Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,078 members, 7,890,563 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:04 PM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (179781 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 14, 2011
Ardenb:

Hi my peeps, a little bit of help pls,
I just got an iphone 3Gs from someone fairly used.

How do i know if it is factory unlocked cos i want to update the firmware n scared.

Plenty tanx guys.
Go to cydia n search for ultrasn0w if it is marked, it is NOT factory unlocked. Simple. U can also check the baseband
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2011
tumababa:

Go to cydia n search for ultrasn0w if it is marked, it is NOT factory unlocked. Simple. U can also check the baseband

Tanx Tumababa, checked cydia and i didnt see ultrasnow so am guessing its factory unlocked then.
but sorry pls wats baseband n how do i check for that, plsssss pardon my iphone illiteracy.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2011
Give me a call to b sure 08053250698
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 7:56am On Apr 15, 2011
Ardenb:

Tanx Tumababa, checked cydia and i didnt see ultrasnow so am guessing its factory unlocked then.
but sorry pls wats baseband n how do i check for that, plsssss pardon my iphone illiteracy.

grin grin grin but everyone is once an iphone illiterate, including me.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 15, 2011
Lol
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 15, 2011
just checked my FIRMWARES folder. Its now 25Gig. from 3.1.2 to 4.3.2 all devices(stock and custom). Na wahoo
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 11:06am On Apr 15, 2011
Mine is 32Gb+ funny enough, I haven't even gotten 4.3.2s

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2011
tumababa:

Give me a call to b sure 08053250698
Tanx Tumbaba, finally updated my phone successfully. I hav a lil issue though, wit d former OS i am able to use my phone as a modem to browse using intefnet tethering. Afta d update i notice d internet tethering tab changed to personal hotspot.
Prob: i cant use my phone as a modem anymore wit d personal hotspot tingy despite configuring my tethering settings. What do i do? Many tanx.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by kaykaodili: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
sup house, just got an iphone with d screen showing connect to itunes, pls wat do i do to bring the homescreen back?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2011
That means the phone is in recovery mode. Could be caused by so many reason. eg. If the baseband doesn't correspond with the firmware, if this is the case, you can use[b] TinyUmbrella to get it out of recovery mode[/b]. But what really happened before the phone got stocked to recovery mode with this It will be easy to[b] identify the problem and get you solution to it[/b].
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by dynna(m): 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
pls,anybody whose got a clean UK iphone4 for sale should pls call me - 08058203488.thanks
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2011
dynna:

pls,anybody whose got a clean UK iphone4 for sale should pls call me - 08058203488.thanks

If U can pay 90k I got one for U.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2011
chipass:

Hi guys,

I'm new to apple so I may sound like the rookie that I am but I need your help. Just bought the ipod touch 4G from the UAE but I'm a pretty fraustrated user right now. My problems are as follows:

1. I can't go to the app store or itunes - reason: Nigeria is not on the list of countries where the appstore and itunes are available so i can't conclude the setup of my apple account (I have a valid Nigerian credit card and all).

2. If I succeed in getting out of problem (1) above, I won't be able to use facetime because it's not installed - I understand it is banned in the UAE. I hear jailbreaking can fix this. Is it true?

3. The device is almost useless - internet connection is only by wifi. Is there and way I can connect the device to the internet using my laptop (Pc not mac)?

My Questions are:
a) Will jailbreaking be of any use to me? if yes, in what way? (BTW I just updated 4.2.1 to the latest software version a few days ago)

b) Is there a way to set up my apple account using my Nigerian credit card and Nigerian address?

c) Is there any way I can browse the appstore with my device?

Thanks guys. I hope I have made sense. Any advice you give will be most welcome. I'm happy to clarify any issues regarding my device.

Jailbreak is strongly recommended if you want to enjoy the iTouch 4G.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by zenus(m): 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2011
Open Heaven Devotion for IPHONE

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 30, 2011
Hello Guys, I can seem to have the strength to go through all the comments, just got an IPhone from a friend, can I use my Naija SIM on it, and if I can, how do I get the SIM to fit into the SIM CARD compartment of the phone

Thanks.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2011
What is d model of d iPhone? U can chat with me by clicking my online status
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 30, 2011
helo tumababa

Model is A1332 . . . . . but you are presently offline. maybe we should talk over phone? pls give me your mobile number. . . . .thanks.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2011
ilugunboy:

helo tumababa

Model is A1332 . . . . . but you are presently offline. maybe we should talk over phone? pls give me your mobile number. . . . .thanks.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

ilugunboy, Tumababa is asking if the phone is an iPhone 2G, 3G, 3Gs or 4? Anyway search shows that the phone in question is an iPhone 4. You need to get Gevey sim to unlock it.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 30, 2011
Thanks I took it to slot ikj and the sim was cut to size. It working now.
How do I configure the Airtel intrnet settings?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 9:17pm On Apr 30, 2011
on your iPhone navigate to Settings - General - Network - Cellular Data Network

