Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,845 members, 7,942,117 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 08:38 PM

Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! (4011 Views)

Senators Push Back Against Saraki’s Intrigues, Use Of Senate To Fight,. / Armed Forces Radio Begins Live Transmission / Stations Caught Selling Above The N87, Will Have Its Licence Revoked – FG Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Ashiwaju(m): 11:27am On May 12, 2006
@ twinstaiye

We will fire you from this forum when obj fails in 2007, you seem to be on his side without any proven evidence of why that man should stay in office? If you love Elongation that much why not go to Mogabe's or Faure's Country. Peeps like you would only make what happened in Togo repeats its self in Nigeria.

Why mandela no go pass one term even though his constitution allowed it, why clinton no go for third term. Be resonable ooo and ignorance is a disease, a plague more dealier than AIDS and Bird Flu.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by twinstaiye(m): 11:38am On May 12, 2006
It is not ignorance, and I demand to be heard too. Those country you mentioned above did not get there at one trial even in Ghana, Rawlings was the messiah before they got their democracy right. He put things right where they are today. Nigerians bunch of politician do not have the masses love in mind, they dont mean well, they just want to get their and enrich their pockets. So unless we change our orientation from that scenario and have the orientation of going there to improve the lots of nigerians, then let baba continue if he wants to. And dont start telling me, nigerians has not improved than where he met it, use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Ashiwaju(m): 12:00pm On May 12, 2006
@twinstaiye

B4 nko, na my hand i for take dey count my teeth? OBJ is just fortunate to be at that sit gentle man and if you must know, people tends to invest in a democratic environment.

Why wont you have lots of foriegn investors in naija? dont you know that the more naira falls the more foriegn investors we have? now you know $10000 is 1.5m in naira and Kudos to obj for naira's depreciation. very soon CFA and Cedis would be beta of naira. kudos to him ones again and all his campaingers
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Larufa(m): 12:18pm On May 12, 2006
@twinstaiye,

3rd term project has failed. Stopped hitting your head against a concrete wall.
We needed 37 senators to block the evil project but with God on our side we have 42 solid and responsible Senators.

In the House of Rep. we are also leading.

So please be liberal and open minded about this 3rd term issue. One man can not and will not know it all. We have seen the best of OBJ, how far he can go. He is leaving Aso Rock comes 29 May,2007. He should start paying farewell visits/tours round the country. Let States and his corporate friends start organising sent-fort dinner for him.

"Civil war was not fought because of a single individual" -- Gen. Theo Danjuma

Bye Bye to OBJ. Till he dies and gets national burial.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Seun(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2006
I still receive AIT here via BEN TV. It wouldn’t astonish if their licence was in fact revoked and someone saw some sense and decided not to see the whole thing through.

"For this sin, the federal Government has cancelled the network license of AIT and given the media organization a 21-day ultimatum to dismantle its transmitters and relocate its operational base from Asokoro hill."
http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/cover/may06/10052006/f210052006.html

So there's a 21 day ultimatum. Can someone in the media industry explain what "network license" means? Perhaps what is being withdrawn is just the privilege to cover the proceedings in Abuja?
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by twinstaiye(m): 1:28pm On May 12, 2006
onanugaola:

@twinstaiye,

3rd term project has failed. Stopped hitting your head against a concrete wall.
We needed 37 senators to block the evil project but with God on our side we have 42 solid and responsible Senators.

In the House of Rep. we are also leading.

So please be liberal and open minded about this 3rd term issue. One man can not and will not know it all. We have seen the best of OBJ, how far he can go. He is leaving Aso Rock comes 29 May,2007. He should start paying farewell visits/tours round the country. Let States and his corporate friends start organising sent-fort dinner for him.

