Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,933 members, 7,872,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:30 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (761) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1108420 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 07, 2019
nani6666:
Just seen the latest Episode... My dude Jon snow is now a Casual hand bag.... Turned himself to Pant.... Sad something.... No matter whatever he says, he bent that knee cos of the P... His people were not in his mind at all ✔️

Meanwhile, Deanerys slowly getting backed to a corner... Two Dragons down, one left, and fear wee not even let that one come within striking distance, as There are plenty of OP Spears too waste... She even had the mind to ask Cerci to Surrender, when they just casually wrecked her Dragons... Smh... Well, at least now she knows they mean business...

Jamie tho, just when we thought the dude was finally free from that incestuous Pússy, baba ran back to her as soon as he heard she could die... Epic Lost Cause

The way things are going, I won't be surprised if they end up Killing Jon Snow again, Arya will probably be the one to kill him this time, in order to save everyone from his Lovesick Idiocy and stop him from selling all of them to a Power Hungry dragon Lady
Please, stop assuming too much. There's nothing going on in the show that would make Arya to kill Jon. She's a cold murderer, but values her family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 9:43pm On May 07, 2019
crixuss:

No. Your initial argument was that the modern day Art of War which Game of Thrones relies on in its story telling was derived from the bible and dictated by God as evidenced in Deuteronomy and I called bullshit on that claim. Here are your exact words:

"Starting from the Bible which the modern day
'Act of War' based its principles on, God instructed the
israelites on what to do before engaging in war, who to kill,
what to kill, who to enslave etc. (Deuteronomy 20:10, reading
the entire chapter is advisable)"

No. The rules of war in all historical societies don't look the same. The rules of law of the Mongols, also known as the Yassa, was different from that of the Islamic and Persian. territories they conquered. The rules of war of the Visigoths was different from that of the Romans. Rules of war have always differed across cultures and geographical territories, and some weren't even laid at all. Whatever similarities they share are almost negligible when put up against the weight of their differences.

NO. HELL NO. The rules of war that was crafted in Geneva IS NOT SIMILAR to the rules dictated in Deuteronomy or Leviticus or Numbers or Exodus. This is palpably absurd. How can you even make this sort of claim? The Israelites were a genocidal group of warriors. Their rules of war given to them by their God allowed for wiping out of entire nations, including the murder of children and babies. The Geneva war guidelines doesn't even allow for killing of unarmed civilians, let alone ethnic cleansing which was endorsed by the God of the Israelites. The Geneva guidelines also prohibit the capture of unarmed civilians and the use of them as slaves. But the rules of war of the Israelites allowed for the enslavement of members of the conquered territories. Whatever similarity is shared between the Geneva guidelines and the Deuteronomy account doesn't admit of a causal relationship between the two, but rather the presence within the biblical myth of commonsensical notions of war that any society could have come up with through military experience.

Amen brother
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nani6666: 9:43pm On May 07, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Please, stop assuming too much. There's nothing going on in the show that would make Arya to kill Jon. She's a cold murderer, but values her family.

Sadly Jon has never been her family... And she knows that now
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 07, 2019
nani6666:

Sadly Jon has never been her family... And she knows that now
How? Please. Isn't his mother a Stark? Arya has always considered him her brother and nothing will change that.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tapout(m): 9:48pm On May 07, 2019
still wondering why Euron and the iron fleet didn't take out both dragons since they were literally flying side by side... Even after that, they still had to wait for dany to make up her mind if she was going to burn them alive b4 she turned and fled. And then they stupidly started firing again.. What sort of furkery is that undecided sad sad
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nani6666: 9:52pm On May 07, 2019
Next Episode...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nwaobitex: 9:54pm On May 07, 2019
GOT should not fall my hand please
So many mistakes after taking 2 years to make
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Daeylar(f): 10:25pm On May 07, 2019
Seun:

To enjoy this final season, you should get used to not understanding things. The writers don't care anymore. The 'answer': she was on a canoe.

Not only this season..
G.O.T stopped making sense since season 7
And from what I'm reading it carried over to season 8
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 10:55pm On May 07, 2019
urboyAce:

he was shouting no no!

