Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:21 AM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (179790 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by drious(m): 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2011
thank you, pls someone should reply yes lipsrsealed

Drious.X.Scorpes
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 04, 2011
FINALLY!!! The untethered jailbreak is out for 4.2.1 ios on newer devices (3GS newbootrom,iPhone 4, iPad and ipt4g) but only on mac ox for the moment. Windows version coming soon,
It's called greenpois0n-RC5
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 10:56am On Feb 05, 2011
I have a very clean iPhone 4 16Gb already unlocked going for N85,000. contact 08065656796
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by zenus(m): 3:37am On Feb 06, 2011
tumababa:

FINALLY!!! The untethered jailbreak is out for 4.2.1 ios on newer devices (3GS newbootrom,iPhone 4, iPad and ipt4g) but only on mac ox for the moment. Windows version coming soon,
It's called greenpois0n-RC5

It's out but if i post de link i might get ban
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by zenus(m): 3:40am On Feb 06, 2011
Greenpois0n 4.2.1 untethered, Windows and Mac are both out download at: www.triggerdown . net / jailbreakingarchive . htm

http : / / cache . greenpois0n . com / dl / gp _ win _ rc5 _ b2 . zip
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 06, 2011
Just ran gp rc5b2 (windows) over my tethered redsn0w jailbreak(not monted) and it went smooth, now fully untethered. U will need Internet connection though
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by moonraker(m): 8:46am On Feb 06, 2011
Just Upgraded my iphone 4 to 4.2.1 leaving the baseband at 2.10

nothing special in this firmware!!!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by drious(m): 11:30am On Feb 06, 2011
Has anyone tested this on iPad or iPod touch 4g?

Drious.X.Scorpes?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by n3rve(m): 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2011
drious:

From the README:

> Supported iDevices:

- iPod Touch 2G (all bootroms)
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPad 1G
- iPhone 3Gs (all bootroms)
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 Verizon (_not_tested_)
- ___AppleTV 2___ (support will be added in RC6)

-[n3rve]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 06, 2011
Shd be jailbreaking a tethered iPad tomorrow. Will let u know.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by sirgigs: 11:46am On Feb 07, 2011
@bignaija
Please wats dis data package all about?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2011
drious:

Drious.X.Scorpes?
just finished jailbreaking two ipads, both now untethered
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 07, 2011
Has anyone tried this app in cydia, Mywi Ondemand? a very cool app for turning your iphone to a mobile hotspot. if u av an iphone and u want to buy an ipad, u dont need the one with 3g, just get the wifi only ipad and share ur 3g connection with the ipad

BTW u can check this link for an iphone 3gs for sale

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-559298.96.html#msg7684782

just like new. i deduct 1k for every scratch u see on the phone grin cool
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lalaboi(m): 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2011
^^^
Is it true that the new jailbreak for 4.2.1 cnt last a reeboot?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by n3rve(m): 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2011
What do you mean by "can't last a reboot"? I jailbroke my iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 & I don't have any issues with a reboot.

-[n3rve]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lalaboi(m): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2011
It was just something i read somewhere, .i wanto confirm from you guyz who have jailbroken 4.2.1 b4 i do mine
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by n3rve(m): 9:00pm On Feb 07, 2011
Mind linking to what you read? I jailbroke mine using Greenpois0n RC5 & used Redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 to install cydia & hacktivate. I have absolutely no issues besides being on a locked baseband (03.10.01) which has nothing to do with the JB.
What your phone's firmware/baseband version & do you require an unlock?

-[n3rve]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lalaboi(m): 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2011
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by n3rve(m): 9:13pm On Feb 07, 2011
I glanced through the news entry. It's saying that a tethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 (Redsn0w) has been avaiable before the Chronic Dev's Greenpois0n release. There's nothing to worry about, you can safely jailbreak your iPhone on 4.2.1.

-[n3rve]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lovelight: 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2011
I love My Nigeria Mobile www.mynigeriamobile.com
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lalaboi(m): 12:44am On Feb 08, 2011
Tried restoring to 4.2.1, na so my phone denge pose for restore mode. . . To restore sef na wahala. . . Apparently, there's this bug with upgrading to 4.2.1 . . .error 1013 . . .or whatever it was,

After several attempts to restore sha, I googled and found the solution. . Some bug on itunes . . . had to run some terminal ish to get it sorted. .

