Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,336 members, 7,881,242 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:01 PM

Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery (22561 Views)

Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos / Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy / Dangote To Site $8bn Refinery In Olokola FTZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by mrborntodoit: 10:19am On Apr 13, 2013
aasog1: He sells cement, sells flour, in real estates, has an office in NNPC Abuja's office, he's into oil and gas through Dantata his sibling, formerly owns half of Intercontinental Bank and he's the main reason Akingbola isn't rotting in jail right now, he formulates the nation's agricultural policies and currently got GEJ handling him full power to start selling rice for Nigerians since we spend about a billion on it daily and this greedy Alhaji needs the money. Been one of the so-called cartel, he was the only person who escaped persecution and now he's been given the green light to build a refinery. An AGIP any govt in power guy, and some people think he's a role model. The guy is nothing a crooked corrupt and penny-grubbing don. He sounds like those character in Mario Puzzo's novel. What a useless country. Why not rename the damn thing to Dangoria!

Get a job or better start your own business because this man can feed your generation including anyone that bares your surname, even while he's asleep, money is still rolling into his account. even if you are a bad belle , atleast be happy that your country will save money from fuel importation and also our fellow Nigerians will benefit either by employment or by fuel purchase at a reduced rate. People like you are worse than BH .

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ajetunblog(m): 10:19am On Apr 13, 2013
good development

http://ajetun..com
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Itoroetti(m): 10:20am On Apr 13, 2013
KingPradas: [size=15pt]Another way for the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer. This guy will monopolise the oil industry. Greedy Man[/size]
Mugu

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Chinaimporter: 10:22am On Apr 13, 2013
seunfly:
Dangote is a business man and his location will be based on market force and availability of raw materials, that is why most of his investments are in the south.
I don't really believe he uses sentiments in his choice of location.

Thanks mate
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Itoroetti(m): 10:24am On Apr 13, 2013
aasog1: He sells cement, sells flour, in real estates, has an office in NNPC Abuja's office, he's into oil and gas through Dantata his sibling, formerly owns half of Intercontinental Bank and he's the main reason Akingbola isn't rotting in jail right now, he formulates the nation's agricultural policies and currently got GEJ handling him full power to start selling rice for Nigerians since we spend about a billion on it daily and this greedy Alhaji needs the money. Been one of the so-called cartel, he was the only person who escaped persecution and now he's been given the green light to build a refinery. An AGIP any govt in power guy, and some people think he's a role model. The guy is nothing a crooked corrupt and penny-grubbing don. He sounds like those character in Mario Puzzo's novel. What a useless country. Why not rename the damn thing to Dangoria!

See why ur life isn't improving.pull him down syndrome.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 10:24am On Apr 13, 2013
Building refinery or not, does not change the mind of boko haram to accept amnesty!

Ehhhm em! Wot is d topic self? Remind me.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by PapaBrowne(m): 10:26am On Apr 13, 2013
KingPradas: [size=15pt]Another way for the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer. This guy will monopolise the oil industry. Greedy Man[/size]

The man has two legs,two hands and one head. Do you have half head or one leg and hand??
Why is he rich and you poor? If he monopolizes the oil industry, cant you duopolize it?
Dont you think the only reason you are not as rich as he is is your mind set?
Poverty is a mind set!

Dangote sees a problem and asks himself, how can I fix this and make money.
Others see a problem and say, why cant government fix this problem!

4 Likes

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 13, 2013
zizman: Another chapter will this year be opened in the downstream sector of the petroleum industry, when business mogul Alhaji Aliko Dangote kicks off his plan to establish a refinery in the country.

The federal government had, in 2011, granted approval to 19 multinationals for the setting up of private refineries in the country, but none of them has come on stream due to the regulation of the price of fuel in the country.

Though details of where the refinery will be sited and its capacity were yet to be made known, work on the refinery, which will cost $8 billion, will begin this year.

At a breakfast meeting with some senior editors to mark his 57th birthday in Lagos, Alhaji Dangote said work will start on the refinery once his company secured the final approval from the federal government.

While acknowledging the fact that only a mad businessman would consider establishing a refinery in Nigeria under the present uncertain business terrain of subsidising the downstream sector of the petroleum industry, Dangote pleaded with the government to allow market forces to determine the price of fuel to allow the private sector play a significant role in the industry.

