Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,766 members, 7,979,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:20 PM

Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria (14542 Views)

Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / AIT Documentary On Tinubu: Lion Of Bourdillion (Videos) / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
mikelreal: Learnt the video was banned? Now i know why.

But after watchn the video wat next?? Continue as if nothing happened?? Mehn Nigeria is fvcked
what do you plan doing about it?
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Symphony007: 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2013
SimonAndal: NIGERIA: ST.U.PID PEOPLE, DUMB NATION, BANANA REPUBLIC!
there is something the critics don't understand about nigeria and that is the country is booming with greatness. Their are a few suppressing this greatness with their greed and inhumanity but as they say destiny can be delayed but not denied!! This country is destined to be great!! Despite all the problems, the average nigerian does not sit and wait for the government for everything. We still survive "MAN MUST WACK"!! No matter the chanllenges, somehow we still make. Despite allthe corruption, some of the most brightest and geniunly richest africans are nigerians, despite all the bombings our economy is number 2 in africa, despite our frail educational system we have produced nobel laurets, mathematicians and world famous educationsit. And people sit back in the world and say how does this shambolic country still survive? I teel you, greatness is in this country but our leaders and we the people have created the sheild aginst it. The sooner we bring down this human sheild the greater we will become. GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY NIGERIA!!

3 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by gilgee(m): 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2013
We should all share this with friends and even foes until it gets to every Nigerian. The solution to this corruption problem is, holding our leaders accountable for every undoing of theirs and clamouring boldly for our rights! These leaders think an average Nigerian is a toothless dog....hence their persistent wickedness.

3 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by oddy4real(m): 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
so, GEJ is the cause of poverty in the land? things people would do for politics sha...

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by gerald09(m): 1:20pm On Apr 14, 2013
After watching this what den happens. NOTHING, the Nigerian race have suffered for so long that they use to suffering, any attempt to help stop the suffering is jt a fail attempt cos they really don't want it. The Nigerian race are very weak people, they worship men like them cos they hav money, Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ hav seen so many documentaries, movies and articles on the poverty n corruption of Nigeria yet everyday it get worst. During the fuel subsidy protest Nigerians disappointed Nigerians, that was the time to say enough is enough but as usual corruption won. But I believe this country will change cos as they say its will get worst b4 it gets better, let's just hope Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ don't hav to destroy the country b4 it does. I won't be surprised if nuffin happens in 2015. Nigerians claim they are smarter but yet u are ruled by the most illiterate of them all. I can you help a country be better when its citizens don't want it to. The leaders are Nigerians, so? God will not save us neither would the western world that's a fact. I bet both heaven n hell has abandoned us to our faiths. Nigerians are no more humans anymore.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Easy1401(m): 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
All Nigerian has corruption in their blood so our corrupt leaders were from corrupt and Evil society of ours. A bad tree shall nt bear a good fruit neither good trees bear a bad fruits. MUTED!

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by DoffMan2: 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2013
liloelawwal: i was close to tears when i saw the documentry.the amala iya iyabo prepared 4 me i couldnt eat it

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by DoffMan2: 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2013
liloelawwal: i was close to tears when i saw the documentry.the amala iya iyabo prepared 4 me i couldnt eat it

