Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,369 members, 7,917,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 07:38 PM

Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) (1188 Views)

5-Year-Old Boy Hugs Governor Okorocha (Photos)) / Imolites Storm Freedom Falls; Appreciate Gov. Okorocha (photos) / Dr Saraki On A Visit To Governor Okorocha (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 01, 2013
AFTER series of intrigues, the newly appointed Deputy Governor of Imo State, 48-year-old Prince Eze Madumere, was sworn-in Saturday amid tight security at the Sam Mbakwe Expanded Executive Council Chambers, Government House, Owerri.

Madumere’s name was submitted to the 27-member Imo State House of Assembly, presided by Benjamin Uwajimogu, after the impeachment of Sir Jude Agbaso, for “gross misconduct of office and bribery”.

He was screened and cleared after a seven–man panel headed by Justice Godwin Ihekire (rtd) submitted a report indicting Agbaso.

Okorocha; Chief Judge, Benjamin Njemanze; Speaker of the Assembly, Uwajimogu; Commissioners and others witnessed the swearing-in event.

Madumere said he would remain loyal to Okorocha whom he described as his mentor of several years. “Circumstance has made me the Deputy Governor of Imo State. I was comfortable as Chief of Staff,” he said. He swore that he never sought to become Deputy Governor.

Madumere wished Agbaso well.

Okorocha said: “This is the day the Lord has made, and we shall rejoice and be glad indeed.”

Okorocha urged the new Deputy not to be selfish, but rather discharge his duties as promised.

He regretted that Agbaso, whom he cherished, was booted out of office in ignominy.

“Let me use this opportunity to wish him well,” the governor said, adding that he stands by the wishes of the people.
This development comes on the heels of the historical impeachment of Sir Jude Agbaso. According to an official statement from the Government House signed by Ebere Uzoukwa, “Madumere replaces Sir Jude Agbaso who was impeached a couple of days ago by the Imo State House of Assembly for demanding and collecting a whopping sum of Four Hundred and Fifty Eight Million Naira (N458M) as gratification from Mr. Joseph Dina, Managing Director of JPROS Int’l Ltd, a Lebanese company handling some of the major road projects in the state. In his remarks, Gov. Owelle Rochas Okorocha urged the newdeputy governor to discharge his duties diligently and selflessly. In his words: “For you to succeed in this job, you must think less of
your yourself and think more of the people. You must never think of the next election but the future of the next generation. You must also hate the idea of primitive accumulation of wealth. Let me say to all of you that a day must come when all of us must bow before God; a day that need no EFCC, no Police and Army to stand on issue of accountability. So, be guided by the fear of God knowing that one day, this job will end”. ” I have this confidence in you that you will discharge this function without fear or favour. As we gather to celebrate your inauguration, remember that much is expected from whom much is given. And to Imo people, you heard from the deputy governor saying that he must not be found wanting. On that statement I stand as your governor. But be rest assured that the rescue mission is on course and will remain unturned”. ” Let me again say that it is unfortunate that I have to miss the former deputy governor, Sir Jude Agbaso whom I worked with and whom I have very unique love for. The circumstances that led to his removal is very unfortunate and I want to use this opportunity to wish him well in his future endeavor”. Earlier in his speech, the new deputy governor, Prince Madumere MFR promised to remain focused and committed to the doctrines of Gov. Owelle Rochas Okorocha-led Rescue Mission administration.

Re: Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 01, 2013
nice move!

Re: Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 01, 2013
Confra people
Re: Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2013
Is the Dep Gov having on trainers on that dress?
Re: Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 01, 2013
Prince Ezeakonobi Madumere was born forty eight years ago on the 4th day of
July 1964 to the Royal family of HRH Eze Henry Anorue Madumere and Ugoeze Malinda
Madumere of Achi Mbieri, Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State.

He attended Primary and Secondary Education in Owerri and Lagos state
respectively after which he travelled to the United States of America for
further studies. He had his first degree, B.sc in Business Administration from
San-Jacinto College, University of Houston Texas.

While in the United States of America, he worked as an Area Manager of Channel
Development in the KFC with PepsiCo Inc. for thirteen years.

He is a knight of Saint Christopher and at present the Chief of Staff to the
Governor of Imo state, His Excellency, Owelle Rochas Okorocha OON.

Prince Ezeakonobi Madumere MFR is a media Strategist, an astute Administrator
as well as Management Guru, a team player and an overall strategist per
excellence
Re: Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 01, 2013
no be small confra O!
Re: Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by KnowAll(m): 9:57am On Apr 01, 2013
He is a clone of "okorocha" they will probably get on like fire. But wait oh, fashion faux paux which one be the "trainers" wey this man wear ontop native. I have never seen such a dis-hevelled fashion disater in my life.
Re: Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by venatus25(m): 10:16am On Apr 01, 2013
this is a great move by Rochas, no tolerance for any corrupt official in Imo state. mek una help me tell Oga Jona to copy Rochas leadership style. datz all
Re: Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2013
cld it be my eyes are playing a fast one on me? is the deputy governor putting on trainers on that native attire?
let me go wash my eyez with Hipo- guess the fault is from my eyez. cool cool cool cool
Re: Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by MurderX: 12:18pm On Apr 01, 2013
KnowAll: He is a clone of "okorocha" they will probably get on like fire. But wait oh, fashion faux paux which one be the "trainers" wey this man wear ontop native. I have never seen such a dis-hevelled fashion disater in my life.
The pants he's wearing are jogger pants, I bet he was on a morning jogging exercise when he was called on his mobile to come for his swearing in. Rochas likely borrowed him the top and red cap.
Re: Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 01, 2013
The day Madumere went to collect his award from President Jonathan he was also wearing trainers with native

Not sure why he does that, but I guess when you got money you can afford to make mistakes and wear what you like

may be someone will copy ur style!!!!
Re: Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by owobokiri(m): 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2013
Just take a look at the Chief justice and the deputy governors legs
Re: Imo’s New Deputy Gov Sworn-in, Pledges Loyalty To Okorocha (PHOTOS) by Ejine(m): 8:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
O boy eeeeeh, come see disaster ooo!

Dis guy carry Nike Air Jordan trainers wear on top native!!! shocked shocked shocked

Calamity!

I no fit shout! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 13 Policemen In Bayelsa State / Sudanese President Omar Al-bashir Safe In Nigeria / Al-mustapha — Letter To President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.