Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,028 members, 7,939,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:19 PM

Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses (1303 Views)

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2013
The Jehovah's Witness organization claims to be the only true Christian group in the entire world. It says that all other churches, whether Catholic or Protestant, teach error and that anyone who is not a Jehovah's Witness will be destroyed by God. However, the facts show that this group is a deceptive sect. Here are four reasons why they should be avoided.
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Taminova520: 10:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
Yep, where are the four reasons?
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Esiri111(m): 10:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
jehova witnesses are not Jehova witnesses, they are antiChrists.
They have removed parts of the Bible to suit their evil plans. and dont have their names in the book of life.
just movin about with their bags of wickedness.
they are cursed.
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by eyenCalabar(m): 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
Brother, what you are doing is an outright display of stupidity. What's wrong with you? You opened a thread about this people yesterday and today you are on it again, why not still continue with that one since you derive so much joy in tarnishing the body of Christ which we all represent as Christians? You are just a babe in Christ still feeding on breasst milk that's why you don't know what you are doing. Mature Christians don't do this. It doesn't make sense.

2 Likes

Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by eyenCalabar(m): 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2013
Esiri111: jehova witnesses are not Jehova witnesses, they are antiChrists.
They have removed parts of the Bible to suit their evil plans. and dont have their names in the book of life.
just movin about with their bags of wickedness.
they are cursed.

That shouldn't be your problem. Leave them for their creator. This is how you go about complicating issues for yourself. Stop condenming them please. If you can't find anything good in them, leave them alone. I am not a member of JW but I can't imagine myself speaking negative things about them.
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 10:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
Taminova520: Yep, where are the four reasons?
network Wahala
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
Taminova520: Yep, where are the four reasons?
#networkWahala
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by inspiredbyGOD(m): 9:44am On Apr 11, 2013
@op, it's not like highlighting the "dangers" will change anything. Witnesses will still remain witnesses. Do yourself some good and find something else to do with your time.
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 12:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
This post has been hidden

Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2013
you have lighted a fire and you can not take the heat
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Yooguyz: 11:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
@pygru, shebi warned you not to argue with ijawkid, all this is the aftermath of the arguement..Leave jehovahs witnesses alone abeg!
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by honeychild(f): 11:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
Yooguyz: @pygru, shebi warned you not to argue with ijawkid, all this is the aftermath of the arguement..Leave jehovahs witnesses alone abeg!

What happened between you and JWs? I remember a few months back you opened so many threads about JWs. You even claimed to have converted one and filled him with holy spirit.....so why have you suddenly decided to leave them alone?
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Yooguyz: 12:00am On Apr 12, 2013
@honey child, arguement does not produce results, it does not win any over.Infact the bible enjoins us to avoid foolish arguments. I did open some threads in the past about JW's but it was not under the influence of the holy ghost, even when i knew the right thing
@op quit argueing it won't get you!bring forth holy-ghost inspired threads instead.
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by honeychild(f): 12:53am On Apr 12, 2013
Yooguyz: @honey child, arguement does not produce results, it does not win any over.Infact the bible enjoins us to avoid foolish arguments. I did open some threads in the past about JW's but it was not under the influence of the holy ghost, even when i knew the right thing
@op quit argueing it won't get you!bring forth holy-ghost inspired threads instead.

I really hate it when people who know nothing about God keep talking about the Holy Spirit. This same you, who operate daily with 'Holy Ghost' opened this thread asking about how to 'get laid' on the first date:
www.nairaland.com/1119066/sex-first-date-guys-how

SMH
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Yooguyz: 1:24am On Apr 12, 2013
honeychild:

I really hate it when people who know nothing about God keep talking about the Holy Spirit. This same you, who operate daily with 'Holy Ghost' opened this thread asking about how to 'get laid' on the first date:
www.nairaland.com/1119066/sex-first-date-guys-how

SMH
old things are past away sista, all things have become new
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by honeychild(f): 1:49am On Apr 12, 2013
This was at the same time you were converting and filling people with 'Holy Ghost'.....how I wish God would really deal with you people who make a mockery of His Spirit. Well he is a patient God.

