Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,088 members, 7,970,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:09 AM

Nigerian Youths Wake Up - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths Wake Up (2927 Views)

Where Did We Go Wrong? Nigerian Youths Wake Up! - Prof Soyinka / Open Letter To AREWA Youths: Wake Up! Do The Right Thing!! Take The Shackles Off / Nigerian Youths Wake Up!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Uziehot(m): 8:32am On Apr 13, 2013
Nwogbe: wow!!! Interesting thread. I have been wanting to push for such campaign ever since, this is just the right time for this i tell ya. Pls Op wot will happen is for us to have a complete representation from each state from this forum first. This can be done by simply indicating your interest and the state u are reping. We will however fix a meeting @ a venue in lagos by that nextweek to deliberate and familiarize as well as streamline issues.
Lemme start, am from Abia and will be reping Abia.
NB: the essence for stating your state is to make sure that we have at least a representative from each state during the meeting by nextwk. Thks.
we must nt 4get d area of funding d reps frm each state,pls d area whr some union get involve shud nt b welcum so they won't boycott d movement just like wat "d head of t.u.c n d labour union" did durin d occupy naija. As 4 me,i can represent NASARAWA STATE. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by terrysegxy(m): 8:35am On Apr 13, 2013
is gud ooo infact i will be the leader, where to meet get me posted tnx
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 8:38am On Apr 13, 2013
luxzzy4ever: @metro is it only unemployement that is wrong wit ds nation? we only need one reason to start and they have given us that. Victory assured. . .

@Luxzzy, the list is endless...absence of social benefits, youth maginalization, bad examples from dubious politicians e.t.c, right now...our major frustration is the lack of obvious governmental plan for jobs for countless jobless youths, the decay of public infrastructures and gross absence of concern for the economics of nigeria by our leaders.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 8:41am On Apr 13, 2013
Good move...we now have an abia, nasarawa and lagos reps...keep up the representation.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Nwogbe: 9:12am On Apr 13, 2013
Mind u, this is the beginning of an era to the youth of this great nation, don't just view rather contribute and let's see this through. It is our right and we must have it.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Guliver(m): 9:14am On Apr 13, 2013
Am n 4 EDO.if dey dnt want t peaceful,den let make t bloody.who remain carry on wit life
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Nwogbe: 9:15am On Apr 13, 2013
Uziehot: we must nt 4get d area of funding d reps frm each state,pls d area whr some union get involve shud nt b welcum so they won't boycott d movement just like wat "d head of t.u.c n d labour union" did durin d occupy naija. As 4 me,i can represent NASARAWA STATE. Thanks.
Noted, that will be dealt when we meet.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by linsa01(m): 9:17am On Apr 13, 2013
Yes, i'm beggining to see the possibility now. Pls let us ensure that no group or opposition hijack this campaign. We dont want T.shirts or mobilisation money 4rm any group of people. To me, only Nigerian police should be carried along. Are unemployed/jobless youths parts of NLC/TUC? We dont need to carry them along. One must all move with one mind, one objective. Campaign against against unemployment and corruption should be the main focus.
Plus i wunt advise front page for a sensitive discussion like. Govt agents are all over nairaland and other social networks. Putting this on the front page might lead to sabotage of our plans.

I rep Lagos.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Nwogbe: 9:23am On Apr 13, 2013
Guliver: Am n 4 EDO.if dey dnt want t peaceful,den let make t bloody.who remain carry on wit life
Guliver the aim and motive of this great group is not and aren't going to be violence, rather we will press for our right peacefully and in accordance wife d law of our nation.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 10:26am On Apr 13, 2013
Represented are:
Lagos
Nasarawa
Edo
Abia
Representatives should keep coming in. Please, we do not advocate for violence. This is going to be a peaceful movement. We will have to be registered as a corporate body...peace!
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by MissOpe(f): 10:59am On Apr 13, 2013
am in guys.... Is there anything a lady can do about this?
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Nwogbe: 11:24am On Apr 13, 2013
Miss Ope: am in guys.... Is there anything a lady can do about this?
ya miss Ope u are highly welcome. U have a lot to contribute. Which state are u from pls ?
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Nwogbe: 11:26am On Apr 13, 2013
Op plz reach me @ tankiama@yahoo.com lets talk asap. Thnks
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by adim2(m): 11:29am On Apr 13, 2013
Good morning all.
This time we stand up for our right and push our demands through peaceful means and not violence because if we destroy any social infrastructure, it will still affect us. All we need to do now is trying to get the fore runners, getting the press to view this and then move our motions and let them know we are suffering. I don't want to leave this country i want to develop it. All said and done. I rep delta state.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by anitank(f): 11:29am On Apr 13, 2013
We need fearless and strong minded but mature people in this. No touts, no cowards that won't stand on their words.

