Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,646 members, 7,951,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:06 PM

Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom To Contest For Senate In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom To Contest For Senate In 2015 (463 Views)

Melaye Appears In Senate In Unusual Attire- Daily Trust / Senate In Rowdy Session Over Vote Of Confidence On Saraki / Senate In Rowdy Session Over Obanikoro’s Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom To Contest For Senate In 2015 by miqos02(m): 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio, on Friday, declared his intention to contest for the senatorial seat in his district when he vacates the governorship seat in 2015.

Mr. Akpabio stated this on a special edition of 'Sunrise Daily', a programme by Channels Television beamed live from Uyo, the Akwa Ibom capital.

The governor is currently on his maximum second term in office.

"Initially, I thought of retiring quietly back to my village and from politics completely after my tenure during which I have brought uncommon transformation to Akwa Ibom in the last six years.

"But there have been pressures by my people who are yearning for quality representation based on service. I was compelled to reconsider my decision and yield to the people desire by opting to run for the Senate," Mr. Akpabio said.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201304120881.html

(1) (Reply)

Al-qaeda Targets Children Through Video Games / The Missing Link In President Jonathan’s Administration / History Of Fuel Price Increases In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.