move and act by the Holy Spirit.

When evangelism is no longer popular and even everyone I preach to seems to have a different spirit, and it seems no one wants to accept Christ and those that claim to have accepted Him seems to have a different spirit, as long as I have breath in my nostrils I will continue to win souls for Christ. When there is no food to eat and no one seems to be concerned, as long as I have breath in my nostrils I will fast and wait on God till He provides. When I fast and pray and grow skinny, yet my circumstances seems to remain the same, as long as I have breath in my nostrils I will continue to fast and pray till I hear from God and He changes my circumstances for the better.

When it seems the more I move closer to God and forsake the world, the more the devil and his cohort attack, as long as I have breath in my nostrils I will move closer to God and wait for His deliverance. When it seems that I am stubborn and a fool for unreasonably believing in God, as long as I have breath in my nostrils I will remain stubborn and a fool and still believing In God. when it seems there is no reason believing in God any longer and it seems as if God Himself is not concerned any more, as long as I have breath I will still believe in God till He turns His face to me, for He shall definitely speak and not lie, though He tarry I will wait for Him and though He slay me I will wait for Him. As long as I have breath, I will have faith in my God till He shall come with the sound of trumpets and with the saints, and I will rise to meet Him in the air and be with Him and reign with Him FOREVER AND EVER. AS LONG AS I HAVE THE BREATH OF THE HOLY GHOST IN ME, I WILL BELIEVE THIS WITH ALL OF ME.

ENDTIME REVIVAL MINISTRY

1 Like

Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by wazobiaforu(m): 11:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ok
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 8:51am On Mar 28, 2013
wazobia_for_u: Ok

There is a spirit in man, d inspiration of d almighty giveth him understanding!
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
This is a personal testimony
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 10:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
This is my story, this is my song!
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 6:52am On Aug 02, 2013
I still have joy after all I've been through, I still have JOY.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by Emusan(m): 9:56am On Aug 02, 2013
Nice one, the word of God 'Bible' is the genesis to understand our universe.

Scientist have searched the land, oceans, air even now to space just to find origin of life thought LIFE is a cell. The big question is, is LIFE really a cell?
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
Emusan: Nice one, the word of God 'Bible' is the genesis to understand our universe.

Scientist have searched the land, oceans, air even now to space just to find origin of life thought LIFE is a cell. The big question is, is LIFE really a cell?

All we need to know about life is contained in the bible, science is only trying to catch up with the bible.

The bible clearly state our life came from the spirit of God, whatever science says is never right if its not according to the word of God.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by UyiIredia(m): 10:04am On Aug 03, 2013
@ OP: Please give a concise definition of the Holy Ghost. Do you think the Holy Ghost is absolutely necessary to believe in God ? Finally, what do you think of a proposal that what Christians term the Holy Ghost is in fact, the mind of an individual.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by Yooguyz: 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ OP: Please give a concise definition of the Holy Ghost. Do you think the Holy Ghost is absolutely necessary to believe in God ? Finally, what do you think of a proposal that what Christians term the Holy Ghost is in fact, the mind of an individual.
wow! "what christians term the holyghost is in fact, the mind of an individual" i don't know why, but comments like this irritate me, they usually from people who claim to itellectuals, but yet they don't know anything. People who claim to be sensible but yet they can even use a simply common sense.
If prophet T.B.Joshua were speaking his mind under the guise of the holy ghost, then that means his mind is "made of Gold."
keep deluding yourself Uyi Iredia sooner or later your delusions will start catching up with you. Mtcheeew.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by FearGodAndLive: 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
Yooguyz:
wow! "what christians term the holyghost is in fact, the mind of an individual" i don't know why, but comments like this irritate me, they usually from people who claim to itellectuals, but yet they don't know anything. People who claim to be sensible but yet they can even use a simply common sense.
If prophet T.B.Joshua were speaking his mind under the guise of the holy ghost, then that means his mind is "made of Gold."
keep deluding yourself Uyi Iredia sooner or later your delusions will start catching up with you. Mtcheeew.
This is no way to reply an honest question. It seems the tension within this section gets to everyone; most seem eager for a fight.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by FearGodAndLive: 2:03pm On Aug 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ OP: Please give a concise definition of the Holy Ghost. Do you think the Holy Ghost is absolutely necessary to believe in God ? Finally, what do you think of a proposal that what Christians term the Holy Ghost is in fact, the mind of an individual.
Good day Uyi,

First off, I'd like to commend you for the manner in which you have laid out these points.

Give me a short time to respond to your posts as best as I can.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by Yooguyz: 2:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
FearGodAndLive:
This is no way to reply an honest question. It seems the tension within this section gets to everyone; most seem eager for a fight.
honest question? Is that what you think? Dude many athiests don't ask honest questions. They ask questions in order to look for an avenue to criticize.
Believe you me, i have tried the gentleman approach, but its not working at all.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by Emusan(m): 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
Nice one Uyi!