I just don't buy the idea of trekking from Lagos to Abuja
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by anitank(f): 11:32am On Apr 13, 2013
Nwogbe:
ya miss Ope u are highly welcome. U have a lot to contribute. Which state are u from pls ?
Tell us what we have to do.
I stay in Lagos
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Stingstyl(m): 11:57am On Apr 13, 2013
I'm in, i've been aiming to push same motive out to unemployed graduate across the nation. It's high time to show our stand in the country, we cannot continue to suffer in pennury while the so called leaders representing the masses are doin nothing abt the situation of unemployment in nigeria but embezzling our public fund. They come online n tell us to be creative, stand as entreprenure yet capitals to start up useful ideas are not made available. We need to stand in unity and fight this menace together, starting strategically wit a peaceful protest and if nothin is done stil. Then a massive violent wil be introduced. Pls lets find a way to meet
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 12:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
metro10: Represented are:
Lagos
Nasarawa
Edo
Abia
Representatives should keep coming in. Please, we do not advocate for violence. This is going to be a peaceful movement. We will have to be registered as a corporate body...peace!

keep coming in reps...
We now have:
Lagos
Nasarawa
Abia
Edo
Delta

pls keep coming.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by adim2(m): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
Copy the message below. Broadcast it on ur fb, bbm, tweeter etc

Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other country except Nigeria, We have been suffering in silence while our Leaders put our future in their bank accounts. How can we remain like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you to school to sit at home because our Government have failed us. Let us come out one and say No. We must not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a better life, our better life is here in our country. We have the money, oil and resources but only a selected few have continue to suck it dry why we keep believing God for a change, wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000 youths in each of the 36states to challenge the Government. in a non violence way. We say NO, A man cannot have billions of naira while millions of youths roam the streets every day looking for daily bread. Our young men must not all be kidnappers, our young girls must not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has come for us to react, they are making the Niger delta militants and the boko haram people rich. whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the unemployed is rejected and you pay militants N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as minimum wage? How much do they pay to elected officers, we are keeping our own social contract let them keep their own. please spread this message unless you want to die in poverty in a country where God has destined all of us to be happy and prosperous...!!! Pls send this msg to all ur contact
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by adim2(m): 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
ALIMOSHO/AKOWONJO
AGEGE/SANGO
AJEROMI/IFELODUN/AJEGUNLE
APAPA
AMUWO ODOFIN/AMUWO
BADAGRY
EPE/ITA-MARU
ETI OSA WEST/IGBO-IFON
IBEJU-LEKKI/IGANDO-OLOJA
IFAKO IJAIAYE
IKEJA
IKORODU
KOSOFE
LAGOS ISLAND
LAGOS MAINLAND
MUSHIN
OJO
OSHODI ISOLO
SHOMOLU
SURULERE

ifako, Agege, ogba, berger, iju ishaga can meet at the newly agege constructed staduim

surulere, mushin, ipori, and environs can meet at national stadium surulere

people at cms, v.i and environs can meet at tafa balewa square

if you have a list of some other public grounds please post it. the each core leader will state the nearest location to them. the nearest location to my area is Agege staduim

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by 1forall: 1:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
OP while I am sympathetic to your cause this topic is not in the appropriate section, remember this is the Jobs forum moved to the politics section.

I would suggest you guys create a group somewhere, maybe on Facebook where interested people can join. It might even be better for the purpose because FB automatically updates users of the activity that goes on while they are away, unlike in a forum where people have to check the topic to get updates.

So create a group, ask people to join and carry out your sensitization activity there. And if you decide to share the link here, let the mods know.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
1forall: OP while I am sympathetic to your cause this topic is not in the appropriate section, remember this is the Jobs forum moved to the politics section.

I would suggest you guys create a group somewhere, maybe on Facebook where interested people can join. It might even be better for the purpose because FB automatically updates users of the activity that goes on while they are away, unlike in a forum where people have to check the topic to get updates.

