Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,213 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:33 AM

My Boyfriend Is A Daddy - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is A Daddy (5300 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / My Boyfriend Is Amazing.. Look At This Chat Between Us / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 04, 2008
@ the poster
at least you have an evidence right before you that the man in question has "working apparatus" and his little swimmerettes can do wonders grin
He's a keeper grin lipsrsealed
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by arogbowei: 1:46am On Apr 04, 2008
There is no fear in true love, so go on honey take a chance. Give God all the glory, you're sure he'll give you yours too.
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by babaegun(m): 8:43am On Apr 04, 2008
My dear, count yourself lucky that he told you he has a son already. It is a good starting point.

If you intend to marry him, then you need to know what happened to the other woman. If he is honest, he should be able to tell the truth.

Then be prepared to take his son as your own.

it is well.
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by jaymes(m): 8:47am On Apr 04, 2008
You better run away, don't invite problem to your young aspiring life! i have seen this type of scenario a million times. there will always be that child factor! problems from the child and even the mother! please the truth is find someone else, i know you love him, but your joy and happiness is more important. i really hope you take to my advice. happy hunting for a new man in your life, thats brings love! wink
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by kittykat1(f): 9:41am On Apr 04, 2008
My dear u'v really got plenty of good advice. One thing I know is that people never really change.

Find out why he broke up with a woman that had a child for him?

Or allow a woman to have a child for him while still only dating.

Something like having kids is a big responsibilty that shouldn't be treated lightly. Cos u could be riding the same boat of being abandoned by him if you have a kid for him too.

Be tactful!!!

@ baba egun
You must have got it mixed up in your head. Guess you're still operating in the stone age. Even in the stone age men still fought over women.

No woman should ever ever count herself lucky that she has a man. Thats pathetic! Are u trying to say that the poster is desperate and can never have another man apart from this man. The man should count himself lucky for having such an understanding woman!
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by nossycheek(f): 10:13am On Apr 04, 2008
Apart from the fear of the ex coming back into his life there is absolutely nothing wrong with ur bf having a kid outside afterall most pple have had sex prior to meeting their present partner. And premarital sex comes with a lot of packages and surprises like this.
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by bigfather(m): 10:53am On Apr 04, 2008
You need to appreciate the fact that he came out all true. I see no BIG DEAL in it.Please go ahead and give him all your support
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by ritapearl(f): 11:14am On Apr 04, 2008
Personally, i dont see anything wrong with him having a child. Atleast he told you about it on time,moreover you've only known him for three weeks. If the relationship will lead to marriage, you still have enough time to know if you will be able to cope with the situation. A friend i have has a girl child and i dont see that as a threat to me if the relationship will lead to marriage, even if the child was a boy it doesnt make any difference.

So just find out why he left his former girlfriend after having a child for him, he should have a reason.

You really need to be strong and have a good heart towards the child if you are going to be his step mother.
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by johnugwu: 11:27am On Apr 04, 2008
she is not seriuos
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by Toonice(m): 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2008
u better rush marry the person abi having a child is a diseases?
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by thestar2(f): 2:14pm On Apr 04, 2008
From my experience with baby fathers i say find where you stand with your boyfriend and make sure hes telling you the absolute truth concerning the relationship he has with the mother of his child.
My ex, has a baby, and i didnt find out from him, but a friend of mine, and what made things worse was that we were already together for 3 months when i was told.
Thats when the problems started,
the girl didnt gree for me and him to be together, infact none of her people did, i would recieve random phone calls telling me that him and the baby mother have been together for over 3 years and that hs been begging her for another child.
Upon all the baby mother now stated calling me saying the same thing. Telling me all kinds of nonsence the he does or should i say 'doesnt do' for her and the child.
After 2 good years of all this, it came to a stage where when i would ask him to tell the baby mother to stop calling me, it would cause an arguement, which proved to me that he wasnt worth it!!
It was even alot worse than what ive narrated here,

I hope it goes well, for anyone in that position, but like the saying goes you learn from your mistakes and expeience is the best teacher.
From my experience i shall never go down that route again.It works for some and it fails for others, good luck!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by thestar2(f): 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2008
oh, and remember no matter how deep your relationship with him is, hes still going to be a part of the baby momma life , because truthfully he is the father of her child,and there is no way they can block each other out for the rest of thier lifes.