Why on earth would he shout that
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 10:57pm On May 07, 2019
urboyAce:

he was shouting no no!

Why would he shout that?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by urboyAce(m): 11:00pm On May 07, 2019
Eberex:

Why would he shout that?

I don't know bro, maybe he was frustrated.. probably because he couldn't get past the dragon

I've watched that scene severally... he shouted No!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 11:10pm On May 07, 2019
Elder0001:

She was named as one of the world’s most beautiful women in 2012

I’m referring to Emilia clarke

I believe Dany of season 1-3 was very hot unlike the dany of season 4-8
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 11:58pm On May 07, 2019
Just why, why?

Why didn't Dany turn around and roast Euron and his fleet, Euron can't quickly turn the ships around before the dragon fire will roast them. D & D why?

What a cheap way to get rid of the poor dragon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by lincoln08541(m): 2:45am On May 08, 2019
Ksslib:
You know, I tried. I tried so hard to shove aside my personal conviction and try see reason, logically, why Sansa is doing all this. Why she doesn't like Dany and all that stuff.

Since they say she has grown, matured, and now have sense, let me watch closely, maybe I'm missing something.

Let me just vomit the vomit here... pweeeeeehhhh

Sansa is an idiot. Sansa IS STILL the envious, cold-hearted idiot she was when she was little. She is just a mature idiot now, that's the only difference. Sansa has always been a bitttch from childhood and it grew with her. This is facts. She never liked Jon (for no sensible reason) unlike Arya. The same thing she's doing to Dany.

She is allergic to greatness.

While Tyrion & Lord Varys haven been with Dany for a very long time now, haven experienced all the battles she's fought & won, haven put her character under observation, have earned the right to question & wonder if she's truly the perfect queen that fits their ideals, what right does a so-called Lady of Winterfell who hid in the crptys has to question someone's leadership whom despite knowing being in the middle of such a dangerous & spontaneous battle makes her vulnerable, and if she dies so does her claim to the iron throne, still picked up a sword nevertheless and risked her life?

Tell me.. who should question who here? You hid in the fffucking crypts, only to come out when the coast is clear to start playing politics with people who risked their lives? People who had more to lose than you. Somebody whose death could have potentially sealed the fate of Westeros. Somebody whose death(if Dany dies eventually) will have ten thousand meanings than yours... Wtff!!! Is this what y'all call smartness?

Even the politics you're trying to play was built on breaking your brother's trust. His word, on an oath you promised not to break. I'm not even surprised. Sansa never liked Jon, unlike Arya. She doesn't hate him now though, but let's call him a valuable convenience she feels she can manipulate at will. Sansa doesn't hate Jon but I can't say she loves him much either, because I saw Sansa look at Theon Greyjoy's lifeless body in a way she can never look at Jon.

Jon is just a pawn in the bigger scheme of things. Anybody will be a better Queen/king to Sansa than Dany even if it's Buhari Tagaryen. What better to finish a girl you envy and hate for no reason than use the one person she loves?

The funny thing is, Dany, for all her so-called hardness and mean demeanor, is soft on the inside. This side of her comes out of hiding only when she's with Jon. She looks so different & vulnerable when she's with him. Sometimes I see them together, I smile... and shake my head in pity at the same time.. because nothing can bring that girl down. Not Cersei, not the round-headed, cockless varys pig.

If Dany is going down at the end, it will be Jon.

Gosh!! And of all the men in Westeros and beyond, the gods made her fall in love with an idiot. Jon & Dany are my faves but Jon has idiotic, irrational tendencies atimes.

Let's not even talk about how he blindly supported Dany's siege to King's landing that failed when the sensible option would have been to rest for a while. Even Grey-worm had to express his displeasure by moving a piece Jon placed on the battle-strategy map board, as if to say "Bros this no make sense at all".... Let's even forget this part & move on.

Even Bran knew catastrophe was lurking. Even Bran knew Jon needed time to think it through before opening his mouth. As the three eyed raven, I'm guessing he is not allowed to blatantly influence history by dictating what & what not people should say or do, that's why Bran didn't open his mouth to say shiit. He sat on the fence and
told Jon, "YOUR CHOICE"..

And Jon made his choice.

