Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,374 members, 7,923,494 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 08:07 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (771) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1124052 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamD18: 9:11am On May 10, 2019
Cinderallagirl:
if everybody is supporting something and only one person is not, that person doesn't matter, your sansa can go and jump into the lake of fire for all I care, stop disturbing us ok
I don't support what people are supporting. I say the truth.

I'm no fan of Sansa, neither am I a fan of Danny. But as far as in concerned, Danny is selfish.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by xxix: 9:54am On May 10, 2019
IamD18:
I don't support what people are supporting. I say the truth.

I'm no fan of Sansa, neither am I a fan of Danny. But as far as in concerned, Danny is selfish.

Put yourself in Danny's shoes and maybe you will understand her character. For me, Danny has been the most relatable character this season. No one would act differently given the circumstances.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamD18: 10:00am On May 10, 2019
xxix:

Put yourself in Danny's shoes and maybe you will understand her character. For me, Danny has been the most relatable character this season. No one would act differently given the circumstances.
This is you, being emotional, not being logical.

Is Danny not selfish?
Did she fight alongside with the North for the living or because she wanted their support for the iron throne?

Bruv, you'll only get my point if you can answer those questions truthfully.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 10:12am On May 10, 2019
My Battle Advice For Dany:

1) To protect herself from arrows, she needs to wear metal armour. Drogon is strong enough that the weight won't be an issue.

2) To avoid falling from the dragon, she should be strapped to it, with a comfortable mount like the ones ancient Targaryens used.

3) She should carry a crossbow and a few arrows so she can defend herself for a while if forcibly dismounted. Or ride with a fighter.

4) She should start by destroying military targets at night. Euron's fleet, the scorpions, soldiers manning the walls, the golden company, etc.

5) She should drop propaganda materials informing citizens about Cersei's atrocities and urging them to rebel, with food, into the Red Keep.

6) Wait for Arya, Jaime, and the citizens of King's Landing to kill or capture Cersei, as she continues the harassment of military targets.

7) After severely damaging or destroying all of Cersei's military forces, if Cersei is still in power, Dany's army can take the city easily.

A dragon can strike targets very precisely while doing lots of damage. The scorpions are stationary and made of wood. Advantage: Dany.

The above is simplistic and clearly incomplete; it's just meant to show that Kings Landing can be taken without killing civilians indiscriminately.

NB: No Dothrakis should be allowed into King's Landing.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by xxix: 10:38am On May 10, 2019
IamD18:

This is you, being emotional, not being logical.

Is Danny not selfish?
Did she fight alongside with the North for the living or because she wanted their support for the iron throne?

Bruv, you'll only get my point if you can answer those questions truthfully.
That's why I said you should put yourself in Danny's shoes. In that kind of situation emotions would take over logic.

To answer your question, she is not entirely selfish. She is entitled yes. She fought alongside the north because she felt it was the right thing to do. She didn't need their support, she had an army and three dragons, she could've conquered the whole bloody seven kingdoms if she wanted but she choose to offer them the chance to bend the kneel and subjugate themselves.

She has made some sacrifices, that is not something selfish people do.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 12:03pm On May 10, 2019
xxix:

If I was in dannys shoes,I will be happy that I am not the last of my kind, I have someone I finally care about and will work together with him to take the iron throne and not, hiding his identity and want the throne for my self
She even called it her destiny Even knowing she is not the legitimate heir to the throne.
You will never know a character well, until he or she taste power... She is selfish admit it... There is nothing relatable about the truth..

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 12:17pm On May 10, 2019
While the recent episode taught me a huge lesson about sticking my neck out for people, this very thread has taught me a greater lesson that humans are not deserving of help.

Dany is presently running at a huge loss. In the space of a little time, she has lost a whole lot. A hoarde of Dothraki, over half of his unsullied soldiers, if she didn't venture into the North, Viserion wouldn't have been speared from the sky. Although we weren't told what would have happened to humanity if Bran had been killed by the NK but what I do know is that the the entire North would have been leveled in an instant the NK went beyond the wall had Dany not sacrificed to be there.

