Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,005 members, 7,919,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 12:35 AM

The Hail Mary Of A Protestant - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Hail Mary Of A Protestant (1065 Views)

When Last Did You Say The Hail Mary As A Christian / True Story Of The Hail Mary Of A Protestant / Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hail Mary Of A Protestant by tobechi20(m): 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
The Hail Mary of a Protestant
(A true story)

A little six-year-old Protestant boy had often heard his Catholic companions reciting the prayer "Hail Mary." He liked it so much that he copied it, memorized it and would recite it every day. "Look, Mommy, what a beautiful prayer," he said to his mother one day.

"Never again say it," answered the mother. "It is a superstitious prayer of Catholics who adore idols and think Mary a goddess. After all, she is a woman like any other. Come on, take this Bible and read it. It contains everything that we are bound to do and have to do." From that day on the little boy discontinued his daily "Hail Mary" and gave himself more time to reading the Bible instead.

One day, while reading the Gospel, he came across the passage about the Annunciation of the Angel to Our Lady. Full of joy, the little boy ran to his mother and said: "Mommy, I have found the 'Hail Mary' in the Bible which says: 'Hail full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women.' Why do you call it a superstitious prayer?"

On another occasion he found that beautiful Salutation of St. Elizabeth to the Virgin Mary and the wonderful canticle MAGNIFICAT in which Mary foretold that "the generations would call her blessed."

He said no more about it to his mother but started to recite the "Hail Mary" every day as before. He felt pleasure in addressing those charming words to the Mother of Jesus, our Savior.

When he was fourteen, he one day heard a discussion on Our Lady among the members of his family. Every one said that Mary was a common woman like any other woman. The boy, after listening to their erroneous reasoning could not bear it any longer, and full of indignation, he interrupted them, saying:

"Mary is not like any other children of Adam, stained with sin. No! The Angel called her FULL OF GRACE AND BLESSED AMONGST WOMEN. Mary is the Mother of Jesus Christ and consequently Mother of God. There is no higher dignity to which a creature can be raised. The Gospel says that the generations will proclaim her blessed and you are trying to despise her and look down on her. Your spirit is not the spirit of the Gospel or of the Bible which you proclaim to be the foundation of the Christian religion."

So deep was the impression which the boy's talk had made that his mother many times cried out sorrowfully: "Oh my God! I fear that this son of mine will one day join the Catholic religion, the religion of Popes!" And indeed, not very long afterwards, having made a serious study of both Protestantism and Catholicism, the boy found the latter to be the only true religion and embraced it and became one of its most ardent apostles.
Re: The Hail Mary Of A Protestant by tobechi20(m): 10:37am On Apr 07, 2013
Responce
Re: The Hail Mary Of A Protestant by elviszzz: 11:12am On Apr 07, 2013
Tobechi,u have a father and a mother don't you? If Mary is d mother of God,then who is the father?
Re: The Hail Mary Of A Protestant by elviszzz: 11:15am On Apr 07, 2013
D word Christian means "followers of Christ" where in d Bible did Jesus say we shld honour Mary? Pls quote it. When Jesus was on d cross,He addressed Mary as "woman" behold ur son, why not "Mother"
Re: The Hail Mary Of A Protestant by Lovethywilbedon: 11:33am On Apr 07, 2013
elviszzz: D word Christian means "followers of Christ" where in d Bible did Jesus say we shld honour Mary? Pls quote it. When Jesus was on d cross,He addressed Mary as "woman" behold ur son, why not "Mother"
Jesus did not tell poeple to hounor, Rather "HE DID THE HOUNORING HIMSELF". Will you stop HATING Mary if I show you a place in the bible where Jesus gave hournor to Mary in a way He would not have done for any creature, even an Angel?
Re: The Hail Mary Of A Protestant by Lovethywilbedon: 11:42am On Apr 07, 2013
elviszzz: D word Christian means "followers of Christ" where in d Bible did Jesus say we shld honour Mary? Pls quote it. When Jesus was on d cross,He addressed Mary as "woman" behold ur son, why not "Mother"
By calling her "woman" does that in any way change the fact that Mary is the Mother of Jesus? Okay let me ask you a questionsadQ) What is the name of the "WOMAN" that gave birth to Jesus?
Re: The Hail Mary Of A Protestant by elviszzz: 11:50am On Apr 07, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: Jesus did not tell poeple to hounor, Rather "HE DID THE HOUNORING HIMSELF". Will you stop HATING Mary if I show you a place in the bible where Jesus gave hournor to Mary in a way He would not have done for any creature, even an Angel?

Who is the new testament Jesus or Mary? In d Bible Jesus said "I am the way,the truth and d life" "no one cometh to d Father except tru Me" .who told u am hating Mary,dnt b biased. A lot of u dnt study d word for ursef,u just accept wat religion teaches uu n besides Christianity is not a religion "its a way of life" , followers of Christ is who a Xtian is.
Re: The Hail Mary Of A Protestant by elviszzz: 11:57am On Apr 07, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: By calling her "woman" does that in any way change the fact that Mary is the Mother of Jesus? Okay let me ask you a questionsadQ) What is the name of the "WOMAN" that gave birth to Jesus?
Tanks for d insult,it shows ur personality and your being carnal minded.
Re: The Hail Mary Of A Protestant by Lovethywilbedon: 12:15pm On Apr 07, 2013
elviszzz:

Who is the new testament Jesus or Mary? In d Bible Jesus said "I am the way,the truth and d life" "no one cometh to d Father except tru Me" .who told u am hating Mary,dnt b biased. A lot of u dnt study d word for ursef,u just accept wat religion teaches uu n besides Christianity is not a religion "its a way of life" , followers of Christ is who a Xtian is.
(1)I asked you a question which requires something like "YES" show me OR "NO" don't show me, you simply avoided both because you don't want to see where Jesus "HOUNORED" Mary and consequently change your Anti-Catholic mentality.(2)Christianity is a Religion, check your DICTIONARY, by the way why do you poeple like talking like Muslems. (3)We are the TRUE FOLLOWERS of Christ Because we do what Christ did, Christ honoured His Mother so we are imitating Him. (4)now this one is a question; IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG IN IMITATING CHRIST?
Re: The Hail Mary Of A Protestant by Lovethywilbedon: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2013
elviszzz:
Tanks for d insult,it shows ur personality and your being carnal minded.

You are too late, by the way I didn't see any insult in my comment which you qouted.I am sorry if you saw any insult "by mistake" Besides you didn't answer the QUESTION in that comment; please go back and answer the question.
Re: The Hail Mary Of A Protestant by amanda2013(f): 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2013
elviszzz: Tobechi,u have a father and a mother don't you? If Mary is d mother of God,then who is the father?
smh! Nxt questn pls

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What IF / You Can Forcefully Sleep With Non-muslim Women In War – Islamic Cleri / Best Raksha Bandhan Messages 2014 | Best Rakhi Messages 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.