Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,298 members, 7,887,884 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:44 PM

This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. - Foreign Affairs (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. (94556 Views)

Captured On Our Streets By A Foreign Lens, Images that shamed Britain !!!! / Britain Gives The Go Ahead To Murder Ghaddafi / Should Great Britain Hand Back The Falklands Over To Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 20, 2013
^^^^^SMFDH!! undecided undecided
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:15am On Apr 20, 2013
All ndigbo NL chieftains hating on your boy - tribalism smfdh... grin grin

manny4life:

Anything for our NL Celebrity as long as she does not fall into Shymmex hands o, undecided grin

Afam4eva:
This is great! But i think you have to stay away from that shymmex guy. He's not good for you. he should cook the ogbono soup by himself. It's just an advise from a Nwanne.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:16am On Apr 20, 2013
^^^Going back home to my Yoruba queens .. undecided undecided undecided
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:22am On Apr 20, 2013
shymexx: ^^^Going back home to my Yoruba queens .. undecided undecided undecided
Adaobi still loves you.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 3:28am On Apr 20, 2013
Feed me more:
So where were the cameras, intelligence, Mi5 when London was bombed on 7 July 2005? undecided undecided undecided

that's the first time such would happen and the culprits were promptly arrested even though one of them dressed in a burqa to effect his escape. since then, more than 30 arrests of different terrorist groups have been made.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:34am On Apr 20, 2013
REALITY101:

It's ok honey! I don't te him as Obama, I dislike him as a Democrat and for most of his policies. We will be cool after 2016 hopefully -smiley btw papi misses mucho

Republicans make me sick angry tongue

coogar, who killed Dele Giwa
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 20, 2013
Yawn
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 4:00am On Apr 20, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:
Republicans make me sick angry tongue
coogar, who killed Dele Giwa

i dunno who did.....
that was in 1986, anyways...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 4:41am On Apr 20, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Republicans make me sick angry

You'd be alright sick head
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Afam4eva(m): 8:56am On Apr 20, 2013
shymexx:

Where's the substance when most of the down-towns in those "world-class" cities are 3rd world slums?

Stop exaggerating, Afam!!

Do you still sing the American national anthem every morning, bro? grin
There are ghettos in every city. But those cities are world-class nonetheless. Even a state alone has more developed cities than the UK. Which city do you guys have over there except for London?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by ZN2: 9:22am On Apr 20, 2013
What is this war wagering on here?

Chill out, Ya'll.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 20, 2013
shymexx: Where's adaobi? - got this for you...

Is this how you feel? - teenage love, yeah? tongue

lol i fell asleep tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
There are ghettos in every city. But those cities are world-class nonetheless. Even a state alone has more developed cities than the UK. Which city do you guys have over there except for London?

They have Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Cardiff.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 20, 2013
CFCfan:
Adaobi still loves you.

grin grin grin grin grin grin wink
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 20, 2013
CFCfan:

bradford, coventry, Cambridge, bristol, canterbury, derby, durham, exeter, newcastle

and the list goes on cool tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Afam4eva(m): 9:38am On Apr 20, 2013
CFCfan:

We're talking of world-class global cities not council areas.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Feedmemore(f): 9:54am On Apr 20, 2013
adaobi123:

bradford, coventry, Cambridge, bristol, canterbury, derby, durham, exeter, newcastle

and the list goes on cool tongue

I don't think those cities you listed can be compared to American cities, like, Atlanta, Los angeles, Miami, Oklahoma, Detroit, Houston, seattle.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 20, 2013
Feed me more:

I don't think those cities you listed can be compared to American cities, like, Atlanta, Los angeles, Miami, Oklahoma, Detroit, Houston, seattle.

Im just listing for the sake of listing tongue

I dont even know what you guys are talking about, I fell asleep
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Afam4eva(m): 10:02am On Apr 20, 2013
Feed me more:

Exactly my point. Those UK cities with the exception of London are just average towns. I don't want to see anyone compare the UK to the US again. Shoe get size.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Feedmemore(f): 10:05am On Apr 20, 2013
coogar:

that's the first time such would happen and the culprits were promptly arrested even though one of them dressed in a burqa to effect his escape. since then, more than 30 arrests of different terrorist groups have been made.

