Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,384 members, 7,881,387 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:19 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1512899 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
excelsiorfarm: uche uche , lets evaluate a few things, before daddy & your bro begin to feed with bread, that means that u didn't leave enough feed for d fishes, d fishes will even eat more kitchen waste e.g. Eba, rice e.t.c, but what will give them d optimum growth cannot be inherent in d foodstuff. Before it will be wise to criticise your so called consultant, what was your arrangement & was he/she paid to render your expected services? Uche, d reason why u need to be more attentive to what u do is incase u envisage doing it big in future, abuja is a good place for d biz. Weigh your fishes, if they ain't up to 1kg each in 6 months, sell them. Possible u didn't feed well also

My point exactly!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abafetch: 10:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Thanks sir... I'm not blaming anybody ait now... I ave lost some cash....d fish are still little.. My dad is even usin dem asin dem charity work.. If u visit e will giv u sum 4 u nd family... E said wen dey went 4 peacekeeping in libya e say dem givin der fish bread so e left d food and tout dat will help me save sum money b4 I return bk.. I kne E was tryin to help I wanna kno ma mistakes so it will not repeat 4 d second..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
abafetch: Thanks sir... I'm not blaming anybody ait now... I ave lost some cash....d fish are still little.. My dad is even usin dem asin dem charity work.. If u visit e will giv u sum 4 u nd family... E said wen dey went 4 peacekeeping in libya e say dem givin der fish bread so e left d food and tout dat will help me save sum money b4 I return bk.. I kne E was tryin to help I wanna kno ma mistakes so it will not repeat 4 d second..

bro i will advice that you sell the fish off, go back to the drawing board by reading through this thread and ask questions. You dad did a mistake by feeding with bread, that means he doesnt have sufficient knowledge of the business, how will u expect good result. How many fish did u stock? what is the size of your pond? Do u sort?

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by agrobiz873: 1:44am On Aug 21, 2014
oing into agricultural production needs
land as one of the means of production and
it is an uphill tasks for interested people
to.get lands.
Over 10,000 hectares of land is available for
purchase and leasing in Ibadan,Akure and
Edo state.
The area has a very good road network,the
farmland is grassland with little dispersed
trees
Land rent is #2,500/acre
Land purchase is 40,000/acre
Get across to me on agrobiz873@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 3:43am On Aug 21, 2014
robonski15:

bro i will advice that you sell the fish off, go back to the drawing board by reading through this thread and ask questions. You dad did a mistake by feeding with bread, that means he doesnt have sufficient knowledge of the business, how will u expect good result. How many fish did u stock? what is the size of your pond? Do u sort?

www.agricnetwork.com

So what do you think the father should have done when there were no feeds ? at least the man improvised and the fish are still living. .... I think it is unfair to blame the old , an, I am sure if the gentleman left feeds to feed the fish, the dad won't waste his bread on the fishes but rather use the fish to send his bread into his stomach.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abafetch: 7:43am On Aug 21, 2014
Fhemmmy:

So what do you think the father should have done when there were no feeds ? at least the man improvised and the fish are still living. .... I think it is unfair to blame the old , an, I am sure if the gentleman left feeds to feed the fish, the dad won't waste his bread on the fishes but rather use the fish to send his bread into his stomach.

Thanks....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:41am On Aug 21, 2014
Fhemmmy:

maybe i didnt understand is post
E said wen dey went 4 peacekeeping in libya e say dem givin der fish bread so [b]e left d food[/b] and tout dat will help me save sum money b4 I return bk
.. i am not blaming the the dad thats why i still asked some questions..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
abafetch: Thanks sir... I'm not blaming anybody ait now... I ave lost some cash....d fish are still little.. My dad is even usin dem asin dem charity work.. If u visit e will giv u sum 4 u nd family... E said wen dey went 4 peacekeeping in libya e say dem givin der fish bread so e left d food and tout dat will help me save sum money b4 I return bk.. I kne E was tryin to help I wanna kno ma mistakes so it will not repeat 4 d second..
bro before a good doctor can tell u solution, i know there are lots of fishfarmers on this thread(good), first , u have to let all know what u have, pond type & size, so advice can come on what u should stock & size to buy, relevant feed & size, medication(if needed) e.tc, about your loss,u can recoup as long as u can reinvest with d right guidance, which u can also find here from many. That daddy was given out fishes, unfortunately na naija that u find people tight fitted on food(laugh), but i know this is meant to be a biz, hence you need to put your people through & educate them that this one isn't red cross. To encourage u, many of us, had one time or d other lose funds, either because of negligence, giving others to handle our responsibility, sudden change in parameters without tackling it fast e.t.c, how do you explain when your water source suddenly turns oily/polluted with over 1.5m worth of fishes dying because u weren't around to quickly rise to d challenge? Just take heart, pick up your self & move forward. Lets have answer to what u have & many/all of us will be willing to assist . Less i forget, some people prayed for you when they ate your fish, remain blessed
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bolapfish(m): 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
hello people, thanks to everyone for sharing their priceless knowledge with us all, God bless you abundantly, please who knows where i can get oyster shells around ikorodu, or anywhere else??
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Lingualplus: 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
agrobiz873: oing into agricultural production needs
land as one of the means of production and
it is an uphill tasks for interested people
to.get lands.
Over 10,000 hectares of land is available for
purchase and leasing in Ibadan,Akure and
Edo state.
The area has a very good road network,the
farmland is grassland with little dispersed
trees
Land rent is #2,500/acre
Land purchase is 40,000/acre
Get across to me on agrobiz873@gmail.com

Post your fone number.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abafetch: 4:10am On Aug 22, 2014
God bless you Boss... For listen to responding to my question....... He will continue to enrich u all in knowledge and wisdom...... Thanks........ Still have more thread to read.......
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
retin01: We decided to test d aerator in a big bowl first because d owner of d farm said he wanted 2c how it work,because he didn't believe it will work so I make use of d bowl and water as u can c. When he saw it he ask me so u mean dis thing is working like dis,he was excited and he saith we should try it in d vert . For safety measure we both concluded dat we should use a bowl dat has many holes in it like rice fitter and use net with smaller hole 2cover d bowl so dat d fish wil not come too close to d aerator. I will do just dat next week

What's the maximum capacity that of pond that can be used with this aerator?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 7:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
NUVEMBARZINTL:

Yeaah! Lots of WORK, DEDICATION, INNOVATION, OBSERVATION, LEARNING FRM THOSE DT ARE AHEAD OF U COZ (experience). But d CHALLENGE is, many of us ARE NT READY 2 LEARN. We just wnt to JUMP INTO D MILLIONS. Rmbr, "NO PAIN, NO GAIN" There's a place of SACRIFICE. If I may SHOCK U, NO MATA HW MUCH U READ FRM D INTERNET OR BOOKS, IT CN NEVA TAKE D PLACE OF PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE. So pls ma bro, READ AS MUCH AS U CN READ TO INCREASE UR KNOWLEDGE but TRY 2 OFFICIALLY GET CLOSER TO A FARMER FOR GUIDIANCE (nt U tryin 2 SPY on him/her oooo. Make it OFFICIAL so dt he'll teach U wit his whole @ & PRAY 4 U. And pls, DNT STEAL HIS/HER CLIENTS/CUSTOMERS coz if U do, uuuhhhhhhh!!!)
"May God crown our efforts with huge success"

---NUVEMBARZ FARMS P/H
Good advice i am a regular follower of this thread and agricnetwork, reading is my hubby. Very soon i will put into practice all i have learnt from everybody. Thanks a million

