Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,101 members, 7,907,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 09:39 PM

APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro (5185 Views)

Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi / See Why BUHARI'S INEC Is A Disgrace To Democracy / Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by Demdem(m): 11:05am On Apr 08, 2013
Rubbish.
Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by gunuvi(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2013
akins56: OBANIKORO thousands of u and ur gang of killers can never deefeat acn in lagos state:..the guy meant to say'' ACN IS A THREAT TO PDP'!!
People like you will find it very hard to succeed in life.
The question is: is obanikoro saying the truth? Forget about the messenger, let's deliberate on the message.

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by jadakiss213(m): 11:08am On Apr 08, 2013
i must admit i av nevr been a gr8 fan of Koro.always seen him as a loud mouthed politician,nay street urchin suffering from dementia or a serious overuse of narcotics..reclaiming Lagos from d ACN remains what it is.A DREAM.u cldnt get it '07 even wt OBJ's do or die mantra. Btw,'KORO means BITTER...may our lives never be bitter.
Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by lekeodumuyiwa: 11:19am On Apr 08, 2013
Obanikoro is bitter and angry.Tinubu made him commisioner and also gave him the slot under Alliance for Democracy and became a Senator.His problem started when he was influenced by PDP milk in Abuja and decamped to PDP thereby betraying and abandoning the mandate people freely gave him.The people he is castigating now gave him Certificate of Occupancy to live in Parkview in Ikoyi.I will not fault him on some of the issues he raised but the truth is Lagosians did not vote for him because he does not have the ideas and mental capacity to rule a state like Lagos.He did not provide alternatives solutions.He should concentrate on his ambition and try his luck in 2015.Hear Obanikoro in 2007;I will disband Lastma while Jimi Agbaje said I will strengthen Lastma and make it work better.
Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by BabaEleko(m): 11:27am On Apr 08, 2013
In "Sweet Brown" voice . . . Ain't nobody gat time for that.
Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by Tunjman(m): 11:36am On Apr 08, 2013
What you have said about these actors is not peculiar to them. An average politician in Nigeria likes to perch where it is happening.

(Cuts in). I am not one of them. I agree with you, there are so many of them. We are equally experiencing the same thing in PDP. These are people we call merry-weather politicians. There are bunches of them all over the place. But what I am trying to say here is that PDP is a far better arrangement than this new APC. It is under the PDP that oppositions have won elections. In the recent local government election in Kaduna State, we lost even the vice president’s local government. Yet, we did not alter or change the result. PDP as a party has not gone out of its way to corrupt the judiciary like ACN has done. You can imagine what a set of people who have deliberately corrupted judiciary, the hope of the common man, can do when they get to power at the centre. It will become a cash-and-carry transaction government. The judiciary will die a sudden death. In my wildest imagination, I cannot imagine that people can go to the length they went in Salami saga. In fact, I see these people as a threat to democracy and the rule of law in this country. Look at Lagos State for instance, our Internally Generated Revenue has been pocketed. They are sand filling everywhere recklessly. In the past, when there was sand filling of any particular area, they used to advertise it for the good of the common man. What they are doing is creating a private scheme which they themselves alone and their cronies can benefit from. All the demolition they have done in Ebute Meta and Badiya is for their selfish end. They did it without any compensation to the affected people. For you to displace a settlement of over 100 years, you must provide an alternative. Badiya has been there since I was born. I met it there and I am over fifty years now. To me, that demolition is a serious matter but nobody is taking them up. That shows you the level to which the society has degenerated. People who are supposed to speak out have been compromised. And that is the more reason why these people cannot be trusted and must never be trusted by Nigerians. If you see the recklessness and arrogance with which they are going about governance in the Southwest, you will know that these are not people you can be trusted with power.