Same goes with the U.S.... I'm not saying there weren't terrorist attack before 911, but 911 was something unprecedented in the history of terrorist attack on U.S soil. The culprits ( khaled Shiek mohamme, Osama bin laden) the chief mastermind, and so many others were hunted down wherever they were found and either captured or killed.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Feedmemore(f): 10:10am On Apr 20, 2013
adaobi123:

Im just listing for the sake of listing tongue

I dont even know what you guys are talking about, I fell asleep
Lol grin

They where basically comparing U.K cites to U.S cities, and Afam and i are saying they shouldn't compare U.K cities to those in the U.S.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 20, 2013
Afam4eva:

Bro., you're going off tangent now...

I can also argue that there are no American-type-3rd-world-ghettos in the UK.... The places we call "ghettos" in the UK, will pass for middle-class areas in most parts of America, tbh... What's world class about American cities - when 70% of all these cities are 3rd-world slums? A city is a city - and there's nothing world-class about any city...

Anyway, the argument was about security - let's stick to the topic... wink
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
We're talking of world-class global cities not council areas.

Dude, you worship America too much based on what you see on TV...

There's absolutely nothing special about that country - it's just a rich man's Nigeria, trust me...

America is the developed version of Nigeria - nothing special, tbh...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 11:45am On Apr 20, 2013
shymexx:

Dude, you worship America too much based on what you see on TV...

There's absolutely nothing special about that country - it's just a rich man's Nigeria, trust me...

America is the developed version of Nigeria - nothing special, tbh...

he sings their national anthem every morning...
makes me laugh when people compare america to the UK when we all know only about 6 states out of the 50+ states are worth talking about. the ghettoes in the UK is equivalent to the 80% of the middle-class neighbourhoods in america.

Feed me more:
Same goes with the U.S.... I'm not saying there weren't terrorist attack before 911, but 911 was something unprecedented in the history of terrorist attack on U.S soil. The culprits ( khaled Shiek mohamme, Osama bin laden) the chief mastermind, and so many others were hunted down wherever they were found and either captured or killed.

it took years - osama was captured after 10 yrs or thereabout. gitmo is filled with innocent people that had nothing to do with 9/11. i remember 2 british lads that were taken to gitmo when us intelligence lied they were terrorists. their saving grace was they were doing community service at the time when CIA claimed they were in afghanistan with bin laden.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
coogar:
he sings their national anthem every morning...
makes me laugh when people compare america to the UK when we all know only about 6 states out of the 50+ states are worth talking about. the ghettoes in the UK is equivalent to the 80% of the middle-class neighbourhoods in america.

Lmao... Afam is an extreme Americophile!! grin

Just imagine! - the same America where millions are homeless and poverty stricken... There are so many places and people in America that look exactly like Africa, tbh... grin Every down-town in America looks like God forsaken hell-holes with gangs, guns, and drugs everywhere...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Afam4eva(m): 12:26pm On Apr 20, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao... Afam is an extreme Americophile!! grin

Just imagine! - the same America where millions are homeless and poverty stricken... There are so many places and people in America that look exactly like Africa, tbh... grin Every down-town in America looks like God forsaken hell-holes with gangs, guns, and drugs everywhere...
The population of America is over 250milion while the population of the UK is not even up to the population of SW Nigeria. So, America has more challenges but they have risen up to the challenge and have conquered countries that existed hundreds and thousands of years before them which includes the UK. There's nothing special about the UK. Everybody i know that are their want to come back because it's a shitty country. There's no reasonable place to live except London. People who travel to the UK tell you that they are travelling to London because no other city is worth it whereas people goto the US without you getting hint where they're going to be based because everywhere is the ish. You can live in New York, LA, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, DC, Boston, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Baltimore, San Francisco, Seattle etc. There are a lot of options to choose from. But in the UK it's either it's London or nowhere else. It's a one-city shitty country. God bless America, Portugal and Nigeria.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
The population of America is over 250milion while the population of the UK is not even up to the population of SW Nigeria.

Fam, you just shot yourself in the foot again - the population of the UK is 65million, and that's far more than the population of any region in Nigeria including the SW... Get your facts right before arguing, Mr. Afam... grin

So, America has more challenges but they have risen up to the challenge and have conquered countries that existed hundreds and thousands of years before them which includes the UK. There's nothing special about the UK. Everybody i know that are their want to come back because it's a shitty country.

