Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,124 members, 7,896,806 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:08 PM

France New Visa Process - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / France New Visa Process (58422 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / US Announces New Visa Processing For Nigeria / Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France New Visa Process by passionup: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
Hi Everyone,

So just to share my experience with people planning to visit France or planning to invite people over to visit them. My babe applied for French VISA (Schengen)to visit me in France. She handed in her application last month and got a response after one week - rejected. Two reasons were given - (stuff to do with them not being satisfied with the reasons for the visit and not being sure she would return to Nigeria at the end of her visit). I work in France basically. After contesting the rejection (via letters), she was called to return to the consulate in Lagos collect her visa.

Documents Presented:
1. 1 color passport photograph (go with 2 sets just in case)
2. international passport ( make 2 copies of passport data page)
3. Proof of Employment - (make a copy)
4. Employment Letter (go with a photocopy)
5. ID card (go with a photocopy)
6. Bank statement (go with photocopies)
7. Pay slips - last 3 months (go with photocopies)
8. Rent receipt
9. C of O and receipt of payment
10. Host's pay slips
11. Host's bank statements
12. Letters of introduction in French (if possible)
13. letter of introduction
14. Reservation tickets (flight and train)
15. Prof of accommodation - Attestation d'accueil
16. Medical Insurance
17. Medical Insurance from europe alternatively
18. Host's passport page - you need to print out the one I sent you by mail (new and old)
19. Host's Titre de sejour -
20. Host's rent payment(quittance de loyer)
21. Host's electricity bill (edf)
22. Orange Mobile bill

You cannot go wrong if you tender these documents at VFS.

Cheers and all the best with your applications.

Dear divine 2043,

Na wa ohh, i have sat down to study your post and i began to wonder whether this france embassy actually does due diligence on application. I had applied in March to spend my annual leave in France. I was denied and the 2 reasons given to your babe were what i was given.I got a letter from my solicitor who adrressed the two issues with relevant and sufficient evidence and i reapplied in May only to be denied and given the same two reasons.I had attached the following :-
Documents Presented:
1. 1 color passport photograph
2. international passport
3. Proof of Employment -
4. Employment Letter
5. Bank statement LAST 3 MONTHS with a good credit history
6. Pay slips - last 4 months
7. letter of promotion
8. Approval from my employer to travel abroad
9. Letters of introduction FROM MY EMPLOYER
10. Reservation tickets
15. Prof of accommodation
16. Medical Insurance
17. Marriage Certificate
18.Previous passport that has a french transit visa and a Uk visa (Expired)

I am at a loss as to why i can be denied twice. I earn a decent wage and it would be absolute madness for me to want to go stay in fance as a illegal immigrant with no real lifelihood at my stage in life. I had sent in my appeal sha and if there are other avenues to explore, guys kindly let me know.In Conclusion, i think these embassy guys just look at other crazy things other than what someone submits. Guys kindly advise
Re: France New Visa Process by pjonesm: 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
please i need the contact email address of the france embassy in lagos
Re: France New Visa Process by Topsymyyear(m): 4:52pm On Aug 05, 2013
but I thought u wrote an appeal letter on behalf of your wife .
Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
@passionup...do u have any other visa on your passport?

my bad...just saw no 18.

my advice is go through another schenghen country for visa or better still bone them for now and renew ur UK visa
Re: France New Visa Process by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
Hi guys and hi Passion up. People say it is tough to get the VISA the first time, especially if you have got no other VISA stamped on your passport. In my case, I work in France so maybe that covered for the fact that my babe had a 'virgin' passport.

You gotta be sure you got all the info - do a letter to ADMIN-etrangers.lagos-fslt@diplomatie.gouv.fr if you feel sure that you have got all the documents.

I could give you contacts for someone who can help with the appeal if you want.

Nelly Ghenghen - how about Paris?

Regards.
Re: France New Visa Process by NellyGhenghen(m): 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
@divine lol paris kur! manz are here in rennes hustling oo no money for "la vie parisien" at the moment grin grin..
Re: France New Visa Process by Waleabimbola(m): 8:03am On Aug 06, 2013
Topsymyyear: @divine2043 All the visas mentioned above has been expired . and used them all to travelled. can't renew the.student permit anymore because am not a.student anymore . pls give me guide to write the.France appeal letter. thanks

France doesn't treat appeal my brother, I am talking from experience.i was given an appeal in 2011,I wrote it and send to France via dhl..they acknowledge the receipt.till date I haven't heard from them.though I have reapplied and I was granted 3months visa with my family.
A friend of mine had same issue with them and they haven't reply.
Please don't waste your money and time on courier and written stuffs,I advice you reapply bro.
Re: France New Visa Process by dotcomnamename: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
Topsymyyear: ok. thanks

You funny sef. French Embassy is the most useless Embassy in Nigeria. Very racist and always show it off head... Even if you appeal, they not respond untill you write like 1000 letters. I don't like them for anything. They refused all my friends that applied while some of them even have US visa, UK, etc.. What's so special in France sef? Nonsesne... Half Dead Country Feeling High.. undecided

Sebi u have Irish Visa, go and renew it and come and visit us here in Dublin jor, you're all welcome.