She could have easily taken the Iron Throne but suspended the idea to fight with the North. Jon Snow would have known he was a Targaryen before the arrival of the Night King but he would have perished and we wouldn't be having this back and forth over Dany being selfish.

Perhaps people don't understand that Dany believes she is sent by some whatever to be the liberator of the people. The walk through fire reinforced that belief, not just within her but those who witnessed it.

I don't want to concern myself with who gets the Throne for now but should Dany turn out to be a Mad Queen then I say so be it! Most humans would break and cave in if the things happening to her were to happen to them in reality.

Those who would be able to relate to what Dany is passing through right are those who have stuck out their necks for people and got burnt terribly in the end. You'll never understand her if you don't picture yourself in her shoes.

She is obsessed about the Throne, no doubt. She has lost soldiers, and trusted friends because of her kind act. Asking her to forget the Throne is similar to saying one should give one's dream for whatever reasons there are.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 12:30pm On May 10, 2019
Why did D & D even make Arya and Brienne to have sex? Was it even necessary? Does it have any significance? undecided

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 12:35pm On May 10, 2019
DP84:
While the recent episode taught me a huge lesson about sticking my neck out for people, this very thread has taught me a greater lesson that humans are not deserving of help.

Dany is presently running at a huge loss. In the space of a little time, she has lost a whole lot. A hoarde of Dothraki, over half of his unsullied soldiers, if she didn't venture into the North, Viserion wouldn't have been speared from the sky. Although we weren't told what would have happened to humanity if Bran had been killed by the NK but what I do know is that the the entire North would have been leveled in an instant the NK went beyond the wall had Dany not sacrificed to be there.

She could have easily taken the Iron Throne but suspended the idea to fight with the North. Jon Snow would have known he was a Targaryen before the arrival of the Night King but he would have perished and we wouldn't be having this back and forth over Dany being selfish.

Perhaps people don't understand that Dany believes she is sent by some whatever to be the liberator of the people. The walk through fire reinforced that belief, not just within her but those who witnessed it.

I don't want to concern myself with who gets the Throne for now but should Dany turn out to be a Mad Queen then I say so be it! Most humans would break and cave in if the things happening to her were to happen to them in reality.

Those who would be able to relate to what Dany is passing through right are those who have stuck out their necks for people and got burnt terribly in the end. You'll never understand her if you don't picture yourself in her shoes.

She is obsessed about the Throne, no doubt. She has lost soldiers, and trusted friends because of her kind act. Asking her to forget the Throne is similar to saying one should give one's dream for whatever reasons there are.

You’re the most reasonable fellow on this thread .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamD18: 12:43pm On May 10, 2019
xxix:

That's why I said you should put yourself in Danny's shoes. In that kind of situation emotions would take over logic.

To answer your question, she is not entirely selfish. She is entitled yes. She fought alongside the north because she felt it was the right thing to do. She didn't need their support, she had an army and three dragons, she could've conquered the whole bloody seven kingdoms if she wanted but she choose to offer them the chance to bend the kneel and subjugate themselves.

She has made some sacrifices, that is not something selfish people do.
You made a very good point bruv, but sadly, it doesn't change the fact that she's selfish(entirely or not entirely).

You last line; Selfish people are ready to sacrifice whatever it takes, so long as they are hoping to gain.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 12:46pm On May 10, 2019
DP84:

She is obsessed about the Throne, no doubt. She has lost soldiers, and trusted friends because of her kind act. [b]Asking her to forget the Throne[b/] is similar to saying one should give one's dream for whatever reasons there are.
Ok.. Jon snow dieing and coming back again is not also an indication abi I don't know why people like u talk pooo... No body is saying that she should give up the throne. Even the legitimate heir says he doesn't want.
Dany story doesn't stop u from helping people, it only teaches that when something doesn't belong to u then it doesn't no matter how hard you try.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 12:49pm On May 10, 2019
meforkene:
Why did D & D even make Arya and Brienne to have sex? Was it even necessary? Does it have any significance? undecided

Bait ooooo

Another agenda incoming angry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by donrolex(m): 1:09pm On May 10, 2019
Did anybody notice that cercei shed tears when tyrion was asking her to surrender..or was i the only one that saw it?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 1:46pm On May 10, 2019
donrolex:
Did anybody notice that cercei shed tears when tyrion was asking her to surrender..or was i the only one that saw it?

