Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,649 members, 7,951,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? (44783 Views)

Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) / Eating Mango After Drinking Fanta Or Coke, Is It Dangerous? / I Eat Dry Gari Everyday. Is This Healthy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Shaz(f): 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2009
Lol. . Nope. . My brother I tried it before, *stubborn children*, but I think we still experienced the Placebo effect and had tummy aches.
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Naturez(m): 7:07am On Jul 17, 2009
nature262:

Ok i recently meet somone who tried it and the result: No Shaking. But if u try it u ar on ur own

I think say you wan prove stubbornness and teri si,you for just paa lori. grin
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by nature262(m): 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2009
angry
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Naturez(m): 7:46am On Jul 18, 2009
;d :d cool smiley :p
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by oyinda3(f): 8:07am On Jul 18, 2009
wow. I actually remember someone offering me mango when i was < 6 yrs and i refused it cause i drank garri earlier. I didn't want to die. lol
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Naturez(m): 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2009
oyinda.:

wow. I actually remember someone offering me mango when i was < 6 yrs and i refused it cause i drank garri earlier. I didn't want to die. lol

grin grin grin You should have collected it then, today we would have had a better result for the experiments from you.
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by IbrahimB: 11:37pm On Oct 29, 2009
Do you think any combination of any sort of food or fruit is dangerous. , Who or which doctors or dietician decides which combination is good or bad?

Yes there are certain kinds of food THAT shouldn't be taken together for health reasons. For example, you shouldn't take fruits immediately after a meal of carbohydrate, better to take it some 10 minutes before.

@Topic:
Have accidentally tried it, realising only after the deed has been done smiley I think it's just one of those little stories children tell each other,
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by xreal: 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2009
MrCrackles:

Nigeria and stupid myths! angry

But wait a minute? why eat mango after garri?

No wonder ya'all have kwashiorkor and Co.!

Pssf

see your mouth, u wanna deny the fact that u enjoyed such combination when u were young?
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by MrCrackles(m): 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2009
xreal:

see your mouth, u wanna deny the fact that u enjoyed such combination when u were young?
Piss off, i wasnt brought up to eat rubbish food combination. .
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by xreal: 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2009
MrCrackles:

Piss off, i wasnt brought up to eat rubbish food combination. .

then U are weak, you cannot be a strong Nigerian. Tell me, do you have a story to tell?, then how on earth do u want to appreciate ur present status?
U call that rubbish?, U better ask for forgiveness from GOD.
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by MrCrackles(m): 1:10am On Nov 05, 2009
xreal:

then U are weak, you cannot be a strong Nigerian. Tell me, do you have a story to tell?,  then how on earth do u want to appreciate your present status?
U call that rubbish?,  U better ask for forgiveness from GOD.
So i have to eat garri and mango to be strong shocked shocked shocked
Jesus take the wheel!
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Monoxide(m): 2:34am On Nov 05, 2009
It is a very bad combination
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by prometheusage: 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2016
CURIOUST:
Do you think any combination of any sort of food or fruit is dangerous. , Who or which doctors or dietician decides which combination is good or bad?
, until i see or hear someone die of eating something which is edible and proved by autopsy, no way would i believe any food is poisonous.

I must say that some foods can be poisonous if not properly prepared....eg some species of cassava if not well processed can kill... It is a well known fact that cyanide is a terribly poisonous substance. As for the mango and garri.... There is a possibility.... It needs to be investigated.... There is no smoke without a fire ...for instance i certainly nearly lost my life as a kid when i took some garrium a few minutes after taking some mango.... Aldow i cant tell if that was what caused the heavy diarrhea that followed.... Let jst say im lucky to be alive
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by robbase: 7:04am On Jun 10, 2016
Eating mango after eba, causes indigestion. I once fell a victim. It was a nightmare.
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by okorienairadoll(m): 2:09pm On May 13
Eating mango with Its skin can worsen Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) disease. Adding and drinking garri alone can increase inflammation in the body and malnutrition. Thus the combination of this two could increase health hazards for people with these two disease

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of A Baker Sleeping On Piles Of "Agege Bread" / Poison Alert: Plz Do Not Take This Juice, It Has Killed Many / Man Roasts Big Snake For Food(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.