1 Like

Re: France New Visa Process by NellyGhenghen(m): 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

You funny sef. French Embassy is the most useless Embassy in Nigeria. Very racist and always show it off head... Even if you appeal, they not respond untill you write like 1000 letters. I don't like them for anything. They refused all my friends that applied while some of them even have US visa, UK, etc.. What's so special in France sef? Nonsesne... Half Dead Country Feeling High.. undecided

Sebi u have Irish Visa, go and renew it and come and visit us here in Dublin jor, you're all welcome.

hahahaha dotcom, i see you still have hate for the french, but you see there are lots of incentives for both foreigners and citizens here thats one of the major reasons why they dont give out their visas much, to avoid pressure. for example pole emploi, if you ve worked here for more than 6months and you lose your job, you get paid monthly irrespective of your nationality, and the CAF, they pay off a bit of your rent each month, social security and alot others. All this costs the govt lots of money.

And abu the french being racist, thats not true, google it, france is one of the least racist countries in the world asides the fact that there are black, white and arabian french nationals,its a diversified country, you would find everyone here from black to brown to red to white to yellow, racial discrimination here is almost at 0%, so is crime rate, though with the euro zone crisis now they put citizens first on job lists before others, which is perfectly normal. there is alot more racial discrimination in the uk than here.

Warning: Though France is the place to be if you wanna enjoy life, with many big cities which have totally different things to offer,hot beaches,rich culture and history, museums, clubs,security, diversity, "PARIS"for luvaz dem, and social amenities, Getting any other french visa asides a tourist visa is not easy! when applying you have to hope for the best and expect the worst.

cordialement.
Re: France New Visa Process by NellyGhenghen(m): 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=Nelly Ghenghen]

hahahaha dotcom, i see you still have hate for the french, but you see there are lots of incentives for both foreigners and citizens here thats one of the major reasons why they dont give out their visas much, to avoid pressure. for example pole emploi, if you ve worked here for more than 6months and you lose your job, you get paid monthly irrespective of your nationality, and the CAF, they pay off a bit of your rent each month, social security and alot others. All this costs the govt lots of money.

And abu the french being racist, thats not true, google it, france is one of the least racist countries in the world. asides the fact that there are black, white and arabian french nationals,its a diversified country, you would find everyone here from black to brown to red to white to yellow, racial discrimination here is almost at 0%, so is crime rate, though with the euro zone crisis now they put citizens first on job lists before others, which is perfectly normal. there is alot more racial discrimination in the uk than here. What you experienced at the embassy were bare mind games, all consulates have been instructed to make it extremely difficult for immigrants due the afformentioned reasons.

Warning: Though France is the place to be if you wanna enjoy life, with many big cities which have totally different things to offer,hot beaches,rich culture and history, museums, clubs,security, diversity, "PARIS"for luvaz dem, and social amenities, Getting any other french visa asides a tourist visa is not easy! when applying you have to hope for the best and expect the worst.

cordialement.
Re: France New Visa Process by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
Yeah, am gonna have to go with Nelly on this. There are loads of incentives in France. I would not go into comparing but from personal experiences around Europe, France is up there. The only thing is the language.

As for the appeal vs reapply, I maintain that if you really have got every document, send the email like I advised. I went through that route and got the visa.

Reapplication or appeal is up to you.

Regards.
Re: France New Visa Process by dotcomnamename: 10:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen:

And abu the french being racist, thats not true, google it, france is one of the least racist countries in the world asides the fact that there are black, white and arabian french nationals,its a diversified country, you would find everyone here from black to brown to red to white to yellow, racial discrimination here is almost at 0%, so is crime rate, though with the euro zone crisis now they put citizens first on job lists before others, which is perfectly normal. there is alot more racial discrimination in the uk than here.

cordialement.

I hear you. Why wont you talk like this, when you're not one of their victims.. grin
Re: France New Visa Process by passionup: 11:03am On Aug 07, 2013
divine2043: Yeah, am gonna have to go with Nelly on this. There are loads of incentives in France. I would not go into comparing but from personal experiences around Europe, France is up there. The only thing is the language.