1 Like

Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Yooguyz: 7:31am On Apr 12, 2013
honeychild: This was at the same time you were converting and filling people with 'Holy Ghost'.....how I wish God would really deal with you people who make a mockery of His Spirit. Well he is a patient God.
it was not at the time of the thread it was before i wrote the thread
cheers have a lovely day ahead!
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 10:42am On Apr 12, 2013
[b]1.
The Jehovah's Witnesses deny the central teachings of the Bible.

The Jehovah's Witness organization denies that Jesus Christ is God. Instead they teach that Jesus Christ is a created angel.

"The facts show that this group is a deceptive sect."

However, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus Christ, the Son, is God.

For example, Hebrews 1:8 says, "But about the Son he says, 'Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever ...' " Many other verses also teach this — John 1:1,14; 20:26-28; Acts 20:28; Romans 9:5; Hebrews 1:3, 8-9; 2 Peter 1:1.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Instead they teach that Jesus' body was dissolved into gases. Charles Taze Russell, founder of the organization taught, "The man Jesus is dead, forever dead" ( Studies in the Scriptures , Vol. 5, 1899, p. 454).

However, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus' body was raised back to life: For example, Luke 24:39 — "Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see I have." See also — John 2:19-21; John 20:26-28; 1 Corinthians 15:6,14.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the Holy Spirit is God. Instead they teach that the Holy Spirit is a impersonal force, like electricity.
However, the Bible clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God: Acts 5:3,4 — "Then Peter said, Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filledyour heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit... You have not lied to men but to God." See also John 14:16-17; 16:13-15; Romans 8:26-27; 2 Corinthians 3:6,17-18; Ephesians 4:30.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny that salvation is God's free gift. Instead they teach that salvation must be earned or merited. To obtain salvation and escape judgment, a person must join and do the works prescribed by the Jehovah's Witness organization.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that salvation cannot be earned or merited — it isGod’s free gift: Ephesians 2:8-9 — "For it is bygrace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast." See also: Romans 4:1-4; Galatians 2:16; Titus 3:5.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the endless punishment of the wicked.
Instead they teach that unrighteous people will be annihilated and cease to exist.
However, the Bible clearly teaches the endlesspunishment of the wicked: Matthew 25:41, 46 — "Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into theeternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels .... Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."See also: Matthew 18:8; 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9; Revelation 14:10, 11; 20:10, 15.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny that human beings have a spirit that exists after death. Instead they teach that like animals, a person's life ceases to exist at death.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that the human spirit continues a conscious existenceafter death: 2 Corinthians 5:8 — "We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be awayfrom the body and at home with the Lord." See also: Luke 16:19-31; Philippians 1:23-24; Revelation 6:9-11.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that eternal life in God's presence is only for a select few. They claim that only a special group of 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses can be born again and live forever with God in heaven; all other Jehovah's Witnesses stay on earth.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that all those who put their faith in Jesus Christ will have eternal life in the presence of God. The Bible refers to this group as an innumerable multitude: Revelation 7:9, 15 — "After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb ... they are before the throne of Godand serve him day and night in his temple." See also: John 3:15; 5:24;12:26; Ephesians 2:19; Philippians 3:20; Colossians 3:1; Hebrews 3:1; 12:22; 2 Peter 1:10,11.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the Three-in-One nature of God (Trinity) and teach that Sataninvented the doctrine of the Trinity. They reject all the scriptures that identify Jesus Christ as God and the Holy Spirit as God.
However, the Bible clearly teaches that the Son and the Holy Spirit, as well as the Father are God (John 1:1; 20:28; 1 John 5:20; Acts 5:3, 4). It also clearly and forcefully teaches that there is only one God (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8; etc.). It teaches that the Three are one— a Trinity (Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2).

Is it not dangerous to follow an organization that denies the central teachings of the Bible?[/b]
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 10:48am On Apr 12, 2013
Pygru: [b]1.

