Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,652 members, 7,882,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 06:27 PM

Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post (11179 Views)

Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. / Americans On Washington Post Hail Burning Of Suspected Female Boko Haram Bomber / =N=272 Million For Railway System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by dvee2: 10:41am On Mar 30, 2013
Itoroetti :
Did u expect sahara,punch and the nation to report on d positive development?let me borrow a word from my igbo brodas-mba! They won't report,rather de are waiting for when jonathan will fail.but he won't fail

Excellent report from a foreign media abi? yet if the write up is critical of government like the 40 Ambulance saga,i also hear we say "Let them leave us alone,it is our country,they want to break us up to steal our oil,they are sponsored by opposition etc". Weldone GEJ. Lets also hear you acknowledge when the presidency goof grin. thats objectivity. LOL
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by awodman: 11:00am On Mar 30, 2013
dvee2:

Excellent report from a foreign media abi? yet if the write up is critical of government like the 40 Ambulance saga,i also hear we say "Let them leave us alone,it is our country,they want to break us up to steal our oil,they are sponsored by opposition etc". Weldone GEJ. Lets also hear you acknowledge when the presidency goof grin. thats objectivity. LOL
Try and differentiate between an investigative report and an opinion article which emanates from the writer's thoughts.
That said,nobody is saying that the ills of the government should not be exposed.But let them be factual not conjecturing up falsehood,lies and deceit.
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by boron10(m): 11:06am On Mar 30, 2013
GEJ has a good vision, unfortunately, he's too dumb to effectively monitor the execution of his projects.
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 30, 2013
Nigerian media: Lesson to learn

Up your game. No more lines like *The governor stated this while he was on a briefing with journalist. The President stated that the minister stated that the commissioner stated*

How many times did i write *stated*?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by kavey10(m): 11:10am On Mar 30, 2013
This Taharqa and Sincere9gerian ALWAYS, ALWAYS give me reason to think they are Okupe and Abati or some government official. They have almost every answer to questions on the government, that's just too much for a doctor (Sincere9gerian's case).
I won't comment on this topic because I DON'T CELEBRATE MEDIOCRITY! Nigeria can do more than this abeg. "We are getting there", I hate that ish!! It irks me!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by Akpan107(m): 11:10am On Mar 30, 2013
GEJ is working... We Nigerians are begging you to contest in 2015. Please, Dont say NO!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by ufumes(m): 11:23am On Mar 30, 2013
39hrs to kano, quite slow

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by ehispapa(m): 11:29am On Mar 30, 2013
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by solomon111(m): 11:38am On Mar 30, 2013
boron10: GEJ has a good vision, unfortunately, he's too dumb to effectively monitor the execution of his projects.
projects are being completed and commissioned all over the country,and yet he is saying GEJ cannot monitor projects.
What a moronn.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by solomon111(m): 11:43am On Mar 30, 2013
kavey10: This Taharqa and Sincere9gerian ALWAYS, ALWAYS give me reason to think they are Okupe and Abati or some government official. They have almost every answer to questions on the government, that's just too much for a doctor (Sincere9gerian's case).
I won't comment on this topic because I DON'T CELEBRATE MEDIOCRITY! Nigeria can do more than this abeg. "We are getting there", I hate that ish!! It irks me!

you have to start from somewhere.
If past govts had created this 'mediocre' railways,i am sure GEJ would have improved on it.
Alas,there was nothing to build upon.
The onus now rests on the next govt after GEJ to improve on it.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 30, 2013
39 hour journey from lagos to Kano No thanks, ill rather take a bus.
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by OmoTier1(m): 11:49am On Mar 30, 2013
This is like a man who has money to build a modern concrete house yet is celebrating living in a mud house as a life achievement lipsrsealed How come when they want to do anything for themselves, they go for the world's best, yet when it's time to do anything for the Nigerian masses, they put up a mediocre!

Nigerians deserve a modern and functional railway services and what this government is giving us is no where near good enough! We have the money and men to have a modern and effective rail service all across the country, sadly we lack a leader who can think into the future.

Lets stop celebrating mediocrity and demand for the world's best. We have the money, people and resources to have them in Nigeria. Yes, He may have tried in reviving Lagos-Kano rails, but lets us as a people collectively tell Him, GEJ that we are not celebrating because the allege investment does not commensurate with what is on ground hence we DEMAND a Nigeria standard railway services.

