Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub (21720 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Super Eagles Promise Win Over Kenya / TB Joshua Warned Keshi Over Last-Minute Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2013
First of all NO player is informed when their international career is over,they are just dropped and it is left for the player to use his brain and realise his career in the national team is over.
All the past greats-mention one of them who was informed by the coach that his career in the national team was over. Was Stephen Keshi phoned and informed that his days in the national team were over,when father Time caught up with him?
Or Rasheed Yekini or Teslim Balogun, or Christian Chukwu or Muda Lawal or John Chiedozie or Humphrey Edobor or Jay jay Okocha or Segun Odegbami?-Which of these past players recieved a letter informing them that their international careers were over? NONE!
Yobo has been honoured and adequately rewarded as a non playing capt of the AFCON winning team. The fact that he did not want the players who actually played and won the tournament,to touch the trophy on the podium was pathetic.
Yobo should wake up and smell the tea and retire in a honourable way. Going to the press was silly and hypocritical. Keshi should man up and appoint a new skipper.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by honeric01(m): 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sports Radio Brila FM
[size=18pt]Super Eagles coach, Steven Keshi has responded to the outburst of his disgruntled skipper, Joseph Yobo. Keshi said Yobo's displeasure is understandable and an indication that he still wants to play for Nigeria.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Samxiulee: 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2013
1forall: A good manager should know how to manage players' egos. The same thing happened with Osaze prior to the Nations cup, Mr Keshi needs to pay more attention to these details.
hummmm the best managers in the world mourinho and sir Alex don't give a hoot about any player's ego,as soon as u exhibit that,you are left on the bench and on your way out of the team.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by alajor(m): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
Yobo's phone rings, he picks d call and says....yobo..hello-...keshi-its me keshi,how r u?....yobo-i'm fine coach....keshi-good, I just wanted to tell u as d captain of d super eagles dat I won't include ur name in d team to play kenya. Hope u understand....yobo- I understand coach,thanks for informing me and good luck....keshi- thanks. Ok bye...yobo- bye coach. Call ends. Now was dat difficult and how much would it cost keshi. I rest my case.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by dabossman(m): 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
This is why I like playing Football Manager. If one of my players yarn dis kain dust, na transfer list straight and off to the reserve team. grin grin grin

But seriously, let us look at this from another angle. Is it compulsory that a coach must call every player he will not be inviting for a game or tournament? Osaze complained about this. So did Emenike, and now Yobo. But when you consider that there are probably over 100 Nigerian players both local and foreign based in the National team pool, does that mean the coach must call each one of them? Call Taiye Taiwo, Kalu Uche, Bright Dike, Haruna Lukman, Apam, Rabiu Ibrahim, Joel Obi, the dude in Singapore, China, Japan, Shooting Star, Kano Pillars, Eyinmba and so on.

Men, Keshi must have a huge budget for making phone calls o! Again I ask, is it mandatory? And does it also means that some players can safely assume that they have a permanent seat/shirt in the national team and will always be called up?

Just asking o!
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by andyanders: 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
Yobo, should be careful running to the press to air his mind over issues like this. He should be matured to have dealt with this cautiously than ranting over it. He is just been favored by even inviting him over last nations cup.His days are numbered and new and hungry players should be invited and not him.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by honeric01(m): 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
WORLD EXCLUSIVE: KESHI REPLIES YOBO

[b]With Sports Radio Brila FM breaking [/b]the news earlier today as Super Eagles Captain Joseph Ikpo Yobo publicly declared his disappointment and displeasure over the way he was snubbed by team gaffer Stephen Keshi for the March 23rd Brazil 2014 World Cup qualifier against the Harambee Stars of Kenya at the U.J Esuene stadium in Calabar, Coach Keshi has replied Yobo stating that Captain wasn’t needed for the encounter.

Speaking this evening with Brila FM’s Radio’s Anchor, Anthony Bekederemo, Keshi gave reasons for his actions.

“It’s true that I did not call Yobo to inform him that he will not feature in the game against Kenya because I knew how he was going to feel and I did not want to talk with him also because I know how we talked in South Africa when he wasn’t starting and I wanted to avoid a repeat of that “

The AFCON 2013 Winning coach however reinstated the fact that the Fenerbahce of Turkey defender is still very much important in the team.

“Yobo is still important in the team it’s just that at that moment in time he wasn’t needed but I thought he was going to understand because we talked a lot in South Africa”

Yobo is currently disgruntled with the way Keshi treated him but the Eagles gaffer has for the umpteenth time revealed he has nothing against Yobo.

“I have talked to Yobo in South Africa, I gave him example of myself and Kanu when we were not playing at some point during our playing careers and I am not going to say because Yobo is the Captain then I have to keep using him even if I don’t need him” he told Brila FM
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by larimo(m): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
I thought Yobo said he was retiring from national duties after the nations cup triumph

Anyway, calling the Captain is appropriate but the words of Yobo are misplaced. I sense pride calling the act disrespectful. Coaches call players that are very influential, which Yobo isn't though I salute his loyalty to the national team.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by vislabraye(m): 6:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sam xiu lee: hummmm the best managers in the world mourinho and sir Alex don't give a hoot about any player's ego,as soon as u exhibit that,you are left on the bench and on your way out of the team.

