Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,298 members, 7,881,097 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:22 PM

Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation (7180 Views)

Breaking... Transparency International Disowns Buhari's Anti Corruption Noise / Jonathan Campaign Team Disowns Fayose's Death Advert / Transparency International Disowns Nigeria Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2013
ndu_chucks:

This is the best I can do for now:

I think TIN wanted immediate credibility by fraudulently associating themselves with TI. The scheme has unfortunately backfired - too bad, some of their reports were spot on.

Thanks for your indulgence.

Have a read of this

Transparency International Denounces Nigerian Chapter

Transparency International, respected global anti- corruption organisation has distanced itself from the activities of a Nigerian None Governmental Organisation, NGO, Transparency in Nigeria, TIN, saying that it has no link with it.

From all indications, TIN used to be the Nigerian chapter of the international body until 2011 then it withdrew accreditation from its local arm.

In a statement released today by the international body, it said that it “has no links with an organisation calling itself ‘Transparency in Nigeria (TIN)” adding that it had written to the organisation “demanding that it stop associating its work with Transparency International, its name and logo”.

Transparency International is miffed that it has been linked to a report released by TIN last week titled “Budget Discipline Perception Index (BDPI) 2012/2013”.

It denied any links with TIN and noted that it does not currently have an affiliate body in Nigeria.

“Transparency International has no links with ‘Transparency in Nigeria’, nor does it currently have an affiliate in Nigeria,” it stated.

The global body said further that it was not responsible for the publication of the Budget Discipline Perception Index resented last week in Abuja and that it did not endorse the content of the report.

When contacted for his comments, the secretary general of TIN, Osita Ogbu, said that he was not aware of the launching of the Budget Discipline Perception Index.

“I am not aware of any such launching and I didn’t participate,” he declared.

Ogbu however said that there was a problem in TIN that had led to a court case over the use of the name Transparency in Nigeria and that maybe it was the other party in the litigation that was involved in the presentation of the perception index that irked the international anti – corruption organisation.

However, another member of TIN who does not want to be named said that TIN was actually the Nigerian chapter of the global body until its accreditation was withdrawn in 2011.

According to the source, the local chapter was formed during the military era and was named Transparency in Nigeria with accreditation from the international body.

However, due to internal governance issues, what our source called “the Nigerian factor”, the international body withdrew its accreditation and wrote the Nigerian chapter in 2011 to stop using its name or linking it to its activities in the country.
http://www.icirnigeria.org/inews.php?id=983
Re: Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Thanks for your indulgence.

Have a read of this

http://www.icirnigeria.org/inews.php?id=983

WOW! what a bunch of lies by fraudulent ppl.na so dem dey use style build profile then strike
Re: Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation by livethinme: 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
some of you amaze me.

So even though TI Nigeria used the name and logo of an organisation, because they didnt say they are affiliated with said organisation, that somehow makes it okay?
Re: Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 14, 2013
I remember the President in his 1st October broadcast speech said Nigeria was ranked 2nd in the first against corruption after the United States by the TI. TI refuted this claim.
Re: Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation by Sibrah: 5:44pm On Apr 14, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Don't come across as a dullard, my dear friend. nuff said
Meaning?
Re: Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation by matrixme(m): 7:27pm On Apr 14, 2013
A lesson to us all. We should never believe everything especially coming from the Internet and Nigerian news media. In fact, Nairaland is not a website, and you should not believe that I told you never to believe.
Re: Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation by Guk: 10:12pm On Apr 14, 2013
eGuerrilla:

What are you are insinuating this morning @Sincere 9gerian?
That Oby Ezekwesili is fraudulent? Or that all reports produced by Transparency Nigeria hitherto are baseless?

Make your position crystal clear, I beg.

For those of you who have no respect for Oby Ezekwesili, my prayer is that you attain 1/100th of what she has ever achieved, but you certainly wont achieve it by thousands of posts on nairaland...they dont earn you any =N=, nor advance you in any manner. Pls educate yourself on her. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obiageli_Ezekwesili
Re: Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation by Venchy: 10:19pm On Apr 14, 2013
There's corruption every in the world but with 1 vote equals 92, NIGERIA IS FATHER OF ALL FATHER IN CORRUPTION, leaders shows no remorse to their citizens.
Re: Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation by gratiaeo(m): 12:16am On Apr 15, 2013
No wonder a state like Anambra that has not borrowed 1 naira is not in top ten.....
Must Nigeria politicize everything?
Re: Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 15, 2013
Okay! Nigeria again! cheesy grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation by ladman(m): 10:12am On Apr 15, 2013
So naija transparency no even dey transparent, what is actually transparent in this country? shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Shot While Coming In Contact With President Buhari (video) / Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President / Gov Aregbesola: Why New Slogan For Osun State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.