Let anyone not be deceived, if the Lagos-Kano railway service was anything to rejoice about, people will not have been sleeping in MMIA over the mad Easter rush as many would have opted to use the rail service.

GEJ has made a start, but it is not good enough and He needs to up the game and deliver big time. This is about Improving Nigerian lives and no politics should come into play in doing so.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by GOLIDIVA: 11:52am On Mar 30, 2013
Gradually we are getting there! Oluwa di involved.
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
nameo:
why must it be the international media that is informing us about what is going on in our own railway sector? What of our Local media(Punch, vanguard, guardian, nation, saharareports, leadership, and others)?

Shouldn't our Local media be reporting to us on the progress work on the portharcourt-maiduguri rail line that is presenting ongoing, so we can put the authorities and the contractors on the toes?

I tire for 9ja at times o
The fact is that Nigerian reporters can barely collate information. The way most of the information are presented is appalling to say the least.

However, it is kind of disturbing to see a nation of over 160 million people lacked good press releases or determined to follow projects going on in the country. That is grossly preposterous!

On reporting about the progress of Port Harcourt to Maiduguri construction works there is known fact it is going to be failure on the side of the reporters to include images and videos of ongoing works. It is annoying to see the level of reporting and reporters we have in that nation without enthusiasm to do their job. They lacked the ability to get information from their sources and present them to the society with facts.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
The world is turning to Magnetic Levitation(Maglev) for the future of railway transportation yet we are introducing locomotive which pollute the environment. It saddens me to see how much money have been put into the project only to come up with old cranky couches.

Is it that our leaders don't know what is happening around the world?
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by thelastPope(m): 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "Meanwhile, China’s CCECC is building a two-way, standard-gauge line from Lagos to Kano that will allow trains to travel at more than 75 mph"

I know of the Lagos-Ibadan standard guage rail line that was recently awarded but I dont know of this reported ongoing Lagos-Kano standard guage rail line. Does such FG project exist? Or mayb the Lagos-Ibadan recently awarded is a section of the Lagos-Kano? I suspect that should be case.

The Lagos-Kano standard gauge is on. The Lagos Ibadan is the first phase of the project. This is different from the Lagos-Abuja electric tracks for which feasibility studies in currently going on.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2013
slyfoxxjoe: 39 hour journey from lagos to Kano No thanks, ill rather take a bus.
The usual time spent from lagos-kano by train is 30hrs.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/124876-premium-times-train-trip-lagos-kano-live-blog.html

Once in a while it may take longer but that is not the norm.
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2013
thelastPope:

The Lagos-Kano standard gauge is on. The Lagos Ibadan is the first phase of the project. This is different from the Lagos-Abuja electric tracks for which feasibility studies in currently going on.
Ok.
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 30, 2013
kavey10: This Taharqa and Sincere9gerian ALWAYS, ALWAYS give me reason to think they are Okupe and Abati or some government official. They have almost every answer to questions on the government, that's just too much for a doctor (Sincere9gerian's case).

May be you should hang yourself and end your miserable life undecided
Sadist! I know you would prefer a topic that says, 'GEJ is a failure'? Or why nigeria will never succeed?....
Mtcheww people like you make me sick, being a pessimist is not God's plan for your life Olodo.

God bless GEJ
God bless us
God bless Nigeria. We must get there someday

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by vizboy(m): 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1: This is like a man who has money to build a modern concrete house yet is celebrating living in a mud house as a life achievement lipsrsealed How come when they want to do anything for themselves, they go for the world's best, yet when it's time to do anything for the Nigerian masses, they put up a mediocre!

Nigerians deserve a modern and functional railway services and what this government is giving us is no where near good enough! We have the money and men to have a modern and effective rail service all across the country, sadly we lack a leader who can think into the future.

Lets stop celebrating mediocrity and demand for the world's best. We have the money, people and resources to have them in Nigeria. Yes, He may have tried in reviving Lagos-Kano rails, but lets us as a people collectively tell Him, GEJ that we are not celebrating because the allege investment does not commensurate with what is on ground hence we DEMAND a Nigeria standard railway services.

Let anyone not be deceived, if the Lagos-Kano railway service was anything to rejoice about, people will not have been sleeping in MMIA over the mad Easter rush as many would have opted to use the rail service.