Abeg thank you jare. Manage player ego abi? Imagine Pep Guardiola massaging Ibrahamovic ego when they had a fracas.What happened after that? Or was it Rooney vs Fergie? Or Eto and Ronaldino vs Rekhard? Or Balloteli vs Morinho?
May be has he forgotten what Fergie did to Bechaam and Jaap Stam on different occassions.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by badassnigga(m): 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
Jezyfreezman: wetin dat wrestler wan
0ffer again?...make him q0 ma/stur/bate wit ab0niki balm lipsrsealed

I agree with u bro grin
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Jomark(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
Joseph Yobo=expired goods!
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by dougivilla(m): 6:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
Jomark: Joseph Yobo=expired goods!
Ingrate!! How many people in your entire lineage and LG go fit achieve 10% of wetin Yobo don achieve?

Does it ever occur to your brainless head that these guys have friends, associates and nuclear and extended family members, some of whom might come across this your senseless post?

Please go and put whatever is left of your expiring brains to work. *CMPP:ChairmanMumuPoeplesParty*
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Jomark(m): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2013
ritux: Yes I agree. Keshi messed up on this. Yobo is a senior player/captain so he should have at least informed him.

I personally don't like Yobo per se but he is right.
yeah he messed up while you messed down abi?... Bro you need Alabukun cuz u are soooo....high!
ritux: Yes I agree. Keshi messed up on this. Yobo is a senior player/captain so he should have at least informed him.

yeah he messed up while you messed down abi?... Bro you need Alabukun cuz u are soooo....high!

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Jomark(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
dougivilla: Ingrate!! How many people in your entire lineage and LG go fit achieve 10% of wetin Yobo don achieve?

Does it ever occur to your brainless head that these guys have friends, associates and nuclear and extended family members, some of whom might come across this your senseless post?

Please go and put whatever is left of your expiring brains to work. *CMPP:ChairmanMumuPoeplesParty*
plz drink otapiapia and die peacefully instead of crying in pains likw this! Accept my simpathy bro!
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Jomark(m): 7:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
Keshi you are very right cuz Yobo bridge has fallen down. He is now a calamity!
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Bomi(m): 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
Keshi was on the captain on the bench when Nigeria win Nations Cup in Tunisia 1994
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by etalker: 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
When Osaze complained about how he was bn left out by Keshi, Yobo was quick to lash at him. Now, he too has bn feed with the same sh.it Osaze was fed and he acted "childish" too.

Now, who is smiling huh?
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
One thing about Nigeria is that there is nothing like due proccess. Wots the big deal with keshi calling the captain of the club. Dat keshi guy's head need to be hammered

1 Like

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Hardetutu01(m): 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2013
LesbianBoy: First emenike complained he was not given a call now yobo?....Keshi you sef dey call ya player na its not fair jor!
abegi wetin e sabi again,make e go sit down give chance 4 gud youngstars joor....atleast someone step down 4 him to av chance ni
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 02, 2013
[quote
author=shizzle11]

Bullsh*t!
So was captain y'day doesn't mean he'll always be captain, he was
irrelevant in †ђξ last AFCON, his best are behind him and †ђξ
earlier he realises his days in †ђξ national are over, †ђξ better
for him. We have better, younger and hungrier boys for success.

Nansence! He isn't even professional about it. Which sensible player
goes to †ђξ media to discredit his manager/coach in public when he
still has †ђξ intention of featuring in †ђξ team while †ђξ manager
still holds sway. That on its own is gross indiscipline.

So much for pride and arrogance![/quote]
Can u see how useless u are? Was it Keshi that made hin Captain? All of u that dont respect authority will never amount to anyhing in life.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by mrperfect(m): 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
He would called him.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by dougivilla(m): 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
Jomark: plz drink otapiapia and die peacefully instead of crying in pains likw this! Accept my simpathy bro!
No way! I can't die the way your useless father died. U're next. Like father, like son.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by vosquare: 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
chai
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by vosquare: 8:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
TEL MI SUMTIN
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by vosquare: 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2013
YOBO 2 DEY TALK
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by elbinmanny(m): 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
Laughing at yobo while sipping my ogogoro with osaze cheesy
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by esikpogho: 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
he bi like say this keshi don't dey smoke sarowiwa.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by samilo88(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
Dr. Whizy:
first 2 comment on ur comment. grin grin grin #sips palm wine
First to comment on the comment you commented on..**Dancing Alingo**
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by praxx(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
this guy should have known his time is up with the team. is he expecting to get a call to sit on the bench just like he did in the afcon. by the way yobo was part of the people who criticized osaze for his rant with the coach and now.......captain indeed
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by gboodoo(m): 11:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
wat goes around comes around. wen osaze complained evrybody crucified himself. now emenike, yobo. who next?
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
Another osaze on the loose.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 02, 2013
chrisxxx: Keshi has just confirmed the grouse of Osaze. Remember Osaze remark about Yobo? A captain being taken out of reckoning of team's affairs is not captain enough. It now boils down to why are we criticizing Osaze for crying out loud?

they wont answer this vital question u raised.
tot yobo was on keshi's side when same was done to osaze and he voiced out his feelings while yobo blasted him and told him that they cant continue to pamper him.
guess keshi is also now tied of pampering yobo.
what goes around surely do comes around. yobo, it ur turn so deal with it.
he just succeed in proving osaze right then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All African Games: Nigerian Athletes Break African Record In Thrilling Race / BON Commentary On Russia 2018 / Tokyo2020: Tobiloba Amusan Narrowly Misses On Podium Position, Finishes 4th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.