The Jehovah's Witness organization denies that Jesus Christ is God. Instead they teach that Jesus Christ is a created angel.

For example, Hebrews 1:8 says, "But about the Son he says, 'Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever ...' " Many other verses also teach this — John 1:1,14; 20:26-28; Acts 20:28; Romans 9:5; Hebrews 1:3, 8-9; 2 Peter 1:1.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Instead they teach that Jesus' body was dissolved into gases. Charles Taze Russell, founder of the organization taught, "The man Jesus is dead, forever dead" ( Studies in the Scriptures , Vol. 5, 1899, p. 454).

However, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus' body was raised back to life: For example, Luke 24:39 — "Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see I have." See also — John 2:19-21; John 20:26-28; 1 Corinthians 15:6,14.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the Holy Spirit is God. Instead they teach that the Holy Spirit is a impersonal force, like electricity.
However, the Bible clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God: Acts 5:3,4 — "Then Peter said, Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filledyour heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit... You have not lied to men but to God." See also John 14:16-17; 16:13-15; Romans 8:26-27; 2 Corinthians 3:6,17-18; Ephesians 4:30.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny that salvation is God's free gift. Instead they teach that salvation must be earned or merited. To obtain salvation and escape judgment, a person must join and do the works prescribed by the Jehovah's Witness organization.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that salvation cannot be earned or merited — it isGod’s free gift: Ephesians 2:8-9 — "For it is bygrace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast." See also: Romans 4:1-4; Galatians 2:16; Titus 3:5.

Instead they teach that unrighteous people will be annihilated and cease to exist.
However, the Bible clearly teaches the endlesspunishment of the wicked: Matthew 25:41, 46 — "Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into theeternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels .... Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."See also: Matthew 18:8; 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9; Revelation 14:10, 11; 20:10, 15.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny that human beings have a spirit that exists after death. Instead they teach that like animals, a person's life ceases to exist at death.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that the human spirit continues a conscious existenceafter death: 2 Corinthians 5:8 — "We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be awayfrom the body and at home with the Lord." See also: Luke 16:19-31; Philippians 1:23-24; Revelation 6:9-11.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that eternal life in God's presence is only for a select few. They claim that only a special group of 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses can be born again and live forever with God in heaven; all other Jehovah's Witnesses stay on earth.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that all those who put their faith in Jesus Christ will have eternal life in the presence of God. The Bible refers to this group as an innumerable multitude: Revelation 7:9, 15 — "After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb ... they are before the throne of Godand serve him day and night in his temple." See also: John 3:15; 5:24;12:26; Ephesians 2:19; Philippians 3:20; Colossians 3:1; Hebrews 3:1; 12:22; 2 Peter 1:10,11.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the Three-in-One nature of God (Trinity) and teach that Sataninvented the doctrine of the Trinity. They reject all the scriptures that identify Jesus Christ as God and the Holy Spirit as God.
However, the Bible clearly teaches that the Son and the Holy Spirit, as well as the Father are God (John 1:1; 20:28; 1 John 5:20; Acts 5:3, 4). It also clearly and forcefully teaches that there is only one God (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8; etc.). It teaches that the Three are one— a Trinity (Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2).

Is it not dangerous to follow an organization that denies the central teachings of the Bible?[/b]

When we try to engage you in discussions you run away.......

you are indeed a FOOL........

1..Trinity
2..Hell fire.
3..All good people go to heaven(earth remain un-inhabited)
4...Jesus with flesh and bone in heaven......

Can you please be reasonable and let's get into the discussion proper??....

You have not even given a reply to noomark on the other thread as regards the meaning of Godhead and here you are again repeating the same thrash you can't defend if a discussusion should commence.....
angry
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 10:57am On Apr 12, 2013
The Jehovah's Witnesses Tamper with the Bible.

The Jehovah's Witness organization has produced its own bogus version of the Bible.

