Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,627 members, 7,878,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:27 AM

Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? (16382 Views)

Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by kambo(m): 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
women shd stp acting like fools in their homes. Ur marraige is primarily a love relationship wth ur husband. Till death do u part and even death cant break d bond if u both make heaven , but some foolish women will forget 2 nourish their relationships because theyve got chldren. Sorry but Marraige aint abt chldren bt abt the patners..as a matter of fact, most , love relationshps, aka marraige end in divorce after d children leave to b on their own. Y because both patners were too bz (wt chldren,career,church etc) more like too foolish to nurture their relationship.

3 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by jstringz(m): 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
Hmm mm, jus€ pondering abou€ d hus€le ;DHmm mm, jus€ pondering abou€ d hus€le

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2013
When a husband really love his wife is when he will be jealous when he feels that his wife is giving more attention to the kids,so be happy that he is feeling jealous because if he does not love you he will not even bother about ur attention because he does not need it and he will be busy getting attention from someone else.my 2 cent

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Walexy96: 10:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
@OP U ar on point, but I have a diff. Story for verification. I used to remember, my P-man once beat my brother for pecking my mum and he used to do everything u just mention there. But then we do can't it as a joke.

But this days I just discovered that he used to be jealous for real when he see me with female friends especially if I don't introduce her to him.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2013
jealous?! no but i expect the same attention that mama gives the kids, as she gave me before the kid was here...... let it be as extra hrs or whatever but i need that attention (just as much as she does). if that attention is denied then trouble will start as i am only human.

2 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Policewoman(f): 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2013
greatgod2012: Are Men(fathers) Envious/jealous Of Their Kids?

I hope to catch fun and at the same time learn from this thread.

From my observations, it seem many men(fathers) are envious/jealous of their kids, especially the male ones.
Any time im back from salon, or i put on a new cloth, or a new shoe, or whatever new, and one or all of my kids try to admire and appreciate my style b4 their dad, their dad jokingly and always complain that its not their duty to admire another man's wife, that, its the duty of the husband......lol.

Early this morning, i went to a friend's place, i went there to give her an ankara we bought and sew together, so, she decided to wear her own in my presence, in case there will be any adjustment, so that i could return it to the tailor for necessary adjustment, so she went inside the room to wear it, and as she was coming back to the living room to show me how fitted the dress is, her boy, screamed, WOW!, IT LOOKS GOOD ON YOU, but before the boy landed, his dad interrupted him and i quote............."how many times have i told you that it is a gross disrespect to my person to admire my wife before me, she is my wife and your own mother, so do not perfeorm the husband's duty, im still alive"
i opened my mouth in amazement and couldnt close it, and as i was just looking in amazement, the man faced me and asked......"abi, mi o right"(am i not right?) i quickly replied...."beeni sir(yes sir), but within me, i was like....WTF, is it a crime for a child to admire his mother's beauty b4 the father?
Another instance is when you buy stuffs for the children, without buying for the men, the next thing one will be hearing is....."you dont care for me again, its only your kids you now care for, but it wasnt like this b4 the kids started coming in".....blah, blah, blah, but when you buy something for them, and do not buy for the kids, you wont hear anything..... .......lol......men sometimes behave like babies.........

Actually, someone may tell me that its just a mere joke, but, "ibi ere laa ti ngbo ooto oro"..........
Why is this always so, do we say men are envious/jealous of their kids or what, and i have heard many women saying the same thing about their hubby.

