Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:45 AM

My 2004 Camry(big Fool) Needs Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 2004 Camry(big Fool) Needs Help (1492 Views)

What's Wrong With My 2004 (e0d)honda Accord / Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better / What Is Wrong With My 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Air Conditioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2004 Camry(big Fool) Needs Help by falawy(m): 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
Hello, jus bought a toyota camry february, so after I changed the engine oil showed me check engine, then later when I changed the auto transmission oil it showed maintenance required till date. So would love to know how I can get that fixed and moreso where I can get to do a scan and how much does it cost. Live in iju area of lagos, pls need urgernt response asap
Re: My 2004 Camry(big Fool) Needs Help by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
falawy: Hello, jus bought a toyota camry february, so after I changed the engine oil showed me check engine, then later when I changed the auto transmission oil it showed maintenance required till date. So would love to know how I can get that fixed and moreso where I can get to do a scan and how much does it cost. Live in iju area of lagos, pls need urgernt response asap

scan your car

then we work from the code that will come out
Re: My 2004 Camry(big Fool) Needs Help by mayor2013: 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
The check engine light could have triggered on as a result of a fault likely to come or already prevailing it could be in a soft form or hard form. The soft form can be wiped away with the help of a scanner but if it is d hard form something needs to be worked upon after then the lights goes off.
Re: My 2004 Camry(big Fool) Needs Help by cretin: 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2013
MAINTAINANCE REQUIRED LIGHT IS NOT A PROBLEM, NORMALLY IT COMES UP UP AFTER 5K MILES AND NEEDS TO B RESET AFTER AN OIL CHANGE..BUT MOST NAIJA MECHANICS DONT KNOW HOW TO RESET IT...ITS QUITE SIMPLE.

Maintenance Required Light
Turn ignition to 'ACC' and press the odometer button until the display reads actual mileage... not Trip A or B.
Turn ignition off.
Hold in the same button you used in step 1.
While holding the button in, turn ignition to 'ON'.
The 'Maint Reqd' light should blink and go out.
Done!

2 Likes

Re: My 2004 Camry(big Fool) Needs Help by falawy(m): 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
cretin: MAINTAINANCE REQUIRED LIGHT IS NOT A PROBLEM, NORMALLY IT COMES UP UP AFTER 5K MILES AND NEEDS TO B RESET AFTER AN OIL CHANGE..BUT MOST NAIJA MECHANICS DONT KNOW HOW TO RESET IT...ITS QUITE SIMPLE.

Maintenance Required Light
Turn ignition to 'ACC' and press the odometer button until the display reads actual mileage... not Trip A or B.
Turn ignition off.
Hold in the same button you used in step 1.
While holding the button in, turn ignition to 'ON'.
The 'Maint Reqd' light should blink and go out.
Done!

Wow it worked, thanks and whenever I start the car it just pops on and goes off so hope there can be no prob after that. Jus wanna be sure
Re: My 2004 Camry(big Fool) Needs Help by cretin: 11:44am On Mar 30, 2013
yeah it does a self check plus other lights on the dashboard when u start the car every time..
also y do u call ur car BIG FOOL??!!!!.............just doesnt sound right...be aware of the power of the tongue

(1) (Reply)

HELP!! Thick Black Particles From My Exhaust / Graphic Photos From Bike/tipper Accident In Ketu This Morning / Another Reason Why You Should Always Turn Off Your Engine While Buying Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.