Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,402 members, 7,891,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:36 PM

Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi (1422 Views)

If Obama Can Be Accused Of Dictatorship By Republicans; Buhari Should Ignore PDP / Worsening Economy: Nigeria Sliding Towards Revolution, Ekweremadu Warns Buhari. / Nigeria Sliding Into Dictatorship, PDP Raises Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Kwajay(m): 10:03am On Apr 07, 2013
Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State yesterday said Nigeria is gradually sliding back to the era of dictatorship and praised the country’s media for remaining “the ray of hope in a dark era.”

In the preliminary comments he made before reading his speech at the grand event at the Expo Centre of Eko Hotel in Lagos, where he was given the Vanguard Personality of the Year Award, the Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, who has of late been involved in a war of words with President Goodluck Jonathan’s men, explained that unlike his usual style of speaking extemporally, he decided to read a prepared speech, because “I am becoming more careful, given that we are gradually going back to the era of dictatorship in this country.”

While Amaechi was formally presented as Vanguard’s Personality of the Year, 2012, at the event, Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, the Managing Director of Access Bank, was also honoured as the runner up.
According to an earlier report by Vanguard, the event was designed to highlight Amaechi’s achievements in the last one year, stating that his “feat in Rivers State has been lauded by eminent personalities.”

The report also said “he is being honoured for his widely acknowledged developmental strides which have seen noteworthy improvements in infrastructure and the impartation of governance on all sectors of the society in Rivers State.”
But responding to praises of his achievements, Amaechi, who dedicated the award to the people of Rivers State said, “I am just an errand boy. Our understanding of political power is that power belongs to the voters.”

READ MORE

Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Culbobby(m): 10:06am On Apr 07, 2013
I love this guy...the ikwerres should be proud of their son.
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by confusion247(m): 10:06am On Apr 07, 2013
Hypocrites
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Kwajay(m): 10:11am On Apr 07, 2013
He is just saying whats on his mind. wink
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by otokx(m): 11:11am On Apr 07, 2013
This my golden governor should try and cool down for Jesus; it is the media that is causing more problems for him by blowing his statements out of proportion.
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Noiseless2: 11:38am On Apr 07, 2013
As if he is not one of them, bloody hypocrite.
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by chymystique(f): 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2013
Meanin dt soon Goodluck will be actin lik Aladeen in the Movie "The Dictator".. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
Formerly he was "weak", but now he is "dictator". When will some persons make up their mind?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2013
amaechi, na u sabi, me sef don tire for 9ja
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2013
I prefer GEJ as a dictator than 100 Amaechi(s) as democrats.

Nairaland is more important than Governor's Forum, And Billyonaire has access to and is more in touch with Nigerians than Amaechi.

I understand that Governor's Forum, is where Governors discuss how to siphon funds abroad, the best surrogates in Nigeria and the features of the latest private jets.

Amaechi will soon become an outcast in Niger Delta, he wont go unpunished after his tenure. Only God forgives, we dont.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by takedat(m): 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
The fear of the four attack dogs(Okupe, Abati, Maku and Reno), and the barking puppies(on social media n NL) is the beginning of wisdom. Its best to avoid being bombarded with press briefings, press releases and tweets! No one is allowed to be critical of GEJ's government!
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by dBard: 2:04pm On Apr 07, 2013
Amaechi said that Amaechi that rules his state wit an iron fist? Amaechi that has almost total rule over wat goes.on at the state house of assembly? The same Amaechi that always insists on things been done his way? The same Amaechi that is widely perceived as arrogant cos of his attitude n approach t issues? That same Amaechi??
Ok, we hear you..
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2013
Billyonaire: I prefer GEJ as a dictator than 100 Amaechi(s) as democrats.

Nairaland is more important than Governor's Forum, And Billyonaire has access to and is more in touch with Nigerians than Amaechi.

I understand that Governor's Forum, is where Governors discuss how to siphon funds abroad, the best surrogates in Nigeria and the features of the latest private jets.

Amaechi will soon become an outcast in Niger Delta, he wont go unpunished after his tenure. Only God forgives, we dont.

