Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,442 members, 7,971,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:39 PM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1192568 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:21am On Nov 19, 2013
cdamsel: walk me through it pls,or can I go to their service centres & ask for help?

the correct apn is internet.ng.airtel.com...what shows up by default for airtel sim is 'internet'.

so you just need to edit and put the correct apn

settings->network and connection->mobile network. tap APN and edit what is under 'Access Point Name (APN)'
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 8:30am On Nov 19, 2013
walcolm:

To sideload without a pc is a bit technical.

If you install the latest leaked OS, you can install apk without needing to sideload

Mystiqme:
Update to the leaked 10.2.XXXX OS...lol

I'll wait till it's officially out. Can't deal with the wahalas that come with these leaks. Thanks guys
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 8:35am On Nov 19, 2013
simo4real: Please I need someone to help me out here. i subscribe for one month BlackBerry plan on my z10 and is working but the network is not dat steady and again I can't hotspot to my laptop. please any solution to this
What network are you using?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cdamsel(f): 9:05am On Nov 19, 2013
walcolm:

the correct apn is internet.ng.airtel.com...what shows up by default for airtel sim is 'internet'.

so you just need to edit and put the correct apn

settings->network and connection->mobile network. tap APN and edit what is under 'Access Point Name (APN)'
thanks so much its working now,bt d problem is I can't upgrade to d latest OS version,its saying I need wifi connection,that I don't have

So pls what do I do now?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ninja4life(m): 9:32am On Nov 19, 2013
walcolm:

Browsing is fantastic and that means BlackBerry 10 uses data like iPhone and Android.

Wechat, whatsapp, Google talk, yahoo messenger, MSN Messenger all work but 2go doesn't work yet
thanks 4 d reply. seems i wont be disposing my nokia phone den after getting z10.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:32am On Nov 19, 2013
cdamsel: thanks so much its working now,bt d problem is I can't upgrade to d latest OS version,its saying I need wifi connection,that I don't have

So pls what do I do now?

yes, you need wifi for OS upgrades...its actually not peculiar to BB

you will have to look for home wifi or public wifi to use
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by simo4real(m): 3:02pm On Nov 19, 2013
anitank:
What network are you using?
Am using glo BBCMONTH,is browsing but I can't use my BlackBerry hotspot to connect to my pc
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Peggysally: 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
Bud NL ,am using airtel subscription,the one of 6g for 3k,initially it was browsing and pinging,for 2days,it stops pinging but it stil browsing"plz I need help, Thanks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cdamsel(f): 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
walcolm:

yes, you need wifi for OS upgrades...its actually not peculiar to BB

you will have to look for home wifi or public wifi to use

I have been doing dis download all day,still It won't finish,its one step after another,i'm in the step which is now 1021MB?ll this ever end,its quite frustrating,i'm using internet sharing with glo network,if I pause I can continue whenever right?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 12:49am On Nov 20, 2013
simo4real:
Am using glo BBCMONTH,is browsing but I can't use my BlackBerry hotspot to connect to my pc
Well I am currently using my hotspot and its working perfectly. It's probably as a result of poor network. You said yourself that the network wasn't steady and yes it affects mobile hotspotting. Hopefully it would work when the network is much better

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Peggysally: 7:51am On Nov 20, 2013
Gud dat NL ,am using airtel subscription,the one of 6g for 3k,initially it was browsing and pinging,for 2days,it stops pinging but it stil browsing"plz I need help, Thanks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:01am On Nov 20, 2013
do u have the right apn settings? check the top of this page for a solution
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:04am On Nov 20, 2013
cdamsel: I have been doing dis download all day,still It won't finish,its one step after another,i'm in the step which is now 1021MB?ll this ever end,its quite frustrating,i'm using internet sharing with glo network,if I pause I can continue whenever right?

hmmmmm..do you have enough space on ur device?

check your settings->storage and access

check under 'Device Storage details' and 'Media Storage Details'

how much free space do u have in both?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ninja4life(m): 8:05am On Nov 20, 2013
Does glo monthly bis work on blackberry z10 if it does wats d price?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:17am On Nov 20, 2013
that question has been answered too many times on this thread already

start from page 0 and you will find the answer you seek
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 11:12am On Nov 20, 2013
I think the leaked version is officially out. Just got a notification
But I doubt if this is the one they said would support Google play store
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Niiade(m): 12:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
Got it too.wonder what's new

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
anitank: I think the leaked version is officially out. Just got a notification
But I doubt if this is the one they said would support Google play store
It isn't the one. It is 10.2.1.1055 dat support apk android file
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 1:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
for those with hundreds of thousands to blow on a phone, check out the BB Porsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huC1ae3XeGk
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Peggysally: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
walcolm: do u have the right apn settings? check the top of this page for a solution

Thnks for your response,Yes that's the apn that I have,initially it was pinging but all of a sudden it stopped pinging,but I can browse and use what's app,what do u think could be the problem?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
Check the BlackBerry world for an update to bbm
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Niiade(m): 11:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sir Walcom how can i get 10.2.1 on my z10, thanks reviews shows its super cool
thanks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by beedam(f): 7:20am On Nov 21, 2013
@ walcolm....please,I want to get Z10 from affordables phone shop in ikeja today but someone was telling me yesterday to check the pack for something which I don't understand. He said the new stock has been upgraded while the old hasn't been upgraded. So please is there anything that will be written on the pack? Also,does Z10 support SKYPE? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2013
Niiade: Sir Walcom how can i get 10.2.1 on my z10, thanks reviews shows its super cool
thanks

go here for STL 100-1
https://mega.co.nz/#!ukgzES6I!X8_yBy_1vwJxbyaVtnKaqRwyoHtmJ9e7K7AZj960Gvk

these are the new features in the OS 10.2.1
Not yet officially available

OS 10.2.1 is not yet officially available, however the recent leak of OS 10.2.1.1055 has given us an incredible look at the load of new features that will be included in the update. This is perhaps the biggest update yet and includes features such as customizable quick settings, native APK installs, picture password, Q10 speed dials, contact groups and much more.