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sweetpickles: 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hello house how is the fish business moving on i am sure we are harvesting big time cool
More power to our elbows, lots of love.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
sweetpickles: Hello house how is the fish business moving on i am sure we are harvesting big time cool
More power to our elbows, lots of love.
Thank God, guess you have being taking care of Nigerians via your work
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
at last I made it bro robonski and bro excelsior give me ur numbers pls I just get a pond oooo need ur no sirs to chart with u sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
I av bro robonski no. before but dey stole my phone I just get a new phone hope bro robonski av come back from u.s.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 7:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
its Been long av reply online.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
I don't see bro Tokugawa for some time now its been long.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DaiCom(m): 1:43am On Aug 24, 2014
hello sir I went through your post I was encouraged with it sir pls I am about to start my stocking fingerlings now but base on what u said put some fear in me sir. you said something about zeigler feed better than Coppen feed but I wanted to be plating my own feed to maximum profits what is your advice sir and wish to learn more. pls sir here is my email. omodave24@gmail.com . hope to hear fro u soon
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DaiCom(m): 1:48am On Aug 24, 2014
sir thank for your enlightenment. sir can one formulate is own feed by himself and still get the required outcome like Zeigler feed or close it Zeigler feed results. pls email me sir (omodave24@gmail. com)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
Happy Sunday peeps!

Lets talk abt locally formulated feeds based on ur experience..... Wats d advantage/disadvantage of MAIZE in sinking local feed? If for instance in 100kg of feed, u av 20kg MAIZE.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by retin01: 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
oscarvicto:

What's the maximum capacity that of pond that can be used with this aerator?
dis one is 4 vat and can aerate vat of about 4feet x 12feed or bigger. what u should kw is dat Aerators are not intended to aerate the entire pond but just a portion of it. D aerated water can sprade to other part of d water ,Fish can also move to the zone of oxygenated water found near the aerator . Enough oxygen is supplied
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kelvin1191(m): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
Johnnyessence: I don't see bro Tokugawa for some time now its been long.

Robonski and Excelsior number are always on their post. @ at the bottom. Check 4 their post and get it 4rm their handle. As 4 Tokugawa, really, its been long. U know he's a family man now but always assisting when need arise. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fm7070: 5:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
Pls. I need fish ponds for rent in osun or oyo state. I prefer big earthen ponds mostly.
If otherwise, should be close to river or shallow well so I can use water pump
Kindly contact me with the details and dimensions of the ponds and other facilities available if you have any
My email: femi799@yahoo.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
Johnnyessence: I don't see bro Tokugawa for some time now its been long.
I was in touch with him some days back, he is doing just fine just a bit busy.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
Belexy: Happy Sunday peeps!

Lets talk abt locally formulated feeds based on ur experience..... Wats d advantage/disadvantage of MAIZE in sinking local feed? If for instance in 100kg of feed, u av 20kg MAIZE.
where are the feed millers experts in the house, ab1x, excel,tokugawa, juve etc.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
DaiCom: hello sir I went through your post I was encouraged with it sir pls I am about to start my stocking fingerlings now but base on what u said put some fear in me sir. you said something about zeigler feed better than Coppen feed but I wanted to be plating my own feed to maximum profits what is your advice sir and wish to learn more. pls sir here is my email. omodave24@gmail.com . hope to hear fro u soon

bro why the fear? both feeds are very good but personally i prefer Zeigler feed. i will advice you feed with imported feed for the first two to tree month ten u can switch to you locally formulated feed. But u should also have a rich formular. U can check out some formular posted on this thread by ab1x and other gurus.

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 12:00am On Aug 26, 2014
Johnnyessence: I av bro robonski no. before but dey stole my phone I just get a new phone hope bro robonski av come back from u.s.

check my signature for my number boss.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 12:02am On Aug 26, 2014
fzero:
Good advice i am a regular follower of this thread and agricnetwork, reading is my hubby. Very soon i will put into practice all i have learnt from everybody. Thanks a million

We are solidly behind you with God backing us..

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nzeudo: 10:54am On Aug 26, 2014
Hello Oga Robonski15, pls can u give me ur no? I want to speak wt u. Thanx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:50am On Aug 26, 2014
A nairalander(one of your own) has 1000kg of fishes at eruwa in oyo state

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.