No be small tin my broda. I was weeping like a child,

Dem share alll those billions and not even 100k reach my side. Kai! cry

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by browncool(m): 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2013
aminho: You see ur life always talking abot the bad site of 9ja
If you watched this clip and this error still proceeded out of your mouth, then I pity your parents for time wasted to produce a big fool like you
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by browncool(m): 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
My country Nigeria will rise up and stand tall soon and if you believe me, say YEA
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by solid3(m): 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2013
Darey Osiyoye
If Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and the rest of the Arab world could get their
Gov to listen am sure we can do it!!! Our future is in our hands, not
some politicians Bank account: Let's spread the message!!! Let's use
Social Media to Liberate our selves!!!! Nigerian Youths wake up, We
have no other country except Nigeria, We have been suffering in
silence while our Leaders put our future in their bank accounts. How
can we remain like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered
to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your
future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you to
school to sit at home because our Government has failed us. Let us
come out one day and say No. We must not remain like this, we
cannot all travel abroad to find a better life, our better life is here in
our country. We have the money, oil and resources but only a
selected few have continue to suck it dry while we keep believing
God for a change, wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000
youths in each of the 36states to challenge the Government. We say
NO, we will destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will Kill
those who stand on our way as they are considered the enemy of
our Beloved Mother Land. A man cannot have billions of naira while
millions of youths roam the streets every day looking for daily
bread. Our young men must not all be kidnappers, Drug dealers,
drug peddlers or Fraud stars while our young girls must not all be
prostitutes or rely on older Men for survival. The best of our young
brains are abroad serving other nations while our mother land
starves!! Thousands of us are sitting in Jail home and abroad!! Get
Ready I tell you. The time has come for us to react, the only way
our Government listens is violence, they have shown it to the Niger
delta militants and now they are planning to show it to the boko
haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the
unemployed is rejected and you pay militants N75,000 per month.
How much do they pay as minimum wage? How much do they
pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria will burn to be
rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq, Egypt and Tunisia...pleas e spread this
message unless you want to die in poverty in a country where God
has destined all of us to be happy and prosperous...!! ! Please send
this msg to all your contacts on Facebook, Twitter, BBM, Watsapp,
let it go Viral on Social Media!! It will happen soon!!

3 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by chemvic: 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2013
pls i need a direct download link to this video...pls help post it if you do have it!
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Ephraimatic(m): 2:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
SimonAndal: NIGERIA: ST.U.PID PEOPLE, DUMB NATION, BANANA REPUBLIC!
R u a fool?
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by nenergy(m): 2:12pm On Apr 14, 2013
For those who can't stream video on mobile...Download there-

FUELLING POVERTY The Movie | Wadup
http:///fuelling-poverty-the-movie-download/

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
gilgee: We should all share this with friends and even foes until it gets to every Nigerian. The solution to this corruption problem is, holding our leaders accountable for every undoing of theirs and clamouring boldly for our rights! These leaders think an average Nigerian is a toothless dog....hence their persistent wickedness.
Tagging everybody on Facebook now angry

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
*solid*:
Darey Osiyoye
tag ur folks on fb..I'm circulating the video now

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Dreamflyin(m): 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
akinalabi:

I dont get how this would bring tears to anyone's eyes. Ok. The guy that was killed. Watching gruesome murder is always touching.

But generally, rehashing the whole subsidy issue is not worth my 29 minutes.

I dnt knw wat 2 say to u. If u ar d real Akin Alabi, so sad the kind mentality u've got.

2 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 14, 2013
Any one who thinks corruption and poverty in Nigeria can be solved by changing a governor or president is SOPHISTICATEDLY IGNORANT.

You cannot solve a problem until you identify the ROOT cause of the problem. The root cause of poverty and corruption in Nig is not GEJ or Fashola. Rather it is the STRUCTURE of govt we run.

The FACT is that Abuja can NEVER feed and cater for 160million people. But 160million people can over-feed and cater for Abuja.

For instance, a father with 100 children will find it difficult to SOLELY cater for all the children and wives. But if some or all of the 100 children, the wives contribute to feeding of the family and growth of the family, added to what the father gets, there will be SURPLUS for the family.

The current situation where ALL national resources is harnessed at Abuja and then distributed to the 36 states and FCT, for further distribution to 160million people will CERTAINLY bred corruption and POVERTY. But if the current structure is reversed so that resources are harnessed by the states (from the people in every state), there will SURPLUS for the people, the state and to cater for the centre. And under such structure, since the money available to every state governor will depend on the creativity, hardwork, literacy rate, enterprise,etc of its people, the governor will do every thing possible to create the right atmosphere for such to thrive and empower its people. As the people are being empowered, poverty is being eradicated.

Furthermore, because most of the money spent by both public and private officials come from hardwork and people's sweat, corruption will reduce.

Just an example, since the crisis in Borno and Yobe states started, the state govt has witnessed little or no reduction in monthly revenue because it receives its funds DIRECTLY from federation account shared in Abuja. In such situations, there's complete disconnent between the people in those states and the govt. There's also no incentive to end the crisis as those in govt have regular flow of funds from Abuja. But if it were the other way round, ie those governors get their sustenance directly from economic activities of residents of Borno or Yobe, by now the politicians would have been depending on aides from UN and felt the direct heat of the crisis. If they feel direct heat of the crisis, they would have done everything possible to end the crisis. In any case, such crisis would not have arisen if the govt was getting its sustenance directly from residents because it would have been nipped in the bud as early as possible.