"Civil war was not fought because of a single individual" -- Gen. Theo Danjuma

Bye Bye to OBJ. Till he dies and gets national burial.
Dont count your chicken before they are hatch, the number of senators for and against is being determined now by what they say, when it is time to vote, most of them must have change their mind.
Ashiwaju:

@twinstaiye

B4 nko, na my hand i for take dey count my teeth? OBJ is just fortunate to be at that sit gentle man and if you must know, people tends to invest in a democratic environment.

Why wont you have lots of foriegn investors in naija? don't you know that the more naira falls the more foriegn investors we have? now you know $10000 is 1.5m in naira and Kudos to obj for naira's depreciation. very soon CFA and Cedis would be beta of naira. kudos to him ones again and all his campaingers
Baba is trying, it is those saboteurs politicians who knows baba is blocking their way to the top that are sabotaging this government. It would have been worst than what it is now.
So I ask you once again, whom do you think can succeed Obasanjo and those selfish and greedy politician would allow them to be there? I beg let baba continue.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Akolawole(m): 1:46pm On May 12, 2006
But AIT themselves denied being closed down.

I wonder.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Akolawole(m): 2:00pm On May 12, 2006
Uche Chukwumerije.

I cant believe knowledgeable people can believe this man.

http://odili.net/news/source/2006/may/11/46.html
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by twinstaiye(m): 3:56pm On May 12, 2006
Thanks akolawole, see the propanganda of anti third term politicians. At least it is now put to rest that AIT was never closed nor its licence threatened to be revoked.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by lawole: 4:03pm On May 12, 2006
@twinstaiye

When would you get it into your head that the TTA is dead like a frozen fish before it got to the Senate. It is pple like you who, even though 95% of the country is against the TTA you still want to impose your 5% opinon on us.  
As per likely successors to Obj , if i start counting it will take me days to finish. Just for starters Pat Utomi,Emaka Aynaoku, El Rufai, Okezelize, Iweala, Udo Udoma, Sanusi Daggash, and many more. So stop all these rubbish that we a nation of 150 Million dont have good materials to be our president.
By the way do you know that you darling Presidebt Obj does not even have a university degree. He was a school cert failure ! ! !
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by nuggard(m): 4:35pm On May 12, 2006
It still does'nt change my mind "antics or no antics of Anti-tta" Obj is a gay and should get of the seat, This from a believer in democracy.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by larger20(m): 4:48pm On May 12, 2006
OBJ must go back to otta, no too ways about it, I am glad its fake news but this is really sucks. he can be sued for such act
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by twinstaiye(m): 5:04pm On May 12, 2006
lawole:

@twinstaiye

When would you get it into your head that the TTA is dead like a frozen fish before it got to the Senate. It is people like you who, even though 95% of the country is against the TTA you still want to impose your 5% opinon on us.
As per likely successors to Obj , if i start counting it will take me days to finish. Just for starters Pat Utomi,Emaka Aynaoku, El Rufai, Okezelize, Iweala, Udo Udoma, Sanusi Daggash, and many more. So stop all these rubbish that we a nation of 150 Million don't have good materials to be our president.
By the way do you know that you darling Presidebt Obj does not even have a university degree. He was a school cert failure ! ! !
Thanks lawole, now how many times in this country have we gotten credible candidates like those ones you mentioned above, and how many times were those politicians allowed them to get there? They will never allow those who are capable to get there, the same way that Baba got there too, so why do we continue in this way, why do we continue to allow them to take us for a ride. Why do we continue to allow them to play with our psyche and twist us like a pantomine. Let baba continue until he can set a good atmosphere that will let the people you mentioned above rule us as at when due. And mind you, I am not saying he is the best to rule Nigeria and there are no better candidates, but the fact remains that those politicians will never allow those whom they know will never dance to their tune get to that seat. So enough is enough, since baba seems to be a real nut for them to crack, let him go on soun jare. Yes to 3rd term for OBJ
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by kellybaba(m): 6:27pm On May 12, 2006
am most pleased that i have allies in dis fight 2 stop d monstrous 3rd (or is it 4th term according to gen. theophilus danjuma) term project.
i have always told d apologists of dis ignoble project that their basis for calling for baba's continued stay is untenable. that fact that a constitution amendmaent is bin woven around a single prson is highly unfortunate and reeks of very shallow wisdom.
what they r telling us is that subsequent presidents can also afford to elongate their stay when their tenures are in their twilight.very baaaaaad precedent !
again,what sustains reforms is not an individual per se but very credible and strong institutions and system(be it political,economic,social). does it mean that without baba,there will b no more nigeria?
well,to save my breath,i think all apologists of dis "coup d'etat" r working hard for their pockets & stomachs !
long live 9ja !
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Akolawole(m): 1:14am On May 13, 2006
We know good and bad Nigerians, for Chukwumerige to cook up something and nearly everybody here queue up behind Uche is highly dissapointing.

