Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,211 members, 7,880,778 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:40 AM

Over 100 Passengers In ‘miracle Escape’ After Bali Plane Crash - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Over 100 Passengers In ‘miracle Escape’ After Bali Plane Crash (633 Views)

The Types Of Passengers In Airline / 4-Year-Old Boy That Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash (Photos) / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Over 100 Passengers In ‘miracle Escape’ After Bali Plane Crash by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
Over 100 passengers in ‘miracle escape’ after Bali plane crash
Lion Air plane
Screams ... passengers feared they would drown
By HARRY HAWKINS
Published: 9 hrs ago

OVER 100 passengers had a miracle escape as their jet missed a runway on landing and crashed into the sea.

People screamed in terror as the plane hit the waves and split into two after falling 50 metres from the airport runway.

But all were safely evacuated as the plane bobbed in the water off the holiday island of Bali.

Crashed plane
Terror ... passengers screamed as jet landed

Remarkable pictures showed passengers on the floating Lion Air jet awaiting rescue weaing inflatable life-jackets.

It is believed the pilot misjudged the runway length when landing on the Indonesian isle and skidded off the end.

One passenger, named only as Dewi, said: "The aircraft was in landing position when suddenly I saw it getting closer to the sea, and finally it hit the water.

Lion Air Boeing 737
Crash ... plane missed designated landing spot
"All of the passengers were screaming in panic in fear they would drown. I left behind my belongings and went to an emergency door.

"I got out of the plane and swam before rescuers jumped in to help me."

Video:
'Miracle escape' after Bali plane crash
Sky News

OVER 100 passengers escape as their jet missed a runway on landing and crashed into the sea

Bali Police Chief Arif Wahyunadi said all passengers and crew had been successfully evacuated although several were hospitalised with minor injuries.

Police said the plane originated from Bandung, the capital of West Java province, and was landing in Bali when the horrific accident happened.

Lion Air is a popular budget airline in Indonesia which has recently signed multi-billion dollar deals to buy planes from Airbus and Boeing.

Lion Air
Rescue ... all were pulled safely clear

Back to top of page

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4886315/Passengers-in-miracle-escape-after-Bali-plane-crash.html

(1) (Reply)

Free Report On Full Details Of All Free Tuition Of Finland Universities / Studying Abroad / How To Survive Plane Crash On Ur Building/head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.