Its bn jailbroken now sha, . nt without learning some ish lol. .
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by n3rve(m): 12:51am On Feb 08, 2011
A 1013, hmmmm, what do you get when you ping gs.apple.com? I think you either used Tiny Umbrella which automatically diverts request from iTunes to a designated server (Saurik's). Anyways, the good thing about that error is that you're already updated, you just needed to kick it out of recovery. It just failed during the bb update.

-[n3rve]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lalaboi(m): 12:58am On Feb 08, 2011
Actually it didnt update. . .It just stops when updating and gives the error. . .
I've got tiny umbrella but i dnt knw zilch on how to use it lol. .Tried using to exit recovery but the same thing happened until i commented out that gs.apple.com in terminal. . .
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by n3rve(m): 1:05am On Feb 08, 2011
By the time iTunes generates a 1013, it's far past the stage of upgrading the firmware itself. I did that when I needed to stay on an unlockable baseband. The 1013 error is more of a success story for jailbreakers/unlockers, l☺l. The thing is that now that you commented out the gs.apple divert (which u shouldn't do if u rely on an unlock), your baseband has been updated to match 4.2.1's BB which is 03.10.01. As such, you can't use that iPhone on an unsupported carrier for the time being. It also reduces resale value, FYI. Anyways, it's a good thing that you're jailbroken now.

-[n3rve]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lalaboi(m): 1:20am On Feb 08, 2011
I don need to Unlock mahn. . Tmobile has got the best 3g service and i got a contract with them . . . so no point unlocking. . .

Thanks for the info anyway. . safe
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 08, 2011
moonraker:

Just Upgraded my iphone 4 to 4.2.1 leaving the baseband at 2.10

nothing special in this firmware!!!

How did u get it to work? Did u av ur 4.1 shsh saved b4 upgrading? I tried preserving a locked 2.10 bb with no shsh saved but no success after all possible tries. Had to upgrade d bb to 3.10 since they are both locked .
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by n3rve(m): 10:56am On Feb 08, 2011
Tumababa,
You couldn't preserve the baseband? How come? Didn't you get the expected 1013 error?

-[n3rve]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 08, 2011
Got it but TU couldn't kick it out of recovery, also TU was still seeing it as 4.1 2.10 bit stuck in recovery. After so many tries I upgraded to 3.10, so I think it has to do with those with shsh saved
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by n3rve(m): 11:59am On Feb 08, 2011
Ah, that's expected. TU can't kick you out of recovery when you upgrade using that method. You need libusb installed on your PC (must remove once done or it will generate a BSOD at every turn off) and iRecovery.exe. I use both softwares to establish a shell into the iPhone, execute this command:
setenv auto-boot true[quote][/quote]

After which, you do a reboot or fsboot & you should be back on. I used that to kick an iPhone 4 out of the stupid recovery loop after I preserved the baseband on 01.59.00; All dandy now cheesy

-[n3rve]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by n3rve(m): 12:02pm On Feb 08, 2011
Why can't I modify my post post in this section? I mistakenly closed /code with /quote. I meant:

setenv auto-boot true 

-[n3rve]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by moonraker(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2011
@ Tumababa

tumababa:

How did u get it to work? Did u av your 4.1 shsh saved b4 upgrading? I tried preserving a locked 2.10 bb with no shsh saved but no success after all possible tries. Had to upgrade d bb to 3.10 since they are both locked .

Heres what i did, i admit. i did have my shsh for 4.1 but i dont think that shd have stopped u frm preserving yur baseband

anyways, this is what i did.

I typed gs.apple.com, its went to the apple page.

then i downloaded TU and ran it. then went to same page and then i got to the cydia page

then i connected my iphone 4 to my pc, opened itunes and clicked on the UPDATE button.

its did its thing and brought out the 1031 error code. then i closed itunes and waited for

a while for the kick out of recovery button to appear, then i clicked on it and bada bin bada boom, its worked!!!

4.2.1 with baseband 2.10

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (103)

Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now / Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.