Uyi Iredia: @ OP: Please give a concise definition of the Holy Ghost.

With Biblical view Holyspirit is the real spirit of God, the 'Holy' in front signifys the purity of God that make it different from other spirit because there're many spirit in the world from Satan.

Do you think the Holy Ghost is absolutely necessary to believe in God?

Yes! Even if someone accept Jesus at last breath Holyspirit must perfecteth the work within short time before the person's work will be accepted.

And as a living Christian (people that have accepted Christ into their life and still alive) Holyspirit is a great evidence to prove that God really exists. Majority of Christians who has fall on the way I believe they don't have the real encounter with Holyspirit. If not, no one will ever experience the presence of the Holyspirit and deny the existence of Jesus. I'm a living witness, is not imagination at all.

Finally, what do you think of a proposal that what Christians term the Holy Ghost is in fact, the mind of an individual.

No I disagree with you. Holyspirit is a seperate being which you can ask His presence to come on you.

You can see Him, you feel His presence, He can talk to you one on one, infact He's a great comforter. Only those who hasn't experience His presence that think Christianity is just to believe in reading Bible like other books.

Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2013

Emusan has done justice to it, but just to buttress his point.

U said a concise definition, the Holy Spirit is simply the Spirit of God. But to add, we also have our own individual spirits which is different from that of God. God created us a 3 dimensional being, If u desire to know more check out my thread Man a 3 dimensional being.
We contact the spirit realm with our spirit, the intellectual realm with our soul and the physical realm with our body.

The holy Ghost is absolutely necessary to accept Jesus, the bible says no one can say Jesus is Lord without the spirit. You become n remain a xtian by the Spirit, for the bible also says anyone that does not have the spirit of Christ in him is none of His.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by UyiIredia(m): 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
FearGodAndLive:

Rightly said. I will try not to be eager for a fight.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 7:44pm On Aug 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Have u seen the thread? I have put it up again 'cos of u.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 7:44pm On Aug 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Have u seen the thread, Man a three dimensional being? I have put it up again 'cos of u.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by UyiIredia(m): 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
Yooguyz:
wow! "what christians term the holyghost is in fact, the mind of an individual" i don't know why, but comments like this irritate me, they usually from people who claim to intellectuals, but yet they don't know anything. People who claim to be sensible but yet they can even use a simply common sense.

Okay. My delusions caught up to me, at a point overwhelmed me but I have conquered them and I hope it remains that way. Apparently, you dislike the idea that the Holy Spirit isn't the mind of man: that denotes that you will disagree with my conception of God.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by UyiIredia(m): 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Have u seen the thread? I have put it up again 'cos of u.

Okay sir. I will check it out later but want to state my take on the Holy Spirit.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Okay sir. I will check it out later but want to state my take on the Holy Spirit.

kk, I am all ears!
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by superior1: 9:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

U said a concise definition, the Holy Spirit is simply the Spirit of God. But to add, we also have our own individual spirits which is different from that of God. God created us a 3 dimensional being, If u desire to know more check out my thread Man a 3 dimensional being.
We contact the spirit realm with our spirit, the intellectual realm with our soul and the physical realm with our body.

The holy Ghost is absolutely necessary to accept Jesus, the bible says no one can say Jesus is Lord without the spirit. You become n remain a xtian by the Spirit, for the bible also says anyone that does not have the spirit of Christ in him is none of His.

Is it possible for you to write Christian (instead of xtian)?. Like Christmas (written xmas). canceling Christ (it is something you want cancel, you mark X) in CHRISTian, CHRISTmas originates from people who celebrates black easter and black sabbath (i only hope you know who they).
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by UyiIredia(m): 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
Emusan: Nice one Uyi!

With Biblical view Holyspirit is the real spirit of God, the 'Holy' in front signifys the purity of God that make it different from other spirit because there're many spirit in the world from Satan.

Yes! Even if someone accept Jesus at last breath Holyspirit must perfecteth the work within short time before the person's work will be accepted.

And as a living Christian (people that have accepted Christ into their life and still alive) Holyspirit is a great evidence to prove that God really exists. Majority of Christians who has fall on the way I believe they don't have the real encounter with Holyspirit. If not, no one will ever experience the presence of the Holyspirit and deny the existence of Jesus. I'm a living witness, is not imagination at all.

No I disagree with you. Holyspirit is a seperate being which you can ask His presence to come on you.

You can see Him, you feel His presence, He can talk to you one on one, infact He's a great comforter. Only those who hasn't experience His presence that think Christianity is just to believe in reading Bible like other books.

Shalom!