"We are all aware that the federal government had issued 19 licences to the private sector to establish refineries in the country, but how many of them have come on stream? There is uncertainty in the sector and only a mad businessman will put up a refinery now, but we are set to do that," he said.

Alhaji Dangote urged the federal government to put in place critical infrastructure in all sectors of the economy to kick-start its rapid development.

He said that with the country's population expected to hit 200 million by 2015, there were no serious plans to take care of the huge population.

He also called on the government to diversify the economy by intensifying reforms in agriculture.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/52005/2013/04/13/dangote_build_8bn_oil_refinery.html
good for him
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by DJDOLA(m): 10:29am On Apr 13, 2013
Dangote for president...2015
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by rozayx5(m): 10:29am On Apr 13, 2013
Legit1: He will have to source from business mogul who are interested in being stake holders.

Cause given his net worth, how does he intend to pull 8billion dollars?

not hard to raise for africas richest man
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Akpaife(m): 10:35am On Apr 13, 2013
And so what pls front page
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by fkaz(m): 10:35am On Apr 13, 2013

That is the sign of a greatman

He conquered anywhere he goes.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Wisdom89(m): 10:36am On Apr 13, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] d guy dey try sha.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by kunlekunle: 10:37am On Apr 13, 2013
Robbing the masses to pay the elites.
Public sector fund siphoned to private sector.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by deor03(m): 10:39am On Apr 13, 2013
Itoroetti :

And so?where is he from?where does charity begins from?stop bin myopic my boy.

Charity? ?? Is Dangote running an NGO?

Businessmen think about a lot of factors before making strategic decisions like this. Sentiments is not even on the list for consideration
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ekemit(m): 10:40am On Apr 13, 2013
Good thinking good product this man has a lion heart despite the unpleasant situation in the oit sector he still has the gurt to invest in the oil sector just love your courage keep it up
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by IleIfe2(m): 10:40am On Apr 13, 2013
i hope the next government won't frustrate the project
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by adconline(m): 10:41am On Apr 13, 2013
ichidodo: 8 billion?! How much is Dangote's networth? Hope the dude wont go bankrupt because of refinery.
Google is ur friend my friend.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 13, 2013
U need not to fight urselves cos of location. Dangote is a wise businessman. He knows d right place 4 him 2 invest his money. To me, if it will be ok for him, core north would be ok.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by phreakabit(m): 10:42am On Apr 13, 2013
In a sane community most of his business ventures, will be labeled as unethical, due to their MONOPOLISTIC nature. Yet a lot of people don't see it :

[size=18pt]IF WE CAN HAVE A 100 NEW MILLIONAIRES EVERY YEAR. . .WHY HAVE THE SAME BILLIONAIRE EVERY OTHER YEAR?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by nap2: 10:44am On Apr 13, 2013
Gombs:

Umm, frm d above bolded, can you explain why there's a refinery in kaduna?...cos it beats me to comprehend why your above bolded wasn't considered while siting kaduna refinery.

Your post smells like horse poo to me tho #NoVex

There's a refinery in Kaduna because there's a market there (people use fuel in the north). In fact, because of the inefficiencies in the Nigerian system, the Republic of Niger has set up a refinery close to the Nigerian border, so that they can easily sell fuel to Nigerians.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by 1stola: 10:44am On Apr 13, 2013

[size=20pt]INGRATE[/size]
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by NaLaugh: 10:47am On Apr 13, 2013
Tolexander: So after sleeping overnight in my house built with dangote cement, i will still need waking up in the morning to boil my water for tea which has dangote's sugar with gas from dangote's refinery, and cook my shaggetti also with dangote's kerosene.
Drive to my working place with my car running on dangote's petrol. Only to gat to work and realised there is no PHCN light then thinking of how to run our generator on Dangote's diesel.
Even about 5% of the air breathe in will be dangote from the combustion of his fuels to the atmosphere likewise the air breathe out will be dangote from the catabolism of the sugar, spaghetti and indomine i eat everyday.
Applied for dangote's truck driving school, but wasn't admitted but still putting my hope on the post of the dangote group company financial manager i recently applied for.

Why all these God? when am not a product of dangote's company!