If Dany goes down at the end, it will be Jon. The man she loves. Only he weilds that power.

The curse of Love.

You should not put the love u have for dany against the fact that jon is the fair choice of the king of westeros,if u have been watching GOT from onset you would never question lord varys judgement because he always think abt wat is best for the realm(westeros). Dany is just the typical example of a nigerian politician, power hungry,she would do anything to be the queen even if it means to sleep with her nephew(jon). Varys said something to tyrion !dont u always come to think its people that does not want to rule that makes the best ruler!. Jon is the righful and fair ruler of westeros. Admit it

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kenturkish(m): 6:09am On May 08, 2019
JhyMedex:

I knew sum1 else will pick dt up..

Gendry Rivers n I'm like wah?..

Still sum pple defend dis drivel..
GOT Is the greatest tv series eva...but let's admit dey ruined it in d end...
Bastards of storms end are called Storm.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by PuntGenius: 6:25am On May 08, 2019
blackteddy:
Someone should help me explain how missandei was captured, coz I don't seem to get that part

Because Grey Worm tried to protect her by comanding her to go to the skiff when their boat was about to be attacked "get to the skiff. Now!" he said
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by PuntGenius: 6:36am On May 08, 2019
Tapout:
still wondering why Euron and the iron fleet didn't take out both dragons since they were literally flying side by side... Even after that, they still had to wait for dany to make up her mind if she was going to burn them alive b4 she turned and fled. And then they stupidly started firing again.. What sort of furkery is that undecided sad sad

Remember Rheghal was already injured during the NK battle so it was easy to target, also those Qyburn arrows are like projectiles fired at a particular angle, so it can be escaped by either moving upward, downward or sideways like Daenarys did.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kenturkish(m): 6:52am On May 08, 2019
Magnifico2000:

There is no need to complain about this. They can decide to use another person to play a character. It doesn't matter. So many things could have happened leading to changing of a person for a character.
Do u know that two people played Daario Neharis.
Do you know that two people played Dickon Tarly, samwell tarly's younger brother.
Do you also know that two people played Gregor. (the mountain)
Do you also know that tommen Baratheon played two roles. Firstly, as a cousin of Jamie Lannister. One of the Lannisters killed by Lord Karstark under Robb's reign
Secondly as tommen Baratheon himself.
So there shouldn't be any fuse about changing people playing the same character.
Gegor was 3 actually
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Unionised(m): 6:57am On May 08, 2019
crixuss:

Here is the summary of the Geneva convention rules of war.

1. No targeting of civilians.
2. No torture or inhumane treatment of detainees
3. No attacking of hospitals or aid centers.
4. Provision of safe passage for civilians to flee
5. Provision of access to humanitarian organizations.
6. No unnecessary or excessive loss or suffering.

All the verses you quoted break all these rules. How is this even an argument? Chapter 20:14 clearly states to kill every male. This goes against the NO TARGETING OF CIVILIANS RULE.

How dare you quote laws that instruct the killing of civilians and the allowance of slave ownership and the selfish plundering of the conquered nations resources, and draw a similarity between it and the rules of the Geneva convention that are humanitarian in intent? Are you high?

By the way, Deuteronomy 20:11 endorses slavery, not colonization. It's clearly says to make conquered people SERVE you.

A tribute (/ˈtrɪbjuːt/) (from Latin tributum, contribution) is wealth, often in kind, that a party gives to another as a sign of respect or, as was often the case in historical contexts, of submission or allegiance.

case closed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RuthlessLeader(m): 7:07am On May 08, 2019
More proof this show has become shit. They can ride dragons, have a giant crush a girl to death but petting a CGI wolf is too much.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iykmora(m): 7:09am On May 08, 2019
kenturkish:

Gendry was born in Kingslanding (flea bottom) not Storms end.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 7:13am On May 08, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

I believe Dany of season 1-3 was very hot unlike the dany of season 4-8
The reverse is the case for me.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:37am On May 08, 2019
Seun:

The Iron throne belongs to her because the original owner does not want it. He has already given it to her, out of love. So what is the problem?