Are you seeing what I am seeing? Amechi is a clown!
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by omenka(m): 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Formerly he was "weak", but now he is "dictator". When will some persons make up their mind?

... And in other news, formerly it was UNILAG, then it became MAULAG, then back to UNILAG. Formerly, no more super eagles for the next two years, later, super eagles all the way. Formerly, no amnesty for ghosts, later, ghost can be granted amnesty. Formerly he sought only one term, now he wants another! Etc.

The flip flopper in chief is you-know-who.
Check ur facts b4 spewing garbage.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2013
omenka:

... And in other news, formerly it was UNILAG, then it became MAULAG, then back to UNILAG. Formerly, no more super eagles for the next two years, later, super eagles all the way. Formerly, no amnesty for ghosts, later, ghost can be granted amnesty. Formerly he sought only one term, now he wants another! Etc.

The flip flopper in chief is you-know-who.
Check ur facts b4 spewing garbage.

And what exactly is your point?
To immortalise Abiola by naming UniLag after him was a show of appreciation to what the man contributed to the nations democratic system:
that Nigerians said NO to it and the Presidency accepted to the reverse is a show of a government that is very democratic. A tyrant would never had listened, no matter whose ox is gored.

I don't need any other example, but your reference makes a case for the opposite of a dictator as postulated by Amechi.
On the other hand, I have understood that a critic will always want A when given B, but will always demand for B as soon as you given A.
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by omenka(m): 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
noblezone:

To immortalise Abiola by naming UniLag after him was a show of appreciation to what the man contributed to the nations democratic system:
that Nigerians said NO to it and the Presidency accepted to the reverse is a show of a government that is very democratic. A tyrant would never had listened, no matter whose ox is gored.

I don't need any other example, but your reference makes a case for the opposite of a dictator as postulated by Amechi.
On the other hand, I have understood that a critic will always want A when given B, but will always demand for B as soon as you given A.

Did you read what I quoted before my post at all Na wa for u oo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by fkaz(m): 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2013
noblezone:

The bold part of your statement just concur the fact that jona is clueless and full of flip-flop in decision making. For him to have come out and spew the shiiit out of his mouth in public changing UNILAG to MAULAG without consulting the school authority and other relevant body, show that he lack the principle of governance and also show sign of a dictatorship.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by nig2change: 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Formerly he was "weak", but now he is "dictator". When will some persons make up their mind?
. Amaechi is getting tired. He shd concentrate and give good governance to rivers people and forget the presidency. He should not be deceived.
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2013
omenka:

Did you read what I quoted before my post at all Na wa for u oo.

I have read your post again. Perhaps, are you suggesting that Jonathan is more of a flip flop than a dictator?
I will disagree on with you on the flip -flop theory.
It takes a great man to listen to opinion especially from the led.

fkaz:

The bold part of your statement just concur the fact that jona is clueless and full of flip-flop in decision taken. For him to have come out and spew the shiiit out of his mouth in public changing UNILAG to MAULAG without consulting the school authority and other relevant body, show that he lack the principle of governance and also show sign of a dictatorship.

1. I will like to know what exactly is wrong with honoring Abiloa by changing UniLag to his name since you called it shiit.
2. You mean that the President should have called the University authority and beg them to accept the change of name? or to ask them whether they will accept the change? You will tell me whether the Unilag authority consults the students before they increease school fees or fix exam date. Honestly the easiest profession on the earth is that of a critic.
Carry on.
3. Let us assume that the change was a mistake,a dictator will stick to his guns even if he has made a mistake.
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2013
Amaechi!
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by OurYansh: 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2013
Even his comrades in the killer party have given up on the retardeen....

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by skyfall: 9:59pm On Apr 07, 2013
Oh the going is no longer good, right? When it was all rosy, did we hear your voice? PDP, evil people.
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by omenka(m): 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2013
noblezone:

I have read your post again. Perhaps, are you suggesting that Jonathan is more of a flip flop than a dictator?