This should be the end of this thread, you can continue OBJ bashing in another thread.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Ashiwaju(m): 12:20pm On May 15, 2006
True, they revoked licence to cover debate so it would be a closed affair and so they can reach a fake verdict with no mandate.

Have you heard the latest.

Armed Men abi na Security Men Raid AIT and sezied some Tapes today today. So you see its not just about revoke license to cover ooo but just anoda move to finish dokpesi
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by twinstaiye(m): 1:40pm On May 15, 2006
For all we care they may not be SSS who invaded AIT, it could be one of those propanganda by either anti or pro 3rd term campaigners, just to drive home some point.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by lawole: 1:45pm On May 15, 2006
@twinstaiye and @ Akolawole

See, did you guys not cry blue murder last week when it was said that Obj will lamp down on the media. Wetin he now dey do for AIT ? But guess what it will never work. Let me tell you a story. Over the weekend i went to a barbing saloon to get an hair cut. You sholud have seen the level of awareness and discussion going on . Mind you the barber and his friends are not what you called educated people by any standard, but they know what is going on in the political terrain and nobody can fool them by talking jargons. It shows that Nigeria are getting more and more involved and knowing what is going on around them. Once you get informed it will be diffcult for some non entity to pull wool over your face. And that is what Obj and his co travellers are afraid of.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by md4real(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2006
nigera factor for you? we go survive! sad
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by larger20(m): 4:55pm On May 15, 2006
Actually the story was not frammed. they did it recently, the man is right,
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by avocat(m): 3:28pm On May 16, 2006
how can you say that this worse than military regime? i disagree with you. things have really improved in nigeria in the last eight years. many people below the age of 20 do not have any idea of what it was like to live under military rule. i find that many people are just spreading false rumour for their own personal agendas, including third term. why not let the politicians do their job. eh! i beg.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Ashiwaju(m): 3:43pm On May 16, 2006
Yes indeed, let the politicians do their work, so that you can continue to live in UK and pass comments on event in Nigeria. Be real Gentle man abi na Gentle woman you be, we all dont have to see it from your own persp. its straight and simple why they say its worse than military era, meaning a civilian govt that ignores the voice of the ppl is worse than a military govt that ignores the voice of the people(We know military for dictatorship so we werent suprised but Democracy? Naa)
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by GL(f): 2:34am On May 18, 2006
The way information makes rounds in Nigeria is funny, we hear all sorts of stories. I heard that AIT's license wasn't revoked. Rather, AIT Abuja was shut down because they announced on air that there was a plan by some ppl to bomb Abuja.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by larger20(m): 3:56am On May 18, 2006
GL:

The way information makes rounds in Nigeria is funny, we hear all sorts of stories. I heard that AIT's license wasn't revoked. Rather, AIT Abuja was shut down because they announced on air that there was a plan by some people to bomb Abuja.

Welcome to nigeria smiley
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Ashiwaju(m): 1:19pm On May 18, 2006
Yes ooo, Welcome to Naija

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : / I Will Make Education Free In Imo State- Rochas Okorocha / Katsina Has N16 Billion While Others Are Owing: New Governors Take Note!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.