Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,100 members, 7,973,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:15 AM

The Shame Called The Flying Eagles Of Nigeria! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Shame Called The Flying Eagles Of Nigeria! (588 Views)

Flying Eagles Beat Enyimba 2 - 0 With Just 10 Men In Abuja / Adidas Officially Dumps Super Eagles Of Nigeria / Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shame Called The Flying Eagles Of Nigeria! by architectB(m): 10:05am On Apr 03, 2013
[b]The Shame called the FLYING EAGLES OF NIGERIA!

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria just crashed out of the African Youth Championship at the semi-final stage. Now they are hoping to clinch the Bronze medal which in my mind is very unimportant.

While the tourney was on, I was faced with a dilemma in that when we lost a match, I was sad because nobody likes to lose and when we won, I was still sad cos the fact that we were using over aged players comes 2 the fore.

How can u possibly explain a team that uses the same set of players to execute the same age grade competition on three different occasions; is that saying they were only 15years old when they played the first tourney? Even if they were, then that naturally should be a cue 4 us 2 take advantage of the situation and bring in new players so that at the very least, we can build our player base. But in Nigeria, we prefer 2 use the same set of players over and over again all in the bid 2 win tourneys.

The question wud now be – what is the effect of our action on our football?

Our result at the senior level over the years has been appalling. Imagine a country like ours, replete with talents everywhere and yet we have never qualified 4 the quarter final of the world cup; I think it’s a shame cos in my mind, brazil might just be the only country on the face of the earth that has as much talent as we have but they have 5 world cup trophies 2 prove it but what do we have; always struggling 2 qualify 4 d event.

I only hope we change our ways so that we can start harvesting the good from our good and wise actions. I want 2 see my country win the world cup soon and I believe it is possible, but first let’s do right.

As for our flying Eagles, let the team be disbanded and let us form a new team made up of truly young players that will represent us at the world youth championship. If we lose, so be it but then we would now have truly young players that we can groom 2 take over from the old legs that have been giving us false hope all these years…
Re: The Shame Called The Flying Eagles Of Nigeria! by DonaldGenes(m): 10:14am On Apr 03, 2013
....In a qame of soccer,its a win-lose scenario,so don't feel bad we lost out! Sometimes let others who are serious have the day.
Re: The Shame Called The Flying Eagles Of Nigeria! by architectB(m): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2013
Donalð Genes: ....In a qame of soccer,its a win-lose scenario,so don't feel bad we lost out! Sometimes let others who are serious have the day.

The point i am trying 2 make is that we should always use the right aged players to execute our tourneys so we can develop our football eventually...
Re: The Shame Called The Flying Eagles Of Nigeria! by Syenite(m): 6:45am On Apr 04, 2013
It is nt true that this set of players are in the their 3rd AYC.some of them featured in the U17 of 2009 b4 graduating in2 the U20 in 2011.in this 2013 edition 5 of them still fall within the U20 so he used them. Kenneth Omeruo is also part of this team bt was excluded due to his super eagles engagements. I dnt c anything wrong in including D 5 previous U20s so long as dey still fall within the age. And I dnt think the team is completely a bad one, d coach just needs to get his finishing tactics right.

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Issues " Come Get Me " Plea To Chelsea / Black Starlets Out Of African U 17 Tournament / How Much Do U Load On Phone Rechange Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.