Well, maybe you're a 'Dangote test tube baby' from 'Dangote laboratories'.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by geovanni24(m): 10:48am On Apr 13, 2013
Every body is J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ applauding him 4 de bold step, he took. ‎​₪☺ doubt its worth it, but have you guys tot of the repercussion?....privatising a refinery, will surely inflate de price of fuel!...and ‎​ђã†̥ do you also tink will hapen wen a private individual controls the major commodity of a day T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ day activity of an average Nigerian man!...owning a refinery by Dangote, is anothr mtd of controlling and dictating for Nigeria while not in power!..
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by AdoOloro(m): 10:48am On Apr 13, 2013

Tell me which one of his businesses or companies has not benefitted ordinary Nigerians and even the government.
I can argue his corruption is to the benefit of Nigeria. We more businessmen like him. Imagine where Nigeria would be with 20 businessmen like Dangote in Nigeria.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by dederocs(m): 10:48am On Apr 13, 2013
Alhaji Dangote we all appreciate your ability to provide jobs in Nigeria.we also will like to thank you for initiatives to empower Nigeria graaduates for long term sustainnability through the truck driver to owner scheme,as long as the money is invested here in Nigeria to provide jobs and prosperity,we hail your business character and sense,May God give you more wisdom.
please sir,there are so many opportuinities in Information technology and so many Nigerian youths can engage in this services-say from call centres for example-to service customer care centres for companies and public switchlines(for security and information dissemination) in society.
A lot of opportuinities abound there to make huge turnover in the shortest payback period.
Clients range from government security outfits I.e police,Army,fire service,post office and other public concern for emergency call lines to communicate effectively and swiftly with the members of the public for enhanced security and coordination of government systems.
companies engaging in the business of mobile telephony,internet services and information networking services will need this service as customer service centres.
So many young IT gurus and business creative minds skilled and experienced in business and management as entrepreneurs should be facilitated and endorsed.
I have the blueprint for this we can start greatness in Nigeria through an indigenous IT revolution.
Nigeria is our only country wey we all fit get mouth.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by AdoOloro(m): 10:49am On Apr 13, 2013
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by hyelhira: 10:50am On Apr 13, 2013
wengerjay: I wil nt be surprised if it is Dangote Ankara u intend to wear for ur outing today.

I am sure the spaghetti he cooked is also Dangote Spaghetti
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by meerah25(f): 10:52am On Apr 13, 2013
aasog1:

Dangote doesn't think like a Nigerian when it comes to business, one of the reason he made a small boy like GEJ is best pal after he noticed it was the SS turn. His refinery won't be built in North as it might get blown up by his crazy families over there, besides the north is more interested in bomb making chemicals than anything right now...this is a hint for my Ibo brothers to start eyeing the importation of these goods. He won't build it in SE, SS as it would be too costly paying all that kidnapping insurance to the bad boys over there. He will definitely be adding it to one of his many empires in Lagos or Ogun State. The South West people might be called too timid and too open and accommodating, but this is benefiting them tremendously.

i felt sorry for people like you,adversing Igbos to start importing bombs to Northerners?that same bomb you import would blow you wicked soul.mitsssw!
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ichidodo: 10:54am On Apr 13, 2013
adconline:
Google is ur friend my friend.
learn to read in between lines bro, what kind of a guy would take more than 50percent of his networth to finance a highly volatile venture?
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by mrborntodoit: 10:58am On Apr 13, 2013
phreakabit: In a sane community most of his business ventures, will be labeled as unethical, due to their MONOPOLISTIC nature. Yet a lot of people don't see it :

[size=18pt]IF WE CAN HAVE A 100 NEW MILLIONAIRES EVERY YEAR. . .WHY HAVE THE SAME BILLIONAIRE EVERY OTHER YEAR?[/size]

Simply because the millionaires spend their fortune oppressing the poor and before the year runs out, they go back to square one, E-fizzy get side-effect . Nigerian youths need to face their priorities, go to clubs on the island and see them popping bottles like American Hip-hop Stars , driving fancy cars on bad roads(car no be investment) but 90% of them are not home owners, legal workers or even good influence to the upcoming gender but yet, they still encourage the falsified lifestyle so how do you expect the country to grow ? why the same old wise men no go remain ontop when they obviously have govt. connections and refuse to allow the young to grow? when i was in primary school, our teacher used to tell us we were the future leaders but since 1970, na still same leaders dey govt so when e go be our turn to be future leaders?wetin our children go become?

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by naptu2: 10:58am On Apr 13, 2013
Do you finance such investments with personal funds Why are people wondering if he'll be able to afford $8 billion. There's equity, debt, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military / My Defection Story By APC A Farce —wike / Immigration Officers And TRAFFIC Officers Clash In Ogun (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.