Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,417 members, 7,950,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:37 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1532149 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Manweysabi(m): 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
Ab1x has been banned... I dey feel your input bro!
Till u come back from jail... Lol
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jamp: 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2013
why are they banning people? is it wong to help people online
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omode2(m): 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
ab1x:

You need to make use of coppens at least for 1 and a half month
After which you switch over to local feeds(2mm size). Here is the formula that I used in my farm and I can confirm to you authoritatively that I can boast of fish weighing between 2KG to 2.5KG within four months, 1 week.

FM (Danish) 72% 40
Toasted Soya 20
GNC 20
Indomie or biscuit 20
Premix 1
Lysine 1
Vit C 200grams
DCP 1
Molasis 10
Floxinor 1
Salt 1

Sorry, I don't use maize, cassava flake, koko garri, Wheat offal, rice meal, pKC or what have u.

I used the above formula for 3 and half month after which I change to;

FM (local) 20
Broiler starter 50
GNC 40
TS 40
Flour 30
Indomie 20
Premix 1
Lysine 1
Vit C 150grams
Salt 1
Molasis 10
Floxinor 1

Please note that floxinor is just a kind of antibiotics to prevent them from illness or sicknss so to say.

You must also avoid excess salt because it will reduce the weight of fish since salt itself is medicinal in nature.

Above all, stop using short cut in rearing fish otherwise u will see short cut at selling point. Use the right formula and see the power of right formula. Just my two cents.

@ Ab1x you said its for like 4 months 10 days bt u said coppens 1 and half months then d first local feed 3 and half months then to anoda local wc u did not specify bt its already five months pls clarify. I need your email for personal discussions.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by darfem: 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
Thanks bro, I am about to ask Ab1x the same question.
From the calculation the duration is over five months already.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omode2(m): 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
darfem: Thanks bro, I am about to ask Ab1x the same question.
we were told Ab1x n robonski have been banned (bt nt banished) hope they come bk in good time to do justice 2 ds questions.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
both ab1X and d op had done a great job concerning facts on fish farming.i continue to read this thread in other to rub minds with fellow fishfarmers & agric consultants and in other to assist aspiring fishfarmers.hence concerning d time a fish gets to market size,it depends on d specie & age u bought your fingerlings/juveniles
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omode2(m): 11:39am On Jul 03, 2013
excelsiorfarm: both ab1X and d op had done a great job concerning facts on fish farming.i continue to read this thread in other to rub minds with fellow fishfarmers & agric consultants and in other to assist aspiring fishfarmers.hence concerning d time a fish gets to market size,it depends on d specie & age u bought your fingerlings/juveniles
@ excelsiofarm u must also be given credit for ur immense contributions both in ds thread n in your own "business that wil give you meaningful income flow continually".Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
omode2: @ excelsiofarm u must also be given credit for ur immense contributions both in ds thread n in your own "business that wil give you meaningful income flow continually".Thanks
LET ALL GLORY AND CREDIT BE TO GOD and iam grateful for the commendation, GOD BLESS.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aquatic1(m): 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
CATFISH FARMING SEMINAR
ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES

invites you to a one (1) day full practical seminar on investment opportunities in catfish fingerlings production.

TRAINING OBJECTIVES
1) Catfish Fingerlings production and hatchery management
2)Fish disease control and stress management

TARGETED AUDIENCE
1 Aspiring catfish farmer
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
4 Student
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR
* To see and know how to perform the hatchery on your own
* Free guidelines on catfish fingerlings production
* free testing of your water
* how to extract the male sperm without killing the fish
* how to remove the pituitaries gland from the skull and use to inject
* how to hatch up to 20,000 fries
* free testing of your water pH ( bring your water when coming)
* 10% discount if payment is made
before the date of the seminar

Venue: abeokuta exp way ilepa akokan bus-stop, by oloruntoba estate ifo, ogun state
Time: 10am
Date: saturday 10th august 2013

For enquiry
Visit www.araratnigeria..com
araratnigeria@gmail.com
08053018934, 07089391123 or bb:25F845B8

This is the way ararat nigeria enterprises is helping the intending farmers and establish farmers with a give away price seminar.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:05am On Jul 04, 2013
Good morning house.. I am back and better.. Thanks for all your support.. Ab1x will be unbanned later today..

I am seriously working on something for the benefit of us all to avoid this continual banning of people..

Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jamp: 8:04am On Jul 04, 2013
robonski15: Good morning house.. I am back and better.. Thanks for all your support.. Ab1x will be unbanned later today..