And what are you Obanikoro? a prostitute politician? was it not when your ambition failed in AC you defected to PDP? Did i hear you say ACN buys the judiciary in the south-west? what about those LCDA seats your party recovered through tribunal in 'gidi? abeg park well Mr. loser, despite your popularity and your party's do or die politics in 2003, Fashola whom nobody knew defeated you and shamed 'tewonde' Bode George who anointed you. You are not in anyway better than the tinubu you're condemning because, you can't survive outside politics. Your political godfather knew this and helped you lobby for an ambassadorial appointment at least to see remnants of the 'real money' your party stalwarts share among themselves. How relevant are you in the PDP you're defending? I hope your Ogas at the top don't rely on you to unseat APC/ACN in 'gidi because, they won't be able to stand your failure in 2015.

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by miqos02(m): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2013
mr obanikoro, you knew tinubu was bad, but you contested for the senatorial seat on the platform of his party
Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by Venchy: 11:49am On Apr 08, 2013
mike404: I expect lagos wannabe like tifnubu and fashola to keep quiet when a REAL lagos boy like Ambassador Musiliu Obanikoro s talking...he really opened their yarnsh cheesy

The real Lagos boy indeed, politics with bitterness as usual.

Listen, this guy failed woefully considering all the influence and the support he had the by past government, Tinubu is not a good man because he's the Directors of Agbero but cuddos to him for the few progress he made but later deviate to GREEDY BASTARD.

Fashola to me has done very well but Lagos was neglected knowing fully well it's the heart of Nigeria as well as the face of the country, Rome was not build in a day but gradual process and consistency in their manifesto has helped in the building of Rome and that's what it's hsppening.

Absolute nothing was done before AC but milking the income generated by Lagos and I can't see KORO making any difference.

I don't like Tinubu style but Fashola all the way.
Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by ANYPEN(m): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
"APC IS A THREAT TO PDP".... you mean to say, Mr. Koro
Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
i've alwaz maintained dt ACN places more emphasizes on infrastructral development to human development
Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by jaso1(m): 12:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
Obanikoro is half cut snake strugling deadly to pull people along with him to hell fire. We Lagosian can't forget your lacadastard and unimainable corruption of yours while in office. Youre the originator of burning down the office to hide documented effidence of your corruption while in office. You deployed set of rubbers into Lagos in your first time gubernotarial contest with Fashola. people were kiled and maim but you never brought to justice. Wost APC is better than PDP. Nigerians with contemporary happening and PDP past event- can prodict PDP hardship in nearest future without error.
Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
I and my patriotic alliance do support Obanikoro in this truthful exposition, and we will push ACN out of Alausa in 2015. No place for the wicked.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by Gbawe2: 12:54pm On Apr 08, 2013
You can discern that Obanikoro is nothing but an unintelligent thug with his utterances. Even those who dislike the formation of the APC and are threatened by the merger see the big picture and have enough sense not to sound ignorant like Obanikoro.

The general consensus from bright politicians and political observers, even those staunchly devoted to the PDP, is that the APC is the next stage in the evolution of Nigeria. Many mention The USA, UK and even Ghana where two very strong and equally matched Parties act as automatic checks and balance against impunity because they both possess the strength to depose each other at the polls.

Much better than what Nigeria has, to worldwide condemnation, whereby one strong Party can misrule the nation for 50 years with impunity while being comfortable and secure in the knowledge it cannot be removed at the center because no opposition has grown strong enough to put in a formidable challenge. While the world evolve, to include African nations around us, Obanikoro has to be the only ignorant politician to show he does not understand what democracy is.

A child knows what Nigeria is under, i.e PDP unchallenged control at the center, is not "democracy". What has led to the lost and totally wasted 14 years under the PDP, whereby the Party goes from one disastrous low (OBJ's grand corruption) to another (the nauseating fuel subsidy scam and Alams pardon under GEJ), if not the fact that the PDP knows it can be as bad as it wants and still retain the center at the next poll? Once again, Obanikoro shows why he is a 'low level' politician.
Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by Gbawe2: 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
gunuvi:
People like you will find it very hard to succeed in life.
The question is: is obanikoro saying the truth? Forget about the messenger, let's deliberate on the message.