He might no play an active role, so to speak, but there will be some communication and other things involved for the sake of thier child.
But keep your head up and be strong about it,
And make sure you know the kind of guy you are dealing with, dont get played about with like a fool,
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by Dreloaded(f): 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2008
Took you 3 years to realize he wasnt worth it esp since he wasnt even the one that told you he had a kid?

afi United "Kingdon" naa.
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by johnugwu: 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2008
my sister my reply to u is that u and ur so called boyfriend need spiritual cleansing for the bible says that marriage is honurable in all and bed undefiled for God will judge all sinners
God help u to understand this message.
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by topkin(m): 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2008
It's ususally ok for a guy to marry a girl with a kid but the reverse is not advisable. I think it has to do with accepting the child and the child accepting you. Whatever ways, i'll advise u to lovingly explain to him why u cant continue wit the relationship. Good luck
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by kehindebad(m): 9:52am On Apr 05, 2008
my dear,
its just 3 weeks abi, and u know he has a son, wink
in 6 weeks, u'll know he has two kids actually, grin
in 12 weeks, u'll know he has two wives, shocked
in 24 weeks, u'll know that house ehn is not his, embarassed
in 48 weeks, u'll know he wants to dump you, cry
my dear dump him 1st, kiss
more candid stuff?
http://18andabove..com
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2008
Rghnb
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by almondjoy(f): 4:26pm On Apr 05, 2008
@Poster

We should forget about what you think you want?

Good!  Then he has told you what the deal is.  Deal with it!  His having a baby is really none of your business since you guys are not married!  Obviously you guys do not have a monogamous relationship. . . you will neither be the first nor the last to go through such a thing. Look around you and see how people handle such things. . .that is one of the main lessons from history classes.

No big deal.  Whether you choose to stay or leave is your business! It is not the 10th wonder of the world! kiss
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by SignorZax: 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2008
U no de luckly say ya man de potent, U de complain.

SHHHHH!!!!! grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by SamMilla1(m): 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2008
@poster, since he told you about the son just three weeks after meeting yu, i think he is thinking seriously about marrying you, ask him about the mother of the son and try to get as much truth as you need to make your decissions, i wish u gud luck
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by na2day2(m): 9:58am On Apr 07, 2008
the real question is, if u had a child and u told him, will u be happy if he abandons u because of that? at least he told u and he told u early.
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by sperrysun(m): 10:31am On Apr 07, 2008
@Poster

You ought to thankful that the guy told you.That he did tells me two things

1.He is a responsible man,;and

2.He seems serious about the relationship

For these reasons you should be thankful,cos not many guys would tell u a thing like that.So,deal with it your way.Whatever anyone tells u here is only to help u properly appraise the situation,and maybe think of other ramifications to the issue at hand,but in the final analysis,its ur call.

I wish u the best!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 07, 2008
A GUY WIT A CHILD.
WETIN BAD THERE?
WHAT A WOMAN NEEDS IN A MAN IS SINCERITY BECOS MOST MEN NOR DEY TALK JUST JUST LIKE MOST WOMEN TOO BUT THIS GUY HAS GOT WHAT IT TAKES.
JUST MAKE UP UR MIND IF U TRULY LOVES HIM.
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by yinkuso08: 8:45pm On Apr 07, 2008
My very first post/ new nairalander, Hello People

@ poster, I do understand where you are coming from. I have been in that very same situation and I had to choose.

First of, be happy that he told you early in your relationship. This means he is thinking about something long-term with you and still giving you a choice to either step back or accept him as is.