1. I will like to know what exactly is wrong with honoring Abiloa by changing UniLag to his name since you called it shiit.
2. You mean that the President should have called the University authority and beg them to accept the change of name? or to ask them whether they will accept the change? You will tell me whether the Unilag authority consults the students before they increease school fees or fix exam date. Honestly the easiest profession on the earth is that of a critic.
Carry on.
3. Let us assume that the change was a mistake,a dictator will stick to his guns even if he has made a mistake.

Omoh, ur case serious gan! U can't be helped.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by fkaz(m): 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
noblezone:

Carry on.

There are many edifice in Abuja, even Asorock which he can name after him, since Abiola fought for democracy

The institution was establish by an act, he should know the right place to go which is the national assembly and also inform the governing council of the institution before the name changing.

If the easiest job on earth is to be a critics, then the most wicked attitude on earth is to be a sycophant
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by chandler05: 1:58am On Apr 08, 2013
Your Excellence ,

The good people of River state have lived under your dictatorship during your tenure that is quickly coming to an end . Can you say you have not imposed policy , laws and strategies on your citizens ?

Look at this as Karma ! Don't worry it is not only you , you will get use to it , Like we all have .

Welcome to the average man life in 9ja wink .
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by koruji(m): 2:45am On Apr 08, 2013
When I say that you people are drunk on power you will start foaming in the mouth.
Really? Only God forgives, you don't?

You people will not face the fact that even those who thought your benefactor was a sensible man now realizes that he is another run-of-the-mill power-hungry politician. A true Mr. I-don't-care".

Billyonaire: I prefer GEJ as a dictator than 100 Amaechi(s) as democrats.

Amaechi will soon become an outcast in Niger Delta, he wont go unpunished after his tenure. [size=14pt]Only God forgives, we dont.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 3:35am On Apr 08, 2013
i have always believed that amaechi will be jailed after his tenure. keeps biting and never remembers to blow cold. lets watch how his vice presidential dream plays out.
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by dayokanu(m): 6:25am On Apr 08, 2013
So PDP leaders like Amaechi has seen how clueless Retardeen is

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 09, 2013
fkaz:

There are many edifice in Abuja, even Asorock which he can name after him, since Abiola fought for democracy

The institution was establish by an act, he should know the right place to go which is the national assembly and also inform the governing council of the institution before the name changing.

If the easiest job on earth is to be a critics, then the most wicked attitude on earth is to be a sycophant

There are edifices, but one of the greatest honour you can give to a great man is to name an institution after him. Check the following, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello and Zik all have institutions named after them. There might be other places, but none would be more honorable than an institution.

The reversal by the Presidency has nothing to do with the act of establishment. IF they had wanted, the name would simply stay put and their is nothing anybody can do about it except demonstration. I know that where it in the days of OBJ that the change was made, it would be a different story.

Perhaps, you need to check the meaning of sycophant before you make use of it next time.

The long and short of what I deduce is this: Abiola has been dumped by his own people! Perhaps, just like the man was laid to rest, the issue of honouring him has also been laid to rest!

omenka:

Omoh, ur case serious gan! U can't be helped.

I believe there is always a solution to any given problem. Why are you so chicken hearted? Why do you give up so soon? What have you even tried? Nothing at all and you are already weary in your quest to help.

yet, be informed that your perception of my need of your help is so flawed that you need help.
I think you can be helped!
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Noiseless2: 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
Id1ot seating on "ABANDONED PROPERTIES" and talking rubbish, may amadioha have no mercy on you and people like you.
Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by vanstanzy(m): 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
Its really saddening that at 53, Nigeria still doesn't know whether its coming or going. In other words, Nigeria still doesn't know its left from its right, no thanks to her people. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Then why won't she slowly slide back to dictatorship?

In the hand of dictators like... embarassed embarassed

Re: Nigeria Sliding Back To Era Of Dictatorship, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
Amaechi and his ilk are part and parcel of the problem nigeria has.

When Dude had access to aso rock he could careless as long as he was getting his share of whatever loot there was.

Now the tide is turning dude is runninh scared. Shouting like a likkle b1tch. Amaechi, Keep talking. Remember silver or whatever his name is??

(1) (Reply)

You: / Are Boko Haram Shifting Base From Nigeria - Niger Republic / Shocking Video:market Where Human Meat Is Sold In London...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.