So create a group, ask people to join and carry out your sensitization activity there. And if you decide to share the link here, let the mods know.

Thanks for the instruction. We will do accordingly. I also would like to use this medium to request permission from the mods to post the group link when its created. Yours sincerely naija youth on the struggle
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by iebanehita(m): 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
@OP.... M with you on ds. Pls, its easier we create a grp on fcbk n post d link here,n make it an open group for all to join. Good thinking guys.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by olu4life(m): 9:03pm On Apr 13, 2013
Finally,our youths are awakened. But lemme first ask u all saying u are interested. What change have u done within ur environment? This counts alot and shows how much u dread corruption. As for me,i'm so in. I'm in Ibadan. Please carry me along. Dont let the gullible and lazy youths stop u from achieving this. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Theben(m): 8:37am On Apr 14, 2013
embarassed The thread is gradually dying
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by abuliveyoung(m): 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2013
we shall overcome TODAY eeh eh!.....

o God of creatiôn, direct our noble course. this's a course we must embark on 2 sanitize our nation 4rm corrupt practises and 4rm those blood suckng leaders who are sucking d blood of d youths away and then deposit our future in their bank acount.

arise! o the youths of dis great nation, should we fold our arms to watch thngs spoil dis way? i challenge you all to wakeup 4rm ur slumber and fght for ur future.

OP. give us date, time and venue 2 converge. i only have 2wks to spend here in Lagos b4 travellng to Jigawa whre am servng.....
just can't wait 2 be part of dis struggle!d
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by adim2(m): 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2013
all we are saying is that the struggle must start gradually. my friends have been asking me am i ready to pay the price and i tell them yes. we have to start smartly and intelligently. the has to reduce the widened gap between the elites and the masses
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by abuliveyoung(m): 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2013
In the light of this struggle, i would like to warn us of sth:

1, its good we seek for the face of God before we commence the struggle but we must be d ones to struggle for ourselves cos God won't come down to fight for us.

2, we must not be gullible 2 let down our guards. We should thnk of what happened during fuel subsidy protest whre our struggle was betrayed by NLC. On this note, we're not going 2 compromise because if we do, we've just sold our future for another decades.

3, we should put it at d back of our mind that these pple we're about to table our demands b4 them have spies on this forum who would be feedng them with our plans. that means the more we're planng, the more they will be comng up with counter planng.lets be quick on our decision and lets conclude whre and how to meet by doing this we should be mindful of d pple that will represent us NOT feeble minded youth leaders we will go thre to betray our movement because i've been part of school politics before and i know what am saying and what d young men of dis days can do .

4, lets meet on time to work on our agenda, demends, strategies and seek for a way forward.

In conclusion, the youths in uk did it some few years back when their country's unemployments rate was on the increase, they moved, protest with one believe that we'll get there and correct d menace and NOW who are d ones enjoyng the economy? Moreover, theirs wasnt even worse compare to ours.
In Libya and Egypt dsame scenario took place and now who're benefitng from their economy? Greatest youths of our time! Did i hear you say great? If truly u're great, lets take d bull by the horn and start somethng tangible, sthng that will give d upcomng youths hope because if we failed, posterity will never forgive us.

Pls o, we shouldn't be demoralized by those youths(NANS, min of youth etc) who have gained favour frm d so called thieves who called themselves leaders. Pls dont pay attention to them, lets move forward.....
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by mankevo(m): 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2013
Really in, unfortunately can't rep a state.
Once it starts in Naija, I'll LEAD the Asia Solidarity Group. We discussed the mess heavily during our evening meeting yesterday. It'll be a welcome development as many of us want to return to our FATHERLAND.

Anything from us here will be considered. ALUTA
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 8:07pm On Apr 14, 2013
Thank you all for your commitment to this course, tomorrow, the facebook group will be here with permission from the mods...when that is done, we can start from the facebook group page, it will be an open page. Thanks to you all for the understanding.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
To make this participatory, pls suggest a tentative name for this group...the generally accepted name will be the tentative name for the group till the core leaders meet and a concrete name is choosen. Pls submit your suggested name from now till 11am(GMT +1) tomorrow. Thanks.

@Mods...please give us till we come up with a facebook group page tomorrow before you boot us from here. Thanks for your understanding...seun...thank you too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Cut The Cost Of Building Your Own House / Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment- Adebanjo / BREAKING: Nigerians Can Now Send Money Abroad Using Western Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.