My advice would be.

1. Ask about the mother's, where she is, what she does and how often they talk.
2. Be aware of how involved he is in the child's life. If he cares for the child a lot, do not take that in a negative way, but a good potential for a future husband and father to ur children.
3. Are you prepared to love and care for the child like he were urs? If no, you need to end the relationship asap.

I am married to my best friend who happend to have a 3 month old at the time we met, he never told me until the child was 1. I thought about getting out of the relationship because I wanted to avoid the baby mama drama. But I'm glad I stayed, it's been 7yrs now, we are happily married and blessed with 2 other children. My husband never puts me in the position to be worried that he may be with the other woman. The most important thing is I love the child just like the other 2 I bore and no one outside of our family can tell the difference between all three children.

It does have it ups and downs but if you show genuine love towards the child, your relationship will never suffer. As a matter of fact, the child's father will love you more. Since your relationship is fairly new, give it some time but if you can't deal with the above, you need to cut it short asap before you even get involved in the child's life. If you love the guy, you have to love the child as it is also part of him.

Hope it works well. I'm glad I stayed.
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by Dreloaded(f): 8:48pm On Apr 07, 2008
yinka why did yours wait so long to tell you?

Also did you have to deal with any drama from the mother?
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by yinkuso08: 9:55pm On Apr 07, 2008
@ D-reloaded,
His excuse was that he was concerned that I would leave him. We had a discussion early In our relationship where I told him I could never marry a man with a child. Because my mum had a bad experience with my step-sister.

I had to deal with the baby mama drama when we were dating because she always showed up for one thing or the other or always needed him to come and "help out". We had a real discussion after that where I told him I was in the relationship for good and if he loved me, he would need to respect my feelings. I began to spend time with the child when she was over at his place, she even came to spend weekends with me if he had to work. Because of all the attention I was giving to the child, I was basically acting as mum when she was around, with her hair, dress and all ( u know how cute little girls are). We became a little family on our own, I asked him to get weekend custody of the child so we could spend time together (which meant he didn't have to go to the baby mama's house to see her). We would go together to the baby mama's house to pick the baby up on Friday's and take her back on Sundays. Trust me baby mama drama is not even an issue anymore and will never be by God's grace
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by techzone: 10:38pm On Apr 07, 2008
Stay don't go because he has a child. Let it be something else. Aleast he's been honest to you about the child.
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by Johnny(m): 2:42pm On Apr 08, 2008
My girlfriend is a mummy. 2 kids!
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by meanne1(f): 3:01pm On Apr 08, 2008
i will opt out immediately!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by laruuu: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2008
U people,Y are u so short sighted?wat abt if a guy bleeps up afta marrriage and bring home an extra marital affairs's child?Will u divorcehim because of that.Marrying a single guy without a son doesnt guarantee u cant have a step son later in future.If u love him enuf to mary him,mary him and acept ur faith
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by naijabands(m): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2008
I no get talk for mouth, but I go still yarn! If you have reviewed the possible consequences very well, and you think you are capable, please go on. BUT, if you dont see yourself sitting down with that child in the next 13/14 years to hear his/her intimate problems out FORGET IT.

Sha remember that there is a Yoruba adage that roughly translates to say 'any woman that has given birth to your child is as close to a wife as it gets'!

This thread really fascinates me because I am a single dad! grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is A Daddy by swiftycool(m): 7:35pm On Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, yeah, undecided so he's got a baby, and u guys r 3 weeks old, and now the question is "should i keep fu*king him", right??

Well i didnt hear u say he asked u to marry him, so whats the deal, do u need the kid's permission
2 fu*k his/ her daddy, c'mon gimmie a freakin break yall!

Get your guy and get it going on, then call us up if he pops the question, then we can take you serious and offer some advice!
For now, you really dont need it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tales By Moonlight / Guys, What Says You To This Pix? (18+) / Advantages Of Dating A Slim Fitted Girl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.