Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,834 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:42 AM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (348865 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 1:05am On Oct 13, 2013
Ibom connection in 1930s it was called picadilly circus back then enjoy pictures courtesy of parsonago @ flicker

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 1:09am On Oct 13, 2013
ibom connection now, i believe this pic is old if u have a more current pic of ibom connection pls post it so we can see how much that place has improved in 83yrs cheers.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:04am On Oct 18, 2013
[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/50776989@N00/367863809/in/photostream/lightbox/[/img][b][/b]
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
uyo

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
uyo 1

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
night lighting @ uyo

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
UUTH U/C

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
aks
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
uyo

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
Update on etebi - Ewang road with 1150m bridge

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
larger images

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2013
larger 2

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Kponkwem(m): 11:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
Akshow: Beautiful i must confess. No Where for south east fine reach uyo o

Small town, see Owerri and die. But I'm proud of Uyo sha
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 1:44am On Oct 23, 2013
The New Press Hall for Pioneer Newspapers under construction.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
nigerpet structures uyo

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
before and after beautification pictures courtesy of nigerpet structures ltd

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nwaniba road - edet akpan ave junction.
and
Dominic utuk - wellington bassey way

Before and after beautification/expansion

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
before and after expansion

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
beautification and expansion of roads in uyo metropolis

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
more

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by most4luv: 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2013
I don't really have much to say, but it was vividly confirmed that the state Govnor has relocated to Lagos with his wife, you are free to quote me wrong, my question is, if he truely has all this shit I may call it, why relocating to lagos with his family??
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by kettykings: 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
@ ujonime :Uyo has been really transformed , roads are good but good road is not everything , i believe that you have the ears of the Governor.
Economic Development of Akwa Ibom will be good considering the shaky nature of the Nigerian oil industry with Major importers of Nigerian oil and gas discovering new very large deposits like America with their shale oil and gas , China and India with big off shore discovery.

I think the time has come to take the game higher with investment in Education (building bigger , better equipped universities that would churn real human capital that would drive the next phase of the development), The speedy completion and commissioning of the Ibaka sea port,Establishment of an international refinery with Depots to ensure all round storage and availability of petroleum products.

Akwa Ibom needs to be transformed to an Economic Regional power that would provide a leverage for the economies of the surrounding states, Industries like Fish Trawling / warehousing, Ship building /Repairs, Dry docking of ships , Deep sea ports , 2 medium sized Petro chemical industry that will churn out inputs for industries in Aba , port Harcourt, Onitsha and nnewi can facilitate the journey to Akwa Ibom becoming a Regional Economic Power
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
kettykings: @ ujonime :Uyo has been really transformed , roads are good but good road is not everything , i believe that you have the ears of the Governor.
Economic Development of Akwa Ibom will be good considering the shaky nature of the Nigerian oil industry with Major importers of Nigerian oil and gas discovering new very large deposits like America with their shale oil and gas , China and India with big off shore discovery.

I think the time has come to take the game higher with investment in Education (building bigger , better equipped universities that would churn real human capital that would drive the next phase of the development), The speedy completion and commissioning of the Ibaka sea port,Establishment of an international refinery with Depots to ensure all round storage and availability of petroleum products.

Akwa Ibom needs to be transformed to an Economic Regional power that would provide a leverage for the economies of the surrounding states, Industries like Fish Trawling / warehousing, Ship building /Repairs, Dry docking of ships , Deep sea ports , 2 medium sized Petro chemical industry that will churn out inputs for industries in Aba , port Harcourt, Onitsha and nnewi can facilitate the journey to Akwa Ibom becoming a Regional Economic Power

I agree with you totally all you stated is needed in Akwa ibom, But you dont put something on nothing and expect it to stand. Prior to 2007 you could count the number of functional roads in Uyo Ala akwa ibom state with your fingertips, but to day that has changed and more roads are still under construction in the state. I bet you will agree that without roads/good infrastructures none of those things you mentioned will be possible. industries needs access roads and the governor is providing those.

If you follow the thread closely and happening in AKS you would find out that most of what you are proposing is part of the vision and dreams of this administration for AKS and he is not just talking about industralizing AKS but he is taking active steps to achieve these vision.
1).all the necessary approvals for the deep sea port has been secured from the FG and the Free trade zone licence has been approved for the ibom industrial city. Whats pending is the private funding for the project which is to be PPP.

2). the access road to the sea port is presently under construction, it will have 2 bridges totalling 1150m the longest bridge in the state and will be one of the most expensive roads in the state the etebi - ewang road will link the area of the port to the east west road also under construction this will be one of the most important economic routes in the state when completed. all this are done to prepare ground for proper industrialization of the state.

3) there is a gas processing facility in Uquo which supplies gas to the 191mw ibom power plant and will also supply to the NIPP at odukpani supply pipelines has been completed and the process is ongoing.
Mobil is building a 500mw power plant in eket presently you must agree that for proper industrialization there must be power, this things are currently taking shape in AKS at the moment.

4) There is a functional Airport in the state which makes doing business in the state more convenient than it ever was.

It would be naive to categorize the effort of the present administration as relegated to only building roads even though he has performed creditably on this regards, and it will also be equally naive to dismiss the role of good road net work in the proper development of any state or region.
The journey towards industrialization of AKS is on course though it might not be as fast as we all will want it but if you look at the indicators on ground you will undoubtedly come to the conclusion that the state is on course and we will definitely get there soon.

BTW few weeks ago Slok group announced that they were going to build the largest petroleum tank farm and an export refinery in the state that's an exciting piece of news and we will keep our finger crossed while awaiting more such positive news from the Private sectors because the govt can only do so much, they can only provide the infrastructures as Akpabio is doing but the real industrialization, if it is to be sustainable must be private sector driven.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
^^^^Sorry i forgot the educational piece that you also mentioned, the state is doing well interms of educational reforms as they have exponentially increased enrollment of kids into primary and secondary schools with the introduction of totally free education at that level the AKSG is paying subvention per kid to the schools to ensure that kids are not taxed all manner of levies like PTA,Handwork,development etc thats paramount in the overall improvement of education in the state.

With the ministerial projects which began in 2008 and ongoing most schools infrastructures are wearing a new look thorough out the entire state some of the projects are shown on this thread and the state website.

The state polytechnic recently had about 8km of road network complete with drainage commissioned in the school which will make the development of the school much easier.

The state owned university has resumed academic activities and requires more infrastructural upgrade this i believe will be done in increments relative to the growth of student population/need.

On the whole i agree with you that more need to be done by the state govt. but again looking at basic indicators, the current administration is laying a good foundation on which to build on.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 12:13am On Oct 24, 2013
Wow... see overlooked business opportunity for the government... All those cars parked on the sidewalk. Clamp them with N30,000 release fee.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 12:50am On Oct 24, 2013
Rossikk: Wow... see overlooked business opportunity for the government... All those cars parked on the sidewalk. Clamp them with N30,000 release fee.

rossik i didnt know you have agbero mentality!lol
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 1:17am On Nov 07, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 1:18am On Nov 07, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 3:22am On Nov 07, 2013
uyo stadium progress so far updates as of november 2013 pictures 1 courtesy of akwa ibom ministry of information pics 2 to 5 courtesy of Aquafinna of skyscrapercity.com

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 3:31am On Nov 07, 2013
uyo stadium external cladding in progress.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by emeka94(m): 4:05am On Nov 07, 2013
fuqua: Ikot Ekpene ko ni baje
FOOL d thing no rhyme.

Wen will Aba be like dis. Hmm
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 07, 2013
beta stadium.see as e resemble new egg.lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.