Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,566 members, 7,911,474 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 11:11 AM

123xyz's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 123xyz's Profile / 123xyz's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Travel / Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 123xyz(m): 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2011
Nigerians are readily welcome in Kenya yet Kenya borders Tanzania in the south. Nigerians are the finest if you ask me (am a Kenyan). SO i think Tanzania has a problem.

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by 123xyz(m): 8:02am On Mar 25, 2011
awa17:

WE HAVE GOOD ACTORS/ACTRESSESS NO DOUBT, MY MAIN HEAD ACHE IS THE STORY LINES, I DOUBT IF THE SCRIPT WRITERS/PRODUCERS ARE ACTUALLY LEARNERED/LITRATES; NO SUSPENSE, VERY EMPTY INFACT U FEEL silly AFTER WATCHING SOME. CANT THE  ACTORS PROTEST
ALSO WE NEED MORE VARIETY, AS IN IM TIRED OF SEEING THE SAME FACES ON EVERY MOVIE, AS THE MOST POPULOUS COUNTRY, I FEEL THERE ARE SOME UNTAPPED RESOURCES.
I LIKE NAIJA MOVIES BUT IM ALWAIZ DISAPPOINTED AT THE END OF ALMOST EVERY FILM. AND THEN THE ISSUE OF "WANTING TO BE AMERICAN" JUST DOESNT FIT MOST ACTORS.

KUDOS TO YORUBA MOVIES!!!

WE STILL LOVE THEM THOUGH!

According to you they are still far off, but whatever i know about Nigeria, how people look, behave and relate is from those movies. People outside Africa watch those movies and learn am lot about the whole of Africa.

The next time they step they will take, you will be criticizing them that they have too much violence.
TV/Movies / Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by 123xyz(m): 7:56am On Mar 25, 2011
prince_onx:

Why not first ask if nigerians are pround of Nigeria? u dey talk of actors

If they are not proud of Nigerian actors, how can they be proud of Nigeria. its like living in a posh house and driving a mercedes benz, while your mother languishes in poverty and yet you claim you are proud of her.
TV/Movies / Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by 123xyz(m): 7:47am On Mar 25, 2011
enamaye:

i hope this OP is not one of our nollywood stars here on nairaland, i dey suspect oge okoye or genevieve or omotola.

This does not answer the question, My friend this is neither of those. what would they gain if they did so. am from Kenya.
TV/Movies / Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by 123xyz(m): 7:45am On Mar 25, 2011
Desola:

@ Dream chaser - Thanks for fishing me out, comerade, afterall, it does take one to know one, non? wink

I was not targeting you but if got caught in the mix, figure it out,
TV/Movies / Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by 123xyz(m): 7:43am On Mar 25, 2011
Desola:

At the OP - Listen, Nollywood is not a representative of Nigeria as it merely shows you the customs and traditions of a fraction an ethnic group known as the Igbos.

Yah, you had to bring tribalism into this, in our country even leaders are elected along tribal lines. Maybe its time we accepted that tribalism is in our African blood. That way we will comfortably live just below the poverty line.
TV/Movies / Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by 123xyz(m): 7:42am On Mar 25, 2011
What i believe is, Nollywood has a long way to go, BUT, they have come from far. So why not appreciate what they have done?
TV/Movies / Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by 123xyz(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2011
They represent Africa.
TV/Movies / Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by 123xyz(m): 8:30am On Mar 24, 2011
My name is michael, I live in Nairobi, Kenya in East Africa. I joined nairaland.com at the beginning of this year.

In Kenya nollywood actors and actresses like; Ramsey Nouah, Genevieve Naji, Desmond Elliot, Mercy Johnson, Rita Dominic, Omotola Jolada e.t.c are big names because of their different appearances in nollywood movies, which have a good number of followers in Kenya.

My only concern is since i joined this page i have read a lot of negative comments on most of the above actors and actresses. For example i have read a lot of negative criticism about Stella Damasus Abodelin (who happens to be my favourite).

Is it that this guys have nothing positive? or is it that nigerians have had enough of them? or am i missing something here?
Celebrities / Re: Lets Talk About Stella Damascus Aboderin by 123xyz(m): 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2011
She is my favourite actress in nollywood, i don't know what i see in her.
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Chelsea Sign £50m Torres! by 123xyz(m): 10:45am On Feb 01, 2011
Good Move for Chelsea, at least they won't be beaten by Liverpool again. But thats it.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.