How many countries did America conquer? You mean the same sleek country that joined both World Wars when the hard tasks had been done, no? The same America that hasn't won any war since the end of the 2nd world war, no? The same America that got beaten and smacked around with its soldiers crying like babies in Vietnam, no? You're a walking joke!!

Go back to your history books and look for the tiny Island that controlled about 1/2 of the world's land-mass at one point in history!! Ever wondered why it's called: "GREAT BRITAIN?"

There's no reasonable place to live except London. People who travel to the UK tell you that they are travelling to London because no other city is worth it whereas people goto the US without you getting hint where they're going to be based because everywhere is the ish. You can live in New York, LA, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, DC, Boston, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Baltimore, San Francisco, Seattle etc. There are a lot of options to choose from. But in the UK it's either it's London or nowhere else. It's a one-city shitty country. God bless America, Portugal and Nigeria.

You sound bitter now - how's the UK a one-city shitty country? Most people don't like the other cities because the British lifestyle is boring to them...London on the other hand is a multi-cultural city and the melting point of all races of people!! However, that doesn't negate their city status, bro...

Anyway, I don't usually argue/support the UK... However, I'm just doing this PSA to educate you, bro... Read more!! wink
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
The population of America is over 250milion while the population of the UK is not even up to the population of SW Nigeria. So, America has more challenges but they have risen up to the challenge and have conquered countries that existed hundreds and thousands of years before them which includes the UK. There's nothing special about the UK. Everybody i know that are their want to come back because it's a shitty country. There's no reasonable place to live except London. People who travel to the UK tell you that they are travelling to London because no other city is worth it whereas people goto the US without you getting hint where they're going to be based because everywhere is the ish. You can live in New York, LA, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, DC, Boston, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Baltimore, San Francisco, Seattle etc. There are a lot of options to choose from. But in the UK it's either it's London or nowhere else. It's a one-city shitty country. God bless America, Portugal and Nigeria.

if america conquered all countries, why do they speak the english language? shouldn't they be speaking their own native nonsense? even germans, french, italians and spaniards speak their respective native languages.

people who go to the UK and say they are going to london are just stark illiterates like you are proving to be. there's london, manchester, belfast, cardiff, wales, southampton(where the titanic ship took off), milton keynes, leeds, etc.

then again, what makes staying in the UK a better bet is the accessibility to other developed countries around them. with as little as £100, france, germany, switzerland, spain, etc are 60 mins away. where else can you go apart from canada in north america? mexico? you are having a laugh! guatemala? puerto rico? abeg, america is a swamp of piss that only appeals to a JJC like yourself!

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Afam4eva(m): 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
shymexx:

Fam, you just shot yourself in the foot again - the population of the UK is 65million, and that's far more than the population of any region in Nigeria including the SW... Get your facts right before arguing, Mr. Afam... grin
You know, i know the population of the UK and even if it's higher than that of SW Nigeria, it's not with much. I really don't know why it's the UK we're arguing about. I wish it were England. I love the Scots, the Welsh and the irish grin

shymexx:
How many countries did America conquer? You mean the same sleek country that joined both World Wars when the hard tasks had been done, no? The same America that hasn't won any war since the end of the 2nd world war, no? The same America the got beaten and smacked around with its soldiers crying like babies in Vietnam, no? You're a walking joke!!

Go back to your history books and look for the tiny Island that controlled about 1/2 of the world's land-mass at one point in history!! Ever wondered why it's called: "GREAT BRITAIN?"
When you see the word "conquer", you should immediately assume it's wars that i'm talking about. I'm talking of Political, economical, social and cultural conquering.

And pls, we're talking of modern and not the medieval times. Britain, Greece and Egypt belong to History. There's a new world order and the US is at the forefront. Let's give respect to whom it's due.

shymexx:
You sound bitter now - how's the UK a one-city shitty country? Most people don't like the other cities because the British lifestyle is boring to them...London on the other hand is a multi-cultural city and the melting point of all races of people!! However, that doesn't negate their city status, bro...
The bolded cannot be said about those American cities that i named. Nobody rushes to live in New York because it's the most important city in the US and that's because most cities have that global vibe. Whether you're in NY, Chicago, Atlanta or Houston, you still feel that international vibe. Those other UK towns look like the hamlets i see in Merlin.