This version is called the New World Translation.
It contains deliberate changes to many verses of Scripture. These changes try to hide the fact that Jehovah's Witness teaching is unbiblical and false.

A Comparison of the Bible and
the Deceptive New World Translation

The Holy Bible The Deceptive
New World Translation
John 1:1 — "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."
This is a clear declaration that Jesus (the Word) is God. John 1:1 — "In the beginning the Word was,and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god."
This change was made to support the Jehovah's Witnesses denial that Jesus is God.
Colossians 1:16 — "For by him [Jesus] were all things created ... all things were created by him and for him."
This teaches that Jesus is the Creator of all, and is not a created being himself.
Colossians 1:16 — "because by means of him all [other] things were created ... All [other] things have been created through him and for him."
The word "other" has been wrongly added to support the Jehovah's Witnesses false teaching that Jesus himself is a created angel. (1955)

Hebrews 1:8 — "But about the Son he says, 'Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever."
Note here that God the Father calls Jesus the Son, "God."
Hebrews 1:8 — "But with reference to the Son: "God is your throne forever and ever..."
The order of the words has been wrongly changed by the Jehovah's Witness organization to hide the fact that Jesus, (the Son) is called God.
Is it not dangerous to follow an organization that tampers with Holy Scripture?

The Jehovah's Witnesses Have a History of Failed Prophecies.

The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses claim to speak for Jehovah God with prophetic authority but they have made many prophecies that failed to come true. For example, they predicted that Armageddon and the end of the world would come in 1975. To cover up for this failure, most Jehovah's Witnesses today deny they made this prediction even though it is easily provenfrom their own literature. 1

The Jehovah's Witness organization also predicted that the end of the world would come in 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925 and 1942. They predicted that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would be resurrected and return to theearth in 1925. They have been wrong every single time. 2 The Bible declares that failed prophecy is a mark of a false prophet (Deuteronomy 18:21-22).

Is it not dangerous to follow an organization with a history of failed prophecies?

The Jehovah's Witness Organization Uses Its Authority Abusively.
In spite of its many failed prophecies, the Jehovah's Witness organization teaches that it is the only true religion, and that only its members are true Christians shocked. It claims that no one can learn spiritual truth apart from them.
It also teaches that there is salvation only in joining their organization and everyone but Jehovah's Witnesses will be destroyed at Armageddonshocked.

The Jehovah's Witnesses organization demands that its members obey and accept, unquestioningly, every command and biblical interpretation given by the organization.

For example, the Jehovah's Witnesses organization prohibits the use of blood transfusions.
Individual Jehovah's Witnesses are expected to die or let their children die, rather than break this command, even though the Scriptures nowhere teach that blood transfusions are wrong. Any Jehovah's Witness that disobeys this rule is told he will be destroyed at the coming of Armageddon — the time of final judgmentshocked.
In this way the leaders use fear and intimidation to keep members obedient to the organization.
The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses have also used their predictions of the end of the world to put fear into the hearts of their followers.

Is it not dangerous to follow an organization that uses its authority abusively?

http://wit.irr.org/four-dangers-of-jehovahs-witnesses
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by bizmahn: 5:44pm On Apr 14, 2013
Mr pygru is doing a good job passing good info that many people wouldn't have know otherwise including me so nobody should prevent him.He's doing a good job warning & enlightening the body of Christ except he's spreading lies which i believe is not the case.You don't only open threads to debate but also to enlighten the public.
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Esiri111(m): 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
bizmahn: Mr pygru is doing a good job passing good info that many people wouldn't have know otherwise including me so nobody should prevent him.He's doing a good job warning & enlightening the body of Christ except he's spreading lies which i believe is not the case.You don't only open threads to debate but also to enlighten the public.
Thanks Man.
Re: Four Dangers Of The Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 3:05pm On May 02, 2013
Pygru: [b]1.

(1) (Reply)

Atheists, What Do You Think About Revenge? / Redeemed Pastors In N600m Scam / Kenya: SHOCKING: How Human Hair Weave Leads To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.