Stop wishing for people what is likely to happen to you given how you talk. What "truth" is Obanikoro saying with his ignorant talk that APC is a treat to democracy? Is it not obvious the thug does not know what democracy is? Is it democratic for the PDP to glorify in being a piss-poor example of leadership, perhaps the worst in the world given the amount of Nigeria's wealth it has squandered, for 50 years while Nigeria never evolves politically to mount a challenge against this monster?

Why do you think PDP leaders can have the audacity to openly and insultingly brag they will rule for 50 years when the entire world only sees a hideously misruling Party to the extent a Ghanaian economist and America politician openly called for the removal of GEJ ?

How do you think the world perceives us when we claim to be the giant of Africa while they see smaller nations evolving robust and genuinely democratic systems where non-performers at the center are kicked out regularly and without damaging delay? As a well-exposed person, I see that so many Africans are far more politically sophisticated than Nigerians who , as usual, only know how to make noise.

Given what we have currently, how can any sane person oppose the formation of APC? Even those who do not like the APC, yet are politically sophisticated enough, know to accept that this merger is a very good development that will strengthen Nigeria's democracy. IBB, Aliyu, Tukur, the PDP's official spokesperson, Olisa Metuh, and many others have all said the formation of the APC can only strengthen our democracy. Yet Obanikoro has to be the only ignorant person to show he is only about the politics of enmity, division and bitterness. Anyone , like Obanikoro, who does not appreciate that the APC represents politically positive evolution for Nigeria is just deluded, ignorant, unintelligent and ill-exposed.

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by gunuvi(m): 8:24am On Apr 09, 2013
Gbawe.:

Stop wishing for people what is likely to happen to you given how you talk. What "truth" is Obanikoro saying with his ignorant talk that APC is a treat to democracy? Is it not obvious the thug does not know what democracy is? Is it democratic for the PDP to glorify in being a piss-poor example of leadership, perhaps the worst in the world given the amount of Nigeria's wealth it has squandered, for 50 years while Nigeria never evolves politically to mount a challenge against this monster?

Why do you think PDP leaders can have the audacity to openly and insultingly brag they will rule for 50 years when the entire world only sees a hideously misruling Party to the extent a Ghanaian economist and America politician openly called for the removal of GEJ ?

How do you think the world perceives us when we claim to be the giant of Africa while they see smaller nations evolving robust and genuinely democratic systems where non-performers at the center are kicked out regularly and without damaging delay? As a well-exposed person, I see that so many Africans are far more politically sophisticated than Nigerians who , as usual, only know how to make noise.

Given what we have currently, how can any sane person oppose the formation of APC? Even those who do not like the APC, yet are politically sophisticated enough, know to accept that this merger is a very good development that will strengthen Nigeria's democracy. IBB, Aliyu, Tukur, the PDP's official spokesperson, Olisa Metuh, and many others have all said the formation of the APC can only strengthen our democracy. Yet Obanikoro has to be the only ignorant person to show he is only about the politics of enmity, division and bitterness. Anyone , like Obanikoro, who does not appreciate that the APC represents politically positive evolution for Nigeria is just deluded, ignorant, unintelligent and ill-exposed.
Can you please forget about the title and focus on the body of the message. In all you mentioned above you only spoke about APC and have not answered my questions yet on all the allegations made by Amb Koro.
He pointed more than 20 areas where Tinubu and ACN are misgoverning Lagos state and you come here blabbing about APC. I don't have any problem with APC but other points raised.
Re: APC Is A Threat To Democracy – Obanikoro by elebiola(m): 10:05am On Apr 09, 2013
Even when the truth stares at you in the face.... You would find an excuse to hide from it but one thing is always going to be certain.... Truth would never die. Nigeria is burning and Lagos is not exempted,take it or leave it, the choice is yours..... When history is going to be written, we would know where all the politicians would fall.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Osinbajo Locked Out Of President? Buhari’s Security Meeting / First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers, June 1959 - Photo / Biography Of Sen. Douye Diri: Bayelsa PDP Governorship Flagbearer 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.