Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,373 members, 7,881,342 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:17 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1110644 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
BraniacX:
the annulment wouldn't have stripped ellia Martel's children of their status, just ellia alone

I think it does. Why have an annulment when he can be polygamous ? He wasn't even king yet.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2017
BraniacX:

You got it all wrong, but prove me wrong in westerosi terms if you think I'm wrong

No Westerosi terms, there's been no history of annulment. We would have to use the history of our world.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
BraniacX:

her teacher jhaqen ha'agar was skilled, yet he was captured by the goldcloaksundecided

After reading ACOK and AFFC, do you think he was captured ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Adek15(m): 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
You were good.... But you're not as smart as you thought you were.
R. I. P
exactly, what was he waiting for after bran said that?? he should have fled
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
Seun:

If anything happened to any of Dany's crew, she would have taken Kings Landing with her dragons, dothraki, and unsullied army.
I thought of thay too. Infact of Dany really wanted that iron throne she would have gotten it that day although it will be bloody and so many pple willl die.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
Who else saw littlefinger shed crocodile tears? I was like so this guy is afraid of death yet he can kill people and cause chaos.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sharex15: 4:16pm On Aug 29, 2017
Tyrion isn’t distraught, he’s wary and doubtful.

Dany didn’t tell Tyrion that Jon had bent the knee to her — pertinent information that he, her hand, did not have before heading into a difficult negotiation.

Now, she’s bedding Jon just days after feigning a lack of interest in him.

Tyrion has no way of knowing if this was the duo’s first sexual encounter, or if this dalliance has been going on since longer.

And if she didn’t reveal these two things, what else might she be hiding?

Add to this the fact that Dany had been openly questioning his judgment and allegiance, and all it would take to seed uncertainty in Tyrion’s mind are a couple of whispers from Cersei.

To be clear, Dany isn’t intentionally hiding anything — it’s just oversight. But if the seed of apprehension has taken root in Tyrion’s head, he will start wondering if his queen trusts him and if he should trust her.

The show has given us no indication that Tyrion is romantically interested in Dany. Fans thinking that Tyrion was envious of Jon are projecting their own wishes onto the character.

One of Tyrion’s story arches this season is mainly noticing two things about Dany:

She is emotional and prone to impulses
She and King in the North are catching feelings
Up until their conversation by the fire on episode 6, Tyrion still thinks both points can be worked around. He was somewhat optimistic back in ep. 5 when he and Varys were sitting down with some wine discussing being Hands to Targaryens; and when he and Dany was speaking by the fire he was almost amused by her talks of heroes (his smirk when she said, “this… Jon Snow” was very relatable when you’ve had a friend who’s vehemently denied crushing on someone in a very obvious way).

But then Dany decided to jump onto her dragon the moment Jon needed to be saved, and Jon publicly swore allegiance to Dany at the worst possible time. Both decisions proved to be bad ones–Dany’s lost them Viserion, and Jon’s nearly screwed everything up for them and made losing Viserion (and Thoros!!) a waste.

Tyrion believes in Dany, and he believes in Jon. He knows in his heart that both of them have the best intentions. On a personal level I even believe he’s actually happy (if not amused) by the fact that they found each other.

But he’s also seen them make stupid decisions, and this seems amplified whenever it’s concerning each other. At this point, he doesn’t trust either Dany or Jon when it comes to each other, because they’ve proven to him that they are very capable of throwing away everything they’ve all worked for when it comes to ~love~ and ~feels~.

In short, Tyrion believes that now the King and Queen have screwed each other, they are screwed.
As Maester Aemon said to Jon in season 1 "Love is the death of duty"

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by simi4me(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
euron greyjoy : can they swim?

Jon snow : no

euron greyjoy : good, am taking the iron fleet back to the iron island.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tapout(m): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
just finished seeing ep7

# to be frank my heart sank the moment cersie gave the mountain the go ahead to kill Jamie, remain small make heart attack catch me grin grin she has a heart afterall kiss (looks like her soft spot has been spotted)

#as for Aegon Targaryen aka Jon snow, I don't blame him for shagging his anty cheesy afterall even the night king himself has a dragon to keep himself warm grin grin...

