Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,174 members, 7,884,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. (2968 Views)

'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola / No Electricity Protest Going On In Akure City, Ondo State (Photos) / Breaking News: DSIEC Declares PDP Winner Of Ethiope East Local Government Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by chinkelly(m): 10:02am On Apr 11, 2013
NATIONAL SERVICE is a national call to serve our fatherland. I was glad to be part of the race until the reality of the place I was posted to showed up. The place is Anambra East Local Government Area comprised Of the famous Otoucha, Otu,Umuleri,Agu leri the home of Blessed Tansi, the holy city and the Ancestral home of Igbo people and other communities. I have been sentenced to serve in darkness. It is on records that for years no PHCN light here. The people here have resigned to fate. Who do I ask about the problem? It is a case of “if you ask me na hu I go ask?”. For months now, I either go to charge my battery for 50naira or leave it dead while I loose contacts with family,friends and the world . I either accept to drink hot mineral or decline, I dare not think of ironed cloths. I ask myself what sin have I against the government to be sentenced to one year of total darkness, dehumanization I still believe something can be done, I believe the problem persist because someone somewhere is not doing their supposed job either the communities, the PHCN or the Government. I still believe there is hope when I looked at the East , I saw Hon Emenaka Obinna C in the Anambra state House of Assembly, to the East and West I saw Hon Chriscato Ameke in the Federal House of Representative while to the North is Senator Mrs Chuba Okadigbo Margery Chibogu in the senate representing this great Communities. What they need to do is to recognise problem exist in their constituency. Which needs urgent attention from the authority. I believe they must not take up arms before the authority can recognise there is problem. Am equally calling on the Sons and daughters of these great communities wherever they are that problem exist at home. Your people are in excruciating darkness, they have resigned to fate, your people at home, I mean the gallant people at home, I call them gallant because they have refused to run away from home because of the Problem. It is on record here that a lot of persons have fled the communities as a result of this problem. The gallant ones are calling for help. They are tired of darkness , they wants to be human again, they wants to drink cold water when the weather is hot, they wants to wear ironed cloths, they wants to be part of the world. I call on the Sons and daughters , the representatives of these great communities, that this problem is not insurmountable, it is solvable, your people need life again because light is life. The time to act is now. Okojie Theophilus wrote from Umuleri , Batch A corp member
Pls rebroadcast until this message getS to the appropriate Authority for Urgent attention!
Re: Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by Coldblooded(m): 10:34am On Apr 11, 2013
chinkelly: NATIONAL SERVICE is a national call to serve our fatherland. I was glad to be part of the race until the reality of the place I was posted to showed up. The place is Anambra East Local Government Area comprised Of the famous Otoucha, Otu,Umuleri,Agu leri the home of Blessed Tansi, the holy city and the Ancestral home of Igbo people and other communities. I have been sentenced to serve in darkness. It is on records that for years no PHCN light here. The people here have resigned to fate. Who do I ask about the problem? It is a case of “if you ask me na hu I go ask?”. For months now, I either go to charge my battery for 50naira or leave it dead while I loose contacts with family,friends and the world . I either accept to drink hot mineral or decline, I dare not think of ironed cloths. I ask myself what sin have I against the government to be sentenced to one year of total darkness, dehumanization I still believe something can be done, I believe the problem persist because someone somewhere is not doing their supposed job either the communities, the PHCN or the Government. I still believe there is hope when I looked at the East , I saw Hon Emenaka Obinna C in the Anambra state House of Assembly, to the East and West I saw Hon Chriscato Ameke in the Federal House of Representative while to the North is Senator Mrs Chuba Okadigbo Margery Chibogu in the senate representing this great Communities. What they need to do is to recognise problem exist in their constituency. Which needs urgent attention from the authority. I believe they must not take up arms before the authority can recognise there is problem. Am equally calling on the Sons and daughters of these great communities wherever they are that problem exist at home. Your people are in excruciating darkness, they have resigned to fate, your people at home, I mean the gallant people at home, I call them gallant because they have refused to run away from home because of the Problem. It is on record here that a lot of persons have fled the communities as a result of this problem. The gallant ones are calling for help. They are tired of darkness , they wants to be human again, they wants to drink cold water when the weather is hot, they wants to wear ironed cloths, they wants to be part of the world. I call on the Sons and daughters , the representatives of these great communities, that this problem is not insurmountable, it is solvable, your people need life again because light is life. The time to act is now. Okojie Theophilus wrote from Umuleri , Batch A corp member
Pls rebroadcast until this message getS to the appropriate Authority for Urgent attention!
well said friend! I am so surprised to hear this, I am from Anambra and never knew some places in my state have no electricity until now not to talk of the famous Otuocha, Aguleri and Umuleri.It's disheartening to imagine what life over there would look like; can it be attributed to the nature of the area( presence of rivers)? Or does it mean their representatives in the national assembly are not doing their job? Whatever their reasons are would not suffice.