GEJ has made a start, but it is not good enough and He needs to up the game and deliver big time. This is about Improving Nigerian lives and no politics should come into play in doing so.
hey man clap for yourself nice speech and if my guess is right you started running the moment you came out of your moms stomach. Give Gej a break he is just half way into his tenure and have taken a bold step if our past leaders has taken these steps we wouldnt be were we are today. USA as you see today wasnt built in 4 years but for more than 300 years.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by thelastPope(m): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
vizboy: hey man clap for yourself nice speech and if my guess is right you started running the moment you came out of your moms stomach. Give Gej a break he is just half way into his tenure and have taken a bold step if our past leaders has taken these steps we wouldnt be were we are today. USA as you see today wasnt built in 4 years but for more than 300 years.

Please help me remind him that GEJ is doing this in the midst of continuous Boko Haram bombing and political chaos all around.
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by ocelot2006(m): 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
all4naija: The world is turning to Magnetic Levitation(Maglev) for the future of railway transportation yet we are introducing locomotive which pollute the environment. It saddens me to see how much money have been put into the project only to come up with old cranky couches.

Is it that our leaders don't know what is happening around the world?

Hold it right there. Do yyou know how expensive the MAGLEV technology is? And do you know that no one, except the chinese (Shanghai MAGLEV), adopted this technology cos of the steep cost? Even the chinese paid thru their noses for just a few kilometres. Yet you want us to adopt the very same technology. Riiiiiight.....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
thelastPope:

They better go for electric trains. One hindrance to the electric train system in Nigerian is provision of high electricity and Nigeria is known for epileptic power supply.
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by OmoTier1(m): 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2013
vizboy: hey man clap for yourself nice speech and if my guess is right you started running the moment you came out of your moms stomach. Give Gej a break he is just half way into his tenure and have taken a bold step if our past leaders has taken these steps we wouldnt be were we are today. USA as you see today wasnt built in 4 years but for more than 300 years.
Perhaps maybe you need to realise that blaming past leaders does not cut it in today's world! The reason the people did not stick with the past leaders or demand their continued stay in power is simply because the people didn't see their future in the ideas and ideals of those leaders.

If we are to believe the nonsense about we need to crawl before we walk, why are all the ministers not driving a 1976 ford all over Abuja? Why do they splash Nigeria's tax payers money on the latest models of cars, houses etc? That goes to show the mentality of the Gestapo in power.

It takes an extra ordinary visionary, a strategist of a kind to realise that to break cleanly from the past, you need to set a standard for the future, and by standards, I mean something others will look at and say, yes, truly this is the least that we should be doing as a nation.

Can you in your right mind claim what is being done on the Lagos-Kano rail project is a standard that anyone can build upon or use as a reference? Perhaps, you need to have a think on the contract sums involved here and really ask yourself if this is money well spent undecided
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by ocelot2006(m): 12:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1: This is like a man who has money to build a modern concrete house yet is celebrating living in a mud house as a life achievement lipsrsealed How come when they want to do anything for themselves, they go for the world's best, yet when it's time to do anything for the Nigerian masses, they put up a mediocre!

This is why a have an issh with so-called impatient Nigerians like you who expect things to change overnight. This was a once comatose and totally neglected transport sytem that the current administration is trying so hard to revitalise, yet you expect bullet trains, MAGLEVs, and GTVs overnight? Haba! As someone rightly mention, did you jump out of your mom's womb running? Didn't you crawl before learning how to walk and then run?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by OmoTier1(m): 12:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
[quote author=thelastPope]

Please help me remind him that GEJ is doing this in the midst of continuous Boko Haram bombing and political chaos all around. [/quotes]
True leaders they say build empires and nation in the the time of war not peace. Your excuse is really what it is... EXCUSE! Is there boko-Haram in South West? Is there boko haram in north central? Is boko haram the cause of someone buying abandon locomotives ?

Lets be honest, and tell the truth.
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
ocelot2006:

Hold it right there. Do yyou know how expensive the MAGLEV technology is? And do you know that no one, except the chinese (Shanghai MAGLEV), adopted this technology cos of the steep cost? Even the chinese paid thru their noses for just a few kilometres. Yet you want us to adopt the very same technology. Riiiiiight.....
You didn't read my comment properly. Maglev is the future of railway transportation. The technology is adopted in many countries like in Germany, France, Japan, China,etc. I never said we should go for Maglev, that's for a sideline. I am advocating for electric trains with good condition couches not the locomotive smoking all over the places and sounding like broken drums which are no longer in use which are being installed on our railway lines.