So, wives, lets share, do you experience the same with your husbands.......and men, is it so?, if yes, why?
May God help us all.
Your Oga on top is such a cry baby. make u manage am sha.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Policewoman(f): 11:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
k4kenny: Of course they are. Some men can't stand it when their wives are giving the kids so much attention. M̶̲̅ε̲̣ am so demonstrative in shwing affection for my kids, plenty of hugs nd kisses cheesy. Hubby doesn't really complains, he just stares with a funny expression like 'what's wron with this one sef?'
I was once at a family function where a 13month old boy was playing with his mum's b00bs (boys and b00bs sef tongue), the husband on seeing that, came over to them with such anger and slapped off the kid's hand saying ' how many times have I warned you not to play with my wife's b00bs shocked). He hit the baby so hard I was shocked, thought that was a bit over reactive. His wife clearly wasn't happy to see her lil boy spanked so hard but she just kept quiet.
I don't know the reason for their jealousy, maybe d daddys should come and explain from their own perspective.
Men don't play with breasts.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
Policewoman: Men don't play with breasts.
gbam!!!!straight to the point,I like that
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 02, 2013
April fools, right?
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by MrCork17: 1:43am On Apr 02, 2013
>..I be jelous only if we suk the same boooobsi!angry
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by ceeceeco: 5:37am On Apr 02, 2013
Yeah! I think u're right. My dad is not just comfortable seeing us(children) discussing with our mum...He always feel guilty.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 02, 2013
[/color][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][quote author=redsun]An intelerant father is like a bull elephant in heat or a full fledged single male lion,dangerous.

Nothing can take the place of children.They come first,but some adults dont know,they think it is all about them.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I know for sure that my husband or I will stop at nothing to give our lives for our kids if we have to because we Love them unconditionally;but guess what? We both come first in each other's lives 'cos that's the way it should be! When we got married,we became ONE and together,we're expected to cater for and to the kids. I'm a woman but I will tell you ladies this for sure: Yes men can sometimes act childish and all but let's be frank here,half bread is better than none.I'd rather have a hussy who jokes with my kids to allow him compliment me instead of one who doesn't even NOTICE I have a newhairdo,newdress,or new shoe on! That's not jealousy,that's just affection and Love in display...
Lastly ladies,remember these your kids u put first,will someday marry,or leave the country or something,and you'll be left with ur spouse( whom by this time must have grown distant from you due to your indirect neglect).
You start to notice then that the romance aint there anymore,he has you to himself but there's no more spark....and then u realise your mistake...but alas! It's too late. Learn to love ur kids like no other yes,I support but when u're married,ur spouse comes first. [color=#550000]

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by ocelot2006(m): 8:55am On Apr 02, 2013
greatgod2012:

oh yes! We are getting there, so, if i have o boy of 10+ of age, is it normal for the boy to admire the mum or not, just this afternoon, i got dressed for an owambe party, and my first son came and wispered in my ears........"mum, you are just too beautiful"..........is that bad?, though, hes just 6+, but im sure if dad was at home, he would have done as usual............leave my wife alone, when you have yours, admire her.......blah, blah, blah, i know its all joke, but is that type of joke normal?
Thanks.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that cos it was pretty obvious that your hubby was simply joking with your son.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Kgdavid(m): 9:08am On Apr 02, 2013
not married but wen i do and have kids i plan to shower affection and attention on them. this means me and my wife spending tym together with the kids at least until a certain age. taking care of the kids is one of those things husband and wife should do together thus jealousy is not a problem as both partners will b focused on the joyous task.

the results?

more love for the kids

greater bond between the parents

more love for both parents from the kids.

and no one gets left out. dazall

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by amaks: 7:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
I guess some men just do it to make their wives feel special. Feel cared for, feel good, wanted, everything done in a humourous playful way. But yea some overpossesive men do feel jealous. Too bad. Funny. How can u be jealous of ur kids? Nothing wrong in d whole family complimenting her all together.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Oxytocin712: 9:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
kambo: women shd stp acting like fools in their homes. Ur marraige is primarily a love relationship wth ur husband. Till death do u part and even death cant break d bond if u both make heaven , but some foolish women will forget 2 nourish their relationships because theyve got chldren. Sorry but Marraige aint abt chldren bt abt the patners..as a matter of fact, most , love relationshps, aka marraige end in divorce after d children leave to b on their own. Y because both patners were too bz (wt chldren,career,church etc) more like too foolish to nurture their relationship.
na true talk o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kids On Bikini Dancing Sexy With Themself !! What A World.. / How Do I Keep On Pushing With Nagging Relatives? / 5 Easy Ways To Practice Self-love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.