In summary, corruption and poverty in Nigeria is not caused by GEJ or PDP. We should note that some states in the north have been under the control of ANPP, not PDP, since 1999. The root cause of corruption and poverty in Nigeria is the structure of political system we run. Unfortunately, that structure can NEVER be corrected until oil dries up because the north will fiercely resist any such attempt

7 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
Any one who thinks corruption and poverty in Nigeria can be solved by changing a governor or president is SOPHISTICATEDLY IGNORANT.

You cannot solve a problem until you identify the ROOT cause of the problem. The root cause of poverty and corruption in Nig is not GEJ or Fashola. Rather it is the STRUCTURE of govt we run.

The FACT is that Abuja can NEVER feed and cater for 160million people. But 160million people can over-feed and cater for Abuja.

For instance, a father with 100 children will find it difficult to SOLELY cater for all the children and wives. But if some or all of the 100 children, the wives contribute to feeding of the family and growth of the family, added to what the father gets, there will be SURPLUS for the family.

The current situation where ALL national resources is harnessed at Abuja and then distributed to the 36 states and FCT, for further distribution to 160million people will CERTAINLY bred corruption and POVERTY. But if the current structure is reversed so that resources are harnessed by the states (from the people in every state), there will SURPLUS for the people, the state and to cater for the centre. And under such structure, since the money available to every state governor will depend on the creativity, hardwork, literacy rate, enterprise,etc of its people, the governor will do every thing possible to create the right atmosphere for such to thrive and empower its people. As the people are being empowered, poverty is being eradicated.

Furthermore, because most of the money spent by both public and private officials come from hardwork and people's sweat, corruption will reduce.

Just an example, since the crisis in Borno and Yobe states started, the state govt has witnessed little or no reduction in monthly revenue because it receives its funds DIRECTLY from federation account shared in Abuja. In such situations, there's complete disconnent between the people in those states and the govt. There's also no incentive to end the crisis as those in govt have regular flow of funds from Abuja. But if it were the other way round, ie those governors get their sustenance directly from economic activities of residents of Borno or Yobe, by now the politicians would have been depending on aides from UN and felt the direct heat of the crisis. If they feel direct heat of the crisis, they would have done everything possible to end the crisis. In any case, such crisis would not have arisen if the govt was getting its sustenance directly from residents because it would have been nipped in the bud as early as possible.

In summary, corruption and poverty in Nigeria is not caused by GEJ or PDP. We should note that some states in the north have been under the control of ANPP, not PDP, since 1999. The root cause of corruption and poverty in Nigeria is the structure of political system we run. Unfortunately, that structure can NEVER be corrected until oil dries up because the north will fiercely resist any such attempt.

2 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by inquisitiv: 3:23pm On Apr 14, 2013
@sincereNigerian....this is the kind of opinion that forces me to comment on NL. Thanks for not letting ur mind be ruled by JUST emotions. PDP, GEJ, ACN, TINUBU are not the problem with Nigeria. The problem with nigeria is the structure and most importantly the PEOPLE cos these rulers don't drop from jupiter. They come from within us. QED.

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 14, 2013
*solid*:
Darey Osiyoye

I couldn't say any better. I copied your write up and shared the video
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
mikelreal: Learnt the video was banned? Now i know why.

But after watchn the video wat next?? Continue as if nothing happened?? Mehn Nigeria is fvcked
yeah menh dats watsup. Pple continue as if nothing happens coz in reality wen it comes to d sin of corruption in nigeria we are all guilty - leaders nd followers alike. And as karl marx once rightly pointed out 'if you want to stop something ill, do not be a part of it'. So i guess u knw now dat dos who continue as if nothing happens are either a part of d corrupt system, its catalysts or its beneficiaries. Those dat will rise up to fight are those who............