I think you misread my comment there.
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by thelastPope(m): 12:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Perhaps maybe you need to realise that blaming past leaders does not cut it in today's world! The reason the people did not stick with the past leaders or demand their continued stay in power is simply because the people didn't see their future in the ideas and ideals of those leaders.

If we are to believe the nonsense about we need to crawl before we walk, why are all the ministers not driving a 1976 ford all over Abuja? Why do they splash Nigeria's tax payers money on the latest models of cars, houses etc? That goes to show the mentality of the Gestapo in power.

It takes an extra ordinary visionary, a strategist of a kind to realise that to break cleanly from the past, you need to set a standard for the future, and by standards, I mean something others will look at and say, yes, truly this is the least that we should be doing as a nation.

Can you in your right mind claim what is being done on the Lagos-Kano rail project is a standard that anyone can build upon or use as a reference? Perhaps, you need to have a think on the contract sums involved here and really ask yourself if this is money well spent undecided

Just to test the waters. I know you are a Fashola and ACN apologist so I will ask you a simple question. Why is it that in 14 years, Lagos has not even completed up to 2 kilometers of the light rail project and you praise them and call them visionary instead of criticizing them yet you vehemently criticize and lampoon GEJ for "only rehabilitating the Lagos to Kano route" and blame him for not building electric trains after just 2 years of being in power?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by OmoTier1(m): 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
ocelot2006:

This is why a have an issh with so-called impatient Nigerians like you who expect things to change overnight. This was a once comatose and totally neglected transport sytem that the current administration is trying so hard to revitalise, yet you expect bullet trains, MAGLEVs, and GTVs overnight? Haba! As someone rightly mention, did you jump out of your mom's womb running? Didn't you crawl before learning how to walk and then run?
Same reasons for over 14years running, the PDP led government have continued to see you lots as idiots whose sensibility can be toiled with and they will still continue to walk around like saints.
Ever asked yourself why these same politicians , when it comes to doing anything for themselves the always go for the best the world has to offer? Think Atiku, His university offers such a standard of biking and abilities that very few universities in boast off and is comparable to much of what you find in western world, yet you wonder why they can't provide such as a standard for our universities in general.

No one is asking the FG for MAGLEVs, or GTVs overnight, but like the saying goes, the way a man greets His neighbour r in the morning tells how far His ay will go.

The time for Nigeria to do things because WE JUST WANT TO HAVE SOMETHING GOING has come and gone! Now really is the time for Nigeria to things because it is the best we can offer and it will last decades and those yet unborn will be appreciative that yes, this generation of leaders did such in their time.

Lets top celebrating mediocrity and demand for the best. Nigeria has the money, the people and resources to have the best going for Her people.
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by nwabobo: 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
thelastPope:

Just to test the waters. I know you are a Fashola and ACN apologist so I will ask you a simple question. Why is it that in 14 years, Lagos has not even completed up to 2 kilometers of the light rail project and you praise them and call them visionary instead of criticizing them yet you vehemently criticize and lampoon GEJ for "only rehabilitating the Lagos to Kano route" and blame him for not building electric trains after just 2 years of being in power?

Don't mind the hypocrites. Bad belle kills.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by sonety2k(m): 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
cool
Re: Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post by thelastPope(m): 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
all4naija: You didn't read my comment properly. Maglev is the future of railway transportation. The technology is adopted in many countries like in Germany, France, Japan, China,etc. I never said we should go for Maglev, that's for a sideline. I am advocating for electric trains with good condition couches not the locomotive smoking all over the places and sounding like broken drums which are no longer in use which are being installed on our railway lines.

I think you misread my comment there.

America has both electric trains and locomotive trains. There is absolutely nothing wrong in running locomotive trains. The rehabilitation of the locomotive trains is a very welcome development. Now we can take it to another level and the federal government, just about two weeks ago, started the feasibility studies of five new electric trains routes, including Lagos-Abuja, Lagos-Benin, Benin-Aba. The feasibility should be ready around July or so and then plans for the construction should start.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What The Igala People Of Kogi State Are Saying About Audu's Death / President Buhari To Be Made AU's First Anti-Corruption Champion / Saraki May Be Going Through Corruption Trial, But We Stand By Him - Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.