Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,105 members, 7,919,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 10:42 AM

Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! (5891 Views)

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria / Advice On First Car To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by chemvic: 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dearest friends..am a young enterpreneur, who is just starting up a family (got married last year Nov). Oflate mobility has been a serious problem for me as i hardly meetup appointments due to my endless wait for cabs in my hood. I live in Ilorin. I eventually decided to get a good car, and am so in love with Pontiac Vibe either 2004 or 2006 series. Pls house advise me on which to buy and also any review by any member of this great house will be highly appreciated. Thanks amillion
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
In life, individual choices matters. I will advice you to follow your heart and go for the best. Some will prefer Under baby boy while to some others that is nonsense. Just follow your heart bro.
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by chemvic: 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2013
@yomii...thanks i appreciate. I want to learn from others too, no advice is a waste!
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by sultaan(m): 2:05am On Apr 07, 2013
You know it is the same as the Toyota Corolla and Matrix
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by chiefmega: 6:02am On Apr 07, 2013
Its a matrix engine and its soon start flooding Nigeria tokunbo markets
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by chemvic: 7:13am On Apr 07, 2013
@sultan ...@mega...thanks for the eye opener...so i heard dat it carries a toyota engine. On a more definitive spectrum, whats ur take on me going for a pontiac Vibe 2004...is it a Yeah or a Nay...pls advise.
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by sperony(m): 9:15am On Apr 07, 2013
Checking through internet survey, vibe is as good as matrix and the parts are interchangeable. I ve sold some to some with no customer complain. You can contact me for further discussion ( daplosyne@yahoo.com)
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by sultaan(m): 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
chemvic: @sultan ...@mega...thanks for the eye opener...so i heard dat it carries a toyota engine. On a more definitive spectrum, whats ur take on me going for a pontiac Vibe 2004...is it a Yeah or a Nay...pls advise.

You will have to live with it, so buy whatever you like or meets your wallet capacity.

I will state facts from my point of view, the truth is up to you.

Facts: Robbers are less likely to be interested in the Vibe

3 Likes

Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by chemvic: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2013
@sultan...thanks once again! May God safe guard our respective items from robbers.
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 07, 2013
Identical twin to the Toyota Volt / Matrix. Toyota mechanicals, despite the brand, so reliability should be on par with the average Toyota.

A bit high by modern standards, for it's overall length and width, so precautions taken when driving a small SUV apply. Sudden change of direction at moderate speeds can be unsettling.
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by chemvic: 8:56am On Apr 08, 2013
@siena....hmmmmm....thanks! Pls are u saying this car is susceptible to swaying off road if am on top speed?
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 08, 2013
chemvic: @siena....hmmmmm....thanks! Pls are u saying this car is susceptible to swaying off road if am on top speed?

There's a possibility handling could be unsettled if driven hard on winding roads. Every automobile has a breakaway limit, the Vibe will reach that limit earlier than say a Honda Accord, due to it's higher centre of gravity.

It just needs to be driven with respect, though personally I'd choose something different.

1 Like

Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by skyfall: 5:47am On Apr 09, 2013
sultaan:

Facts: Robbers are less likely to be interested in the Vibe

Since it has a Toyota engine I'm sure Nigerian car thieves will start showing interest in it. I believe those guys signed a pact with Toyota & Honda.

@OP
I think you should be fine with the car. It's more unless a Toyota. Just google & read about it well on web forums & sites like Edmunds. Good luck!
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by Originalsly: 4:43am On Apr 10, 2013
I suggest you go for the Vibe. It is basically the same as a Toyota Matrix and most car thieves may not know that and would not give your hmmm...American junk car a second look!
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by crispgg: 11:09am On Apr 10, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Vibe

I think you should read about the vibe on the above link, its basically a car built by Toyota.

The only reason to fear is that some models (2009 to 2010) have have the 2AZ-FE engine which has been discussed on this thread as having serious issues. Otherwise its a Japanese car with an American brand name. The car has already flooded the country, you see it everywhere on the streets of Abuja now.
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by BABANlaraba(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
But can anybody hint or tell me the price I can get the vibe
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by BABANlaraba(m): 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2014
1St generation 2004 vibe price pls
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by 9icetoo(m): 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
crispgg:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Vibe
I think you should read about the vibe on the above link, its basically a car built by Toyota.
The only reason to fear is that some models (2009 to 2010) have have the 2AZ-FE engine which has been discussed on this thread as having serious issues. Otherwise its a Japanese car with an American brand name. The car has already flooded the country, you see it everywhere on the streets of Abuja now.
Nna eh. Where did you read about 2AZ-FE issues? You want to rubbish an engine that toyota made for donkey years because of its reliability? The Vibe is a good car OP and if you are lucky enough to get a version with the Yamaha built engine just like some Matrix XRS that develops 180 hp, then you will be able to surprise a few people out on the road.
Re: Planning On Getting A 2004 Pontiac Vibe As My First Car...pls Advise! by Bamjazzy(m): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2014
Please I found out that you also apply for the Nigeria army recruitment, and your pin and serial number was not sent 2 u immediately. I just apply yesterday too but have not receive any pin or serial number frm them pls how the u lately do your? or how long did it take dem to send it. pls u can reply or flash me on 08088667700, rasaq.henry@gmail.com fenkz

(1) (Reply)

Buy These Two Toyota Cars For N2.3million Am Relocating To Usa.. Urgent / Hyundai Car Owners To Enjoy Free Service / Should Heavy Duty Vehicles Be Banned From Roads During The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.