As for the appeal vs reapply, I maintain that if you really have got every document, send the email like I advised. I went through that route and got the visa.

Reapplication or appeal is up to you.

Regards.
Hello divine 2043,
Like i said, i have every documents i quoted. its sad that people that are eligible arent given a visa and people that cook their docs are given. so sad. i have sent them a letter like u advised and i am still expecting the link for the appeal.
Re: France New Visa Process by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
HELLO PassionUp,

I know it is annoying. I was initially denied myself. The address is stated in the refusal letter - if you got one.

“You may lodge an appeal against the decision to refuse a visa with the Commission des Recours contre les decisions de Refus de Visa d’entrée en France, BP 83 609, 44036 – Nantes CEDEX 1, within two months from the date of this notification.”

The fact that so many people have got issues with the VISA says a lot about the whole process - it needs an overhaul.

1 Like

Re: France New Visa Process by luwaseyi: 11:09pm On Aug 28, 2013
please respond
Re: France New Visa Process by luwaseyi: 11:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
I am quoting aagadeogun.
please comment on this below statement.
Re: France New Visa Process by luwaseyi: 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2013
: @aagadeogun
please I am in your shoe: I
submitted my visa application on
26 th june and did my biometric
the next day. I should be travelling
by 1st sept for an important
tourist visitation but till today I
haven't been called. please what
is happening to you now? have
they speed up your application.... I
really want to know yourselves
status.
please I wait to hearing from u.
thank you.

1 Like

Re: France New Visa Process by Asorock1: 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
Hi people can someone please advice me, which is acceptable by the embassy on flight reservation , the one done through travel agents or should I just book for a reservation at the airline website, I want to fly Turkish airline .... I intend traveling for a vacation to Paris in October 20 but will be applying nxt week. Again I need a Sample letter of introduction suitable to present at the embassy.
God bless you.
Re: France New Visa Process by pjonesm: 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hello justwise and the whole house, i submitted application to the France since 26/08/2013 and i did my biometric the same day but i never hear anything from them since, hope there is no problem with the application because i plan to travel on the 10 of September to attend the trade fair, can you pls advice me on what i should do for quick response. They said it will ready after minimum of 8-10 calendars days, it is now 12 calendar day today.Pls advice me what i should do on Monday please
Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
You need to check the small receipt they gave you, when you see it check for instruction date because your 8 to 10 days will start counting from instruction date not the day you did your biometric. You are blessed
Re: France New Visa Process by luwaseyi: 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
hello were you told precisely that it will be ready within 10 days...that should be a miracle because I applied for a tourist visa since 26 june and I am still waiting for reply while the Instruction date is still 24 september. I think u should ask beter
Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
If your instruction date is September 24 you have to wait for ten days after؛‎ so forget about that blue stamp that says it would be ready before 8 to 10 days
Re: France New Visa Process by d2ddayo(m): 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
hi people, please i will like to ask these questions up in here maybe somone could help me out. i applied to a french language school in France to go study their language for a year. i got the admission and at the same time, i have a travel history in which france is one of the visas ve had in the past including ireland, germany, italy, in several times. now i intend to apply for this student visa for a year to study the language there. my questions re as follows: my stepfather is the one paying for the whole program, for the period of that one year. is it okay i using his bank statement with the fact that i am 29years of age? he has been the one sponsoring all my trips from my first time in 2006. and also, what are the necessary documents needed and if there is anyone who has or did study french language in france. thank you
Re: France New Visa Process by suxes2005(m): 11:21am On Sep 10, 2013
d2ddayo: hi people, please i will like to ask these questions up in here maybe somone could help me out. i applied to a french language school in France to go study their language for a year. i got the admission and at the same time, i have a travel history in which france is one of the visas ve had in the past including ireland, germany, italy, in several times. now i intend to apply for this student visa for a year to study the language there. my questions re as follows: my stepfather is the one paying for the whole program, for the period of that one year. is it okay i using his bank statement with the fact that i am 29years of age? he has been the one sponsoring all my trips from my first time in 2006. and also, what are the necessary documents needed and if there is anyone who has or did study french language in france. thank you

Convince them that the program will help you in your future
endeavours. Its going to be easy for you cause you have a
good travel history like you claimed.