Anyway, that's one of the misadventures of NYSC, it tends to push us to the limits,exposing corps members to extreme environments with the motive of enculturation.I witnessed it when I served in the creeks in Bayelsa State,but I am happy and stronger now. I hope your plea would meet and find favours in the eyes of our "ogas at d top". Regards

1 Like

Re: Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by fynetreenaija(m): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2013
It should not surprise anyone that parts of Anambra East have no electrity. Several other communities within that geopolitical zone lack the most basic of infrastructure and othe necessities that sustain modern existence and life. This is why d people of this area must raise and rally round and support a responsible person from this belt to become the next Governor of Anambra state. It is only through this direct participation in governance that the belt must be remembered and provided for. All forms of backbiting, excessive greed/selfishness, sabotage and instability associated with the people of this area must be checkmated by the people themselves if ever they will succeed in improving their general lot.
Re: Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by achi4u(m): 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2013
Only God knws the problem with PHCN of that area,or could it be that their transfer(s) were/is faulty or is there no PHCN presence in those communities?

Op what's the main problem there?
Re: Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by lotannam: 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
There are PHCN facilities there but the light comes on few hours in a year. most homes and small scale biz runs on generators. its a really shame.
Re: Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
Even the outgoing governor can not fix the same problem. Maybe the next governor shall perform...
Re: Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
The major problem regarding electricity in that area is vandalism. Government itself is tired of fixing power lines only for it to be vandalised the next day.
Re: Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by Sloan: 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sunny_bobo: The major problem regarding electricity in that area is vandalism. Government itself is tired of fixing power lines only for it to be vandalised the next day.

Are you saying that the ibos in that area are so mega vandals, their legendary vandalism has denied hundreds or thousands of ibos electricity for 7 years? I salute this type of vandals who must be aliens given their legendary powers to knock an erstwhile federal bureaucracy with billions of naira budget for 7 years?? shocked shocked Or you are being economical with the truth? You think this is another Odualh scandal and you must quickly muddy up the waters to protect someone and keep up this lie and facade of paradise in iboland? Ol boy, you better wake up before you chop big slap, manually overriding your senses to see straight! You better cry out because 1000 lies will not power the houses or bring electricity to your land.
Re: Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by achi4u(m): 6:45am On Dec 03, 2013
^^
This guy u are wired grin
Re: Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 03, 2013
Umuleri is a very good example...no light for two years and counting; someone will tell me that Obi is working.
Re: Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by asha80(m): 7:05am On Dec 03, 2013
the rate of vandalism in that area is quite high....it was even highlighted during the nggt tour of anambra earlier where it was complained that electric wires that bring power to that area were vandalized three times in two years
Re: Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 03, 2013
Sloan:

Are you saying that the ibos in that area are so mega vandals, their legendary vandalism has denied hundreds or thousands of ibos electricity for 7 years? I salute this type of vandals who must be aliens given their legendary powers to knock an erstwhile federal bureaucracy with billions of naira budget for 7 years?? shocked shocked Or you are being economical with the truth? You think this is another Odualh scandal and you must quickly muddy up the waters to protect someone and keep up this lie and facade of paradise in iboland? Ol boy, you better wake up before you chop big slap, manually overriding your senses to see straight! You better cry out because 1000 lies will not power the houses or bring electricity to your land.
U GUYS ARE NT TIRED OF TRIBALISM, SMH FOR U
Re: Communities In Anambra East Local Government Area Still Have No Electricity. by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 03, 2013
ANAMBRA EAST IS THE RIVERINE AREA OF ANAMBRA, THEY HAVE NO ROADS ONLY RECENTLY OBI BUILD ROAD FOR THEM ONLY ACCESIBLE DURING DRY SEASON, THE PLACE NEED SPECIAL ATTENTION

(1) (Reply)

GMB The Face Of Deception. / :D Different Postures Of Governor Amaechi :D / Oba Akiolu's curse is actually a karma! it all started from Onitsha.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.