Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,301 members, 7,940,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:28 PM

Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? (32308 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
luvmijeje:
What are the probability of her meeting someone else that has the same attributes as his current boo.
Arguably God himself love us with a reason not to talk of us-human.
i had hoped no one would bring the God factor into this but since you have, lets talk about it.
God has absolutely no reason to love. We are imperfect at best, sinners, rotten to the core and yet he loves us still. That's unconditional love my dear...what the Greeks call Agape that you and some think doesn't exist. Maybe with man it doesn't, but with God utter sure as hell does.

Lets not mar the perfections that love requires with our shortcomings as man. No one expects us to be perfect but don't make imperfection the new definition of perfect.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by luvmijeje(f): 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle:
i had hoped no one would bring the God factor into this but since you have, lets talk about it.
God has absolutely no reason to love. We are imperfect at best, sinners, rotten to the core and yet he loves us still. That's unconditional love my dear...what the Greeks call Agape that you and some think doesn't exist. Maybe with man it doesn't, but with God utter sure as hell does.

Lets not mar the perfections that love requires with our shortcomings as man. No one expects us to be perfect but don't make imperfection the new definition of perfect.
Why did God give us power to have dominion over other animals and not the other way round? Is it not becos we are created in his image? Is that unconditional?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
There is no rule that says you must have a romantic relationship with someone you love. That's why i say love can be for no reason at all.
I met a guy whom i fell heads over heels for. I got attracted to his personality and this crazy aura around him, but when i got close enough i could pinpoint a hundred and one things i didn't like about his attitude. I wouldn't date him for that reason alone but it still didn't take the fact that i love him away.
I can't suddenly hate him cos i got disappointed. I still love being around him and everything else that our love entails.
It doesn't change the fact that I'd do almost anything for him.
See my point here? Being in love does not guarantee being or staying together. Our conditions limits whether we stay or not, but our heart still yearns for a miraculous change so we can be together again. That yearning us what love brings about.
They are mutually exclusive my dears smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by luvmijeje(f): 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle: There is no rule that says you must have a romantic relationship with someone you love. That's why i say love can be for no reason at all.
I met a guy whom i fell heads over heels for. I got attracted to his personality and this crazy aura around him, but when i got close enough i could pinpoint a hundred and one things i didn't like about his attitude. I wouldn't date him for that reason alone but it still didn't take the fact that i love him away.
I can't suddenly hate him cos i got disappointed. I still love being around him and everything else that our love entails.
It doesn't change the fact that I'd do almost anything for him.
See my point here? Being in love does not guarantee being or staying together. Our conditions limits whether we stay or not, but our heart still yearns for a miraculous change so we can be together again. That yearning us what love brings about.
They are mutually exclusive my dears smiley
Uju am in total agreemet with this.Love is not the only ingredient that will make a relationship sucessful.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
luvmijeje:
Why did God give us power to have dominion over other animals and not the other way round? Is it not becos we are created in his image? Is that unconditional?
explain how this is conditional love again??
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by luvmijeje(f): 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle:
explain how this is conditional love again??
It is conditional becos there was a reason and the reason is becos we are created in his image.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by bright87: 4:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
luvmijeje:
It is conditional becos there was a reason and the reason is becos we are created in his image.
I truly don't think God's love is conditional, if it were to be conditional many of us would be dead by now. He loves us even while we were yet sinners.. I don't think it's conditional..
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
Don't you people get tired?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
luvmijeje:
you don't seem too conversant with your bible. Everything that was created was made for God's pleasure; man and beast alike.
That you've been given dominion and placed just a little lower than the angels is a privilege dear and not a reason to love.
Contrary to your belief, we've given God reasons enough to hate man and yet he gave his son to die for us. Isn't that why we're celebrating Easter again? God's unconditional love??
If we bring in your 'reason' factor here, he would be justified in wiping off the human race cos a good 90p of our actions aren't giving him pleasure smiley.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by luvmijeje(f): 6:25pm On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle:
you don't seem too conversant with your bible. Everything that was created was made for God's pleasure; man and beast alike.
That you've been given dominion and placed just a little lower than the angels is a privilege dear and not a reason to love.
Contrary to your belief, we've given God reasons enough to hate man and yet he gave his son to die for us. Isn't that why we're celebrating Easter again? God's unconditional love??
If we bring in your 'reason' factor here, he would be justified in wiping off the human race cos a good 90p of our actions aren't giving him pleasure smiley.
Gen 1:26_-end.Does Jesus death means we are all going to make heaven? There is still a condition to it which is Obedience
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
luvmijeje:
Gen 1:26_-end.Does Jesus death means we are all going to make heaven? There is still a condition to it which is Obedience
i hope you don't carry this 'logic' to the religious section, they'd shred you grin.
I'm done here anyway
peace smiley
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by irisblui: 1:09pm On May 28, 2015
How can anyone be so naive to think they can love without a reason? That's not love...Infatuation!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Clichè Lies Nigerian Girls Need To Stop Telling - The Herald / Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" / Is This Why Relationships Are Stressful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.