Apn: internet.ng.zain.com

Note: Your sim must have been activated for 'internet' already. Otherwise you need visit dmc.ng.airtel.com to activate it. If you are having problem activating it, you can drop your number and I will do that for you.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lynxnoon(m): 6:49pm On May 01, 2011
sun_temi:

on your iPhone navigate to Settings - General - Network - Cellular Data Network

Apn: internet.ng.zain.com

Note: Your sim must have been activated for 'internet' already. Otherwise[b] you need visit dmc.ng.airtel.com to activate it[/b]. If you are having problem activating it, you can drop your number and I will do that for you.
wanted to ask if its still functioning but just checked now and saw its active wink
cheers wink
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by omafones: 2:47am On May 03, 2011
We at omafones now have a workaround for registering Nigerians on iTunes without the need for a credit card. You the customer, will have a genuine Apple ID and password (you can change this password at a later date).

the whole process takes less than an hour to complete

If in Lagos meet us at our new showroom on 130 Awolowo Rd, otherwise contact by phone 08033068085, or email us at info@omafones.com

Please note we charge a small admin fee of N2500
Your Apple account will be UK based
You can get free apps, paid for apps will require a voucher or credit card (we suggest you used the vouchers which we can also supply)
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 8:38am On May 03, 2011
Whatever you do, who ever you are, if you use iDevice as in; if you own iPhone, iTouch, iPad e.t.c always save your device's SHSH blogs it is very[b] important[/b]. It will allow you to be able to downgrade your iDevice's firmware whenever new are available. You can save your device's SHSH blogs with TinyUmbrella or better still, use this Cydia app called iSHSit Once again it is very important.

Gevey SIM for iPhone 4 unlock is available for just 10k flat, works on all baseband and firmware including iOS 4.3.2.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 8:40am On May 03, 2011
Whatever you do, who ever you are, if you use iDevice as in; if you own iPhone, iTouch, iPad e.t.c always save your device's SHSH blogs it is very[b] important[/b]. It will allow you to be able to downgrade your iDevice's firmware whenever new updates are available. You can save your device's SHSH blogs with TinyUmbrella or better still, use this Cydia app called iSHSit Once again it is very important.

Gevey SIM for iPhone 4 unlock is available for just 10k flat, works on all baseband and firmware including iOS 4.3.2.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 03, 2011
Sun_Temi. . . . . .thanks for your service, my phone is the butt of envy amongst my colleagues! *winks*
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 6:51pm On May 03, 2011
ilugunboy:

Sun_Temi. . . . . .thanks for your service, my phone is the butt of envy amongst my colleagues! *winks*

My head dey swell oooooooo grin grin grin. You are welcome n thanks too for your understanding.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 7:19pm On May 04, 2011
omafones:

We at omafones now have a workaround for registering Nigerians on iTunes without the need for a credit card. You the customer, will have a genuine Apple ID and password (you can change this password at a later date).

the whole process takes less than an hour to complete

If in Lagos meet us at our new showroom on 130 Awolowo Rd, otherwise contact by phone 08033068085, or email us at info@omafones.com

Please note we charge a small admin fee of N2500
Your Apple account will be UK based
You can get free apps, paid for apps will require a voucher or credit card (we suggest you used the vouchers which we can also supply)

LOL!! What a hustle. . . . . .
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by omafones: 7:39pm On May 04, 2011
@Cabali you got a better solution, ?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 7:47am On May 05, 2011
omafones:

@Cabali you got a better solution, ?

Installous is our own 'Apple Store' plus we don't even need Apple ID to download paid apps.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 10:56am On May 05, 2011
http://jaxov.com/2011/03/what-is-gevey-sim-hack-and-how-gevey-sim-interposer-work-to-unlock-iphone-4/

[size=18pt]Things You Need to Know Before Buying Gevey SIM:[/size]
[list]
[li]It works if your network handles 112 calls properly according to the GSM standard. So before buying Gevey SIM, first step is to dial 112 from your phone and check the response.[/li]
[li]If your network validates your IMSI on every incoming call, do not think of buying Gevey SIM.[/li]
[li]Even if your network do not validates your IMSI on every incoming call, you still have to revalidate your IMSI if your iPhone loses power, loses the reception or move to another PLMN. In all of these cases, your TMSI expires and has to be obtained again.[/li]
[li]Not all 3G network will work, for example you will not see T-mobile with 3G service on the iPhone but you will see it working with edge.[/li]
[/list]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Suntemi(m): 1:37pm On May 05, 2011
logica:

http://jaxov.com/2011/03/what-is-gevey-sim-hack-and-how-gevey-sim-interposer-work-to-unlock-iphone-4/

[size=18pt]Things You Need to Know Before Buying Gevey SIM:[/size]
[list]
[li]It works if your network handles 112 calls properly according to the GSM standard. So before buying Gevey SIM, first step is to dial 112 from your phone and check the response.[/li]
[li]If your network validates your IMSI on every incoming call, do not think of buying Gevey SIM.[/li]
[li]Even if your network do not validates your IMSI on every incoming call, you still have to revalidate your IMSI if your iPhone loses power, loses the reception or move to another PLMN. In all of these cases, your TMSI expires and has to be obtained again.[/li]
[li]Not all 3G network will work, for example you will not see T-mobile with 3G service on the iPhone but you will see it working with edge.[/li]
[/list]

112 works in Nigeria

3G works with Gevey in Nigeria.

SO GEVEY WORKS PERFECTLY WELL IN NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (103)

Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now / Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.