Guy! Naija wahala don tire me.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Demdem(m): 3:30pm On Apr 14, 2013
and yet fools will still go ahead to vote for the retardeen under which this monumental fraud occurred
what a shame.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by cap28: 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2013
The biggest problem for nigerians is poor education - poor education means that you will never undestand why nigeria is in the state its in - it also makes you focus on the symptoms of nigeria's problems rather than the cause.

Nigeria is still under the control of a puppet govt who were installed there by europe and america - until you dismantle this foundation you will continue to go round and round in circles.

Nigeria's problems really began in the 1980s with the installation of Babangida and Obasanjo and recently Badluck Jonathan who are puppets of western imperialism, until you remove these enemies of nigeria's progress nothing will move forward in nigeria, but it is easier said than done - look at what happened to Libya when Qadaffi refused to open Libya up for the multinational oil corporartions and the Zionist controlled banking cartels, look at what happened to Saddam when he refused to continue to sell his oil in US dollars, look at what is happening to syria and iran who continue to serve the interests of their own citizens rather than the interests of the EU/united states.

sadly many nigerians do not have any clue about any of this and continue to think that the root cause of their problems is their leadership rather than the western powers who control all of the world's most valuable resources.

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by ade2008(m): 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
Ive not been able to watch that video but one thing i know is that nothing is new in that. We have been seeing so many wierd things all around us more than what uve seen. its only GOD that can save us. There is nothing we can do, we are powerless. Even if u make people see reasons why we have to fight for our right some will use religion to counter u. Let us see it as our own fate and continue praying for this country .
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
ade2008: Ive not been able to watch that video but one thing i know is that nothing is new in that. We have been seeing so many wierd things all around us more than what uve seen. its only GOD that can save us[/i]. There is nothing we can do, we are powerless. Even if u make people see reasons why we have to fight for our right some will use religion to counter u[i]. Let us see it as our own fate and continue praying[i][/i] for this country .

--Below was a quote from youtube...your statements rinks of contradictions..

Jack White 4 months ago

"Typical Nigerian mentality "only God will help us" "only God can touch our leaders so they realize what they're doing". If there is a God he's forgotten about Africa a long time ago. God cannot do anything for you, stop wasting your time and resources praying to a deity that cannot answer or help you. Nigerians you need to take matter into your hands and revolutionize this "banana republic" government because you are your only hope not God..."
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by theripper2: 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2013
How will this country unfetter herself when every tribe tries to defend and hide its crooks and thieves and u have toady hominoids who doggedly wheedle people to celebrate mediocrity. I no feel pity for naija again abeg, the country b like person wey dey resit same exam for the past 40yrs.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by kabba7(m): 4:48pm On Apr 14, 2013
@oluwatoyosi:

YES, let's talk about it! I'm sure you didn't watch the video. This is not time to show your stupid patrotism, its a wake up call to everyone. Heard the government ban the video from circulating. SMH4N

Not to worry the dvd will be on sale before friday on lagos streets more Nigerians must be given the chance to see what has become of the country once it could be picked on lagos street it would just be days to get everywhere .

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Paschal007: 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
omenka: @OP, please can you post it in such a manner one could download?
http://mp3avi.com/download/db21d9587cf27bdeed28ed4e8c4c5643.html

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]But the poor are the most ungrateful people in Nigeria.
It is not worth it doing your best to help them.
Lest we forget, majority of the greediest and most corrupt people in government came from poor families. I have a theory that their fears of insecurity and poverty are responsible for their abnormal greed that makes them corrupt.[/size]

MMMM... I disagree.... It's not just poor people, it every class, including the rich. By your analogy, Bukola Saraki isn't corrupt because he was born to a rich Olusola Saraki?

Igbinedion Lucky should not be corrupt because he was born to Gabriel Igbinedion?

Adams Oshiomhole should be corrupt by ur analogy becos he was born to a poor family?
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
like the barber said towards the end of the documentary only when the masses agree to hold the Govt to account by starting a revolution things will never change
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by informatix: 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2013
This Film have been Banned by National film and Video Cencorship Board. Nairaland please remove this link. Bako himself is already under surveilance by DSS.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sen. Shehu Sani Denies Decamping From APC To SDP Party With This Hilarious Tweet / President Buhari Greets Sen. Ken Nnamani At 70 / Afenifere Throws Weight Behind Buhari/osinbajo, say Atiku's Backers are usurpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.