I don't even know why you're standing up for the UK. I've known you to always speak bad about the UK and praise the US.

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Afam4eva(m): 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
coogar:

if america conquered all countries, why do they speak the english language? shouldn't they be speaking their own native nonsense? even germans, french, italians and spaniards speaks their respective native languages.

people who go to the UK and say they are going to london are just stark illiterates like you are proving to be. there's london, manchester, belfast, cardiff, wales, southampton(where the titanic ship took off), milton keynes, leeds, etc.

then again, what makes staying in the UK a better bet is the accessibility to other developed countries around them. with as little as £100, france, germany, switzerland, spain, etc are 60 mins away. where else can you go apart from canada in north america? mexico? you are having a laugh! guatemala? puerto rico? abeg, america is a swamp of piss that only appeals to a JJC like yourself!
America is a country of immigrants, so they had to adopt a language.

People who say they're going to London know that there are other cities but they say LOndon because they know there's nothing worthwhile outside London. It's just a group of hamlets without any feeling.

At least you know that the good thing about staying in the UK is that you'll have a choice to run to the well developed countries around it. I'll Choose Dublin, Ireland over the UK anyday.

If America is a piss then tell me why people are falling over themselves to get a visa. It's mostly because that reject have been stamped on their passport and on their forehead that decide to settle for less(UK). America is like no other.

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
You know, i know the population of the UK and even if it's higher than that of SW Nigeria, it's not with much. I really don't know why it's the UK we're arguing about. I wish it were England. I love the Scots, the Welsh and the irish grin

When you see the word "conquer", you should immediately assume it's wars that i'm talking about. I'm talking of Political, economical, social and cultural conquering.

And pls, we're talking of modern and not the medieval times. Britain, Greece and Egypt belong to History. There's a new world order and the US is at the forefront. Let's give respect to whom it's due.

The bolded cannot be said about those American cities that i named. Nobody rushes to live in New York because it's the most important city in the US and that's because most cities have that global vibe. Whether you're in NY, Chicago, Atlanta or Houston, you still feel that international vibe. Those other UK towns look like the hamlets i see in Merlin.

I don't even know why you're standing up for the UK. I've known you to always speak bad about the UK and praise the US.

You lost 10 points there already, bro... grin Anyway, UK is most times interchangeable with England because English cities are probably the most developed - London, Canary Wharf and City of London control almost everything - and the language is English...

For the political, economical, social and cultural conquering - the trophy still belongs to the UK, America is just being used to do the real Empire's dirty job... Ever wondered why they call London, the belly of the beast? grin

Let me break it down for you:

Political - the UK owns democracy and the yanks fostering it on other people just shows that the yanks are willing servants!

Economical - the City of London still controls most of the world's finances..and the London Stock Exchange is still number one!

Social and Cultural - the lifestyle and language America fosters on other little countries belong to the Brits - that shows they're willing servants..

Anyway, what's the American identity apart from the pseudo-British copy and paste lifestyle and culture? America is still acting like a conquered territory in the 21st century doing the bid of its colonial master(GREAT BRITAIN lol)... The Queen still controls America, anyway... wink

Take black people out of American cities and it will look exactly like those places you're trying to critique in the UK... Black people have got the natural midas touch and they're the life of those cities... That's also why places like Kansas, Alaska, Colorado, Delaware, Iowa, Idaho etc. are as dead as UK cities because of the lack of the midas-touch having black folks lol... So, when you start comparing next time, just remember that America is an immigrant country with a large population of black folks! Do the maths, bro...

Bro., I'm an objective guy - and I'll always defend what's right... The UK has a far better security apparatus than the Yanks... America is just hype!!

Can you even compare the British SAS with any special forces group in America? MI5 and MI6 to CIA and FBI? Metropolitan Police to any Police Department in America?

They don't belong in the same league, bro..

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (157) (Reply)

This Picture Will Change Your View About Obama / Joe Biden Falls On Stage At U.S Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony (Video) / Man Ejaculates On Woman's Leg While Standing Behind Her On Queue In Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.