Is Dany cruel? Jon Snow executed a young boy for avenging the death of his parents. He chopped off a man's head for disobeying him. Is she impulsive? Jon Snow lost the Battle of the Bastards at the cost of many lives because he tried to save a brother who was already dead.

Varys doesn't fight for the good of the realm. He fights for clueless rulers that he thinks he can manipulate and control. He hates strong rulers. That's why he supported the evil bastard Joffery even though Stannis had a better claim to the throne, at the cost of Ned Stark's life.

that young boy was under a code and disobeyed
how can you call a boy with the guts to stab a man in the heart a boy ehn.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:51am On May 08, 2019
kenturkish:

Gegor was 3 actually
Really?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 7:59am On May 08, 2019
kenturkish:
Aight Sir..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by crackhaus: 8:18am On May 08, 2019
Unionised:

A tribute (/ˈtrɪbjuːt/) (from Latin tributum, contribution) is wealth, often in kind, that a party gives to another as a sign of respect or, as was often the case in historical contexts, of submission or allegiance.

case closed.
Man, trust that nigga to come here and try to give you another definition of tribute - not knowing the difference between slavery and colonization. It's like chatting to a rock.

I can't anymore cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tapout(m): 8:24am On May 08, 2019
PuntGenius:

Remember Rheghal was already injured during the NK battle so it was easy to target, also those Qyburn arrows are like projectiles fired at a particular angle, so it can be escaped by either moving upward, downward or sideways like Daenarys did.

Euron wasn't at the battle at winterfell, how could he possibly know which dragon was injured?? He hasn't spent enough time with a dragon to know how it flies. Infact the first time he saw one was when dany came to dragonpit. Rheghal was shot multiple times about 3 or 4 times. As a matter of fact, the first shot to its breast area was obviously fatal. The other shots could have been directed at drogon.

Aside all these, why did Euron have to wait till dany fled before he and his crew started shooting again? undecided She was there in front of him contemplating on attacking or not. That was enough time to bring Drogon down. Remember the battle of the reach, where bronn kept firing at drogon even while it was charging at him. He only fled when it was obvious he was going to be killed. In Euron's case, there where multiple ships all mounted with scorpions. Any of them could have done the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 9:16am On May 08, 2019
Vivipop:
On a lighter note, so Danny isn't gonna get preggy? I bet if she ever does, that could be the only thing that would make her not to go the haywire way and probably stand beside Jon in the throne room.
Could Arya get pregnant? Am I asking for too much? Maybe that would change her mind towards being the lady of Stormend.
Could Brienne be carrying A little Lannister? I don't believe Cercie is pregnant and even if she is, that baby cannot live.
Gilly is pregnant, what would happen to little Sam? Is he still gonna be the heir to hornhill now that Gilly is carrying Samwel's real child?
I want a main character to get knocked up real fast and I don't know why I want that. Anyway...

Sam the slayer though. All our fat friend ever did at Oldtown was getting beneath the sheets with Gilly. "The nights were getting longer and there wasn't much to do in Oldtown", he says. What bleeping happened to reading, or wasn't that why he's there in the first place?
I bet our egbe bros is more of a 'smasher' now than a bookworm. All thanks to a soji wildling babe, Gilly grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Semtu(m): 9:28am On May 08, 2019
RuthlessLeader:
More proof this show has become shit. They can ride dragons, have a giant crush a girl to death but petting a CGI wolf is too much.

Bro, it's actually more difficult to use CGI on furry characters like in this case the dire wolf, and more importantly making Jon Snow interact with it.... Using CGI on a dragon with hard scales is considerably easier and less time consuming.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 9:37am On May 08, 2019
Aystarz:

Sam the slayer though. All our fat friend ever did at Oldtown was getting beneath the sheets with Gilly. "The nights were getting longer and there wasn't much to do in Oldtown", he says. What bleeping happened to reading, or wasn't that why he's there in the first place?
I bet our egbe bros is more of a 'smasher' now than a bookworm. All thanks to a soji wildling babe, Gilly grin grin
Gilly gave him all sort of Wildling styles and skills.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 9:45am On May 08, 2019
iykmora:
Gendry was born in Kingslanding (flea bottom) not Storms end.
It doesn't matter where he is born as long as he is robert baratheons bastard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.