I didn't see any
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 1:47pm On May 10, 2019
donrolex:
Tears of joy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 1:58pm On May 10, 2019
donrolex:

Only you saw it.

Cersei and tears because of Tyrion? hehehehe

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ChristoBam: 2:07pm On May 10, 2019
RuthlessLeader:

That's why there is something called Willing Suspension of Disbelief. All audiences have to practice it but it can be broken by events like the one in discussion.

They only made the attempt after danaerys came close to them and then ran away. Why didn't they do it while she was close?

And that's why there is suspension of disbelief. And even allowing it, there are plot holes. You can't just say that movies aren't real so don't criticise them. This is one of the reasons Nollywood is trash. You don't criticise it.

And they cannot execute that twist because it will be ridiculed and cost them a lot of money. Good, critically acclaimed films and series do not use this logic you use when making scenes and plot.

They don't but we accept them of suspension of disbelief. We also accept them because this is the magic system GRRM has introduced to us. For him to suddenly have characters do shit that has no foreshadowing so late in the show because it's magic and doesn't make sense will be an insult to the intelligence of fans. He knows this and won't do this.

Because of WSOB(willing suspension of disbelief). We know the dragons can't exist but we accept it because otherwise, there would be no story.

What we won't accept is when the dragons start doing things GRRM didn't tell us they could do or told us they couldn't do. If viserion and rhaegal were to come back to life and start bringing people back to life with their fire just like that with no reason, do you think fans would use your reasoning and clap for the show?

No. But with the way the scene went, drogon should have died as well. That's my complaint.

I want a good scene. If drogon had died I would say it was bad as well.

That's the problem with that whole thing. On no level does it make sense. If they wanted rhaegal dead, why not have him die in the battle of winterfell?

You guys are just looking for faults everywhere.. This thing is simple , Dragon is not like rhaegal. They had made many shots at Drogon and none touched him. At that point they didn't shoot while Dany was drawing near with Drogon, they were waiting for Drogon to draw near so they can take a clean shot.. No dey find loopholes everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 2:09pm On May 10, 2019
Seun:

1) To protect herself from arrows, she needs to wear metal armour. Drogon is strong enough that the weight won't be an issue.

2) To avoid falling from the dragon, she should be strapped to it, with a comfortable mount like the ones ancient Targaryens used.

3) She should carry a crossbow and a few arrows so she can defend herself for a while if forcibly dismounted. Or ride with a fighter.

4) She should start by destroying military targets at night. Euron's fleet, the scorpions, soldiers manning the walls, the golden company, etc.

5) She should drop propaganda materials informing citizens about Cersei's atrocities and urging them to rebel, with food, into the Red Keep.

6) Wait for Arya, Jaime, and the citizens of King's Landing to kill or capture Cersei, as she continues the harassment of military targets.

7) After severely damaging or destroying all of Cersei's military forces, if Cersei is still in power, Dany's army can take the city easily.

A dragon can strike targets very precisely while doing lots of damage. The scorpions are stationary and made of wood. Advantage: Dany.

The above is simplistic and clearly incomplete; it's just meant to show that Kings Landing can be taken without killing civilians indiscriminately.

Thanks for shearing your game plans to help dany win the game of thrones
Instead of people in this trend should be giving how the game plans should be, they are busy pitting Dany...
This is not the game of pity, cool ITS THE GAME OF THRONES... Although she won't win it grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Semtu(m): 2:10pm On May 10, 2019
donrolex:

What tears?.... Stop watching movies in 3gp format grin

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 2:14pm On May 10, 2019
donrolex:
She didn't shed tears but she teared up a little bit after Tyrion's speech, before composing herself and asking Missandei to say her last words. I was surprised to observe how emotional she was when he mentioned her love for her children, and also when he mentioned her pregnancy.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 2:16pm On May 10, 2019
xxix:

It's why we have this one huge problem manifesting in all facets of life in Nigeria - THE DROUGHT OF EMPATHY - which is borne out of our lack of emotional intelligence.

