Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,306 members, 7,925,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 06:12 AM

Working And Living In Awka - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Working And Living In Awka (3766 Views)

Four Women Mysteriously Die In Awka, Amambra State.(Graphic Pics) / Man Who Spent 20-Years Living In A Mountain Cave (photos) / I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working And Living In Awka by NJV: 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2013
Pls i've just been transfered to awka in anambra state. Pls can those who know tell me what it is like living and working in that town? Is it clean, serene, are things affordable? How easy is it to get a self-contained apartment and whats the idea of the cost?
Pls reply as soon as possible.
Re: Working And Living In Awka by NJV: 6:46am On Apr 11, 2013
Anyone pls?
Re: Working And Living In Awka by CrazyMan(m): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2013
NJV: Pls i've just been transfered to awka in anambra state.
Congrats and welcome to anambra state.

NJV: Pls can those who know tell me what it is like living and working in that town?
Awka is a nice town where the standard of living is reasonably low...the people of awka are nice people. To live and work in awka is fun

NJV: Is it clean, serene, are things affordable?
Yea Awka is clean...and most things are quite affordable.

Note: there are two major markets in Awka...Eke Awka and Nkwo Amenyi. Commodities sold at those markets are quite cheap compared to those sold in other mini markets across the town.

NJV: How easy is it to get a self-contained apartment
A self-contained apartment is quite easy to come by provided you have enough cash to pay for it.

NJV: and whats the idea of the cost?
Please reply as soon as possible.
The cost of accommodation is reasonable compared to other states in the country.

A good self contain in Awka falls between 70-120k. Depending on the area where its located.
Re: Working And Living In Awka by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
crazyman has said it all,the location you intend to settle in could determine the cost of accomodation. One good tins is that traffic is always smooth so u can even find good houses in suburbs around awka,you can always transport yourself to ur work place everyday. If ur mobile,best for you. Goodluck and welcome to anambra.
Re: Working And Living In Awka by NJV: 7:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
Thank u both so much for ur replies. I really appreciate it. My heart is at rest afterall. God bless u both.

(1) (Reply)

Beautifying Your Space On A Low Budget / Frequent Ask Questions On Nairaland Forum / LADIES ONLY ! 8 Ways To Avoid Sagging Bre@st At Young Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.