Remote search of emails older than 60 days
Bluetooth Sharing through Android Runtime
Video Call has the new call screen
FM Radio (Only Q10, Q5, Z30.. Z10 does not support this)
Wi-Fi Direct
Miracast
Share Screen
Direct Install of APK Files on device through File Manager or Browser
Media Volume displays at top of screen
New incoming call screen
Update to Device Monitor app
Update to Data Monitor app
Clock App includes Accuweather information
Flashlight app added (can be accessed from Quick Settings)
Ability to arrange accounts in the Hub
Pinch gesture in the Hub for quick access to specified messages
Changes to battery icon
Changes to charging icon
Battery shows percentage in peek view
Updates to native weather app
New Quick Settings functionality for dropdown menu
Updates to Media Player
Added Picture Password
Speed Dial from homescreen (Q10)
Added Contact Groups
Custom contact profiles for email, SMS, BBM and phone calls
Delete options from Hub (device and/or server)
Face detection toggle in Camera
Airplane-Mode automatically turned on in Bedside Mode
Lockscreen previews open directly to application
New native wallpapers added
Next email toggle inside email messages
Updated Twitter app
BBM adds vibrate on ping and new emoticons
White balance adjuster in display settings
IBM notes traveler in accounts settings
Wolfram Alpha commands

Dropdown Menu now includes:
Flashlight App Button (new app to 10.2.1.xxxx)
Brightness Adjustment
Location Toggle Switch
Device Monitor App Button (new app to 10.2.1.xxxx)
Tethering Toggle Switch
Hotspot Toggle Switch
NFC Toggle Switch
Flight mode Toggle Switch (airplane mode)

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:40am On Nov 21, 2013
beedam: @ walcolm....please,I want to get Z10 from affordables phone shop in ikeja today but someone was telling me yesterday to check the pack for something which I don't understand. He said the new stock has been upgraded while the old hasn't been upgraded. So please is there anything that will be written on the pack? Also,does Z10 support SKYPE? Thanks in anticipation.

to do a quick price check from many shops, use pricecheck.com.ng

the very first batch of Z10s were released with 10.0.0.XXXX OS since then 10.1.X.XXXX, 10.1.X.XXXX MR and now 10.2.0.424 has been officially released

depending on when the device you pick is manufactured, the current official available at that time will be what is loaded on it, so all you have to look for is the OS installed on the pack. i don't expect you to find anything more than 10.1.X.XXXX because Z10 is most probably not being manufactured again...the reason for that is that Q10, Q5 and now Z30 have all been released after Z10.

point is, don't worry yourself about what the out-of-the-box OS is, you will still need to update to the latest OS once you pull it out of the pack

Skype works without any problem on all BB10 devices
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by beedam(f): 9:08am On Nov 21, 2013
walcolm:

to do a quick price check from many shops, use pricecheck.com.ng

the very first batch of Z10s were released with 10.0.0.XXXX OS since then 10.1.X.XXXX, 10.1.X.XXXX MR and now 10.2.0.424 has been officially released

depending on when the device you pick is manufactured, the current official available at that time will be what is loaded on it, so all you have to look for is the OS installed on the pack. i don't expect you to find anything more than 10.1.X.XXXX because Z10 is most probably not being manufactured again...the reason for that is that Q10, Q5 and now Z30 have all been released after Z10.

point is, don't worry yourself about what the out-of-the-box OS is, you will still need to update to the latest OS once you pull it out of the pack

Skype works without any problem on all BB10 devices
. Thanks so much. U ve answered my question. Expect more wen I get the phone today. Please don't get tired of Oo◦°°˚˚
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by CaptJHMiller: 11:48am On Nov 21, 2013
I subscirbed for mothly glo.. Comonth to 777 it refuse to activate on my phone called customer care to no avail.. So I just removed it and put in OS7 bb phone and it activated. Does this mean my 1k don go b that? E go pain me o, after gathering all my money to buy phone and the last 1k I get for subscription and its a waste..
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by CaptJHMiller: 12:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Just placed the sim in my BB10 and is working.. I am so happy.

Please how do I screen grab it a Z10
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by derbylicious: 1:52pm On Nov 21, 2013
@walcom,howdy?
I use the licious comonth,but for sometime "can't verify apn settings" pops up and my signal goes off. My apn is blackberry.net
I always turn mobile et data service off and then on again to get back the signal. It just started recently. what sayest thou? SOS!
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Just placed the sim in my BB10 and is working.. I am so happy.

Please how do I screen grab it a Z10
glad it's working now. Use volume up and down together
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
derbylicious: @walcom,howdy?
I use the licious comonth,but for sometime "can't verify apn settings" pops up and my signal goes off. My apn is blackberry.net
I always turn mobile et data service off and then on again to get back the signal. It just started recently. what sayest thou? SOS!

Glo BIS has some queer behaviour on BB10 devices...i experience the same thing occasionally myself. i guess its because Glo BIS is not officially supposed to work on BB10 devices but its a revenue generator for them and they have decided to look the other way
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
beedam: . Thanks so much. U ve answered my question. Expect more wen I get the phone today. Please don't get tired of Oo◦°°˚˚

I still de wait to hear the news

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.