Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,616 members, 7,979,089 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:09 PM

2015: IBB Tips Tambuwal For Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: IBB Tips Tambuwal For Presidency (523 Views)

Chief Olusegun Obasanjo Backs Tambuwal For Presidency In 2015. / . / APC: Tambuwal For President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015: IBB Tips Tambuwal For Presidency by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 07, 2013
Former Head of State, Gen Ibrahim Babangida, yesterday subtly endorsed Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, for the 2015 presidential race. He lauded the Speaker for being a beacon of hope and a representative of a generation that may yet ensure that the labours of the nation’s heroes past are not in vain.

Speaking in Lagos at the investiture of Governor Rotimi Amaechi and Mr Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuode as Vanguard Newspaper ‘Personality of the Year 2013’, Gen Babangida expressed confidence in the leadership qualities of Tambuwal and thanked him “for giving us hope and assurances. His conduct has shown that the upcoming generation has the capacity to sustain the labour of our heroes past. When leaders like Tambuwal have delivered on their electoral promise, we advise them to try something higher.

For Tambuwal, your guess is as good as mine.” Gen Babangida stressed the need to create an environment that would produce leaders such as the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, who he commended for giving education a face-lift in Rivers State. The former head of state also restated the need for Nigerians to believe in the oneness of the entity called Nigeria, saying a union that has lasted a century could no longer be considered an accident.

He advised that instead of tormenting one another with destructive mutual suspicion, the nation’s political office holders ought to face squarely the job of delivering on their electoral promises. In his words: ‘We all must admit that we do have a task of making this marriage work. A marriage that has survived 100 years can no longer be said to be an accident. We should desire to be Nigerians whose minds and hearts flood with abiding faith in our nation’s virtue and generosity.” The event had in attendance notable Nigerians from all sectors of the economy.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/2015-ibb-tips-tambuwal-for-presidency/
Re: 2015: IBB Tips Tambuwal For Presidency by abuliveyoung(m): 12:17pm On Apr 07, 2013
how does his endorsemnt put food on my table or how does it make me eat three square meals a day?....they should go to hell for all i care! pple are there dieing on a daily basis, corruption, nepotism, cronyism that they created is now d order of the day & it has also become a norm in our society. all they thnk is to forcefully select weaker brains to rule over us. IBB! shame on you, cos u've jeorpardized d future of d youths in this country and posterity will never forgive you.

1 Like

Re: 2015: IBB Tips Tambuwal For Presidency by abuliveyoung(m): 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2013
how does his endorsemnt put food on my table or how does it make me eat three square meals a day?....they should go to hell for all i care! pple are there dieing on a daily basis, corruption, nepotism, cronyism that they created are now d order of the day & they hav also became a norm in our society. all they thnk is to forcefully select weak brains to rule over us. IBB! shame on you, cos u've jeorpardized d future of d youths in this country and posterity will never forgive you.

(1) (Reply)

Now...enough Is Enough! / Confession To Election Rigging: ‘I Was Misunderstood’ – Akpabio / Transparency International Disowns Nigeria Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.