Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,858 members, 7,902,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 03:01 PM

Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? (1038 Views)

N59bn Abuja Airport Expressway Becoming A Death Trap (Pics) / My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats / Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by NDelta(m): 8:39am On Apr 13, 2013
When i become the president of Nigeria, it is my intention to make three crimes punishable by death, they are as follows

Murder,

Rap.e

Treason. (Coup/ Serious crime against the state)

I would want to have your oppions on crimes that you think should attract a capital punishment.
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by Dsage1: 9:06am On Apr 13, 2013
The crimes like Genocide and murder.
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by NDelta(m): 9:20am On Apr 13, 2013
@ D Sage what about rap.e?
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by Dsage1: 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2013
N.Delta:
@ D Sage what about rap.e?

Talking about 'rape', it should be a punishable offence but not a capital punishment. I suggest 10years imprisonment of the offenders.

Although raping is an animalistic behaviour,but at time, it goes beyond the offenders innate ability to resist the temptation facing at the time the crime is commited. Besides,not all the raping are the fault of those invoives.
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by NDelta(m): 10:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
wow that's new, an excuse for r apist
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by manny4life(m): 12:49am On Apr 14, 2013
D sage: The crimes like Genocide and murder.

Seconded. These are the crimes I support death penalty. With rape and treason, max of 25 years and registering as sex offender will suffice, same applies to treason. However, there's an exclusive clause - if your treasonable offense caused human loss of lives, I'll recommend the death penalty as well.
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by Empex(m): 12:58am On Apr 14, 2013
For the good of our country, I would suggest capital punishment for murder and CORRUPTION. But what do I know? These seems to be the season of amnesty bonanza, capital punishment is only the problem of that poor man without connection in Aso rock and environs.
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by wirinet(m): 1:06am On Apr 14, 2013
the only crime i would suggest death penalty for is stealing by government officials as this is the root cause of most other crimes. corruption by government officials breeds poverty, desperation and injustice leading to a gradual breakdown of the society.
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:52am On Apr 14, 2013
Genocide...Like the one the Nigeria army commited at Asaba.
Murderers! God will forever punish your generations!
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by NDelta(m): 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2013
@ Empex and wirinex...

Capital punishment for corruption and political thieves would be too extreme, in Nigeria we tend to blame corruption for everything and i think that must stop, take for instance the reccent report in one of the Nigerian dailies, two muslims from kwarra state were caught spying for Iran, they were gathering information for Iran about Isreali embassy in Nigeria. Are political thieves responsible for that? NO, what about all these reports we hear these days about Men molesting women and girls, for instance the case of those boys at Abia state Uni, remember that video? We need to take a very hards stand on some crimes to serve as a deterrent to others.
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by gratiaeo(m): 7:36pm On Apr 14, 2013
Abeg remove r'ape, unless you wanna wipe out south west or see them e-mass in prison

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by NDelta(m): 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2013
lol @ Southwest...
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by Dede1(m): 7:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
Murder
Armed Robbery

@POSTERS

Genocide is also a murder. Treason never attracted capital punishment in Nigeria until sets of cowards and criminals such as Obasanjo ascend to the position of Head of State.
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by wirinet(m): 7:23pm On Apr 20, 2013
N.Delta:
@ Empex and wirinex...

Capital punishment for corruption and political thieves would be too extreme, in Nigeria we tend to blame corruption for everything and i think that must stop, take for instance the reccent report in one of the Nigerian dailies, two muslims from kwarra state were caught spying for Iran, they were gathering information for Iran about Isreali embassy in Nigeria. Are political thieves responsible for that? NO, what about all these reports we hear these days about Men molesting women and girls, for instance the case of those boys at Abia state Uni, remember that video? We need to take a very hards stand on some crimes to serve as a deterrent to others.

Corruption is the father of all crimes, because it bleeds the society slowly and eventually kills the society. That is why societies that takes a stong stance against corruption last way longer than a society than condones it. Most other problems like violent crimes, social unrest, injustice, oppression, etc stems from the disfunctional and chaotic situation caused by corruption. You see the Bible spent a large part of the old testament discouraging and fighting corruption in all its ramifications - sometimes exessively, and it was able to help the jews stabilize their societies. The new testament condones corruption to some extent.

The examples you gave are too infinitesimal and inconsequential to affect the society the way corruptions does. Spying by unpatriotic individuals has been common through out history and even at that it was not condoned as anyone caught is often put to death. Isolated cases of r@pe does not have much effect on society, it is only when it becomes systematic as in the case or war or a breakdown of law and order does it become a big issue.
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by gramci: 11:02pm On Apr 20, 2013
N.Delta:
@ Empex and wirinex...

Get your facts right as new revelation has revealed that the rape never took place in Aaia.
Re: Which Of These Crimes Would You Recommend A Death Sentence For? by NDelta(m): 10:30pm On Oct 23, 2017
Make your views known

(1) (Reply)

Student Die After Jamb Exam, Pix / BREAKING News! Al-mustapha Promoted To Brigadiers General. / Fec Led By Jonathan Approves Money Twice On The Same Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.