#I saw little fingers death coming. I knew sansa was just playing along cool

And finally, I really didn't see this coming

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by simi4me(m): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
"My armies will not stand down. I will not pull them back to the capital, I will match them north to fight along side you in the great war. The darkness is coming for us all, we will face it together. And when the great war is over, perhaps you'll remember I choose to help with no promises or assurances from any of you. I expect not"

cercie lanister

Lena Heady is a very good actress and deserve an Emmy award for her role in game of thrones.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
BraniacX:

He still looks like viserys, your dream fuckboy rhaegar tongue

And its Bran(ia)cX

Rhaegar wasn't a fuckboy. angry

He was only supposed to look like one but they made him so fugly embarassed

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
RobinHez:

Even after her graduation from LF's academy you still think she's a mumu
You need to be taken to the elders for special prayers. angry
Lol..grin.. bruh mercy fa..
TheKingIsHere come save me... wonders shall Neva end.grin.. den Sansa fans club Don get mouth o..!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
Magnifico2000:
Episode 7 wasnt bad afterall, it was worth the wait.
was lit grin.. me expected one hardcore battle Sha.. Against d NK or Cersie..
Bt got none Kai.. season 8 gon b too Hot handle ..grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dgunnerz(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
simi4me:
"My armies will not stand down. I will not pull them back to the capital, I will match them north to fight along side you in the great war. The darkness is coming for us all, we will face it together. And when the great war is over, perhaps you'll remember I choose to help with no promises or assurances from any of you. I expect not"

cercie lanister

Lena Heady is a very good actress and deserve an Emmy award for her role in game of thrones.

You mean another Emmy?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2017
Sth bugs me Abt LF's death..grin..

it seemed everyone knew Abt his impending trial n execution except him... Rily?.. one of d most informed men in Westeros who makes it a pt to av spies everywhere he went failed to catch a whiff of his trial n execution?..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Elymoney(f): 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
My guy.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Elymoney(f): 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2017
Yonce:

Rhaegar wasn't a fuckboy. angry

He was only supposed to look like one but they made him so fugly embarassed

Beastly you mean. Them no try at all. Love is blind. I no need anymore proof.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by simi4me(m): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2017
Dgunnerz:

You mean another Emmy?

yes

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2017
Elymoney:

Beastly you mean. Them no try at all. Love is blind. I no need anymore proof.
Lol... He was okay na grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
GMan650:
If Tormund survives that NK assault and makes it to Winterfell, then I guess we'll have a Triple Threat Match as to who takes 'Brienne of f**king Tarth'.

The contenders:

- Tormund(Lord commander of the Night's watch Oops! There's no Wall again)

- Ser Jaime (We've seen the way Brienne eyes him)

- Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane (Trust me, dog got a soft spot for the lady).

Who do y'all think will get Brienne to bed?
AryaSand Nicolars PreacherX IamLegend1 Magnifico2000 BraniacX Yonce TheKingIsHere Ksslib Gbola5 Everyone else
I place my bet on Jamie
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by suchmuch: 7:33pm On Aug 29, 2017
Following
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by piagetskinner(m): 7:35pm On Aug 29, 2017
SAMBHOSS:
How is season 8 2019

oh Lord!!!

izzz far cry

Chai....I hope internet go still de by then
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2017
GMan650:
If Tormund survives that NK assault and makes it to Winterfell, then I guess we'll have a Triple Threat Match as to who takes 'Brienne of f**king Tarth'.

The contenders:

- Tormund(Lord commander of the Night's watch Oops! There's no Wall again)

- Ser Jaime (We've seen the way Brienne eyes him)

- Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane (Trust me, dog got a soft spot for the lady).

Who do y'all think will get Brienne to bed?
AryaSand Nicolars PreacherX IamLegend1 Magnifico2000 BraniacX Yonce TheKingIsHere Ksslib Gbola5 Everyone else
Of course it's clegane bro
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Chysler(m): 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
Ksslib:

If what I read online is true, I am afraid Tyrion is in love with Dany. shocked

According to what I read, The original plan in George Martin's 1993 draft was to make Jon fall in love with a relative - Arya. This will lead to deathly war between Jon and Tyrion because Tyrion happens to be in love with Arya too.

According to what I read, other events in the complete draft for "A song of Ice and fire" - the novel- has happened so far, and will probably remain that way for upcoming events. The only difference being the person now involved, Daenerys, not Arya.

Other people are also pointing to when Tyrion advised Daenerys to leave Daario Naharis back in meeren. How Tyrion said "He's not the first person to love you, and will not be the last" with a longing, strange look in his eyes.

Again, at the house of the undying, she was told " three reasons will you know.... Once for blood, once for gold and once for love". If we are to assume this to refer to a betrayal, "once for gold" could be how Cersei betrayed her to collude with the iron bank. Could "Once for love" signal an imminent betrayal by Tyrion?