I am seriously working on something for the benefit of us all to avoid this continual banning of people..

Thanks

CAN U TELL US WHAT REALLY HAPPENED
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Immaculate4sure(m): 8:07am On Jul 04, 2013
@robonski welcome back.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:34am On Jul 04, 2013
jamp:

CAN U TELL US WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

Honestly speaking I don't know what I did wrong.. I commented on the question concerning HETOCLARIAS specie and I was banned... Anyways I hope I finish our project on time.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:36am On Jul 04, 2013
Immaculate4sure: @robonski welcome back.

Thanks bro..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nne4(f): 1:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
@robonski15,l have been following your posts and i must thank u and others that are helping people like me to give catfish business a try.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
nne4: @robonski15,l have been following your posts and i must thank u and others that are helping people like me to give catfish business a try.

Thank you too for following, we are all here to assist each other..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by doubleportion: 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
pls robinski help me with the price of fingerlins in Lagos environment.Thanks!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
doubleportion: pls robinski help me with the price of fingerlins in Lagos environment.Thanks!

Prices differ from farm to farm.. Some sell for #10,#8,#7 it all depends on the quality of the seed u are buying...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omode2(m): 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
@robonski welcome bk
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by capability(m): 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
Kudos to everyone that has be making a good post on this topic, especially to robonski, exclessor, aquatic1 and ab1x. Please let me draw our attention to aquatic1 seminar where he mention that there is a way you will extract the male sperm without killing it, how possible is that, robonski did you know anything like that, if its true aquatic1 put me on ur seminar front row, I need this knowledge.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
omode2: @robonski welcome bk

Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
capability: Kudos to everyone that has be making a good post on this topic, especially to robonski, exclessor, aquatic1 and ab1x. Please let me draw our attention to aquatic1 seminar where he mention that there is a way you will extract the male sperm without killing it, how possible is that, robonski did you know anything like that, if its true aquatic1 put me on ur seminar front row, I need this knowledge.

It is very very true.. That's why u have to be on the front row of aquatic1 seminar,coming up next month.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
capability: Kudos to everyone that has be making a good post on this topic, especially to robonski, exclessor, aquatic1 and ab1x. Please let me draw our attention to aquatic1 seminar where he mention that there is a way you will extract the male sperm without killing it, how possible is that, robonski did you know anything like that, if its true aquatic1 put me on ur seminar front row, I need this knowledge.
d info is valid
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aquatic1(m): 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2013

Its a new idea now, it will solve the issue of you getting male spawner outside everytime, and also reduce the stress of male fish without sperm, and you will learn how to use pituitaries gland and save the cost of buying ovaprim everytime.
The seminar is more like free, because its very affordable, and you will gain a lot from it.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by capability(m): 8:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
I just sent u a mail aquatic1, include me for the seminar
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 8:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
Thank God. I've been released from jail. The experience is awesome. Thanks to all for the words of encourgement. May God enlarge our coast. Amen
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2013

It is indeed true. The broodstock(male) will eventually die but it will take a while. It is a very simple method though.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
omode2: @ Ab1x you said its for like 4 months 10 days bt u said coppens 1 and half months then d first local feed 3 and half months then to anoda local wc u did not specify bt its already five months pls clarify. I need your email for personal discussions.
darfem: Thanks bro, I am about to ask Ab1x the same question.

The foreign or floating feeds is just for 1 1/2 month, the local feeds is for the rest of the months that is additional 2 1/2 months, 10 days. Thus, everything amounts to 4 months 10 days.

Mathematically; 1.5 floating plus 2.5 local that is 4 months

Plus additional 10 days

Making 4 months 10 days.

Hope it is clear now?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aquatic1(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
ab1x:

It is indeed true. The broodstock(male) will eventually die but it will take a while. It is a very simple method though.

The male broodstock won't die, what u just said is like the female broodstock will die after stripping the eggs, if you have the ful idea, the male broodstock won't die, and you will re-use it.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
aquatic1:

The male broodstock won't die, what u just said is like the female broodstock will die after stripping the eggs, if you have the ful idea, the male broodstock won't die, and you will re-use it.

I see. The method I used and conversant with, I could remove the sperm while the male fish is alive and it will die later on
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
aquatic1:

It is a very cumbersome process perhaps the method is just like conducting a CS on a woman to bring out the baby and to stitch it back. The chance of getting another sperm is slim. If u stitch it back there is a chance of the broodstock to survive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.