SHALOM
Re: France New Visa Process by pjonesm: 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2013
please how can i get dubai visa, please the whole house i need your advise
Re: France New Visa Process by minudus: 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
pjonesm: please how can i get dubai visa, please the whole house i need your advise

Apply thru the normal process..
Re: France New Visa Process by pjonesm: 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
i need to know the normal process, pls tell me if you know, where is there embassy
Re: France New Visa Process by Kalamaya: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
Pls house can i apply again for france tourist visa after be given a negative response three months ago? Thanks!
Re: France New Visa Process by enuose: 11:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
Please house I applied for france visitors visa but i was denied today on two reasons given that they are not being satisfied with the reasons for the visit and not being sure i would return to Nigeria at the end of my visit)

Here are the stuffs submitted
1.Letter of introduction from my work
2.Self introduction latter
3.Passport data page
4.Passport photo graph
5.3 month payslip
6.First bank Statement of account with the sum of 1.2m
7.Insurance policy
8.Hotel reservation
9.Confirm booked flight ticket
10.Land documents with the right of occupancy with the survey plan
11.Marriage certificate
12. Photo copies of the marriage pictures
13. A copy of my cousins valid france visa along with his passport data page, stated in my self introduction letter that we are both travelling together and this my cousin has travelled and renewed his France visa thrice.

Now my question is how do I convince the consulate again ? Because am planing to reapply but am 24yrs old married since 2010 those this had to do with my age ? Please I need advice on how to convince the consulate
Re: France New Visa Process by Asorock1: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2013
enuose: Please house I applied for france visitors visa but i was denied today on two reasons given that they are not being satisfied with the reasons for the visit and not being sure i would return to Nigeria at the end of my visit)

Here are the stuffs submitted
1.Letter of introduction from my work
2.Self introduction latter
3.Passport data page
4.Passport photo graph
5.3 month payslip
6.First bank Statement of account with the sum of 1.2m
7.Insurance policy
8.Hotel reservation
9.Confirm booked flight ticket
10.Land documents with the right of occupancy with the survey plan
11.Marriage certificate
12. Photo copies of the marriage pictures
13. A copy of my cousins valid france visa along with his passport data page, stated in my self introduction letter that we are both travelling together and this my cousin has travelled and renewed his France visa thrice.

Now my question is how do I convince the consulate again ? Because am planing to reapply but am 24yrs old married since 2010 those this had to do with my age ? Please I need advice on how to convince the consulate

So sorry for your denial , I don't think your age got anything to do with your rejection, do you have a travel history ?
Again what is your position at the place of your work and your income ? Does your monthly income reflect in your statement of account, though I can say there are other things those guys looks at which we don't know , I also applied for a France visiting visa , my instruction date starts from 20th of sept. I also submitted all those documents which you listed here except land ownership even though I got lands. Then I submitted my work ID card and my statement of account reflects the income stated on my employment introduction letter, I am 31 , married , I submitted my child's NPC birth certificate. My leave letter, then I prayed, being positive helps too, I also have a travel history , having been to 2 countries Dubai and Ghana . I think you shouldn't have involved your cousins visa. After my biometrics , I engaged with a brief conversation with the lady there and she told me that why people are rejected visiting visa is mostly because of the time frame, if the time your visa is suppose to be ready is too close or later than your arrival date in France , that could warrant a denial, mine is 20 days to departure here in Nigeria. So I'm very much positive about my visa. Try again but this time alone. Good luck and same with me.
Re: France New Visa Process by enuose: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2013
Thanks so much for your response, my income is 102k monthly am an engineer and they usually pay in my salary into my account and it all reflected in my statement of account and I have been to South Africa onces actually I applied August 2nd am my intended date of departure is 3rd of October and I got denied yesterday

P.s please house I need more advice on what to include this time that will convince them more please @justwise and everyone on here I need more advice on this
Re: France New Visa Process by NellyGhenghen(m): 11:36am On Sep 12, 2013
enuose: Thanks so much for your response, my income is 102k monthly am an engineer and they usually pay in my salary into my account and it all reflected in my statement of account and I have been to South Africa onces actually I applied August 2nd am my intended date of departure is 3rd of October and I got denied yesterday

P.s please house I need more advice on what to include this time that will convince them more please @justwise and everyone on here I need more advice on this

France has tightened its borders since Nicholas Sarkozy, Not just to Africans, Americans too suffer the same fate,cos of the pressure on social amenities.(plus i think they are planning to give amnesty to the already "illegal aliens" aka sans papiers..so they don't want more.. not sure about this tho) TBH i don't think there is any precise reason you were denied asides the aforementioned. like the former said, pray for luck and remain positive or try other countries.

source: jsuis Etudiant en france.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

13-Year-Old Nigerian Boy Drives A Truck (Photo, Video) / Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History / Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.