Could Sansa walk in Dany's shoes, if the Dragon Queen gave her her feet

Some brothers here need to do better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by urboyAce(m): 2:25pm On May 10, 2019
IamD18:

You made a very good point bruv, but sadly, it doesn't change the fact that she's selfish(entirely or not entirely).

You last line; Selfish people are ready to sacrifice whatever it takes, so long as they are hoping to gain.
She has sacrificed a lot. haba na, put your self in her shoes..
I feel her pain
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by urboyAce(m): 2:26pm On May 10, 2019
Semtu:

What tears?.... Stop watching movies in 3gp format grin
The speech broke her, thats she had Missandei killed as a pay back.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ChristoBam: 2:32pm On May 10, 2019
IamD18:

Catelyn never liked Jon, she could easily get rid of him knowing his true person.
What're you even saying sef?
Carolyn didn't just hate Jon, it was because she thought Jon was her husband's bastard. He was an evidence of her husband's infidelity. If she discovers Jon isn't her husband's bastartd, there's no reason to hate him anymore. So how do you say Catelyn will kill Jon?

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 2:33pm On May 10, 2019
Seun:

No matter what we say here, Dany is definitely gonna go Mad Queen 2.0 on Cersei and the rest of KL in the next episode.

Hate to even imagine her going that way, but the showrunners already set her down that path with the way the last episode ended. There's nothing anyone can do about it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 2:42pm On May 10, 2019
trustbaba:

Ok.. Jon snow dieing and coming back again is not also an indication abi?? I don't know why people like u talk pooo... No body is saying that she should give up the throne. Even the legitimate heir says he doesn't want.
Dany story doesn't stop u from helping people, it only teaches that when something doesn't belong to u then it doesn't no matter how hard you try.
It seems you haven't been seeing GOT let alone understand the perspective of resurrected folks with some said purpose. Beric, for example... Beric was resurrected severally by the lord of light to save Arya, according to the Red Woman. I could cook up a theory and say Jon was resurrected to assist the other, last living Targaryen - Dany. But then, it is all ideas cooked up in my head, just as yours.

See, long back and forth bore me. I don't even have the time... If you failed to learn from Dany's plight as you walk your way through life then I have no words for you. Just in case you missed it, the greatest lesson Dany's story taught us don't go about solving people's problems when yours is unsettled.

I have been trying hard to make sense of your post, the part I emboldened and I just can't. I can't recall seeing your name as one of the producers or the co-director to have concluded on an ongoing show. So it is safe to imply, going by your peppersoup ideology that Dany is not fit for contending for the Iron Throne? What a Wawu! grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:43pm On May 10, 2019
DP84:

amen bruv
Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 2:43pm On May 10, 2019
nwaobitex:
That D n D excuse that dany kinda forgot about the iron fleet was just dumb af.

And the 'Gendry Rivers' mistake? They probably forgot he was a 'Waters' too.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 10, 2019
DP84:

don't mind them, her whole life have been about the iron throne and she worked hard to get to where she is now, suddenly Jon is a targaryen and he derserve the throne, what happen to everything Dany did, I don't care if she becomes a mad queen, she definitely won't be worst than joffery, she should be my mad queen.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by armadeo(m): 3:21pm On May 10, 2019
Dany should have flown dragon round behind the fleet that killed his brother and burnt them all to crisp.

They were tightly packed and it would have been an easy slaughter.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamD18: 3:26pm On May 10, 2019
ChristoBam:

What're you even saying sef?
Carolyn didn't just hate Jon, it was because she thought Jon was her husband's bastard. He was an evidence of her husband's infidelity. If she discovers Jon isn't her husband's bastartd, there's no reason to hate him anymore. So how do you say Catelyn will kill Jon?
You are right.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamD18: 3:28pm On May 10, 2019
urboyAce:

She has sacrificed a lot. haba na, put your self in her shoes..
I feel her pain
You should feel for Late Jorah.cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.