Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,705 members, 7,969,068 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:37 PM

PREMIUM TIMES: Increasing Rate Of Baby Traffickers In Abia State - I'm Disturbed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PREMIUM TIMES: Increasing Rate Of Baby Traffickers In Abia State - I'm Disturbed (529 Views)

How Jonathan Appointed Suspected Serial Thief To Head Radio Nig - Premium Times / Touching Photos: Family Members Of The Condemned Drug Traffickers In Indonesia. / Patrick Obahiagbon On Being Disturbed By A Girl On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PREMIUM TIMES: Increasing Rate Of Baby Traffickers In Abia State - I'm Disturbed by OmoTier1(m): 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
[size=13pt]PLEASE BE WARNED: NO TRIBAL COMMENTS IS WELCOMED ON THIS THREAD. [/size]

[size=14pt]Fellow Nigerians, have we become so inhuman? My heart bleeds reading this report. Has Nigeria really come to this end? [/size]

The police in Abia have arrested no fewer than seven child-trafficking suspects in the last one month, the Commissioner of Police, Usman Tilli, said in Umuahia on Monday.

Mr. Tilli said that the suspects were apprehended between March 4 and April 2 and expressed displeasure over the circumstances under which they committed the crime. He said that a 26-year-old man in Aba allegedly sold his six-month-old son for N350, 000 to enable him to get a travelling document to Greece.

The commissioner said on March 16, a man from Amaoji in Isiala-Ngwa South Local Government Area of Abia reported that his wife connived with a doctor to sell their baby. He said that the new born baby boy was sold for N300, 000 by the doctor who allegedly delivered it.

Mr. Tilli said that the doctor had been charged to court while three other pregnant women he harboured in his baby factory were used as prosecution witnesses. He said that a couple were also arrested for selling their new born baby for N200, 000 to someone, who was still at large.

Mr. Tilli said the command would stop at nothing to ensure that the state was rid of child- traffickers.

(NAN)

Source :http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/128633-abia-police-condemn-increasing-rate-of-baby-traffickers-arrests-7-suspects.html
Re: PREMIUM TIMES: Increasing Rate Of Baby Traffickers In Abia State - I'm Disturbed by OmoTier1(m): 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
What on earth will force someone to sell their own child for any amount? Seriously where is our HUMANITY?
Re: PREMIUM TIMES: Increasing Rate Of Baby Traffickers In Abia State - I'm Disturbed by Tsmooth1(m): 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
Re: PREMIUM TIMES: Increasing Rate Of Baby Traffickers In Abia State - I'm Disturbed by vislabraye(m): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
See what the love of Money can cause.
Re: PREMIUM TIMES: Increasing Rate Of Baby Traffickers In Abia State - I'm Disturbed by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 08, 2013
Is poverty this high in aba?
Re: PREMIUM TIMES: Increasing Rate Of Baby Traffickers In Abia State - I'm Disturbed by OmoTier1(m): 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
My people, it is shocking to say the least. If I had my way, I would engage one of these foreign investigative journalist to really shed more light on this darkness enveloping our nation.

In a sane clime, that this report made the newspaper should warrant an immediate summon of the governor by the House of assembly to explain why this should be happening in the Abia state. The house of assembly ought to enact a law of life sentence for anyone caught in this wicked act! Who knows, the baby that is being sold off may be the 'gem' God has sent to save Nigeria 60years down the road.

Remember, every child is precious and is a carrier of the destiny of a generation.

(1) (Reply)

Babangida Commends Jonathan For Boko Haram Amnesty / Igbo Youth Leaders Escape Death In Abuja / Summary Of Amanpour's Interview With Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.