The prophecies are ambiguous and could mean anything..... but should Tyrion be actually in love with Dany - a thought a part of me is constantly rebuking - then the " once for love" could just be the imp.

Besides, come to think of it, that - now famous - "Tyrion look" which ended the season finale could be intentional from the producers of GoT. In my little experience of watching TV series, a season finale has to have atleast one of these ingredients to hit home: 1. The ending must be tragic for either the bad or good guys( in most cases it's against the good guys) 2. It must end with an epiiiiiiiiiiiiiic revelation almost no one ever saw coming (this one works all the time).

Now that everyone will soon know of Jon's true origins, Tyrion will have the perfect excuse to drive a wedge between them, for political or personal reasons ( if Tyrion is in love with Dany). Remember, "Jon is the heir to the throne".

Either way, it's a win win for the imp.

It's a season finale, every scene and casting has to count. I think that Tyrion scene was symbolic.

In the light of this, I urge all Daenysnowgaryan fans to burn that sex scene into a disk and store it somewhere safe like the Iron bank bravos...... because that might just be the first and last time we'll ever get to see Jon scatter a Tagaryan kpekus . cry cry

Tyrion is rumoured to be Targeyrn... If it is true, I see him consummating his marriage with sansa in season8 and becoming lord of caterly rock and westerlands... Y Bran will rule as lord of winter fell and north remember Bran the builder normally say " there must always be a stark in winter fell".... In all house targeyrn and house stark will be ruling the north , the west, probably the Eyriees if Robin arryn marries Arya knowing the both house marriage connection... Y kingsland will be in the hands of Jon and Dany.... My imaginations!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Chysler(m): 9:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
I don't know if am the only one when scrolling through random pages on Google and come across words like *target* or *Game* , had to quickly scroll back to see if it was talking about *Targeyrn* or *Game of thrones* cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by rose54321: 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Ladies...

Lol Qyburn is one interesting character with so few lines...

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by rose54321: 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
simi4me:
euron greyjoy : can they swim?

Jon snow : no

euron greyjoy : good, am taking the iron fleet back to the iron island.

Cersei is just like Tywin her father. I never would have guessed that the Euron scene was prearranged. Damn.
In all fairness to her. Tywin would have done exactly the same thing, pledge allegiance then betray. She truly is her father's child.

On another note, while I dislike Sansa character I loved how GRRM made us realise that everyones strength is relative to their journey. Arya could never have survived Sansa journey she lacks the patience (she would have long been killed) and equally Sansa could never have survived Aryas.

Sansa's path needed patience to a fault while Aryas needed a fighter.
In other words we are all equipped with the tools needed to survive in life. We should never compare or underestimate another's journey.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
rose54321:

Cersei is just like Tywin her father. I never would have guessed that the Euron scene was prearranged. Damn.
In all fairness to her. Tywin would have done exactly the same thing, pledge allegiance then betray. She truly is her father's child.

On another note, while I dislike Sansa character I loved how GRRM made us realise that everyones strength is relative to their journey. Arya could never have survived Sansa journey she lacks the patience (she would have long being killed) and equally Sansa could never have survived Aryas.

Sansa's path needed patience to a fault while Aryas needed a fighter.
In other words we are all equipped with the tools need to survive in life. We should never compare or underestimate another's journey.

That's true, every man's journey is different...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seunpaul01(m): 10:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
The funniest part of this episode was when littlefinger cried. His reaction was superb. My nigga no wan die.

grin grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Chysler(m): 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
Loved Littlefinger! He was a great character! One of the most badass villains on the show! Characters don't have to be "good" to be loved - they have to be well written! It is easy to play the hero but much harder to play the villain... Respect Aiden Gillen my man! cool

7 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Chysler(m): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
Is like it skipped most people, what really finished LF's denial of the crimes leveled against him by sansa wasn't Brans first revelation of the knife to the throat but his "I told you not to trust me"... If am not mistaken that was LF's exact words to Ned when he betrayed him to the lannisters and held the knife to his throat. With that Revelation LF knew Bran truely had a vision and there was no room for his Denial... All these came upon him suddenly and unprepared.... He had to fall on his knees and use the love appeal but was already late.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seunpaul01(m): 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2017
Cercei is just too good. She commanded the situation like a real Queen. Dany looks like a learner when she talks. Cercei even made her start her first statement with an apology.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.