Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,721 members, 7,912,001 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 07:15 PM

What Was The Last Book You Read? - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Was The Last Book You Read? (23538 Views)

Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? / Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. / The Most Memorable Book You Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2010
[size=13pt]The last book i read was '' Da Vinci Code''- and after reading it , i cant just stop reading it most especially during bedtime. . . smiley[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by SisiKill1: 11:43am On Mar 13, 2010
I'm reading Always a time to Die by Elizabeth Lowell but if were gonna be technical, the last book I read was Sudden Death.
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by vescucci(m): 10:43pm On Mar 13, 2010
Who wrote that, Sisi?

You read like a bad sales pitch, Polando

I'm reading a collection of short stories by Alfred Hitchcock. He didn't write anything but the preface though. The last book I read is Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by iice(f): 4:13am On Mar 14, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

I'm reading Always a time to Die by Elizabeth Lowell but if were gonna be technical, the last book I read was Sudden Death.

Any good? Thought of reading it once but it didn't interest me when i read the cover.
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by kay9(m): 11:50am On Mar 14, 2010
Finished reading David Gemmell's Troy: Lord of the Silver Bow last wednesday; it was suuuu-weet!! Dayum! I thought i'd read, heard, and watched all there was about the stories of Troy and the greek and trojan heroes and all that - even read Homer's Iliad and Aenied - ok no, only read the Aenied, never got around to Iliad. But mehn, Mr. Gemmell has a re-invention. Me likey!!

Off to read the second installment: Shield of Thunder.
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by ojd(m): 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2010
just finished reading sum of all fears by BAba Tom Clancy and i'm about to start Clear and Present Danger by him 2
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 06, 2010
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by Thelmabee: 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2010
undecidedCant remember, but right now, I'm finally reading John Grisham's "the testament",after like two failed attempts at reading it in the past and that's because I told myself I wasnt gonna read it if it dint come in one of those dem hard cover plus bold print grin grin
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2010
grin grin grin
Thelmabee:

undecidedCant remember, but right now, I'm finally reading John Grisham's "the testament",after like two failed attempts at reading it in the past and that's because I told myself I wasnt gonna read it if it dint come in one of those dem hard cover plus bold print grin grin
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2010
The thing around your neck
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by Virgo83(m): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2010
Bringing Down The House: The Story of Six MIT Students Who Took Vegas for Millions
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by DreaShola: 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2010
The key to midnight by Dean koontz
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by slap1(m): 9:12pm On Jun 08, 2010
WHERE ARE YOU NOW? by Mary Higgins Clark. God bless her 4 such a gud book.
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by tpiah: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2010
just finished the lord of the silver bow trilogy.

thanks @ kay9.

astounding writing.
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by MyneWhite1(f): 12:01am On Jun 16, 2010
Finished "A Hundred secret senses" by Amy Tan
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by Virgo83(m): 9:04am On Jun 25, 2010
Take The Risk by Ben Carson with Greg Lewis. I read it in just 3 days.
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by sirgeorge(m): 12:32am On Jun 26, 2010
just finished reading jack and jill by james patterson.fantastic stuff.I intend to read the complete alex cross series
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by sirgeorge(m): 12:34am On Jun 26, 2010
just finished reading jack and jill by james patterson.fantastic stuff.I intend to read the complete alex cross series.
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by Spader9(m): 12:39am On Jun 26, 2010
Haha thats funny. . . The book happens to be "The Last Book You'll Read"!
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by tpiah: 1:13am On Jul 01, 2010
chick-lit.

book 8 of the princess diaries. Quite interesting even though the heroine does come across as a bit spoilt, whiny and naive.

and how does the author know so much about teenagers?
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by vescucci(m): 1:39am On Jul 01, 2010
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. It was given to me by someone I love and I love the book and it's not only cuz I love the giver. FANTASTIC BOOK!!!!! A testament to human endurance and preservation and sheer will to live. There's the little matter of the Pulitzer it won too. Read some books after but I just wanted to rave on this one
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by DreaShola: 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2010
Animorphs
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2010
The Big Short - Michael Lewis
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by kaykaybaba(m): 1:01am On Jul 07, 2010
rick riordan's sea of lightning (Percy Jackson #2)
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by slap1(m): 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2010
TURNING ANGEL by Greg Iles. Breathtaking!
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by kaykaybaba(m): 10:49pm On Aug 21, 2010
currently reading R. Jordan's The gathering (book #12) and trying not to read it too fast. Great book
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by Travelista(f): 10:53pm On Aug 21, 2010
Just finished "The U.S. Consul At Work" and "The Portable Dante".
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:58am On Aug 22, 2010
[size=13pt]Turning Angel is a damn good book.

If you're just reading Greg Iles for the first time, here's his advice on the order in which to read his books:
If you have just read Turning Angel, you should next read The Quiet Game, the novel in which Penn Cage first appeared, and which many readers believe is my best book.

Blood Memory was written before Turning Angel, and Penn’s father Tom Cage appears there in a supporting role, but I would read “Blood Memory” after “The Quiet Game,” not before. You will appreciate Tom much more then. grin grin wink
[/size]

slap1:

TURNING ANGEL by Greg Iles. Breathtaking!
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:41am On Aug 22, 2010

[size=13pt]City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
by Cassandra Clare
I was having a dry season when I decided to pick this book up. . . . I just expected it to be another tryhard modern fantasy. Man, was I wrong.

I loved this book from start to finish. Clary is everything anyone can look for in a Fantasy heroine, and more. She's brave, fierce (and of course oblivous to her incredible beauty), but she's also so refreshingly real. Jace is also very believable - so much in fact, that I'm sure everyone can name at least three people who match his obnoxious ego, arrogant charm and intolerable temper. kiss

The pacing of the story was perfect - nothing was too rushed, and none of it seemed to depend on pure convenience. Clary's reactions, thoughts and emotions were very human, and I was happy to finally read a book which didn't remind me that it WAS all concocted inside someone's head, and that the characters had been shaped to fit with the storyline. For once, it seems the plot has been fitted around the character.

Cassandra Clare has begun a new era of fantasy. She has, I believe, found the balance between urban legends and traditional fantasy, so the book is lacking in neither credability or magic. One of the most unique fantasies you'll ever read. wink
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Book You Read? by james1(m): 8:40am On Aug 22, 2010
James strolls in***yawns**funny enough,I can't remember what book I read last.had more than my fair share of reading though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DESIRE 2(house On Fire) By John Mfon / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos / Hacked:romance And Action Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.