Okay. I get you clear moreso since I was brought up a Christian. Now the purpose of my question was to see if I could wed the Christian concept of the Holy Spirit to my present take on God, and by extension see if a return to Christianity is feasible. I think it unlikely though. As a Christian, I understood the Holy Spirit to be the inner voice, or inner witness that confirms your salvation, the voice of conscience you hear that says this is wrong, this is right, or do this or that. This supposedly comes when a person accepts the faith. I reject it for these reasons:

I now take this voice (ie Holy Spirit) to be a God-given will of man that exists irrespective of any religion or philosophy. WRT my statement you differ to, it is a God-given mind which is applicable in any direction. I see them as 2 sides of a coin. Apparently they are 2 seperate entities (2 coins) to you.

That this voice of conscience, or inner voice which relates to one's ego exists in all men whether or not a Christian. Moreso, since men understood a God before Christ, even in the Bible that the patriachs and other followed God before Christ even while being pagans of sorts which I infer from Laban's search of idols. Or the reply of Pharaoh whom Josiah fought to his demise whom God sent.

I am skeptical of the unforgivable sin which fatally condemns people who blaspheme (insult) the Holy Spirit.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by UyiIredia(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

The spirit realm is where God and his angels reside, which operates according to immutable laws God set and is revealed in His Word. The Holy Spirit is a person of the Trinity (The Spirit of God Himself) who enters a human upon conversion to Christ and reveals to such what is hidden in the Bible and how to live the Christian life. If there is any error in this do point it out.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by Emusan(m): 12:41am On Aug 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Okay. I get you clear moreso since I was brought up a Christian. Now the purpose of my question was to see if I could wed the Christian concept of the Holy Spirit to my present take on God, and by extension see if a return to Christianity is feasible. I think it unlikely though. As a Christian, I understood the Holy Spirit to be the inner voice, or inner witness that confirms your salvation, the voice of conscience you hear that says this is wrong, this is right, or do this or that. This supposedly comes when a person accepts the faith. I reject it for these reasons:

I now take this voice (ie Holy Spirit) to be a God-given will of man that exists irrespective of any religion or philosophy. WRT my statement you differ to, it is a God-given mind which is applicable in any direction. I see them as 2 sides of a coin. Apparently they are 2 seperate entities (2 coins) to you.

That this voice of conscience, or inner voice which relates to one's ego exists in all men whether or not a Christian. Moreso, since men understood a God before Christ, even in the Bible that the patriachs and other followed God before Christ even while being pagans of sorts which I infer from Laban's search of idols. Or the reply of Pharaoh whom Josiah fought to his demise whom God sent.

I am skeptical of the unforgivable sin which fatally condemns people who blaspheme (insult) the Holy Spirit.

I usually see your stance on this religion section for God but I sense something inwhich I intend to send a PM to you which you have made mention of here.

Like what @Tolu has said, human's spirit operates with spiritual realm. This is a spirit given to all human being direct from God Gen 2:7. Another point is every spirit include God's Spirit have MIND(conscience).

But Holyspirit in other hands is a seperate Spirit from God, before someone will feel the presence of the Holyspirit an external force will envelop the person(you'll feel the direction always at the door), means Holyspirit is not residing in our body until we invite Him into our own spirit after we have washed our spirit to meet with His through the Blood of the Lamb. This is what I call personal encounter with God. So if a Christian can take his/her time to have this personal encounter I believe he/she will ever compromise his/her faith.

About my PM I will still send it.

Shalom!
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
superior1:

Is it possible for you to write Christian (instead of xtian)?. Like Christmas (written xmas). canceling Christ (it is something you want cancel, you mark X) in CHRISTian, CHRISTmas originates from people who celebrates black easter and black sabbath (i only hope you know who they).

Noted sir
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

The spirit realm is where God and his angels reside, which operates according to immutable laws God set and is revealed in His Word. The Holy Spirit is a person of the Trinity (The Spirit of God Himself) who enters a human upon conversion to Christ and reveals to such what is hidden in the Bible and how to live the Christian life. If there is any error in this do point it out.

No error, just to add to the spirit realm. The spirit realm is not just where God and the angels resides and where His laws are set. It is where all the spirits (both good and bad) resides and where spiritual laws are set. Even God do not bypass this laws, i believe this will be a discussion for some other time.
Re: As Long As I Have Breath (Holy Ghost) by PastorOluT(m): 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
Though I am hard pressed on every side I am not crushed, persecuted not abandoned, cast down but not destroyed. For I bear daily on my body the death of Christ so that His life would be manifested in me. For though outwardly I perish but inwardly I am being renewed day by day. For my light affliction and momentary trouble works for me far eternal glory. For I set my eyes not on what is seen but what is unseen, for what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is eternal.

(1) (Reply)

Former ‘satanic Drag Queen’ Turns To Love Of Christ, Receives Hate From Homosexu / A Warning To God. / Catholic Faithful: was the " sign of peace" observed today during mass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.